Juveman17
futbol
M99
68 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

RIP Spain - Page 4 Empty Re: RIP Spain

Post by Zlatan Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:47 am

I don't understand why Costa is getting a lot of stick for his performance. This is his first competitive game for Spain, and even though he didn't have a great outing, he still made some great runs, and worked really hard, despite instigating the loudest response from the crowd.

Zlatan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:41 am

After Xabi was subbed out everything went down like a card castle. He remains their most important player defensively.

Pique and Ramos.

seriously. What a calamity of a performance from both..never seen a worse performance from CB's in WC game.

Apziculeta and Alba were simply non factors. Since wing backs always gets the better of full backs in tactical battle.

3rd goal was a clear foul and should have never allowed..but oh well.

Xavi is a non factor. He doesnt create enough and he doesnt defend enough..he is simply there for ball retention. Why not play an actual AM there? or even koke?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:43 am

suck it xavi ha ha ha!
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:08 pm

@iszanto

The midfielders of spain were double marked and alba was marked as well so when they needed an outlet on the other wing where no dutch players bothered to be, there was nobody there because Azpi very rarely ventured out of his own half that meant the midfielders had to pass it back to the cbs wash, rinse and repeat. And when a ball was sent to him he was either out of sync or lost it due to a bad first touch. This isn't a park the bus team spain need fullbacks on the same line as the midfielders and thats were Arbeloa was useful despite his attacking deficiencies.

defending wise, pique and ramos were pretty much the only defenders on counters, the fullbacks weren't even there which is odd for Azpi who neither did this or that
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by archwooohh Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:49 pm

Nah, that was Louis Van Gaal's way of telling VDB "Start De Gea, you ass." Wondering if this is the impact of no one to organize and lead the defense though, as was Puyol before.

Spain got butchered like Starks at a wedding, though. If they beat Chile in the next match I think they can still progress.
archwooohh
archwooohh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:53 pm

Inb4 they still qualify.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:11 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Inb4 they still qualify.

I want them to finish 2nd and have Brazil vs Spain again Proud
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:14 pm

Rare implosion from Spain, but I think they'll be fine overall, providing that VDB responds accordingly. He has to know now that the lads he put out there yesterday are no the same players he put out there 4 years ago. He's a whole new generations waiting on the bench. If he uses them, I think Spain will recover rather well. If he doesn't, I think they'll get found out again by Chile.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:10 pm

Everything that sucks about them, also sucked about Bayern. Tiki-Taka is dead.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:24 pm

Art Morte wrote:
lenear1030 wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Ramos and Pique have the same weaknesses, concentration and defensive reading of the game. Sometimes you get away with it, but sometimes it gets exposed badly, like yesterday.

That backline just isn't going to cut it. The cb partnership of Ramos and Pique is a joke.

This team misses Puyol and his leadership at the back.

On the other hand, that CB partnership started the Euro 2012 final where Spain beat Italy 4 - 0. So maybe we should put this thing also down to a decreased midfield cover in the Spain team. Too often against Holland it was only the back-four against the Dutch forwards with the Spanish midfield by-passed too easily.

But even then, I do think that Ramos - Pique partnership is a disaster waiting to happen and yesterday it happened.

You're right. Did Busquets even play yesterday? I seriously don't remember seeing him at all. He's not usually a player that you 'notice' when watching games but I couldn't find him.

The CB partnership sucks because both guys are prone to lapses in focus. It's not that they're crap players, they just don't fit each other.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:17 pm

Twoism wrote:
Motogp69 wrote:How I felt watching this game :coffee:

Spoiler:

Stoya ? otherwise name please Very Happy

Correct, that is Stoya.

I love that everyone gave me shit when I said Spain would finish second in the group and play Brazil in the next round rofl

Someone please edit this GIF with RVP and Robbens faces and throw tiki taka in there somewhere

RIP Spain - Page 4 Boondock-saints-o
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:02 pm

archwooohh wrote:Nah, that was Louis Van Gaal's way of telling VDB "Start De Gea, you ass." Wondering if this is the impact of no one to organize and lead the defense though, as was Puyol before.

Spain got butchered like Starks at a wedding, though. If they beat Chile in the next match I think they can still progress.

why are man U fans acting as if de gea is in the discussion for a starting role in spain ?

under normal circumstances ( no injuries ) , he's not even third choice.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:15 pm

farfan wrote:
archwooohh wrote:Nah, that was Louis Van Gaal's way of telling VDB "Start De Gea, you ass." Wondering if this is the impact of no one to organize and lead the defense though, as was Puyol before.

why are man U fans acting as if de gea is in the discussion for a starting role in spain ?

under normal circumstances ( no injuries ) , he's not even third choice.

As a matter of fact, even non United fans have commented that yesterday :coffee:

As much I am a Man U fan, I will try to answer this question from a neutral perspective.
I think Its probably based on what everyone has seen last season, and among these 3 gks in that Spanish side its DDG who have had the finest outing last year.
He was a beast for us under the bar in that wretched season.

