Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:58 pm

Yea

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Xavi Complains - Page 5 Empty Re: Xavi Complains

Post by futbol Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:05 pm

He would leave a legacy in breaking up a duopoly against all odds with almost no budget, coaching essentially the same team that was midtable "Pathetico" only 2 years ago, with a joke of a defense. Not even Xavi would refute that. But then again that's not Xavi's point anyway IMO.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:20 pm

Xavi's point is that playing style is directly related to an ability to leave a legacy. Simeone's style is basically the anti-thesis of everything Xavi believes in/personally likes. Hence I think this would be in direct opposition to what he is saying.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:27 pm

Xavi why are you such a crybaby?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:32 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Xavi's point is that playing style is directly related to an ability to leave a legacy. Simeone's style is basically the anti-thesis of everything Xavi believes in/personally likes. Hence I think this would be in direct opposition to what he is saying.

It should be, anyway. But yeah, we'll have to wait and see what happens. I've seen certain pundits justify Simeone based on the grounds that he's Argentine.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:35 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Xavi's point is that playing style is directly related to an ability to leave a legacy. Simeone's style is basically the anti-thesis of everything Xavi believes in/personally likes. Hence I think this would be in direct opposition to what he is saying.

Meh. The context is always ignored with these Xavi interviews. He always says these things in the light of Mourinho proclaiming himself "The Special One" and then he uses Guardiola as the counter example who will leave a more "special" legacy in his eyes. To make his point clear he uses some recent CL winners (coincidentally Mourinho coached or Mourinho built teams) who did win but without doing anything "special" in football terms in his eyes (Di Matteo got sacked half a year later, that's the legacy he will leave behind Laughing).

It's basically just a "Pep > Mourinho" speech. The TL;DR version looks like a post of Clockwork Orange proclaiming Cruyffian football as the only righteous way of winning and a few Serie A fans get their nipples twisted because their league is known for defending and they read this as "defensive football = shit" (that's why you see lots of AC Milan badges defending Inter in this thread). That's not what he says though. Xavi would be the first to congratulate Diego Simeone if he ever won La Liga. For starters, Simeone doesn't proclaim himself "special".

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:45 pm

futbol wrote:That's not what he says though. Xavi would be the first to congratulate Diego Simeone if he ever won La Liga. For starters, Simeone doesn't proclaim himself "special".
That's because Simione hasn't won anything noteworthy in Europe yet. Mou already had a CL with Porto when he proclaimed himself. Yet another victim of Mou's swag. Laughing

Last edited by Lord Awesome on Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:46 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Here's a question for those defending Xavi (myself included): IF Simeone's Atletico wins either the league or the CL, will he leave a legacy?

I belive so. But I also belive that Xavi was wrong with his comment on Mou not having a legacy..

Last edited by harhar11 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:06 pm

Xavi: "Very balanced game, very intense, Atletico are a great team. They have a different style, but they execute it perfectly."

ProudProudProudProudProud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:42 pm

futbol wrote:Xavi: "Very balanced game, very intense, Atletico are a great team. They have a different style, but they execute it perfectly."

ProudProudProudProudProud

Showing that he doesn't think that it's ilegal to play that way, like some thinks that Xavi is saying.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:44 pm

this because it was a simply match of Liga Proud
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:44 am

Stuck in his fantasy land.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:51 pm

Humility and respectfulness Proud
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:11 pm

M99 wrote:Humility and respectfulness Proud

DAT's the Xavi we all know. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:16 pm

futbol wrote:Xavi: "Very balanced game, very intense, Atletico are a great team. They have a different style, but they execute it perfectly."

Anti Mou indeed. :coffee: Or he's just satisfied that the drew away from home and keep 1st place. Right now, it seems like he dosen't dislike Defensive Football.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by cory trevor Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:57 pm

Apparently playing solid defensively with an emphasis on counter attack and decent wing play is an indictment of one's team. Such a shame, I'd think passing the ball back and forth in a 1-0 lead would ultimately be the same.
cory trevor
cory trevor
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:26 am

apparently, generally being the team who scores the most goals in europe is an indictment of 1-0..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:23 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:People won't like hearing it but Xavi is right about Chelsea and Inter...

No one remembers them apart from their own fans....

Even when Inter won it, people still said Barca were the best team in the world and continued doing so until Bayern thrashed them.

This whole history remembers the winners is as much BS as no one remembers the style of football.... it just isn't true.

Even Chelsea, it was forgotten about 3 months later when they got knocked out of the group stages.... yet people still talked about Barca i wonder why that is?

But Xavi isn't right to have a go at specific managers and he is acting like a bitch but at the end of the day as far as Inter and Chelsea is concerned he's 100% correct.
Okay. People don't remember Drogba's immense performances in that Chelsea run? Okay Mole, okay.

Barca being touted wouldn't be because they had arguably the greatest player of all time(and in his prime, racking up 4 straight Ballon d'Or awards) still banging in goals for them? Not to mention Xavi & Iniesta who are some of the greatest midfielders ever?

If you look beyond whatever shades you have on, you'll realise that people remember Barca more because of those 3(especially Messi) rather than their style of play. Let's be very honest here, mate.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:38 am

harhar11 wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:I love Xavi, but I am growing tired and weary of this crock of shit that he continues to bring up as his frequent jibes are not justified by any tangible inference.

Where I come from, a brimstone pot of footballing culture; we all remember the Champions League wins of Mourinho's Inter and even Roberto Di Matteo's Chelsea.

-We remember how poor Inter were in the group stages followed by the unconcealed chortles on the thought of them usurping Barca after narrowly scraping through Ancelotti's Chelsea.

David vs Goliath

-We remember the absolute tactical masterclass that was the 1st leg vs Barca in the San Siro, thoroughly and comprehensively outwitting a prime Guardiola team 3-1 and bringing them to their knees.

David vs Goliath

-We remember a 10 man Inter in Camp Nou (result of a poor call) surviving in one of the most disciplined and organized phalanx's ever conjured after an onslaught of possession tiki-taka to which proved a miracle in the end as Mourinho and the Interisti players could not fathom that they survived such an aggressive incursion. It was a miracle.

David vs Goliath

-We remember one of the finest tactical displays in Champions League Final history when Mourinho thoroughly and utterly dismantled an arrogant LvG's Bayern to which was quite literally the perfect match from Inter, Milito's brilliant brace a mere compliment to the tactical finesse on display.

Chelsea?

-Who does not remember this 7th place Chelsea going down 10 men in Camp Nou, raising further convictions that a victory would be merely impossible within that moment? We remember Messi's failed penalty, Chelsea surviving all odds and Torres' shocking round-up goal vs Valdes to seal Barca's fate. It was polarities on expectations to the finest degree. 12 men conquered a 100k+ Cules

David vs Goliath

-Who does not remember Bayern's advantage of their team, form and playing the Champions League Final in their own home? Followed by Didier Drogba's flash in the pan header to power through the Bavarian momentum in the final minutes of the clock?

David vs Goliath

Who remembers when the mental odds stacked against Chelsea when the English were known to falter in penalties while the Germans known to succeed in them, let alone the record of English teams vs Germans? Who remembers Chelsea outclassing the Bavarians right in front of their raucous fans?  

I certainly do.

Football is not only remembered on the basis of aesthetics and dimensions of subjective play, yet based on the moments achieved against the grain, the inertia of odds and expectations that weigh down David as the philistines laugh at his audacity.

Xavi will never realize that until he experiences what the Chelsea and Inter unison faced nor will he understand what has brought the Blue and Nerrazzuri fans together; through the mutual emotions experienced in such an unforeseeable victory over such improbability.

He does not know it.

They do.

Hence why this is effectively a redundant debate.

It's not really a David and Goliath thing. Inter had won the Serie A for 4 years in row, no(?), and were almost always one of the favourites to win the CL, while Chelsea is almost always one of the top team that spend the most money in transfer, year after year. You can't really call that a David vs Goliath.

A David and Goliath is Porto, with Mou, winning the CL or Greece winning the Euro. Not two of the top teams in the world winning the CL..

The only way that Chelsea's CL win will be remembered is that it will be considered one of the flukiest CL win ever. Not even they know how they won. Every game they were outplayed. Every game the opposite created more than a dozen chances to score and yet failed to capitalize. Every game Chelsea created 1 chance and score 2.

Inter's will be remember more, because unlike Chelsea, they actually defended well. But even then, thanks to how bad they have done after the treble, it feels like alot of people have already forgotten that they won the treble. Heck, they will almost be more remembered for their spectacular fall from the top.

--

And also, bro, if you are going to mention Inter going down to 10 men by a bad call, then maybe you should mention all of the bad calls? Like in the first leg Milito being called offside when he wasn't, later scoring a goal in a offside position and then Barca probably should have had a penalty and then in the 2nd leg, Barca should have had to penalties(one of them so clear that you only had to see Ibra's shirt to know that it was a penalty), Pique arguably scoring in an offside position and Bojan getting a goal wrongly disallowed.
Its funny because we were "outplayed every game" but somehow managed to beat Napoli 4-1 at Stamford Bridge. How does that happen? Oh? I'm sorry? Did you mean only in the Barca tie and in the final? Gee, I almost thought you didn't mention it. Oh wait.....you didn't.... Sleep 

Just another Barca fan trying to justify Xavi's cry baby attitude.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sree999 Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:27 am

The only way that Chelsea's CL win will be remembered is that it will be considered one of the flukiest CL win ever. Not even they know how they won. Every game they were outplayed. Every game the opposite created more than a dozen chances to score and yet failed to capitalize. Every game Chelsea created 1 chance and score 2.
 :bow: :bow: Thumbs up
sree999
sree999
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:48 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:Its funny because we were "outplayed every game" but somehow managed to beat Napoli 4-1 at Stamford Bridge. How does that happen? Oh? I'm sorry? Did you mean only in the Barca tie and in the final? Gee, I almost thought you didn't mention it. Oh wait.....you didn't.... Sleep 

Even in that game, didn't Napoli create a couple of chances?

And also, I don't remember Drogba being that immense. I do remember him really clinical and defending alot. But he didn't really dominate. Atleast not so much to call his performances "immense"..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:04 pm

harhar11 wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:Its funny because we were "outplayed every game" but somehow managed to beat Napoli 4-1 at Stamford Bridge. How does that happen? Oh? I'm sorry? Did you mean only in the Barca tie and in the final? Gee, I almost thought you didn't mention it. Oh wait.....you didn't.... Sleep 

And also, I don't remember Drogba being that immense. I do remember him really clinical and defending alot. But he didn't really dominate. Atleast not so much to call his performances "immense"..
Bad enough a post for me to stop arguing with you. Good day.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:35 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

Bad enough a post for me to stop arguing with you. Good day.

Have you forgotten that the "immense" Drogba conceded a penalty in the semi-final and then another in the final, both of which could have lost the games for Chelsea?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Xavi Complains - Page 5 Empty xavi is at it again

Post by farfan Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:47 pm

""I do not know if Atletico deserved this win,"

"We have had several chances to get the draw, we had four or five chances that usually we score. I think we deserved the draw, sending the game into extra time." ( from goal )

this guy  :facepalm:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Xavi-plusieurs-occasions/455980 ( french )

Last edited by farfan on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:49 pm

looks fake

futbol
World Class Contributor