M99
BarrileteCosmico
guest_07
BarcaLearning
54 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Who will win the WC?

Who will win the WC? - Page 9 Vote_lcap3%Who will win the WC? - Page 9 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 9 Vote_lcap28%Who will win the WC? - Page 9 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 9 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 9 Vote_lcap3%Who will win the WC? - Page 9 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 9 Vote_lcap9%Who will win the WC? - Page 9 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 9 Vote_lcap0%Who will win the WC? - Page 9 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 9 Vote_lcap6%Who will win the WC? - Page 9 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 9 Vote_lcap0%Who will win the WC? - Page 9 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 9 Vote_lcap28%Who will win the WC? - Page 9 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 9 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 9 Vote_lcap9%Who will win the WC? - Page 9 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 32

Who will win the WC? - Page 9 Empty Re: Who will win the WC?

Post by neuro11 Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:07 am

Now hope luck comes to us with Germany out  :coffee:

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:15 am

LOL, that would indeed be the "SuperGAU" as we would call it - a "beyond design basis event" (aka ultimate worst case scenario).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:22 am

SuperGAU  Laughing  liked it ....
We need a SuperGAU along with Messi.
Messi for Brazil
SuperGAU for Germany bounce 

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:17 pm

HAha this is interesting, with the support now France so many and Brazil dropped. Italy had so much support too loool....

A WC full of surprises, amazing.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by ProXima Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:11 pm

I saying since first day of World Cup that Germany will not even in semi-finals (or out after group stage), but in current situation they have the best chance for win this tournament (if Germans will advance from 1st place). IMO they're only team from Europe which can destroy South America.

ProXima
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Villarreal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:19 pm

As promised - fresh poll after the end of the group stage.

These were the results up to 19 June 2014:
Spoiler:

These were the results up to 26 June 2014:
Spoiler:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:22 pm

I won't change my predictions as long as my team is in the tournament fingers crossed. This is Lionel Messi's date with destiny and the champion has got to be ARGENTINA.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:22 pm

Colombia/Netherlands final with Netherlands winning!
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:40 pm

Fußball wrote:
neuro11 wrote:
Fußball wrote:lol @ the results so far.

Brazil will flop hard. Quote me on that.

happy quoting...but
need to know the meaning of  "Brazil flopping hard" according to you...

Out in R16, maximum quarter-finals.

rofl

But why are Spain so underrated?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckAndWin Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:54 pm

Germany and Netherlands for the finals

Germany are composed of individuals with equally distributed strengths, you can see how the team-work progress when they are together. They have a number of world-class talent and so far. The weakness that will define them will probably if they can provide heavy scoring.

Netherlands are also composed of World Class talents, they have with him coach Louis van Gaal the master tactician. Van Gaal have made sure that his squad can both do plan A and B which is good they used plan B during the battle with Australia and Mexico which is good just in case they can't deny their opponent.
LuckAndWin
LuckAndWin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:31 pm

Is anyone else a little disappointed by the sides left in the competition?

For a competition that had exemplified such style and attacking verve, it's last four have gotten there on the back of somewhat subdued, even defensive performances.

After thumping an ill-prepared Portugal in the first game, Germany have gone on to a draw against Ghana and four consecutive one-goal victories against the US, Algeria and France. After that first performance, they've looked a little short of attacking ideas, and they seemed to be quite content with a single goal against France in the quarterfinal.

Brazil dispatched a fairly poor Cameroon side and received some fortunate calls against Croatia, which saw them claim two victories in the group stage. However, they have failed to break down Mexico, Chile, and they only narrowly beat Columbia. Without Neymar for the rest of the tournament, they suddenly look somewhat toothless.

Like Germany, the Dutch had a great start to the tournament against Spain, but subsequently failed to live up to their promise. Nearly being caught by Australia, being pushed to the brink by Mexico, and being taken all the way to penalties by Costa Rica show that this Dutch side is far from infallible and can have trouble unlocking defenses, despite their reputation to the contrary.

Argentina... For a team that has such offensive potential, they've seldom looked capable of ripping teams apart and playing truly attacking and attractive football. They have already needed several late Messi strikes to bail them out of uncomfortable situations, and we're not talking about end-to-end affairs that have needed on last moment of brilliance. Often, Messi's moment has been the only moment in these matches.

I don't mean to slight any of the last four, but I'm a bit disappointed that they've gotten to this point playing in the way they have: either stumbling and sputtering, without ever truly getting into top gear or by being reserved and considered in a tournament that has exemplified attacking football.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:04 pm

donttreadonred wrote:After that first performance, they've looked a little short of attacking ideas, and they seemed to be quite content with a single goal against France in the quarterfinal.
Actually we weren't content with one goal. Didn't you see how many sitters Schürrle, Özil and Müller missed? It wasn't a lack of attacking ideas, it was just a lack of targeting skills.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Insoucious Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:23 pm

donttreadonred wrote:Is anyone else a little disappointed by the sides left in the competition?