True on paper he is not even their 3rd choice but on form, then probably confidence and of course on potential at this particular instant, he is their best by a mile. Proud
So its natural this opinion I guess.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:50 pm

You got to love the "tiki taka is dead" nonsense.
Anyway imo Spain had some bad games over the years and apart from the game against Brasil they never really paid for it but because the opponent wasn't able to make them pay. This time they were and so Spain did pay but they also conceded a goal that should not have been given, Casillas played like he was drunk and if Silva scores the 2:0 they probably win the game so it might sound funny after watching them lose 1:5 but imo the game didn't show they can't win the world cup.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by sbaggio Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:41 am

Pedram wrote:
Ganso wrote:RIP Spain - Page 4 BqCaf8BIcAEksdJ

The look on his face ... priceless.  Very Happy 

Del Bosque looks like he's masterbating....
sbaggio
sbaggio
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkentelechy Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:11 pm

Spain to be champions after this thread.
Funkentelechy
Funkentelechy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Hamburg

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:49 pm

1991 wrote:Xavi - Iniesta partnership is finished. And these idiots at Barca sold Cesc to maintain this 'system'  Laughing

Selling Cesc was not idiotic. Buying him was. Not trying to question his being a good player but ever since he came into the team we have become directionless. Instead of trying to build a team we have gone for the approach of accommodating players for far too long. On top of that we lost Thiago who could have been our future. What Cesc's departure means is that the midfield will have to be rebuilt. Of course in ten life times one would struggle to build a Xaviesta again but we have to see what best we can do. I am happy that at the very least people are trying to put in a sense of direction once again. There is a long way to go but after a long while there at least seems to be a beginning.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:09 pm

Time to say a few things that must be said.

1. Amidst all the insults and the ridicule the worst thing can be forgetting what all this team has achieved for years.

2. Almost every great team has a sad end or at least a terrible blip some time. Italy 2010 but that anyway was open suicide. So let's take other examples. Brazil 2006 when the team thought partying was more important than performing. France 2002 is probably an even better example. Germany 1994 also struggled right through until they were put out of their misery. Argentina 1990 may have reached the final but it seems they are considered one of the most undeserving and hated finalists of all time. Italy 1986 was a shadow. Argentina 1982 was under reconstruction. Germany 1978 was way below standard. Even Brazil 1974 was a disappointment. So how long can anyone expect Spain to keep winning? Yes one day they had to lose and give their enemies of many years a chance to laugh at them.

3. Why didn't Del Bosque make changes earlier? I think Guillem Ballague said it best. A coach cannot just drop his key players so fast having won everything with them. As dani said before Spain had not failed yet and in such circumstances it's not easy to change even though one has a hunch change is needed. Confed 2013 final could easily be passed off as a one blip especially after the marathon against Italy. Now though this is true failure especially if we don't make it to the knock out rounds and changes are very much in order.

4. if we had changed things quickly how much better would we have done? A little better perhaps, played with more intensity. Would that be enough to win the world cup? Not a chance in hell. It takes a long time to build a great team and for one country between two great teams there will inevitably be a period of transition.

5. Why wasn't David Villa played? Well he has been playing well but he seems to have forgotten how to score goals. Maybe Del Bosque felt that Torres while the inferior player had more of a chance to get on the score sheet. I don't agree with this decision but don't see it worthy of that much ridicule either.

6. Diego Costa? Unlikely to fit into the system especially so fast. If I have to point about Del Bosque's greatest error it's not trusting Llorente enough. He played so well in WC 2010 against Portugal and has had a good season. That could have given us a reference point striker comfortable with our own system without this hijacking of a Brazilian born player for no good.

7. For changes often it's the core that needs to change. I think Del Bosque should respectfully walk out now and let someone younger take charge of the team. However I still think he deserves to be treated with the greatest respect, not be abused at lunch tables the way Lippi was. His "crime" if we can call it that does not even amount to 10% of Lippi's from WC 2010.

8. Gerard Pique? All this while we have had discussions about how badly Barca need center backs and someone or the other has to be bought to complement Pique but my current thought is quite different. I think we quite simply need another top class defender to build our future on. Pique need not be sold but he needs to be told fair and square that he is no longer trusted as the main man. I have been kinder to him than many other people but am now convinced he will likely never be as good as his initial promise.

9. Iker Casillas? A time comes for the greatest of legends to admit to themselves that their time has past. Both Madrid and Spain now need to zero in on a new man between the sticks for any match worthy of any importance. As for the legend he could really look at MLS and Qatar type options. Villa has already done that. He would do well to follow suit.

10. The one question which even though dani has answered before, I would still like to hear more thoughts on. Why is it that for more than a year we keep hearing Xavi is finished while Pirlo continues to perform at a high level?

All said and done what's most important is the next match against formidable opponent Chile. If we can at least come up with a great performance that restores pride then that will be enough to take from this world cup. Then imagine if we meet Brazil in round 2 and beat them would anyone care about this thrashing by Holland any more? Of course all this is extremely wishful thinking and I know as well as anyone it isn't happening. We are almost sure to return home after the group stages. What I do wish to see though is the resurrection of some pride in the next two matches so that people can at least say true champions know how to react after a hammering.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:52 pm

dronte wrote:Early jinx hmm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Inb4 they still qualify.

Funkentelechy wrote:Spain to be champions after this thread.

In.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:58 pm

banana banana banana banana 

Bananas are dancing on your grave, Spain  cheers 
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:02 pm

RIP Spain - Page 4 TcjET9s
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:07 pm

divers, whiners, anti football possession style and holier than thou attitudes. RIP  banana cheers rofl
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:15 pm

Not ashamed to shout out that I called it Proud
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest