LeBéninois
sree999
49 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Xavi Complains - Page 4 Empty Re: Xavi Complains

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:00 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:“Mourinho is a coach who only cares about the result and lives for that… He says that he is ‘the Special One’ because he has won this and that in so many countries. But I don’t like the way his teams play. Who remembers his Inter team that won the Champions League? For me he hasn’t left a legacy, unlike Cruyff’s Holland team. Di Matteo won the Champions League, but in my view his team offered nothing.”

I just wanted to highlight how he presents this as his own opinion rather than a moral one as some users are trying to paint him.

I think what most people have problem with is the line in red.
Xavi is basically saying that Mou did not leave any legacy, which is bound to anger not only Chelsea fans, but also Porto, Inter, Serie A, and EPL fans as well.

I mean, no matter how you cut it in regards to Mou, he has left a legacy, and the fact that Xavi has his pants on a bunch because of him is legacy enough as it is.

Lets take away are hate glasses off Xavi, Mou, Anti-football, tiki-taka, attack, defines, etc.

I think what he means is leaving something behind for the club to build on. If we look at Cruyff impact in Barcelona, he won us the first European cup and he helped us build a new style of play and bought in his philosophy/principal that still is living on today within the club. Even Pep has said it many times Barcelona tray are here because of Cruyff. Can you say Mou did the at any of his clubs now? From what I see his he if he wins everything at the club he leaves. I honestly believe this is because he knows he'll fail the next year if he remains there, or when we reach the 3rd year he has a falling out with players/staff/board/etc and leaves. This is what I believe Xavi meant he leaves nothing for the club to build on for the future. You don't need to play tiki-taka or set that up at another club, but something that can benefit them in the future.

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:12 am

rwo power wrote:I think Xavi's interview is sufficient, no need to formulate the topic extra-trollish. Thus I decided to edit it with the neutral terms.
little too late for that isn't it :p
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:50 am

Donuts wrote:
rwo power wrote:I think Xavi's interview is sufficient, no need to formulate the topic extra-trollish. Thus I decided to edit it with the neutral terms.
little too late for that isn't it :p
Obviously you didn't see the original title Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:01 am

izzy wrote:
harhar11 wrote:Exactly! Not everyone likes the same style. Just like Klopp had the right to say that he doesnt like a certain style, xavi has that same right aswell..

And notice how I didnt say that everyone who likes defensive football liles it just because their team plays that way?

What part are you not getting?
He is USING the style of football as a way to insult Mou's legacy. Xavi has been criticising defensive styles of football with his pompous elitist bitch ass. What makes this time more pathetic, is that he is trying to use it as a way to cover up his dig a Mou's legacy.

Klopp didn't say Barca's style of football is detriment to their legacy, Xavi did say that involving Mou.

You can dislike a style, but when you try and use it to take a shot at someone's legacy, that's pathetic and it shows that you are a bitch.

The legacy quotes are the problem and the fact he tried to use 'style of football' to justify his statement makes it even more shameful.

So is Mou a bitch for taking a shot at Pep's legacy saying he can't win a champions league without help from the referees?

Also, Klopp didn't say Barca's style is a detriment to there legacy because it's not. Barca's style is there legacy which is what Xavi is getting at. Had Klopp said that he would sound like an idiot.

I fail to see why some people act like they don't understand what Xavi is getting at.

Any team can park the bus and beat a better team. See Greece in the Euro's. It's understandable to do it when you have deficiencies in your squad or you just cannot play with the other team. It's not noble to do it with some of the most expensively constructed teams in the history of football.

That is what Xavi is getting at when it comes to Mou and I agree.

BTW, so did his best player in Ronaldo when he was furious during one of the Barca vs Madrid games when he was the only player on Madrid allowed to cross midfield, he turned around and started bitching at his whole team and coach. Then after the game he was told by the noble Mourinho to lie to the press and say Barca cheated any other comments would get him benched. How noble.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Simply put, some people don't like Defensive Football.

For someone like Xavi, who has won League & Cup Trophies, 3 CL, 2 Euros, & the World Cup, to come out and criticize Chelsea & Inter's recent successes just spews pure envy.