For a competition that had exemplified such style and attacking verve, it's last four have gotten there on the back of somewhat subdued, even defensive performances.

After thumping an ill-prepared Portugal in the first game, Germany have gone on to a draw against Ghana and four consecutive one-goal victories against the US, Algeria and France. After that first performance, they've looked a little short of attacking ideas, and they seemed to be quite content with a single goal against France in the quarterfinal.

Brazil dispatched a fairly poor Cameroon side and received some fortunate calls against Croatia, which saw them claim two victories in the group stage. However, they have failed to break down Mexico, Chile, and they only narrowly beat Columbia. Without Neymar for the rest of the tournament, they suddenly look somewhat toothless.

Like Germany, the Dutch had a great start to the tournament against Spain, but subsequently failed to live up to their promise. Nearly being caught by Australia, being pushed to the brink by Mexico, and being taken all the way to penalties by Costa Rica show that this Dutch side is far from infallible and can have trouble unlocking defenses, despite their reputation to the contrary.

Argentina... For a team that has such offensive potential, they've seldom looked capable of ripping teams apart and playing truly attacking and attractive football. They have already needed several late Messi strikes to bail them out of uncomfortable situations, and we're not talking about end-to-end affairs that have needed on last moment of brilliance. Often, Messi's moment has been the only moment in these matches.

I don't mean to slight any of the last four, but I'm a bit disappointed that they've gotten to this point playing in the way they have: either stumbling and sputtering, without ever truly getting into top gear or by being reserved and considered in a tournament that has exemplified attacking football.

Agreed 100% with everything you said.
This World Cup has been fantastic in group stages with surprises, goals, goalkeeper saves etc...now "favourites" don't really live up to expectations (we expected more from Netherlands that smashed Spain 5-1, more from Germany that has humbled Portugal 4-0, Argentina with all their great players with amazing skills (Messi, Di Maria etc...) won their games by a small margin, same goes for Brazil.

It's still a great WC.
Insoucious
Insoucious
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:51 pm

I wanted to clearly predict it by now but i can't....

All 4 teams have clear strengths and weaknesses, all 4 teams have limped to the semi finals and quite frankly i can honestly say i wouldn't be surprised if any of the 4 win it.

I really can't set them apart, none of them has separated itself from the pack and look truly impressive. it will probably come down to individual plays in key moments.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:23 am

I guess this is not the first time that not one team have dominated the WC or played amazing to stand out from the rest thought right? It seems that all tjhe smaller teams now have developed the know how to compete to least to not get outplayed and ripped apart like some occasions in past WCs, or most teams anyway. A lot of the smaller teams have had coaches and players with experience in the top leageus in Europe etc., so its more even, and harder to the big teams to dominate. I think this is a major reason that results in any one team appearing to be great where in the past the defenses were weaker as a whole.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:00 pm

Robespierre wrote:
Anyway , I voted Germany.
I've bet even money on them (but I did it before Reus got injured)

9 June

that money so close now ffs :bow:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:02 pm

Argentina still for me.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:20 pm

RealGunner wrote:Argentina still for me.

What the Germans won't make it to the game?

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:24 pm

Germans are obviously the favourites now, but it should be said that its highly unlikely they play that well again and now the world has seen that its likely Holland/Argentina will be extra cautious.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:26 pm

After todays game I'm confident our great iron tulip will do it. Hup Louis  Molenation 
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 am

Argentina. Watch this space.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:59 am

I think Germany-Dutch final will be a lot more closer, than Germany-Argie.

Germant are just so damn good at exposing these South American holes in their naive tactics. They did it 4 years ago to Arg, and today to Brazil. With Di Maria out as well, I fear for Argentina's midfield vs. Germany.

plus, Arg vs. Brazil 3rd match place will be decent. so come on Holland !

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:05 am

I did vote for germany when WC started... (call me insane) and I did think Holland - Germany for the Final...
yet, my greatest hero of all times (Nate Silver) predicts Germany Argentinia with a win of Germany...

Zizou
Zizou
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:06 am

Voted for Germany  Molenation 
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:10 am

Messi save us ffs
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:10 am

Zizou wrote:I did vote for germany when WC started... (call me insane) and I did think Holland - Germany for the Final...
yet, my greatest hero of all times (Nate Silver) predicts Germany Argentinia with a win of Germany...

He also said Brazil had a 65% chance of winning against Germany. Doubt any of his 10,000 simulations had quite this result in mind...

In fairness he gives ARG-NED basically 50/50 odds, which sounds fine to me.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum