rwo power
The Franchise
Tomwin Lannister
RealGunner
70 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Who will go through to the Final?

Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 9 Vote_lcap59%Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 9 Vote_rcap 59% 
[ 29 ]
Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 9 Vote_lcap41%Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 9 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 49

Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 9 Empty Re: Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:30 am

Two players refused to take the first penalty before LVG asked Vlaar who actually had the balls to take one.

I am guessing one was Huntelaar. Other might be Wijnaldum/Clasie

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands - Page 9 Empty Re: Semi-Final: Argentina Vs Netherlands

Post by Ganso Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:33 am

Fußball wrote:Man, I'm glad I wasn't born to Brazilian parents. Imagine losing 1-7 at home and then watching your fiercest rival play a final in your backyard.

Thanks mom.

Thanks dad.

Proud
says the guy who was born in a country irrelevant to football and now has to support Spain Germany
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:34 am

Holland sucked all tournament tbh, one of the easiest routes to the semi's in recent memory.

One freak result against Spain and the whole world thought they were elite rofl
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:39 am

Ganso wrote:
Fußball wrote:Man, I'm glad I wasn't born to Brazilian parents. Imagine losing 1-7 at home and then watching your fiercest rival play a final in your backyard.

Thanks mom.

Thanks dad.

Proud
says the guy who was born in a country irrelevant to football and now has to support Spain Germany

Kinda proving his point aren't ya
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:43 am

Spoiler:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:45 am

Donuts wrote:
Ganso wrote:

Thanks mom.

Thanks dad.

Proud

Kinda proving his point aren't ya

What point? Futbol is clearly wumming lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:49 am

Alejandro Sabella paid tribute to his Argentina side following their World Cup semi-final victory over Netherlands.

The game in Sao Paulo finished goalless but Argentina held their nerve to win the shoot-out 4-2 and book a spot in the final against Germany.

Head coach Sabella admitted after the match that it had been tight and difficult, but declared that Argentina could now go on to lift the trophy.

"It's a great joy. It was a very difficult, very close match,” he said

“I'm happy. We're in the final. We'll see what we can do with one day less recovery time (compared to Germany) and after penalties.

"But we'll give everything: humility, hard work, 100 per cent. We'll see if that's enough for us to win."

Goalkeeper Sergio Romero was the hero for Argentina as he saved spot-kicks from Ron Vlaar and Wesley Sneijder, and was happy to savour the moment ton celebrate.

"Enjoy the moment, we will enjoy it and tomorrow we will start working for the final," he said in a televised interview.

"I feel immense happiness, I'm really happy with everything. (Penalties) are a question of luck, that is the reality. I had confidence in myself and, fortunately, everything turned out well.

"Hope has been intact since day one.”

Substitute Sergio Aguero converted a penalty in the shoot-out.

"It means so many things, a lot of people didn't think that Argentina would be in the final, but we know what a good team we have," he said.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9377363/world-cup-argentina-coach-alejandro-sabella-savours-semi-final-success

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:51 am

Wasnt pretty but I was hugely impressed by Argentina. A stark contrast to Brazil, Argentina showed tremendous discipline and organisation.

They defended in their 4411 and remained solid. Van Gaal made some very smart subs, but magnificent performances from the likes of Mascherano, Garay and Rojo got them their well deserved clean sheet.

Perez and Biglia were immense may I also add.

Not a fantastic game, but tactically interesting.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:54 am

The Franchise wrote:Wasnt pretty but I was hugely impressed by Argentina. A stark contrast to Brazil, Argentina showed tremendous discipline and organisation.

They defended in their 4411 and remained solid. Van Gaal made some very smart subs, but magnificent performances from the likes of Mascherano, Garay and Rojo got them their well deserved clean sheet.

Perez and Biglia were immense may I also add.

Not a fantastic game, but tactically interesting.

Agree.
And after yesterdays Brazilian freak show I was even kind of glad to watch a game tactically solid.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:55 am

Btw Mascherano  Molenation 
When he went down like that in the first half I thought he was off (infact I was sure he shouldn't play on) but instead he came back and performed like that.. think he even had a cramp at the end of the 2nd half?
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:56 am

First semi to finish 0-0 in World Cup history.

