M99
BarrileteCosmico
guest_07
BarcaLearning
54 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Who will win the WC?

Who will win the WC? - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%Who will win the WC? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 3 Vote_lcap28%Who will win the WC? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 9 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%Who will win the WC? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%Who will win the WC? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Who will win the WC? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%Who will win the WC? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Who will win the WC? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 3 Vote_lcap28%Who will win the WC? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 9 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Who will win the WC? - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%Who will win the WC? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 32

Who will win the WC? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will win the WC?

Post by sanchez04 Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:28 pm

Brazil is of course number one. But where they have better chance to reach the final? I think in Brazil they have more chance. Mainly because European teams are not used to that conditions and history shows it. so they have less chances. It automatically raises Argentina's chances

Do Brazil fans hate Argentina even when they dont meet? How their players are close friends then. Madrid and Barca players are not friends. This is rivalry. But i see its not the same with brazil and argentina.

Example in Barca there are two groups. One group is Messi Alves Neymar Mascerano Adriano

Another group is Xavi Iniesta busquets fabregas and etc. If you watch training you can see brazil and argentina players are always together. Considering this i feel like these two country respect and love each other when they are among european teams

sanchez04
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:37 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:
1. Messi's date with destiny.

2. Easier draw

3. Environment

4. Players in form

5. Coach

6. Brazil, 1950, Uruguay and the Maracana

Those are the six reasons I thought of now but there could be even more. Smile

Let me end with one promise. If we don't win it this time and especially if we don't even reach the semi finals then next world cup I will certainly not put Argentina among the favourites no matter how good the team may look then. I'd even go so far as to say that it will be a hammer blow to the psyche of a nation that will affect future generations for many years.

1. That's hardly a footballing argument. Just because if Argentina achieves the WC it would make Messi one of the greatest ever it doesn't mean he will shine. I'm sure he was just as pressured to do it last time around, yet in spite of a good tournament he didn't score a single goal. This seems to me to fit more in the sentimental category than a sound reason for Argentina to take it.

2. I agree we have an easy projected draw until semis. Would make it all the more embarrassing if we don't make it there, as we have since 1990. In either case we will still have to face really good teams in semis and the final.

3. I don't think many users in this forum understand just how different Argentina's weather is to Brazil's. Most Argentine players are from somewhere with temperate weather (Buenos Aires, Cordoba and Rosario). For example right now (6pm) in Buenos Aires it is 14C, whereas in most of Brazil it between 25-30. South America is a very large continent. The hottest parts of Argentina (the north) are the same temperature as Brazil's coldest (south).

4. I agree to an extent. There is a mix. Di Maria and Zabaleta are in great form. But Messi is declined and Aguero, Garay and Gago are all battling persistent injury problems (Aguero and Gago have barely played half the matches this past season).  Not to mention Romero has been extremely shaky this season. Wouldn't say most of our players and in great form.

5. Agreed, Sabella is a smart coach if not good at selecting players. It has certainly been a long time since we've had someone as tactically astute as him.

6. I think this also fits more under the sentimental reasons than the football argument ones.

Well I said reasons. Not all have to be logical. Smile

1. Fair comments. Just one point. Maybe Messi was pressured in WC 2010 as well but he was not given the right support structure. He didn't have a proper coach and the players were not used to playing like that. those like Di Maria were just starting out. This time there cannot be any excuses since everything has been tailor made for him to give his best.

2. So we do agree here. Not sure if you will accept but I think semi final is the mental block for us. If we reach there we should be able to face anyone.

3. Seriously had no idea. You would obviously know much better.

4. Messi has declined? How much? He has lost some of his speed and he does not dribble as much as before. Still he has been playing well for the national team. See you know as well as anyone that his final pass is outstanding. If Di Maria can do the needful to connect the midfield with the attack and quality strikers like Aguero and Higuain deliver then Messi can deliver the ball to them just where they need it. Asking him to score more for himself would be stupid. Certain things are becoming clearer now and seem less rosy. I don't like it that our best CB is injured. See I would call some key players and some functional players. If among those you mentioned Garay and Aguero can recover well then it's not so bad.

5. Agree on the tactically astute part. As for selecting players who would you have picked? Caballero and Banega? Hopefully not Tevez. Anyone else?

6. Fair enough

I can understand and accept your pessimism. We have been victims of optimism quite often. Part of my optimism came from the fact that no team looks particularly stronger than us but I will cut down on that. A world cup means it's best to proceed cautiously. No point being bullish.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:40 pm

Ganso wrote:I think every top team that hosted the WC twice lost once and won the other, so #6 is kind of invalid

If you don't like that one then how about this one.

