Curtinho
BusterLfc
iftikhar
26 posters

Page 40 of 43 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Go down

Summer of 2014 - Page 40 Empty Re: Summer of 2014

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:35 am

Agreed to Art on that as long as we get the deserved value for the talent.

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:35 am

Might as well sell the rest of the team for their "deserved" value too and become a selling club. Too many "bigger" teams out there to compete. I mean, we have no contest right?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:39 am

RA I know you might be upset about Suarez leaving but get your feet on the ground brah

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:45 am

What?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:55 am

Im just glad we didnt sell to an English club.

Im sad Suarez is leaving, I was sad when Torres left. This is nothing. My life will have less meaning only the day Gerrard retires.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:29 am

There just isn't any point making any arguments with you RA. You just will start making up stuff! :facepalm:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:41 am

I'm with RA on this one sorry boys, I'm slightly disappointed with this attitude on how you guys perceive our club.

Lets look at it, last year we over achieved by a mile.

City is City

Chelsea just got cesc and costa and already have an immense defense.

If arsenal land Sanchez, well it ain't gonna be pretty for us.

United only have 1 real comp with a manager who can actually manage, they have a solid 11 that can play once a week and get the top 4.

If we lose Suarez, were the 5th best team, wait for it, bar any massive improvement in our current players, or we sign 2 or 3 WC players. We also now have the added pressure of more competitions and the pressure of backing up what we did last year, which would be a big ask.

My views based on what i currently see panning out, all can change come end of the transfer window, but that's my current views.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:18 am

mr-r, but that is also pathetic to have an attitude 'ok suarez is leaving so we are going to get relegated now'
Everything has its own life-span and things come to an end now or later. So just move on. Also, not giving any sort of benefit of doubt for BR and the current squad is also not sensible.

It is no brainer really that most of the South American players want to end up in Spain, they have their own life and they will look forward to move to a country where their life is easy and language plays a big role in that. Suarez has so many other reasons also to move there, for eg. his wife's family. So just chill and everyone knew that Suarez is going to leave today or tomo

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:27 am

I don't think we would get relegated, i just dont think we are in the tittle and i dont think we are fav's for top 4, like i said at this point of time.

Suarez had 30 something goals and double digits on the assists, that's a big ask for 1 player, i just dont think we can match last season if we don't get at last 2 wc players, and i don't see two WC willing to come to us and available.

If anything this is Rodgers big season, if he can prove to cut it again, then he is the real deal.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:34 am

Of course we're going to be weaker without Suarez, but that's beside the point. And the point is that the best players end up at the biggest clubs and we're not a top-5 club in the world in terms of how much we appeal to players. ManU couldn't keep Ronaldo, Tottenham couldn't keep Bale and we won't be able to keep Suarez, that's just how it goes. Personally I can't become too sad about inevitable things like that, we just cope with it the best we can. After all, we have it easy, still, most clubs lose players far easier than us, for instance, look at Southampton this summer.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:50 am

mr-r34 wrote:I don't think we would get relegated, i just dont think we are in the tittle and i dont think we are fav's for top 4, like i said at this point of time.

Suarez had 30 something goals and double digits on the assists, that's a big ask for 1 player, i just dont think we can match last season if we don't get at last 2 wc players, and i don't see two WC willing to come to us and available.

If anything this is Rodgers big season, if he can prove to cut it again, then he is the real deal.

Tbh with you guys, even with Suarez I was not sure if we are going to finish in top 4, specially considering that he is never an asset who can be relied upon, who knows he will do something else other that biting to get himself banned. No one can tell me that Suarez was going to play all the remaining matches of the season, after november. A player who can do it three times, certainly no one can say that he he wont do it again.

Keeping suarez was a risk, not in footballing terms but his antics. Of course, keeping Suarez and getting him to play all the matches was also possible but you never know what he would do. But it is not always easy and you have to take risks. So selling Suarez and getting the right amount for it and building the team once again is a risk for which I am fully supporting the club and BR.

Getting two WC players is also another ideal scenario =/= same as keeping Suarez at the club. But getting someone for 50m and when he flops will also hurt the club in long term. So if club thinks spending 25m on Lallana gives assurance the club that he will help us to keep us where we are in EPL, because of his experience in EPL rather than spending on a player who has no experience of playing in EPL. It is a logic you cant deny. Btw, I still rate Shaqiri higher than Lallana, although Shaq has done jack shit in his career because I think Shaq has higher ceiling at the age of 23.

Not saying everything what club is doing is right, but rejecting the other ideas completely even before they are yet to materialise is naive.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:13 am

I think if we add the right players in the right places we will not necessarily be weaker without Suarez. Just saying. Coutinho, Sterling, Henderson, Sturridge, Flanagan, Sakho and Mignolet are all young and could still improve (some by a lot). We've already added Lallana, Can and Lambert who will all help with depth as well as give some of our top players a needed rest along the way.

If we add a good young fullback, and an 'elite' talent on attack I don't think that we're doing much worse. I was always highly unlikely that Suarez would replicate the season he just had (he was slowing down at the end of the year anyway) and if we could cut out some individual mistakes on the back-end we'd be better for it.

I think that some of you are being too pessimistic -- this team is strong and best of all young. With or without Suarez we're challenging not only in the PL but in the CL as well.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:36 am

We don't need to replace all of Suarez' 31 league goals to stay in the top 4/challenge for league.

10 of Suarez' goals (33%) came against Norwich and Cardiff. In 4 games. YES. In routes, we'd still gotten the same points winning 1-0, to 5-1. That's the crux of it.

We won't be scoring 100 goals in the league again next season, but as long as we manage to find a more balanced way between attack and defense we could replicate or better last season.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:04 am

Also really, really enjoying the links to Huntelaar here. I absolutely love that guy. He apparently addressed the interest himself in a quote so there must be something substantial there (even if it was only an inquiry about him). He would be a great fit here as a poacher and one of the best guys inside the box in the world -- having Sturridge, Coutinho, Lallana and Sterling to carry the ball and create space for him would be deadly.

Bring the Hunter to Liverpool!

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/03/emre-can-completes-liverpool-transfer-but-klaas-jan-huntelaar-drops-hint-he-may-follow-4785791/
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:43 am

Is it worth buying Huntelaar considering his age?

Also will he leave Schalke to be back up for Sturridge?Or can he play alongside DS as wide forward?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:48 am

What I don't get is why every forgets the point that we still jave this guy as Manager!! It's his style that #Made_Us_Dream

Summer of 2014 - Page 40 14011210
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:55 am

BeautifulGame wrote:Is it worth buying Huntelaar considering his age?

Also will he leave Schalke to be back up for Sturridge?Or can he play alongside DS as wide forward?

A healthy Huntelaar is still one of the most dangerous players in the world in the box. I think it would be worth starting Sturridge a bit out wide or playing a two striker system still with those two. Huntelaar in a bit more of an advanced position with Sturridge a bit deeper to receive the ball more. Honestly it's hard to think of many players in the world with Huntelaar composure and technique in the box he just knows how to score goals.

His 11/12 season is one of the most underrated that I can remember of any player. He also has a better goalscoring record at almost every level even than Suarez. Surprised
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:59 am

Just no.

I think this belongs more in the ideal thread rather than in here. I won't believe that article for a second. And plus he's not good enough.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:04 am

Liverpool want to sign Lovren and it is understood that at least two approaches from the Reds have been knocked back this summer.

The defender, who has also been linked with Tottenham, is unhappy at the stance of the Saints board, and believes an agreement was in place with him that if another club offered a certain amount, believed to be around £20m, he would be allowed to leave.

Liverpool are said to have matched that figure, only for Saints to stand firm and knock back the offer

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/11315980.Lovren_to_force_exit_from_Saints_with_pre_season_no_show/?ref=twt

Really hope this is just conjecture 20mil for Lovren would be absurd
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:13 am

20m? Jesus christ. they can go *bleep* themselves. WHY THE HELL ARE WE IN FOR THIS GUY?

He's not even better than what we have.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:14 am

Lovren is better than Skrtel but 20m? Damn, why is it always so expensive to buy from other EPL teams? I would take Caulker at a cheaper price IMO.

Don't call me James wrote:Just no.

I think this belongs more in the ideal thread rather than in here. I won't believe that article for a second. And plus he's not good enough.

rofl

Also, considering Huntelaar himself addressed it and there are links it's hardly an 'ideal' thread issue.

Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:16 am

Dude quit sucking Dutch players nuts. Hunter is a Madrid and Milan reject. He would never fit the style we play.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:21 am

Don't call me James wrote:Dude quit sucking Dutch players nuts. Hunter is a Madrid and Milan reject. He would never fit the style we play.

I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about. Hunter scored 8 goals in 13 starts for Madrid and 7 goals in 11 starts for Milan. He was barely given an opportunity to play. He's been a prolific goal scorer at every level, and most notably has 21 goals in 32 competitive matches for the national team which played a very open and attacking style for a long time -- exactly the kind of way we play. His most prolific times have been with high tempo attacking sides like Liverpool (Heerenveen, Ajax, Schalke, Netherlands) that can give him service which tells me you don't know what he brings to the table or how he plays. He would fit in extremely well at Liverpool if he could stay healthy.

But yeah, Huntelaar isn't good enough for Liverpool he only has a better goalscoring record than 99% of players out there, and not a single player on Liverpool, Suarez included, has a better one (peak or consistently).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:24 am

you are actually being serious Laughing

The dude is past his best. He's a 31 year old fox in the box. First of all he's NOT good enough. Second, he doesn't even if our style.

Do you want me to repeat that one more time?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:29 am

I don't want to believe we're in for a CB before offloading one of the current ones.

And if we're really interested in Lovren, well, that's just so lazy scouting, why didn't we buy him in 2013 when he was available and joined Southampton if we rate him so highly? Also, we've already bought two players from Southampton this summer, have we been looking anywhere else if we're in for a third one?! Such lazy scouting is only going to cost us way more money for the same quality we could have gotten from elsewhere.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:32 am

@Don't call me a bandwagoner

I'll remember to consult you as the authority on who is or isn't good enough for this team amongst players he has no knowledge of.

Summer of 2014 - Page 40 Phil-Thumbs-Up

Art Morte wrote:I don't want to believe we're in for a CB before offloading one of the current ones.

And if we're really interested in Lovren, well, that's just so lazy scouting, why didn't we buy him in 2013 when he was available and joined Southampton if we rate him so highly? Also, we've already bought two players from Southampton this summer, have we been looking anywhere else if we're in for a third one?! Such lazy scouting is only going to cost us way more money for the same quality we could have gotten from elsewhere.

I feel like they were probably unsure of him and wanted to see how he performed in the EPL first. Plus I think this is the first year that Rodgers has 'supreme authority' on the transfer policy though that's not exactly clear.

Last edited by El Cujo on Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 43 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next