M99
Firenze
RealGunner
Tomwin Lannister
Onyx
18 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 10 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 10

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:49 pm

Batista winning the rumble yet not getting a title shot so bryan can take his place lmfaooooo

Lets go mt!
Mt sucks
lets go mt
MT SUCKS

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 10 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 10

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:22 pm

WWE aren't going to randomly book big fantasy matches that make no sense storyline wise just to please people who watch every 6 months. hmm

Also Cena vs Undertaker is more appealing than any WM match in ages.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:23 pm

Regarding Sting not signing a deal with WWE yet, it's more because WWE is dragging their feet. We noted before that WWE officials are in no hurry to get Sting signed for a WrestleMania XXX match but word is that Sting himself was hoping for a match against The Undertaker at this year's event.

Since Sting lives in the Dallas area, he is willing to meet up with The Undertaker and work out the match in private at Undertaker's gym, over and over, to get it right, which is what Undertaker's opponents have done for the past several years. That's one of the reasons the matches have gone over so well.

There was some concern that Brock Lesnar, who is in it because he makes big money for a limited amount of work and only has a certain number of dates on his contract, may not be willing to spend several extra days working with Taker to get the entire match worked out.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:24 pm

Regarding the name changes for Big E and Cesaro, that is a Vince McMahon decision.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:26 pm

After a week where the CM Punk talk has started to die down, people within WWE are looking ahead to the March 3rd RAW from Chicago.

There is a lot of concern about how that show will play out. With The Undertaker and Hulk Hogan scheduled to return at the February 24th RAW, they could be brought to the Chicago RAW as a way to counter the Punk chants.

There was less concern this past week because while there were Punk chants at live events, they didn't pick up or last that long. The feeling is that with nothing major happening with the Los Angeles crowd at RAW on Monday, it's pretty much a done situation with the possible exception of Chicago.

Going into the Los Angeles RAW this week, officials feared fans would hijack the show and ruin the John Cena vs. Randy Orton main event. The idea was to bring Daniel Bryan out twice, including right before the main event, have him go over strong and get the chants out of the way.

There remains mixed feelings within the company regarding Punk's status. Virtually nobody agrees with him when it comes to walking out 30 minutes before a live TV shoot. Many have sympathy for some of his concerns but they argue that Punk was legitimately the #2 guy in the company for a while.

On a related note, it's acknowledged that Punk was very popular but the belief is that he was not a ticket seller to live events and only on occasion was he a difference maker in pay-per-view business. At the same time, Punk was the #2 merchandise seller.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:27 pm

Brock and Cena are the only two realistic threats for the streak, but Sting is a dream match that a lot of people want to see. If Taker has any say in this i hope he pushed for a match against Sting.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:23 pm

Ric Flair has signed a new contract with WWE. All of his appearances and business deals have to be cleared by WWE from here on out.

Flair can be booked outside of WWE but in every deal, there is a clause that if WWE calls and needs him for anything, he has to cancel the other booking.

It appears that Tensai is done as a wrestler for WWE, for the time being at least, and is being groomed for an announcers job.

Besides working on NXT commentary lately, Tensai has been involved in all RAW and SmackDown pre-show and post-show trial runs that WWE has been doing for the Network recently.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:26 pm

From unstoppable Lord Tensai, beating john cena to dancing with other fat people and now he's a commentator rofl

Some of the failed careers in WWE are hilarious
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:27 pm

He was actually a great wrestler in his Lord Tensai gimmick. Better than the likes of Santino and Khali.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:28 pm

Batista vs Lesnar is the only one I'd be interested in.

MT needs to face reality, Batista wasn't brought back in a big money move winning the rumble on his in ring return if he isn't winning the Wrestlemania main event. Promising him top billing like that alongside Cena is probably all in his contract, Wouldn't have signed otherwise. I'd be completely shocked if he didn't win the title. They better make him heel afterwards though.

Best case scenario for Bryan at Mania is that he is somehow inserted into the main event and loses. Worst case is that he jobs to Sheamus/Kane. Personally I'm expecting him to feud with Batista after Mania, with Batista as a heel.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:29 pm

Foreign monster heels don't really get anywhere. Those sort of gimmicks don't really connect with the crowd.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Most monster heels don't connect with the crowd lol

Problem was, everybody knew he was Albert and all they had to do was being him back as....Albert

Now he's a COMMENTATOR under the name 'tensai' rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:37 pm

lmao

This is why Bray has done so well. People used to chant Husky Harris at him when he first came but all of that is dead now
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:39 pm

If Bray didn't have legendary mic skills and promo skills, he'd probably have been burried long before now.

