RedOranje
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
MJ
urbaNRoots
VendettaRed07
49 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:55 pm

Someone said it before but I don't think we're allowed to sell him back in the same window that we activate the buyback in?

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:58 pm

Last I read on that (a blog a Sociedad fan who had been covering the story - can't remember the site), was that there was no such restriction.

There're a lot of possibilities with this, and I guess a lot would depend on who Arsenal's targets are. Recent talk from Gazidis about having to use the money wisely suggests that re-signing Vela for so little would be ideal, but at the same time if the club don't quite rate him and prefer the likes of Pedro, Griezmann and Alexis, they may decide to sell Vela for £15-20mil to raise more funds to make those more expensive purchases.

All hinges on what Vela wants to do, though.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:01 pm

Hmmm... I love Vela, but he seems happy at Sociedad and flourished there. Don't think we should force him back here if he's not interested. Not sure if he's a need for us either
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:28 pm

lenear1030 wrote:Hmmm... I love Vela, but he seems happy at Sociedad and flourished there. Don't think we should force him back here if he's not interested. Not sure if he's a need for us either

+1

He never liked it here so would be weird for him to come back.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:46 pm

He said himself he would like to return.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:29 pm

He did go back the next week and mention how much he hated London and loved San Sebastian so idk.

But it's a good move either way. Use him to buy players we actually want or low risk for high reward with an improved player.

http://benchwarming.com/arsenal-to-activate-vela-buy-back-clause/
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:09 am

http://www.cadenaser.com/euskadi/articulo/jokin-aperribay-cosas-estan-cerca-lejos-vela-bravo/csrcsrpor/20140610csrcsreus_19/Tes

Real Sociedad president quotes on Carlos Vela. From what I understand:

1) There's no deadline about talks with Arsenal
2) Talks are still ongoing
3) We have made it clear that we want to take our option
4) There have no been no talks about how much money we want from them
5) Player wants to stay

Looks like we have no real interest in Vela, just trying to make some more money of it.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:22 pm

Arsenal interested in Jackson Martinez according to player's agent.

Will see him play plenty for Colombia in the absence of Falcao.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:36 pm

I would rather Martinez than Remy or Balotelli. There's no guarantee that he'd replicate his form for us, but I'm getting distressed constantly hearing about the latter two; Remy isn't even as good as Giroud and Balotelli is an overrated time-bomb.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:23 pm

"@HighburyClock: Sky Sport Italia pundit, @MarioGiunta5: "Arsenal are very interested in Balotelli and Wenger would do anything to bring him to London.""

Take it with a pinch of salt.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:26 pm

or a lot of salt.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:46 pm

honestly rather continue with current options than trusting Balo or splashing those ridiculous asking prices on Martinez/Morata or getting mediocre players like Remy
all these meh Rumours
would Take Mandzu though

puma get us Reus if you can :coffee:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:59 pm

I like Remy. 14 PL goals, plays well with Giroud, completely different to him and available at a bargain. Granted, he may not be world class but I do feel he could do well with our service.

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:25 am

dont forget to mention how injury prone he is, he will be delighted with your medical facilities. cant remember a season he didnt spend multiple weeks out for injuries
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:51 am

If Remey and Giroud are our strikers next year? Laughing  good luck finishing 4th place. rofl 

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:09 am

Raptorgunner wrote:If Remey and Giroud are our strikers next year? Laughing  good luck finishing 4th place. rofl 

Arsenal managed it this past season without Remy. How exactly would ADDING a striker completely destroy a club's chances of finishing in the same place (or better) to where they previously finished? Bar, you know, adding Balotelli and having him destroy dressing room chemistry or some such.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:54 am

RedOranje wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:If Remey and Giroud are our strikers next year? Laughing  good luck finishing 4th place. rofl 

Arsenal managed it this past season without Remy.  How exactly would ADDING a striker completely destroy a club's chances of finishing in the same place (or better) to where they previously finished?  Bar, you know, adding Balotelli and having him destroy dressing room chemistry or some such.

I like Balotelli but he is not the only striker out there, there is no excuse for Wenger not buying a wc striker. I am ok with Remy coming in as long as he is not the only striker coming in.
i would take Balo over Remy any day but both should be last on our shop list. We have the money and we must do better, finishing top 4 is no longer good enouph.

Remy injury record is not a good sign for Arsenal, you know how we treat our own, he might never play again.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:00 am

Well, seems like Low will make Ozil play false 9 with muller and podolski/schurrle this WC (acc to honigstein). Maybe if that's successful, it will give Wenger some ideas about signing Cesc hmm
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:06 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Well, seems like Low will make Ozil play false 9 with muller and podolski/schurrle this WC (acc to honigstein). Maybe if that's successful, it will give Wenger some ideas about signing Cesc hmm

I think what Wenger should do is try Giroud as a CB, and Cesc as false 9. Wink 

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:04 am

The Remy-Giroud combo has done alright for France but would it be worth changing our system and benching our more talented attacking midfielders? Not at all.