The game was terrible and added to last night's game I feel cheated out of watching two semi finals lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:57 am

Thought Perez was fantastic as well

Masche to Romero, pre PKs: "Today you become a hero!"

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/701533CE671098791399941664768_24bc1c4192c.0.4.9399146706773821187.mp4?versionId=lUUQCdQbqW795NE.3ytv6Cu.7aHI4jsB

Thankfully Messi allowed mascherano to speak.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:58 am

Mascherano should leave Barca so he can be a proper DM again, performances like that leave a bigger impact on me than it should because i haven't seen that Mascherano in years.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am

The one thing I noticed, which doesnt surprise me, is just how poor Messi's conditioning is.

He was totally finished after 90 minutes, he was running on empty in that extra time...which in itself isnt totally shameful, but when you consider he only really moved with any true effort when he got the ball.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:02 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Mascherano should leave Barca so he can be a proper DM again, performances like that leave a bigger impact on me than it should because i haven't seen that Mascherano in years.

Agree.

I think you will see him as a DM this season coming, but its not the same. He will be asked to do things offensively and defensively quite different.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:03 am

Dani, what do you make of Mascherano in midfield for Barca after his tournament now? He's quite clearly an immense defensive midfielder, particularly without the ball and he provides natural leadership. I feel he could do a job, even if he doesn't exactly have Xavi-esque technique and passing ability. I feel his other qualities might make up for that and they are exactly what Barca is lacking, more than pinpoint passing and perfect technique.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:08 am

Fußball wrote:Dani, what do you make of Mascherano in midfield for Barca after his tournament now? He's quite clearly an immense defensive midfielder, particularly without the ball and he provides natural leadership. I feel he could do a job, even if he doesn't exactly have Xavi-esque technique and passing ability. I feel his other qualities might make up for that and they are exactly what Barca is lacking, more than pinpoint passing and perfect technique.

My opinion hasnt changed. He has performed wonderfully, no question. But no teams are high pressing his ass like they will high press us.

He is okay when he drops to form a back 3, but if he has to start receiving passes with him facing his own goal actually in the midfield...I think it wont be much different to last time he was used there. He wont be able to turn under pressure, or play those accurate one touch passes.

Defensively he might be okay, because he cant press and recover. But he still gives away too many freekicks needlessly (not today) for me to trust him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:22 am

I think the biggest difference with Masche of 4 years ago is how much his passing range has improved. He played some balls this world cup that he would have never been able to during the past world cup. He is also (relatively) much more comfortable with the ball on his feet.

Barca might have made him a CB but they also made him a more complete player.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:24 am

Messi couldn't celebrate making the World Cup final in the locker room because he was called into anti-doping control

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsJF8_XCEAAieNL.png
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:26 am

His passing range has improved, but I never found that to be his main problem. Its just touch, composure and general decision making with the ball when he is in midfield and isnt facing his the opponants goal.

He is a more complete player no question, but the Barca pivot role is a very complex one and not to be compared to this Argentina one.

It depends on the opponant. If we arent getting pressed, he can do the job just fine. But if he gets pressed and has to start making decisions, having instant first touch control and passes...its only going to make him look bad im sure.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:27 am

If Messi is taking anything, its not working. That's for damn sure Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:28 am

Yeah still don't think he could afford to play lone DM for Barca. He can't leave his position to chase after the ball like in Robben's 90th minute shot without a Gago/Biglia to cover for him somewhat. But as a double pivot perhaps it could work. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I still remember the day when Pep subbed him in as a DM and then subbed him out 30 minutes later after a terrible performance Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:38 am

Lone DM I had not in mind for him. More like Busquets, Masche, Iniesta in big games. And with the inevitable Suarez transfer, who is a proper striker, Messi can also play deeper in midfield now. Which should be enough buildup players.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:49 am

Only way to accommodate all that would be playing Neymar out of position on the right again though?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:55 am

Zealous wrote:First semi to finish 0-0 in World Cup history.

The game was terrible and added to last night's game I feel cheated out of watching two semi finals lol
this^
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:01 am

RealGunner wrote:Messi couldn't celebrate making the World Cup final in the locker room because he was called into anti-doping control

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsJF8_XCEAAieNL.png

Not sure if serious
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next