If you're gonna bring somebody back with a new gimmick, you should acknowledge that in some way. Because if they're not mega-talented then they're set up to fail.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:03 pm

I like that Batista's back, but at this point who's career would winning the title help more? Batista or Bryan? Clearly Bryan. It's better for the long term. Batista isn't no megastar like the Rock anyway, which is how WWE seem to be treating him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:06 pm

Yeah and giving a 20 year old in NXT a title run would benefit him more than Bryan and Batista combined

The point is, Dave will be gone in 3-4 years MAX. When he's gone, that's it. So it's best to make use of big names whilst they're still around
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:11 pm

Batista, Orton and Cena have been the HHH, Rock and Austin since the Attitude Era ended, none of them are really on the same level, but they are the most recognsable and prolific wrestlers of the past/current era. Closest thing to mainstream stars they have. Doesn't really matter about who we think would benefit in the future by winning the title, I doubt Batista agreed to come back just to lose to Bryan at WrestleMania. He came back to be booked as the top star on the level of Cena. I don't see any other outcome at Mania besides him walking out the champion.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:17 pm

I think Bryan will get inserted into the main event now, will stop the crowd ruining it, plus Orton vs Face Batista is bland. Batista will pin Orton, then crowd turns on him since Bryan didn't win, heel turn the next night, feuds with Bryan, Lesnar costs him the title, setting up a goat feud, while Bryan can have a short pity run. I heard Batista doesn't work house shows and stuff, so I don't see him having a long reign.

Though I'd much prefer Lesnar inserted into the main event at Mania, but I only see that happening if 60 year old Sting fights Undertaker at Mania.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:23 pm

No young superstar is ready yet, so it wouldn't benefit them. Bryan's ready and winning it would help towards establishing himself as a main eventer.

Batista will be gone in 2 years, but what then? Will WWE have to rely on a 60 year old Goldberg to main event WM because they blew the chance to establish Bryan? Batista winning the title doesn't help long term.

Obviously Bryan can win the title anytime during the year, but no point taking the risk when he's at his peak and there's nothing better than winning it in the main event at WM.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:31 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:WWE aren't going to randomly book big fantasy matches that make no sense storyline wise just to please people who watch every 6 months. hmm

I don't just watch it every 6 months....in any case its not the point even if i did i'd still find it boring they are boring matchups. Also Cena v Undertaker would be boring AF have you not watched them before?

They don't mesh at all
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:36 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Foreign monster heels don't really get anywhere. Those sort of gimmicks don't really connect with the crowd.

The Official WWE Thread - Part 10 - Page 19 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmFC96ocuAzgCwtuAG3XPMZ8JoxOlYFEa914TDeBdycRedj69f

Has F all to do with the crowd, there just aren't any talented, foreign monster heels anymore.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:39 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
Batista will be gone in 2 years, but what then? Will WWE have to rely on a 60 year old Goldberg to main event WM because they blew the chance to establish Bryan? Batista winning the title doesn't help long term.

Reigns will be ready to hold the torch then maybe hmm

I think Bray could be the next Undertaker/Prime Kane. Obviously he isn't a monster like them(he still looks threatening), but he has potential to have a GOAT gimmick like them.

Batista coming back, winning the rumble and likely leaving Mania as the champion speaks a lot to how management feel about Bryan's potential to be be on the same level as Orton, Batista and Cena (as far as longevity at the top goes)

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:39 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:WWE aren't going to randomly book big fantasy matches that make no sense storyline wise just to please people who watch every 6 months. hmm

I don't just watch it every 6 months....in any case its not the point even if i did i'd still find it boring they are boring matchups. Also Cena v Undertaker would be boring AF have you not watched them before?

They don't mesh at all

Last time they had a match was like 7 years ago on RAW. Right now Cena's the best WWE have and a match with Undertaker could easily ME WM. I don't think anyone really looks at how they are in the ring, they just see Undertaker and Cena and dream match.

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:40 pm

It should ME WM. Best dream match out there
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:47 pm

I can't get invested into any Undertaker match at Wrestlemania. We all know what's going to happen, and it's at the point where he's not that attractive to watch. It's the equivalent watching Chelsea vs a big team after reading the results and seeing they won 1-0 from a corner.

would rather see him fight someone like Sheamus or Kane than waste someone interesting on him.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:51 pm

Cena vs Undertaker - 'I quit' match would be more interesting than a generic singles/no dq match. Undertaker wins after he threatens to chokeslam a kid. hmm

Or a 3 stages of hell match, where Cena wins stage 2.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next