I think it's clear that Xavi must be feeling pretty empty about the last 2 CL's. Heck, I know I'd feel pretty empty if my team had won a CL with the aid of the Referee's. And now, to remedy his empty victories, he now resorted to defame other clubs who have tasted true success. At least now one can say Xavi does harbor a slight conscience and it's showing in an indirect way.

In the end Xavi, who on paper is a winner at everything, feels like a looser inside.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:36 pm

Lord Awesome wrote:Simply put, some people don't like Defensive Football.

For someone like Xavi, who has won League & Cup Trophies, 3 CL, 2 Euros, & the World Cup, to come out and criticize Chelsea & Inter's recent successes just spews pure envy.

I think it's clear that Xavi must be feeling pretty empty about the last 2 CL's. Heck, I know I'd feel pretty empty if my team had won a CL with the aid of the Referee's. And now, to remedy his empty victories, he now resorted to defame other clubs who have tasted true success. At least now one can say Xavi does harbor a slight conscience and it's showing in an indirect way.

In the end Xavi, who on paper is a winner at everything, feels like a looser inside.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic, seeing as it's pretty hard to detect sarcasm on the internet and because of your past comments, but every team gets lucky with a referee decision once in while. For example, Inter, a team that Xavi mentioned, should have conceded 4 penalties against Chelsea and then atleast 2 against Barca or when Real Madrid defeated us 2-1 at the Camp Nou, Khedira scored in an offside position. You win some, you lose some. That's it. That has nothing to do with Xavi's statement. It's just that he simply doesn't like that style, something that I share with him, and he has the right to say that.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:51 pm

harhar11 wrote:
Lord Awesome wrote:Simply put, some people don't like Defensive Football.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic, seeing as it's pretty hard to detect sarcasm on the internet and because of your past comments, but every team gets lucky with a referee decision once in while. For example, Inter, a team that Xavi mentioned, should have conceded 4 penalties against Chelsea and then atleast 2 against Barca or when Real Madrid defeated us 2-1 at the Camp Nou, Khedira scored in an offside position. You win some, you lose some. That's it. That has nothing to do with Xavi's statement. It's just that he simply doesn't like that style, something that I share with him, and he has the right to say that.

That's what I said in my first sentence. Very Happy I'm not stopping him from saying it, either. To me it just sounds like looser talk coming from someone who, on paper and playing ability, isn't a looser. See what I mean?

Maybe he's just a bad looser? Or maybe he doesn't like the way he won?

As for the Penalties, I'm guessing the Penalties in question can differ based on one's opinion, but I can only recall one Penalty not given against Inter in the Inter vs Chelsea match. Can't say I saw any in Inter vs Barca.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:03 pm

harhar11 wrote:I don't know if you are being sarcastic, seeing as it's pretty hard to detect sarcasm on the internet and because of your past comments, but every team gets lucky with a referee decision once in while. For example, Inter, a team that Xavi mentioned, should have conceded 4 penalties against Chelsea and then atleast 2 against Barca or when Real Madrid defeated us 2-1 at the Camp Nou, Khedira scored in an offside position. You win some, you lose some. That's it. That has nothing to do with Xavi's statement. It's just that he simply doesn't like that style, something that I share with him, and he has the right to say that.
Thumbs up

Dont forget Milito's offside goal too.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:21 pm

Lord Awesome wrote:That's what I said in my first sentence. :DI'm not stopping him from saying it, either. To me it just sounds like looser talk coming from someone who, on paper and playing ability, isn't a looser. See what I mean?

Maybe he's just a bad looser? Or maybe he doesn't like the way he won?

As for the Penalties, I'm guessing the Penalties in question can differ based on one's opinion, but I can only recall one Penalty not given against Inter in the Inter vs Chelsea match. Can't say I saw any in Inter vs Barca.

These are the four penalties that I am talking about.
Spoiler:

Ofc, that's not to say that Inter didn't get any decision against them themselves, like the red card. But that's exactly my point. You get some and you lose some. You leave it at that.

And like I said, if Xavi was just being a sore loser, he would have mention Bayern. Even though they humiliated us, although going back to my previous point 3 goals were questionable, if Xavi was just being a sore loser, he would have mentioned them, which he did not do.

Last edited by harhar11 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:23 pm

Here we go again. Thanks
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:54 pm

Yeah, the Ibra one I missed for Inter Vs Chelsea and the ball was played so that's 2 but the rest look like Dives to me. I'll keep looking here, though.

For the Barca match, there were other ref mistakes as well, like Milito's offside which wasn't really an offside.

Xavi couldn't mention Bayern because Bayern also had 2-3 goals dissallowed themselves and also the scorline wasn't close. No way I would mention Bayern.

It's one thing to ignore ref decisions and call one's team the best when that team is benefited and wins but when the same person defames a club or ref because that team was done in by ref decisions then, hey, what goes around comes around.

If one can take ref decisions against your club, then I approve of that person. If one can admit that the other team was defeated by circumstances outside the 22 men playing then I would commend that person.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:33 pm

Lord Awesome wrote:Yeah, the Ibra one I missed for Inter Vs Chelsea and the ball was played so that's 2 but the rest look like Dives to me. I'll keep looking here, though.

For the Barca match, there were other ref mistakes as well, like Milito's offside which wasn't really an offside.

Xavi couldn't mention Bayern because Bayern also had 2-3 goals dissallowed themselves and also the scorline wasn't close. No way I would mention Bayern.

It's one thing to ignore ref decisions and call one's team the best when that team is benefited and wins but when the same person defames a club or ref because that team was done in by ref decisions then, hey, what goes around comes around.

If one can take ref decisions against your club, then I approve of that person. If one can admit that the other team was defeated by circumstances outside the 22 men playing then I would commend that person.

That's my point! You get some, you lose some. That's it. So I don't see why Xavi would be feeling bad. Xavi is simply speaking about that style because he does not like it. There is no extra motivation for it. Not being a sore lose, nor him feeling bad for some referee decision etc. Not to mention that I don't see why Xavi should be bitter towards Mourinho, seeing as he has had his revenge.

Although, I must say, that I am curious to which goals Bayern got disallowed. O_o
They could have had 1 penalty for a handball on Pique(the Alexis one was unintentional), but I don't remember any goal being disallowed.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:40 pm

S wrote:

even Pique was in offside in return match .
Barca fans can't complain then ,it would sufficient to remember the red card   to T.Motta.
and I am good not remembering Ovrebo...
juve fans still can't accept Inter has won 1 CL more than them .... read the AC Milan here and I can notice a different objectivity and I respect them for this ... this is because they are used to win in Europe and therefore they recognize when someone deserves it , unlike those who are eliminated from crap group stage..
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:00 pm

sree999 wrote:chelsea under mouthrinho management has been one of the dullest teams to watch . how many of you remember the thuggery of his teams

2006 UCL QF

few minutes after that the prick del horno again went for messi and got  red .

mouthrinho opened his septic tank mouth and told messi was acting . hmm  :brickwall: 

what is common to all morinho teams ? Dull defensive football and aggressiveness.

His teams are characterized by clogging , shirt pulling , aggressive challenges  ( sometimes mental esp pepe ramos terry )  , highly opportunistic  direct football  , a preference to athleticism over skill .

how many of his players won wpy ?

it was ronaldhino and arsenal that kept my passion for football alive those days .

only exception was real where he had to play good football (real dosent like bulldog mentality)  and didnt have the set of players who could play his brand of defensive football ( esp ronaldo)

what do neutral fans all over world want to see => joga bonito . that the reason why brazil is revered all round the world and unlike european "dull" teams .

fact of matter chelsea win is one flukiest win of all time . its as simple as that .

ya bayern was humilation . but they played stunning football and won . so no complaints .

i hope in future the south american economy gets stronger and their star players stay in there and develop .so that non of them have to come to  european teams coached by mourinhoesque managers .

l

What is this madness?

probably you gnaw because Cruijff has won same WC than Grecia while Chelsea has won deservedly the Champions League....
Accept it.
All fear the Chelsea of Mourinho by that time, a very strong team , it was able to concede the fewest League goals in English football history.
But I image it was for hoofball , not for tactics.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:20 pm

Robespierre wrote:
S wrote:

Barca fans can't complain then ,it would sufficient to remember the red card   to T.Motta.
juve fans still can't accept Inter has won 1 CL more than them .... read the AC Milan here and I can notice a different objectivity and I respect them for this ... this is because they are used to win in Europe and therefore they  recognize when someone deserves it , unlike those who are eliminated from crap group stage..

that crap group stage had Madrid, and the team that almost beat them to get to the semis last year.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:22 pm

FilthyLuca wrote:

that crap group stage had Madrid, and the team that almost beat them to get to the semis last year.

and Galatasaray & Copenaghen ...
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:11 pm

Robespierre wrote:
FilthyLuca wrote:

Gala made it to the QF last year (winning the away leg, but losing 3-5 on aggregate) and Madrid to the semis.
how is that a "crap" group? crap group is the one United had in 2011.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:23 pm

Galatasaray are a strong team, IMO. I don't think there's any shame in Juve losing out to them.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:35 pm

Robespierre wrote:
S wrote:

juve fans still can't accept Inter has won 1 CL more than them .... read the AC Milan here and I can notice a different objectivity and I respect them for this ... this is because they are used to win in Europe and therefore they  recognize when someone deserves it , unlike those who are eliminated from crap group stage..

If you read my post, you would see that I mention the red card and, in a previous post, I mentioned that Pique might have been in an offside position.

But do you even know why I started talking about those decision? The guy who I responded to, started talking about how Xavi was only talking about how he doesn't like that style because of a couple of bad decision that Barca got in their favour. Weird, I know. So I mention that there is no real logic behind that, because, sadly, bad calls are a part of football. That's all.

I had no intention to say that Inter "robbed" their CL. I only used Inter, and Real Madrid, to show how every team gets some decision that favours them. I could have mentioned any other team that got a decision in their favour, but I used them because, again, he who I was responding to, implied that Xavi doesn't feel that Barca archieved true success because of a couple of referee decision that went in their favour, so he was defaming teams, Inter, Real Madrid and Chelsea, who had archivied "true" success i.e teams who had won without any decision going their way. And that's why I used them. To show that they had just as many decision going in their favour as Barca.

And regarding Ovrebo, again there. It's not like he didn't make a couple of calls that favoured Chelsea, like Abidal's red card or Ballacks handball inside the penalty area. But again, sadly that's part of football. These things happend.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:39 pm

FilthyLuca wrote:
Robespierre wrote:
FilthyLuca wrote:

Gala made it to the QF last year (winning the away leg, but losing 3-5 on aggregate) and Madrid to the semis.
how is that a "crap" group?  crap group is the one United had in 2011.

It really has more to do with failing to win against the danes and drawing Gala @ home.

Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:54 pm

harhar11 wrote:
But do you even know why I started talking about those decision? The guy who I responded to, started talking about how Xavi was only talking about how he doesn't like that style because of a couple of bad decision that Barca got in their favour. Weird, I know.

I think you misunderstood here.

I think Xavi doesn't like Defensive style because it's the style that has defeated Barca the most in the past seasons and quite simply doesn't know how to deal with it. Therefore he defames any team that has won using the said style.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:14 pm

>Mr.xavi and bisque hogging the ball all night
>opponent winger:"what can i do here front half"
>join defence
>"omg, lookks mmamee, they 10 men anti football, lol"

pffft

terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:47 pm

Here's an interesting fact, if Barca were a bit more direct with their approach of ball possession and flow of the game then the opposition would not have to sit around their own half to wait until they make a mistake and move for a counter.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:02 am

Lord Awesome wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
But do you even know why I started talking about those decision? The guy who I responded to, started talking about how Xavi was only talking about how he doesn't like that style because of a couple of bad decision that Barca got in their favour. Weird, I know.

I think you misunderstood here.

I think Xavi doesn't like Defensive style because it's the style that has defeated Barca the most in the past seasons and quite simply doesn't know how to deal with it. Therefore he defames any team that has won using the said style.

Again, Xavi has said that he dislike that style WAAAAAAAAAAY before Inter...

the xcx wrote:Here's an interesting fact, if Barca were a bit more direct with their approach of ball possession and flow of the game then the opposition would not have to sit around their own half to wait until they make a mistake and move for a counter.

Untrue.. I have seen teams sit around their own half against teams who are more direct than Barca..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:54 pm

Here's a question for those defending Xavi (myself included): IF Simeone's Atletico wins either the league or the CL, will he leave a legacy?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:58 pm

Yea
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin