futbol
DeviAngel
Mr Nick09
91 posters

Page 13 of 29 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 29  Next

Go down

Morata is finished - Page 13 Empty Re: Morata is finished

Post by farfan Sun May 22, 2016 1:34 am

eh , they can't if Madrid wants him back .

There is a buy back option .

farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun May 22, 2016 1:43 am

For someone who almost always comes up big when Juve needs him to, it seems odd that Mandzukic regularly starts ahead of him.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 22, 2016 1:47 am

Yeah Bill... I think he's a great super sub to bring in around the 65 min mark and to get starts in cup and some league games. It works well. I'd also consider playing him as a starter in clasicos in a 442 setup where he can counter attack with speed.

You just have to know how to use Morata for now. He's only 23 so he has 2-3 more years to develop some more. Needs to work on his finishing and his play in close quarters. Maybe he can get there.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 22, 2016 1:48 am

To Juve fans... it's common knowledge that Madrid will exercise its buyback clause this summer unless Morata doesn't want to come back. Apparently he does though. So i wouldn't get too attached with him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sun May 22, 2016 1:51 am

farfan wrote:eh , they can't if Madrid wants him back .

Money talks, bullshit walks. You must be a young fellow.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun May 22, 2016 2:21 am

sportsczy wrote:To Juve fans... it's common knowledge that Madrid will exercise its buyback clause this summer unless Morata doesn't want to come back. Apparently he does though. So i wouldn't get too attached with him.

Its common knowledge to just about everyone, commentators were saying it was his last game when he came onto the field today... it seems inevitable (I'll say seems because until it actually happens, it hasn't)

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 22, 2016 2:25 am

The fact that he's not a regular at Juve was the clincher I think... he just never won the job. If you're gonna be on the bench and you're a Spaniard, might as well do it for Real Madrid.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun May 22, 2016 2:32 am

sportsczy wrote:The fact that he's not a regular at Juve was the clincher I think... he just never won the job. If you're gonna be on the bench and you're a Spaniard, might as well do it for Real Madrid.

He had a... real up and down season compared to last. Last season he was more potent in front of goal, this season started with a lot of very lackluster performances but in my opinion, he great into a much better all around player this season in contrast to last. He looked more comfortable, even if the goals were not coming.

He can be a frustrating player to watch, he has everything to be a top forward. I'll always be a fan.

As for him leaving, I think he just accepted that his fate was not in Juventus' hands. Juventus has publicly stated that it is not their decision, if Real is to activate the clause, it is their right as the contract originally stipulated. Then if Real turns around and decides to sell him, Juventus could always take the 30M from the clause and pay the difference... but they have basically implied they would not do that either, which is understandable in the circumstances.

Also means Juventus will certainly be in the market for a striker this summer.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 22, 2016 2:45 am

Cavani confirmed that he's staying in PSG next year after the cup game yesterday so that's off the table... not a whole lot of good strikers out there. Aubameyang and that's about it but Dortmund want 100 mil Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sun May 22, 2016 2:49 am

Again, if Juventus want to keep him, they can. They have the money to do so. If they don't want to spend the money, Madrid will take him back.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun May 22, 2016 2:51 am

breva wrote:
farfan wrote:eh , they can't if Madrid wants him back .

Money talks, bullshit walks. You must be a young fellow.

And you must be new to this sport or to how contracts actually work if you think Juve can hold on to a player that Madrid WANTS on a buyback clause .
If Madrid wants to get him back, they will , simple as that .

Money talks ? Mardid has it too , and a buyback clause. hmm

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun May 22, 2016 2:59 am

sportsczy wrote:Cavani confirmed that he's staying in PSG next year after the cup game yesterday so that's off the table... not a whole lot of good strikers out there. Aubameyang and that's about it but Dortmund want 100 mil Laughing

Meh, Cavani was never really an option anyways. Its a transfer atypical of Juventus, and he shatters any sort of wage structure we have going.

Berardi seems most probable. Maybe they'll get creative and do a Ben Arfa type signing, the summer will be interesting.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sun May 22, 2016 3:54 am

Luca wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Cavani confirmed that he's staying in PSG next year after the cup game yesterday so that's off the table... not a whole lot of good strikers out there. Aubameyang and that's about it but Dortmund want 100 mil Laughing

Meh, Cavani was never really an option anyways. Its a transfer atypical of Juventus, and he shatters any sort of wage structure we have going.

Berardi seems most probable. Maybe they'll get creative and do a Ben Arfa type signing, the summer will be interesting.

I'm happy that Cavani confirmed that he's staying. Now he will finally play in his ideal position that Zlatan is gone. It's better to invest on young players who have 6+ years ahead of them rather than Cavani, who will have a maximum of 3 years at the top level. We must get someone like Morata as a replacement. I think that Berardi is coming 99.9%.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun May 22, 2016 4:02 am

salmano9 wrote:
Luca wrote:

I'm happy that Cavani confirmed that he's staying. Now he will finally play in his ideal position that Zlatan is gone. It's better to invest on young players who have 6+ years ahead of them rather than Cavani, who will have a maximum of 3 years at the top level. We must get someone like Morata as a replacement. I think that Berardi is coming 99.9%.

Cavani's age isn't off putting, I mean we have had success with older players like Tevez and Pirlo... his cost in terms of wages and actual investment and what it would mean for the structure of the team is what is really off putting.

In any case, when everyone in the Juve section was hyping the Cavani link, I never really understood it. Why would PSG sell Cavani in the same summer they lose Ibra? Didn't seem right to me

Anyways, I agree about Berardi but I wonder if he can be the same impact player that Morata is, in big games more than anything. I see Berardi as more of a Zaza replacement. We'll see what happens, I like the Berardi idea in any case.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun May 22, 2016 4:29 am

breva wrote:Again, if Juventus want to keep him, they can. They have the money to do so. If they don't want to spend the money, Madrid will take him back.

The buy back clause Madrid have on Morata puts the ball squarely in Real Madrid's court. Once they activate it, nothing Juventus can do about it. If they had negotiated a deal that didn't include the buy back clause then yes, Juventus would just been sitting on the table dictating price but this isn't the case.

It's nice to read that Morata has actually impressed Juve fans here considering his stats say a more mediocre story. Good for him.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun May 22, 2016 7:03 am

is there even an update on the supposed transfer bans from both madrid teams? lol seems like that thing has been swept under the rug or something.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 22, 2016 7:50 am

Yes, both will be able to sign this coming sunmer and be banned for the next two transfer windows
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 22, 2016 8:02 am

We need a big game player like Morata in our team especially with Ronaldo's age. He was never given a chance with us because he played under two coaches that hate youth. Zidane will play him alot more and isnt scared to bench a popular player for a youngster. We are getting him back to compete for the CF spot. Havent been impressed by either Lewa or Auba so rather keep the ones we have
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 22, 2016 9:09 am

Casciavit wrote:For someone who almost always comes up big when Juve needs him to, it seems odd that Mandzukic regularly starts ahead of him.

Because Mandzukic is more physical and can play with his back to goal much better than Morata.

The one annoying thing about Morata is he goes down too easily and is always looking for cheap fouls.He needs to toughen up a bit.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 22, 2016 9:10 am

How good is Batshuayi ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 22, 2016 9:19 am

Mandzukic earns that starting spot every game, he is just a much better fit for the team. Morata was actually first choice over Dybala and Mandzukic but he was terrible for months and lost it. He has a long way to develop.

Marotta said many times that the clubs will meet after the CL final to settle it. All points towards him leaving like everyone knows.

Berardi will likely come, if Zaza stays then we'll be fine.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 22, 2016 9:36 am

I wouldnt say he was terrible.Allegri used him out of position at LW quite a few times.Its not his fault.And then injury followed and subsequently lost his spot to Mandzukic who developed a good understanding with Dybala so it became even harder to drop Mandzu.

And Berardi definitely isnt the answer to replace Morata.He's a different player altogether.We need someone in the mold of Morata who can run at defenders,beat them for pace.We'll be losing Cuadrado too so its essential we have someone in the squad who provides those qualities.We lose a lot of flair and pace with both of them going out.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 22, 2016 9:51 am

Come on man he was terrible. He went some 4 months without scoring. Towards the middle/end he wasn't even contributing to the play, just sulking around overdoing simple things. It got to the point where Zaza was the much better choice. He only bounced back after scoring the double in the Coppa.

Berardi isn't the whole answer to Cuadrado, but he would be a much better fit for the team than Morata.

Morata's best games came when he played with a CF who was keeping people busy and creating space. Tevez, Mandzukic and Zaza allowed Morata more freedom to do his thing. He and Dybala just don't work. Dybala drops back a lot playing as a proper SS and demands a lot of the ball. Allegri always partnered Morata with the big guys for this. Given that Dybala is our best forward that's a problem. While Morata is good at linking up he is still not quite an SS, he misses a lot of qualities for that. He would be perfect, I think, if we played a TQ behind the 2 strikers. So that a CF would create space for him while a TQ has the creative burden, freeing him up. But Dybala has been too good, his SS play is too important.

Its an awkward fit for us if he wants to be a starter.

Berardi can actually be a good Dybala back up, or provide more creativity when he isn't playing well. His versatility gives more options. He can play well as SS in a 3-5-2 or on the wings of 4-3-3, or behind the strikers.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 22, 2016 10:16 am

Good points but i'm not entirely convinced by Berardi.He definitely isnt starter material for Juventus right now and at this point he's a downgrade from Morata.
Would be interesting to see how we (eventually) fit Berardi and Dybala together though.You'd have to play Dybala deeper and Berardi on the right in a 4-3-1-2 if you had to fit them both.Otherwise,he'll be nothing more than a sub to Dybala.

Many people have suggested Berardi on the left(in a 4-3-3/4-3-2-1) so you can play them both but i dont think he'd fare as well in that position.

So i am not entirely convinced Berardi would be a better fit as you're suggesting.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 22, 2016 10:27 am

I don't see him as a starter right away either, but neither is Morata. Allegri has been integrating players slowly and the same would probably work with Berardi.

Next year I see us starting with the same pair upfront. Mandzukic-Dybala. Berardi can be an option to change things tactically like Cuadrado has been + he is a good SS. Sub him for Dybala, or play him on the right ala Cuadrado. 90% of the times Cuadrado came on we still had 2 strikers up front and since Evra was on the left side it became more of a 4-4-2

Somehting like:

---------Mandzukic
----------------Dybala
-----------------------------------Cuadrado
-------Pogba--------------Khedira
---------------Marchisio
Evra
--------Chiellini----Bonucci---Barzagli

Berardi is perfect for that^. Its a good card to have.

I agree that on the left wing he might not work, he had a couple of games there and did fine at Sass but he almost always played on the right.

Would be interesting to see how we (eventually) fit Berardi and Dybala together though

It'd be cool if it worked out. I think eventually it would, both seem like very smart and versatile players. But first we need to sing him, I hope they don't drop the ball on this one.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun May 22, 2016 12:46 pm

When I watch juventus in big games it is always Morata who comes up with clutch performances while the next Zidane Paul Pogba makes little effect in big games. Same story yesterday.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 29 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 29  Next