Would you rather have Morata or Berardi?

4 posters

Go down

Pay extra for Morata or use the money to get Berardi?

Would you rather have Morata or Berardi? Vote_lcap40%Would you rather have Morata or Berardi? Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
Would you rather have Morata or Berardi? Vote_lcap60%Would you rather have Morata or Berardi? Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 5

Would you rather have Morata or Berardi? Empty Would you rather have Morata or Berardi?

Post by salmano9 Mon May 23, 2016 11:19 pm

Hot topic right now. I think that if Morata leaves, we will directly get Berardi;otherwise, our attack won't change much for next season. Thoughts?
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Would you rather have Morata or Berardi? Empty Re: Would you rather have Morata or Berardi?

Post by S Mon May 23, 2016 11:21 pm

Morata ofcourse.Not even a question for me.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Would you rather have Morata or Berardi? Empty Re: Would you rather have Morata or Berardi?

Post by Luca Mon May 23, 2016 11:33 pm

Berardi, just to be the one guy who votes him instead.

Morata all day, big game player. Well liked, professional, talented....

But if it is Berardi who comes, I won't be that disappointed. I think he has the tools to be a very talented player, lots of experience in Italy despite a young age. Berardi has the talent to potentially be a very good player so we'll see what happens.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon May 23, 2016 11:42 pm

Berardi for me. Although I don't see why its a competition between. Its more like Cuadrado vs Berardi and Morata vs Mandzukic.

Berardi is an Italian with outstanding accomplishments at a very young age at a poor club. If he doesn't deserve a chance with us then I don't know who does. He is also half the price of what the press says Morata will cost and 2 years younger.

Think of it without the attachment we have of Morata being here. Who did more, Morata at Madrid or Berardi at Sassuolo?

If the club truly sees this potential in Morata then paying the extra 20mill to keep shouldn't be that big of a deal. Selling Zaza or Mandzukic would do it and one of them would definitely ask to leave if Morata stays so its not even a sacrifice.

Is Morata worth Berardi + 25mill?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 23, 2016 11:50 pm

rincon wrote:Think of it without the attachment we have of Morata being here. Who did more, Morata at Madrid or Berardi at Sassuolo?

Why are we even supposed to see it this way ?

Morata has had two years of clutch performances in big games.Whats not to like ? If CL is our aim next year,his experience comes in handy as opposed to Berardi,who's not only had an indifferent season but hasnt played in Europe ever.
He's not even called up for his NT but thats a different debate.

Not to mention all the tactical dilemmas Berardi would pose if he came here.He isnt going to start and he already has a world class talent in Dybala ahead of him.Where do you even play him ? He'd have nothing more than sub role here.

On the other hand,i believe in Morata's talent and i feel he'll eventually get the nod over Mandzukic.If you're investing in Morata,you're investing in a player who could potentially be a regular starter for Juventus.
With Berardi on the other hand,you're investing on what you can effectively consider a Dybala substitute.This is not a knock on Berardi's talent but wouldnt it be better for his career where he can seek a club to start regularly ? I very much doubt he's going to be a protagonist for Juventus as long as Dybala is here.

And yes,if the board truly want Morata,then they'll do everything to keep him.We'll see anyway.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue May 24, 2016 12:04 am

I'm extremely happy with the current batch of strikers.We dont need any extra reinforcements if Morata stays.

Dybala,Mandzukic,Morata,Zaza

Players like Zaza would accept the bench as long as they're given reasonable amount of game-time.Morata can play off either of these three strikers so this comes in handy as well.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 24, 2016 12:23 am

Zaza isn't staying with the same playing time again. Either we have 2 CFs or he goes. His agent has already started that a while back.

S wrote:
rincon wrote:Think of it without the attachment we have of Morata being here. Who did more, Morata at Madrid or Berardi at Sassuolo?

Why are we even supposed to see it this way ?

Because Morata hadn't done too much at Madrid but improved here. Can Berardi, who has done more, not develop at Juve?

If CL is our aim next year,his experience comes in handy as opposed to Berardi,who's not only had an indifferent season but hasnt played in Europe ever.

His experience definitely comes in handy, thats actually why I want him to stay (unless its too much money). But what if Berardi is as clutch? Morata had a much worse season at Madrid when he joined us than Berardi has had, yet he came and shone in the CL. Berardi is already a big game player in Serie A, most of his better performances come against big clubs. Will he be as good in the CL? who knows, but given his talent I can't rationalize passing up on him.

Not to mention all the tactical dilemmas Berardi would pose if he came here.

Unlike Morata? When did Morata play well with Dybala? We can't have a 50mill+ player that can play with our superstar. Time and time again Allegri plays Morata with Mandzukic or Zaza.

So we make Morata the most expensive player ever signed by Juve but we can start him cause Dybala is that much better.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue May 24, 2016 12:38 am

Very good debate and good points from both S and rincon.

I'm inclined to agree with Rincon regarding Berardi. I think he is a better player than many are giving credit. However, we cannot assume that he will replicate the conditions Morata did, by stating Morata played at a certain level with Madrid, a big club, and then elevated with Juventus and then trying to ascertain Berardi's success based on his own circumstances with Sassuolo.

If it comes down to it, I do not see Juventus paying Real 1M to keep Morata. Are we really going to pay for a player we already own? Are we really going to overpay Real Madrid for the privilege of keeping our own player? No, I don't think so. We do have to displace sentiment here when thinking of this decision.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue May 24, 2016 12:44 am

rincon wrote:Because Morata hadn't done too much at Madrid but improved here. Can Berardi, who has done more, not develop at Juve?