Of course a striker that can play with Giroud would be good as a tactical option, but we need someone who can play by themselves, in our current system, as well or better than Giroud. Remy is not that guy for me, and I don't see why we would sign anyone who isn't at that level - we only need 1 striker.

I refuse to believe that we will sign Remy as our first-choice target; he's the type of guy we would go for on deadline day when we have failed with all other targets, like a Demba Ba, and by that time he will already be at another club given his current situation.

He is not a bad player at all but some people are acting like signing him is a no-brainer (just in general, not here specifically). The grass is not always greener, something some of us transfer-deprived Gooners fail to understand.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:11 am

On another note, I am truly concerned about how we aren't signing anyone before the world cup. I understand how hard it is, Wenger has said so at every opportunity, but with the number of players leaving the club, you would think that we would be trying to get some of the 'easier' deals out of the way now (like a backup goalkeeper for example).

I know we won't be signing as many players as are leaving because Arsene seems to prefer smaller squads, but we will need a few more than we have been getting in recent years to maintain depth. Hopefully we can get Vela soon since he won't even be playing in the world cup.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by getdarker Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:30 am

Or Wenger is plotting to buy players who wont be playing in the world cup while all the other managers are distracted hell snatch up Reus and ibra on the down low
getdarker
getdarker
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:26 am

Eman wrote:The Remy-Giroud combo has done alright for France but would it be worth changing our system and benching our more talented attacking midfielders? Not at all.

Of course a striker that can play with Giroud would be good as a tactical option, but we need someone who can play by themselves, in our current system, as well or better than Giroud. Remy is not that guy for me, and I don't see why we would sign anyone who isn't at that level - we only need 1 striker.

I refuse to believe that we will sign Remy as our first-choice target; he's the type of guy we would go for on deadline day when we have failed with all other targets, like a Demba Ba, and by that time he will already be at another club given his current situation.

He is not a bad player at all but some people are acting like signing him is a no-brainer (just in general, not here specifically). The grass is not always greener, something some of us transfer-deprived Gooners fail to understand.

I don't think it's grass is greener problem, more like we're so desperate, any name tossed around will be accepted.

I watched Serie A last season and clearly saw through Balo inconsistency albeit he's one of Milan best players ( that doesn't mean much). Balo is excellent for short burst competition hence tourney like Euro, WC, Cups are perfect for him, a 38 games season on the other hand, it's guaranteed he would drop his form/ or lose interest at some point.

All the names mentioned will play this WC so their price tag will increase fair bit after the tourney. I have my eyes on Rossi who just got snubbed out of Italy and likely remained relatively reasonable, was in excellent form pre & post injury.

I'm ok with Vela/ Rossi/ Giroud/ Sanogo upfront so we could save some money for that pressing concern DM, RB.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:38 am

Remy-Giroud have rarely ever played for France together.  When Giroud has started, which hasn't been a lot contrary to popular belief, it's been Ribery-Giroud-Valbuena.  When Valbuena was sat down, it was Nasri up until the Ukraine games...

On the positive side of the pairing, Remy is another scorer and a very different profile than Giroud. He offers speed while Giroud relies on strength. He's also pretty efficient with his chances. The negatives... you may call it a 433 or 4231, but you're really playing a 442 with Giroud-Remy. This means that your fullbacks better be good enough on the attack to handle the load they need to in terms of width. Second issue it that Remy is not that technical... he's not going to do well in tight areas or in tiki taka.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:53 am

They played together for a short while against Norway was it?

They looked promising in the way Giroud always makes someone who makes runs off of him work.

And I wasn't suggesting switching to 4-4-2 but given how often we've used it in important situations and Wenger remarking that he's found more use in it this season, we should be capable of making the switch to play more directly to break down stubborn opponents.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:00 pm

I'm not saying it can't work... it can be a really good setup.  But you have to understand that Remy is always going to end up in a more central striking position just by nature.  Every time he was forced to stay strictly wide on NT, he flopped.  He's really a striker.

If you have Gibbs and Aurier as the fullbacks, i don't see a problem.  Gibbs is not the greatest at overlaps but he's ok.  Aurier...  that's his bread and butter.

Having two targets in the box is never a bad thing against teams that you expect to outplay... where it becomes an issue is against better opponents.  Then the defensive side gets challenging.  BUT, it's a nice option to have and would give Arsenal more diversity.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next