RedOranje
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
MJ
urbaNRoots
VendettaRed07
49 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:59 pm

Arsenal have an initial £6mil bid for Cardiff's David Marshall rejected, according to The Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2649956/Arsenal-6m-offer-Cardiff-goalkeeper-David-Marshall-rejected.html

Meh. Isn't worth any more than that, and we shouldn't be spending much on a backup keeper.

John Cross of The Mirror reports that Wenger has contacted Zidane in an attempt to negotiate a deal for Morata; says that Madrid are demanding a buy-back or £25mil in straight cash.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsene-wenger-contacts-zinedine-zidane-3650949

Sounds like crap, tbh. £25mil for Morata Laughing

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:04 am

Just keeping throwing that figure around and we'll land a good back up GK

And if those are Madrid's demands.. Even though they are reasonable, I suppose, that deal doesn't suit us or our situation at all. Pass.. He's too raw to help out now. We need more experienced players

Last edited by VendettaRed07 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:05 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpZtgPEIIAEjNVE.jpg

omg that pic
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:06 am

Marshall is not worth anything more than 5m

There are so many keepers out there who are better and would love to join us to even sit on the bench.

It's a shame Mickaël Landreau is retiring otherwise he would have been great.

About Morata

25m is far too much.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:26 am

Vorm is likely available for £5m.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:31 am

Too error-prone for my liking, Vorm.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:40 am

Why not go for Stekelenburg? He'd be real cheap and would probably accept just to get out of Fullham.

He had a shocking season but is a decent GK.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:48 am

MJGunner wrote:Too error-prone for my liking, Vorm.
More consistent than Ochoa, at least. With a back-up keeper consistency isn't too pressing a concern so long as the manager can motivate them when they need to play.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:55 am

RedOranje wrote:
MJGunner wrote:Too error-prone for my liking, Vorm.
More consistent than Ochoa, at least. With a back-up keeper consistency isn't too pressing a concern so long as the manager can motivate them when they need to play.

A fair point but he just seems like he's so prone to losing composure while going for routine saves.

Still don't understand why we haven't been linked with Pantilimon. Decent and free. And younger than Marshall and Vorm. Not that that matters too much, only 2 years.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:52 am

Maybe nothing reputable but various places are reporting/circulating that Nemanja Pejcinovic, recently out of contract at Nice since he wants European football, could be an Arsenal target.

Free back-up CB. 26 years old. Ligue 1 experience. I don't know too much about him. His WhoScored avg rating is high, but you shouldn't place too much faith in that. Profile kinda seems like a Wenger-esque signing though.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:44 am

All these years of following ligue 1 football and I've never heard of him scratch

Well as a 4th choice, he can't be worse than Squillaci.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:36 am

RealGunner wrote:All these years of following ligue 1 football and I've never heard of him scratch

Well as a 4th choice, he can't be worse than Squillaci.

Oh I'd be very careful about saying that about any defender Razz

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:04 am

Wayne 'exclusive' Veysey claims City and Chelsea have made €35 million bids for Cesc and that Wenger was interested in bringing him back but, get this, he didn't want to pay over €30million.

Yeah. That's the reason.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:22 am

Wayne Veysey's "exlcusive" or David Ornstein of the BBC... who to trust. hmm

In all seriousness, I don't doubt that there are financial reasons for passing Cesc up, but no way was it purely a financial decision.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:52 pm

Chumlum wrote:Maybe nothing reputable but various places are reporting/circulating that Nemanja Pejcinovic, recently out of contract at Nice since he wants European football, could be an Arsenal target.

Free back-up CB. 26 years old. Ligue 1 experience. I don't know too much about him. His WhoScored avg rating is high, but you shouldn't place too much faith in that. Profile kinda seems like a Wenger-esque signing though.
This has to be BS. He plays for Nice and i've watched him play... he's average. He got benched Laughing.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:01 pm

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 6 BpcZsvxIIAAvpco
 rofl 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:04 pm

So much loyalty in this picture. rofl 
Spoiler:

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 6 BpbgwemIIAAzUwL
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:48 pm

Dear Deidre I have been dumped by Patrick, Thierry and Francesc, what should I do?

Read it, funny and insightful amid all this Cesc BS.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:50 pm

Also, the Mirror and Metro link us with a £17million move for Lorenzo Insigne. His agent calls it "an honor" to be linked with us. Goes on to say that Napoli view the Italian as a centerpiece for their project and it might be difficult to pry him away.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/arsenal-transfer-news-lorenzo-insigne-agent-says-talk-of-17m-move-from-napoli-is-an-honour-9501323.html

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:56 pm

meh

Not better than Oxlade or Podolski. Although very high potential.

Rather we go for better players
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:03 pm

Greizmann's release clause is only 8m more. Right?

Just sign him
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:08 pm

Griezmann's clause is 31,6 mil pounds (39 million euros).
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:08 pm

Can Griezmann play RW aswell as LW? I don't want him to take minutes away from Oxlade-Chamberlain but if he can play RW then he would definitely interest me.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:37 pm

ahh I thought it was 30m euros.

Still worth it.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:39 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Can Griezmann play RW aswell as LW? I don't want him to take minutes away from Oxlade-Chamberlain but if he can play RW then he would definitely interest me.

Ox can play RW, LW, and wenger likes to play him centrally too. So I don't think Greizmann would take time away from him
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:40 pm

I am pretty sure it's 30m Euros. Where did you get 39m from Sports?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next