RedOranje
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
MJ
urbaNRoots
VendettaRed07
49 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:00 pm

I'm not saying it can't work... it can be a really good setup.  But you have to understand that Remy is always going to end up in a more central striking position just by nature.  Every time he was forced to stay strictly wide on NT, he flopped.  He's really a striker.

If you have Gibbs and Aurier as the fullbacks, i don't see a problem.  Gibbs is not the greatest at overlaps but he's ok.  Aurier...  that's his bread and butter.

Having two targets in the box is never a bad thing against teams that you expect to outplay... where it becomes an issue is against better opponents.  Then the defensive side gets challenging.  BUT, it's a nice option to have and would give Arsenal more diversity.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:31 pm

Chelsea KO Fabregas deal and move in on Real Madrid ace Luka Modric

Not sure if good or bad news? Laughing 

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/383495/Chelsea-KO-Fabregas-deal-and-move-in-on-Real-Madrid-ace-Luka-Modric
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:03 pm

Good or bad, it's wrong because Cesc has just officially signed for Chelsea.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:10 pm

we are coming for you  Clubber 
http://www.gunnerstown.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Ramsey-Wilshere-Ozil.jpg

our lads best play him and rest of scums off the park

COYG
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:15 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Chelsea KO Fabregas deal and move in on Real Madrid ace Luka Modric

Not sure if good or bad news? Laughing 

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/383495/Chelsea-KO-Fabregas-deal-and-move-in-on-Real-Madrid-ace-Luka-Modric

GoonerJay29 wrote:Good or bad, it's wrong because Cesc has just officially signed for Chelsea.

The Daily Star rofl

Cesc Proud

stay safe my friends
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:28 pm

Ffs :facepalm: I know we did not need him but ffs :facepalm:

Obviously one of the factors he considered before signing for Chelsea was how every Arsenal fan and some Barca fans will hate him for it, but I guess that wasn't a big enough factor.

We seriously need to start strengthening big-time considering the huge transfer window that Chelsea has already had. We have no chance of winning the title unless we start pulling off some equally-impressive deals.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:29 pm

because you have Mesut Ozil, the best n10 in the world
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:37 pm

At least we still have the best midfield in the league :coffee:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:37 pm

Guys, I don't think we're signing Fabregas.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:40 pm

getdarker wrote:Or Wenger is plotting to buy players who wont be playing in the world cup while all the other managers are distracted hell snatch up Reus and ibra on the down low

Laughing He'll spend the next month focusing on his channal+ gig. As predicted, another another dead line day scramble.

#wengerout #2 trend in the world right now on twitter  Laughing 
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:04 pm

True enough, we do need to make the right signings to improve the squad, but, and this will piss people of, there's no need to rush. Kudos to Chelsea for doing their business quickly and efficiently, but ultimately it doesn't matter if the signings are done now or in July so long as they're done by the time the season starts.

Arsenal like to do their business quietly, so who's to say they aren't working on things the same way other clubs are? Just because we don't hear about it doesn't mean it's not happening.

Never understood why people panic and throw fits so early in a transfer window. If it's August then yeah, it's okay to be edgy because the season is about to start and we're not fully prepared, but it's not even halfway through June and we're barely a month out from the end of last season.

Anyway, @JWTelegraph talking about Vela:

On Vela, Arsenal ready to buy him back from Sociedad for £3.25m as per clause but also may well sell him on again for more

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:05 pm

Not bothered in the slightest about Cesc. We have a superior No10 in Ozil and a better CM in Ramsey.

No point being 'angry' at him because he owes us nothing and we owe him nothing. He was never loyal and he was certainly never a Henry calibre.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:06 pm

Would be hilarious to watch the meltdown if we sign Vela and announce him today rofl
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:13 pm

People are already questioning why we're willing to sign Vela again but turned down Cesc. Laughing

Way I see it, we're basically signing a backup target. If we get £15-20mil for him that'll help raise some extra funds to splash on one of our first choice targets i.e. Pedro, Alexis, Griezmann, etc., and if we can't get one of those we'll just keep Vela... if Vela wants to come back, of course.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:13 pm

RealGunner wrote:Not bothered in the slightest about Cesc. We have a superior No10 in Ozil and a better CM in Ramsey.

No point being 'angry' at him because he owes us nothing and we owe him nothing. He was never loyal and he was certainly never a Henry calibre.

For a lack of better words

PS: Absolutely amazing quote about scripture worship on your signature, love it!

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:17 pm

Yea was moved by it when I first read it as well.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:41 pm

How can you compare going for Vela, a forward, for £3.3m with signing someone who's already bailed on us in a position we're overstocked in for £27m?

I could have seen a use in bringing him back but this was the right decision. Not an easy one, but the right one.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Cesc. I think it was a painful but necessary decision to pass on signing him. I could understand very well the lure of getting him back, but I couldn't understand why people insisted that he was obviously a player that needed signing - when DM, attack, and defensive signing were/are much more pressing matters. The transfer budget should, ideally, go towards shoring up the areas of the pitch that need it badly. Let's hope the club do just that.

That all said, I will absolutely hate seeing Fabregas in a Chelsea kit. At least the first few times.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:50 pm

the club better explain this decision..
keep dreaming about the worldclass players we will sign ?
we can bring back Flamini, Vela, etc only because they are cheap..
Nasri, RIP, Gibbs, Song, Cesc, Sagna,.. accept the reality.. we are a cheap small selling club..  Crying or Very sad 
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:52 pm

Gibbs is still at the club, last I checked.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:55 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Gibbs is still at the club, last I checked.

sorry.. i meant to say Clichy..  :facepalm: 
i am so angry and frusrated..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:57 pm

Wilson, what are you even talking about?  scratch 

The decision to pass on Cesc wasn't because he was too expensive. And you may recall last summer "cheap selling club" Arsenal signed a playmaker who is even better than Cesc, for even more money than Cesc costs. I can't remember the guy's name but you could google it, it's true, I promise.

The inapt comparisons & conclusions doomers jump to ...
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:57 pm

Wilson37 wrote:the club better explain this decision..
Nasri, RIP, Gibbs, Song, Cesc, Sagna,.. accept the reality.. we are a cheap small selling club..  Crying or Very sad 

Be angry and frustrated when we don't sign anyone significant at the end of the summer.

We surely have better plans.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:58 pm

This will brighten everyone's day:

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Bp8cbjuIIAADDai

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:59 pm

Wilson37 wrote:the club better explain this decision..

Then go support some other club. "Supporters" like you disgust me.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:00 pm

ffs Sagna <3333333333333333333

Sad

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next