Did you realistically expect to see Morata get ahead of Cristiano,Bale and Benzema ? A club with the heaviest of ambitions  compared to a club like Sassuolo guided by a bright young coach with no pressure of expectations and probably the best mid-table team in Italy that aids the growth of youngsters.
Apples to oranges comparison imo.

His experience definitely comes in handy, thats actually why I want him to stay (unless its too much money). But what if Berardi is as clutch? Morata had a much worse season at Madrid when he joined us than Berardi has had, yet he came and shone in the CL. Berardi is already a big game player in Serie A, most of his better performances come against big clubs. Will he be as good in the CL? who knows, but given his talent I can't rationalize passing up on him.

Yes,we certainly dont know if Berardi is a clutch player and there's a possibility he could do great things at Juve but right now the reality is we have a proven big game player who's performed exceptionally well against the strongest of teams around the world.
As far as Berardi performing against big clubs goes,he's certainly tormented Milan and has had noteworthy performances against Inter and Roma but these are not the cream of the crop teams we are talking about are we ?! He's certainly never impressed me when he played us ,though he hasnt really played against us much.

It just comes down to how you and I rate Berardi and i'm not really convinced he could develop into truly something great not as long as Dybala is the main man.

Unlike Morata? When did Morata play well with Dybala? We can't have a 50mill+ player that can play with our superstar. Time and time again Allegri plays Morata with Mandzukic or Zaza.

So we make Morata the most expensive player ever signed by Juve but we can start him cause Dybala is that much better.

In my opinion the two best games we played last year was one against Sevilla and the other against Chievo particularly Chievo where Sandro,Dybala,Pogba,Morata linked up brlliantly and played some scintillating stuff.Both games Morata started with Dybala.
Also the 70 minutes odd at Allianz,also a game where Morata started.

Its not much about their chemistry but its more to do with Morata being as good as Mandzukic at holdup play and be able to play with his back to goal  just as good.He certainly has the physique but he certainly needs to toughen up.
Allegri mentioned today that Morata needs to stay at Juve in order to grow,maybe he sees him as a big part of his plans.

Berardi economically speaking,would be a good signing but i still think it hinges on what we do with Morata and if we are truly convinced he can be worth it for us.Lets see.

Last edited by S on Tue May 24, 2016 12:53 am; edited 2 times in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue May 24, 2016 12:49 am

Luca wrote:If it comes down to it, I do not see Juventus paying Real 1M to keep Morata. Are we really going to pay for a player we already own? Are we really going to overpay Real Madrid for the privilege of keeping our own player? No, I don't think so. We do have to displace sentiment here when thinking of this decision.

I dont understand this though.Morata signed a contract with Madrid before joining us.
Technically he's owned by us but i see it as more of a glorified loan deal.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 24, 2016 1:11 am

All fair points, we won't know until either scenario happens.

And Morata was brilliant at the Allianz but Dybala didn't play there, he was injured.

Berardi is a player with too much going on to not get a shot at Juve for me. A player with that much vision, dribbling and also being fairly two-footed at 21 putting out this kind of stats at Sassuolo is too much to ignore specially when we have a 25mill option.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue May 24, 2016 1:13 am

Imho,i'd only be satisfied,if we replace Morata with a fairly established player even if its a different position

How about Berardi + Pjanic ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue May 24, 2016 1:27 am

S wrote:
Luca wrote:If it comes down to it, I do not see Juventus paying Real 1M to keep Morata. Are we really going to pay for a player we already own? Are we really going to overpay Real Madrid for the privilege of keeping our own player? No, I don't think so. We do have to displace sentiment here when thinking of this decision.

I dont understand this though.Morata signed a contract with Madrid before joining us.
Technically he's owned by us but i see it as more of a glorified loan deal.

A loan deal would have been better, it would have been a loan with obligation or option to buy and hence a set cost for Morata. The problem now becomes having to pay the difference between the buy back clause of $30M and the new amount offered by another club- if it is Real Madrid's prerogative to just turn around and sell him

Would you want to turn away 30M and then pay another 10, 20, 25, 30M on top of it? Seems ludicrous to me

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 24, 2016 1:30 am

Berardi and Pjanic is dream mercato. Hard to see Pjanic joining if there is serious Bayern interest though.

Berardi 25
Pjanic 38
De Sciglio 10

Morata -30
Asamoah -10

total: 33mill

we can probably swing that
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue May 24, 2016 3:47 pm

Just read Beppe's latest interview.

He says we'll know Morata's future in 10-15 days but also goes on to say that we are monitoring different tracks who are 'worthy of Juve'.

I think we can definitely conclude from this that Berardi's deal is not linked to Morata's future,more like Cuadrado's future and i am fine with Berardi preferred over Cuadrado even if the latter is more versatile tactically.

If we are looking at another striker of a higher profile to replace Morata,then i expect Zaza to leave as well imo.

So far only Mandzukic and Dybala is confirmed for now.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Tue May 24, 2016 10:53 pm

If we look at stats, Morata didn't impress very much except in big matches and when coming as a sub. I don't see Morata taking the place of Mandzu or Dybala. I don't think that it is worth spending another 25m on a bench player who we already own. I'd go for Berardi tbh... Good debate here Rincon and S.

I don't see how it is Berardi VS Cuadrado tbh... If we sell a striker (i.e Morata) his sub would definitely be a striker (i.e Berardi). In the case of Cuadrado, he was mainly used as a RWB this season, so naturally his replacement would be someone who plays in a similar position. We did not use Cuadrado much as a winger this season.

If we get Berardi I highly doubt that we will play 433. It doesn't seem right to play Dybala on the wings. On the right wing he could be good, but he plays as a SS best.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:58 pm

Okay, so after all we may end up losing both for next season. Berardi wants to stay in Sass this season and It is still unclear what will happen with Morata.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down