No team has won the world cup after winning the Confed cup the previous year. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:42 pm

sanchez04 wrote:Brazil is of course number one. But where they have better chance to reach the final? I think in Brazil they have more chance. Mainly because European teams are not used to that conditions and history shows it. so they have less chances. It automatically raises Argentina's chances

Do Brazil fans hate Argentina even when they dont meet? How their players are close friends then. Madrid and Barca players are not friends. This is rivalry. But i see its not the same with brazil and argentina.

Example in Barca there are two groups. One group is Messi Alves Neymar Mascerano Adriano

Another group is Xavi Iniesta busquets fabregas and etc. If you watch training you can see brazil and argentina players are always together. Considering this i feel like these two country respect and love each other when they are among european teams

dude, argentina-brazil is the biggest rivalry in international football, what the hell are you on about.just because Brazilians and Argentinians get along in normal life doesn't mean that it's the same on the football pitch.They are going to face a very aggressive atmosphere.as i said before,Spain and Germany will probably face the same thing.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:47 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
Ganso wrote:I think every top team that hosted the WC twice lost once and won the other, so #6 is kind of invalid

No team has won the world cup after winning the Confed cup the previous year. Smile

well, we are going to get over that curse in a month :coffee:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:52 pm

Ganso wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:

well, we are going to get over that curse in a month :coffee:

We shall see !!!

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sanchez04 Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:09 am

Ganso i think it will be normal athmosphere until they meet each other. Its first time we see WC in brazil live. Its hard to predict. But considering amount of Argentina fans in brazil, time and weather conditions i can say Argentina have advantage over European teams. Stadiums will not be filled with 60.000 crazy brazil fans. Its a World Cup. many neutrals,many people like me who supports the continent, many argentina fans and many people who have no idea about football will be there. Its like a holiday festival. not a home away game when 90% stadium filled by home fans to support their team

sanchez04
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:40 am

Argentina having advantage in Brazil.  Laughing 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:54 am

messixaviesta wrote:

1. Fair comments. It's so unfair that people keep bringing up that Messi didn't score at WC 2010. Before the quarterfinal he was still one of the two or three best players at the tournament who pretty much carried his team and even at the end he remained one of the ten best players in the tournament.

completely agree.. but media or even general football fans ignore this and bring the issue of his goal stat. may be this is because they know him scoring week in week out ..but we know he had to play in a stupid system and often played so deep.i hope this stat thing does not bother him....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:08 am

I have a funny feeling that Colombia will make it to the semis hmm

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:10 am

Argentina will reach the QF imo but after that it's gonna be pretty hard for them. In the last stages of the tournament it's not about outscoring your opponent.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:00 am

lol @ the results so far.

Brazil will flop hard. Quote me on that.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:29 am

Fußball wrote:lol @ the results so far.

happy quoting...but
need to know the meaning of  "Brazil flopping hard" according to you...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:36 am

neuro11 wrote:
Fußball wrote:lol @ the results so far.

happy quoting...but
need to know the meaning of  "Brazil flopping hard" according to you...

Out in R16, maximum quarter-finals.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:44 am

Argentina will win the WC.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:06 pm

bosnia will do the greece euro 2004 in this wc

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:11 pm

I guess Brazil and Argentina would favourites but I'll also add France, England, Portugal and Belgium as dark horses.

I'm interested to see how Bosnia do as well.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:17 pm

Puzzled at Italy getting 6 votes? They were out in the group stage last WC, under Lippi. I dont feel they have improved much since then, Balotelli I just cant help but feel will in these big stages.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:43 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Puzzled at Italy getting 6 votes? They were out in the group stage last WC, under Lippi. I dont feel they have improved much since then, Balotelli I just cant help but feel will in these big stages.

Made the finals of Euro 12, that is not improvement? Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:46 pm

If stat is important you should consider the latest tournament (Euro 2012) where they played final....Also you can consider they did not loose any game in the qualifyi ng round

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:51 pm

Italy's group was extremely easy though lol

Anyway Italy are a good team, I don't think anyone can say they are not.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:56 pm

England will be the big surprise of this WC
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:13 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Puzzled at Italy getting 6 votes? They were out in the group stage last WC, under Lippi. I dont feel they have improved much since then, Balotelli I just cant help but feel will in these big stages.
There are usually two teams you can never count out, no matter which players they take along: Germany and Italy.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:52 pm

i will take a huge dump on fussball's head if we win the WC
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:02 pm

I can't wait for the bumps after the World Cup is over Proud
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:04 pm

Ganso wrote:i will take a huge dump on fussball's head if we win the WC

Come at me in the betting thread, brah. Proud

Is there a World Cup edition betting thread? hmm Get on it, M99.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum