LeBéninois
sree999
49 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Xavi Complains - Page 3 Empty Re: Xavi Complains

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:24 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
M99 wrote:I hate to say it but that Inter side is one of the greatest Italian teams of all time. It's up there with Herrera's Inter, Rocco's Milan, Liedholm's Roma, Trappatoni's Juve etc.

And I would say the first and so far only Italian treble is a pretty big legacy.

Agreed but they are not remembered as such.... maybe to GL and fans of similar hardcore support they are but in the grand scheme of things they aint....

Also its funny you mention Herrera because in the grand scheme of things he's not either.... heck i didn't even know who he was till i joined GL.

Shucks, I bet you non-football fans don't know any ancient footballer beyond Pele, and don't know anything about football beyond the current trend in the game and David Beckham. Even after Beckham retires people would still think he still plays.

Hell, if you are going to take what the masses think is great then you are in for a lot of surprise in a lot of fields.

Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:25 pm

I don't even remember the team that won the CL 15 years ago or less lol.

I remember the Man U and Bayern final because the british press repeatedly bring it up and the Liverpool v Milan Istanbul final but other than that i don't remember the rest.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:28 pm

Arquitescu wrote:I love Xavi, but I am growing tired and weary of this crock of shit that he continues to bring up as his frequent jibes are not justified by any tangible inference.

Where I come from, a brimstone pot of footballing culture; we all remember the Champions League wins of Mourinho's Inter and even Roberto Di Matteo's Chelsea.

-We remember how poor Inter were in the group stages followed by the unconcealed chortles on the thought of them usurping Barca after narrowly scraping through Ancelotti's Chelsea.

David vs Goliath

-We remember the absolute tactical masterclass that was the 1st leg vs Barca in the San Siro, thoroughly and comprehensively outwitting a prime Guardiola team 3-1 and bringing them to their knees.

David vs Goliath

-We remember a 10 man Inter in Camp Nou (result of a poor call) surviving in one of the most disciplined and organized phalanx's ever conjured after an onslaught of possession tiki-taka to which proved a miracle in the end as Mourinho and the Interisti players could not fathom that they survived such an aggressive incursion. It was a miracle.

David vs Goliath

-We remember one of the finest tactical displays in Champions League Final history when Mourinho thoroughly and utterly dismantled an arrogant LvG's Bayern to which was quite literally the perfect match from Inter, Milito's brilliant brace a mere compliment to the tactical finesse on display.

Chelsea?

-Who does not remember this 7th place Chelsea going down 10 men in Camp Nou, raising further convictions that a victory would be merely impossible within that moment? We remember Messi's failed penalty, Chelsea surviving all odds and Torres' shocking round-up goal vs Valdes to seal Barca's fate. It was polarities on expectations to the finest degree. 12 men conquered a 100k+ Cules

David vs Goliath

-Who does not remember Bayern's advantage of their team, form and playing the Champions League Final in their own home? Followed by Didier Drogba's flash in the pan header to power through the Bavarian momentum in the final minutes of the clock?

David vs Goliath

Who remembers when the mental odds stacked against Chelsea when the English were known to falter in penalties while the Germans known to succeed in them, let alone the record of English teams vs Germans? Who remembers Chelsea outclassing the Bavarians right in front of their raucous fans?  

I certainly do.

Football is not only remembered on the basis of aesthetics and dimensions of subjective play, yet based on the moments achieved against the grain, the inertia of odds and expectations that weigh down David as the philistines laugh at his audacity.

Xavi will never realize that until he experiences what the Chelsea and Inter unison faced nor will he understand what has brought the Blue and Nerrazzuri fans together; through the mutual emotions experienced in such an unforeseeable victory over such improbability.

He does not know it.

They do.

Hence why this is effectively a redundant debate.

It's not really a David and Goliath thing. Inter had won the Serie A for 4 years in row, no(?), and were almost always one of the favourites to win the CL, while Chelsea is almost always one of the top team that spend the most money in transfer, year after year. You can't really call that a David vs Goliath.

A David and Goliath is Porto, with Mou, winning the CL or Greece winning the Euro. Not two of the top teams in the world winning the CL..

The only way that Chelsea's CL win will be remembered is that it will be considered one of the flukiest CL win ever. Not even they know how they won. Every game they were outplayed. Every game the opposite created more than a dozen chances to score and yet failed to capitalize. Every game Chelsea created 1 chance and score 2.

Inter's will be remember more, because unlike Chelsea, they actually defended well. But even then, thanks to how bad they have done after the treble, it feels like alot of people have already forgotten that they won the treble. Heck, they will almost be more remembered for their spectacular fall from the top.

--

And also, bro, if you are going to mention Inter going down to 10 men by a bad call, then maybe you should mention all of the bad calls? Like in the first leg Milito being called offside when he wasn't, later scoring a goal in a offside position and then Barca probably should have had a penalty and then in the 2nd leg, Barca should have had to penalties(one of them so clear that you only had to see Ibra's shirt to know that it was a penalty), Pique arguably scoring in an offside position and Bojan getting a goal wrongly disallowed.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:36 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:No one's really going to remember Inter/Chelsea winning the CL because they won it playing generic football. However people are going to remember Barcelona winning it due to the spectacular football they played and because they were one of the best teams in history.

What people usually "remember" first are teams that defined decades of football. This is the case for this Barca team.

However, people still remember teams that won the CL 25 years ago if they are football fans. Certainly if they are fans of the team and/or the league.

Case in point MUnited vs. Bayern, which would be something someone cries about because of "anti-football" but will be remembered as one of the most dramatic victories in the CL.

Yeh that and Istanbul they'll remember due to the final being dramatic and entertaining. However I don't see what was special about Inter/Chelsea winning it.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:40 pm

What matters about Motta's red card is that it forced Inter to defend with their lives. Also, you could say that it created the opportunity for all those other wrong calls to happen.

Inter had a red card in the 28th minute. Also, Barca only began threatening after that red card.

Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:43 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:No one's really going to remember Inter/Chelsea winning the CL because they won it playing generic football. However people are going to remember Barcelona winning it due to the spectacular football they played and because they were one of the best teams in history.

What people usually "remember" first are teams that defined decades of football. This is the case for this Barca team.

However, people still remember teams that won the CL 25 years ago if they are football fans. Certainly if they are fans of the team and/or the league.

Case in point MUnited vs. Bayern, which would be something someone cries about because of "anti-football" but will be remembered as one of the most dramatic victories in the CL.

Yeh that and Istanbul they'll remember due to the final being dramatic and entertaining. However I don't see what was special about Inter/Chelsea winning it.

What was special about Madrid winning it in 2002?
What was special about United winning it in 2009?
What was special about BVB winning in 1997?
What was special about Barca winning it in 2006?
What was special about Juve winning it in 1996?
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:47 pm

“Mourinho is a coach who only cares about the result and lives for that… He says that he is ‘the Special One’ because he has won this and that in so many countries. But I don’t like the way his teams play. Who remembers his Inter team that won the Champions League? For me he hasn’t left a legacy, unlike Cruyff’s Holland team. Di Matteo won the Champions League, but in my view his team offered nothing.”

I just wanted to highlight how he presents this as his own opinion rather than a moral one as some users are trying to paint him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:49 pm

harhar11 wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:I love Xavi, but I am growing tired and weary of this crock of shit that he continues to bring up as his frequent jibes are not justified by any tangible inference.

Where I come from, a brimstone pot of footballing culture; we all remember the Champions League wins of Mourinho's Inter and even Roberto Di Matteo's Chelsea.

-We remember how poor Inter were in the group stages followed by the unconcealed chortles on the thought of them usurping Barca after narrowly scraping through Ancelotti's Chelsea.

David vs Goliath

-We remember the absolute tactical masterclass that was the 1st leg vs Barca in the San Siro, thoroughly and comprehensively outwitting a prime Guardiola team 3-1 and bringing them to their knees.

David vs Goliath

-We remember a 10 man Inter in Camp Nou (result of a poor call) surviving in one of the most disciplined and organized phalanx's ever conjured after an onslaught of possession tiki-taka to which proved a miracle in the end as Mourinho and the Interisti players could not fathom that they survived such an aggressive incursion. It was a miracle.

David vs Goliath

-We remember one of the finest tactical displays in Champions League Final history when Mourinho thoroughly and utterly dismantled an arrogant LvG's Bayern to which was quite literally the perfect match from Inter, Milito's brilliant brace a mere compliment to the tactical finesse on display.

Chelsea?

-Who does not remember this 7th place Chelsea going down 10 men in Camp Nou, raising further convictions that a victory would be merely impossible within that moment? We remember Messi's failed penalty, Chelsea surviving all odds and Torres' shocking round-up goal vs Valdes to seal Barca's fate. It was polarities on expectations to the finest degree. 12 men conquered a 100k+ Cules

David vs Goliath

-Who does not remember Bayern's advantage of their team, form and playing the Champions League Final in their own home? Followed by Didier Drogba's flash in the pan header to power through the Bavarian momentum in the final minutes of the clock?

David vs Goliath

Who remembers when the mental odds stacked against Chelsea when the English were known to falter in penalties while the Germans known to succeed in them, let alone the record of English teams vs Germans? Who remembers Chelsea outclassing the Bavarians right in front of their raucous fans?  

I certainly do.

Football is not only remembered on the basis of aesthetics and dimensions of subjective play, yet based on the moments achieved against the grain, the inertia of odds and expectations that weigh down David as the philistines laugh at his audacity.

Xavi will never realize that until he experiences what the Chelsea and Inter unison faced nor will he understand what has brought the Blue and Nerrazzuri fans together; through the mutual emotions experienced in such an unforeseeable victory over such improbability.

He does not know it.

They do.

It's not really a David and Goliath thing. Inter had won the Serie A for 4 years in row, no(?), and were almost always one of the favourites to win the CL, while Chelsea is almost always one of the top team that spend the most money in transfer, year after year. You can't really call that a David vs Goliath.

A David and Goliath is Porto, with Mou, winning the CL or Greece winning the Euro. Not two of the top teams in the world winning the CL..

The only way that Chelsea's CL win will be remembered is that it will be considered one of the flukiest CL win ever. Not even they know how they won. Every game they were outplayed. Every game the opposite created more than a dozen chances to score and yet failed to capitalize. Every game Chelsea created 1 chance and score 2.

Inter's will be remember more, because unlike Chelsea, they actually defended well. But even then, thanks to how bad they have done after the treble, it feels like alot of people have already forgotten that they won the treble. Heck, they will almost be more remembered for their spectacular fall from the top.

--

And also, bro, if you are going to mention Inter going down to 10 men by a bad call, then maybe you should mention all of the bad calls? Like in the first leg Milito being called offside when he wasn't, later scoring a goal in a offside position and then Barca probably should have had a penalty and then in the 2nd leg, Barca should have had to penalties(one of them so clear that you only had to see Ibra's shirt to know that it was a penalty), Pique arguably scoring in an offside position and Bojan getting a goal wrongly disallowed.

Mourinho's Porto win was considerably overrated if you count the path they faced towards the Champions League final. It consisted of an easy group of a weak Real Madrid as the only notable team, then facing the decades weakest Manchester United in their form and squad, followed by Deportivo and then the already exhausted and out of their depth Monaco; who quite frankly faced higher odds.

Inter winning Serie A under Mancini then Mourinho never counted them as favourites given that Serie A was on its knee during that time, the weakest point in its calibre about Calciopoli.

Inter looked awful within the Champions League group stage, being outplayed 2-0 by Barca (for one) while scraping through all their victories; though also overcoming odds against Premier League winners, in Chelsea.

Greece? Good example.

I respect teams who take their chances under the onslaught of domination as 'flukes' and luck are merely callous to the teams who bank on being clinical when presented to the few but precious chances given to them. In the end, Barca had their chances and failed vs Chelsea; the latter capitalized perfectly.

I won't debate on the calls between Inter-Barca as some of them are subjective while the collective calls favoured both sides, thus Inter's win was justified in the end. Believe me, as a Milan fan I wasn't quite happy either.

Treble? That would be true if Mourinho continued with that side yet its decline came in the form of Benitez' attempts to change it to a possession side, the mass infliction of injuries and the decline due to the players who tumbled down their peak as we both know Mourinho mounts his CL challenges with players on their absolute peak.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:49 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
What was special about Madrid winning it in 2002? Zidane's volley
What was special about United winning it in 2009? Terry slipping and Lampard ping pong esque goal
What was special about BVB winning in 1997?Beating that Juventus side
What was special about Barca winning it in 2006? Dinho in his majestic prime
What was special about Juve winning it in 1996? Really can't remember much about that but I'm sure a Juve fan would tell us

All attempted humour aside, MT is confusing being fondly remembered with just being remembered with the former being a subjective feeling. Even by that standards, the Inter side would be very fondly remembered by more than just Inter fans.

Last edited by Doc on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:50 pm

I like mt I really do, but I wish that guy was normal.

p.s. RDM isn't a defensive coach.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:53 pm

:bow: Xavi saying the truth :bow:
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:55 pm

Doc wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
What was special about Madrid winning it in 2002? Zidane's volley
What was special about United winning it in 2009? Terry slipping and Lampard ping pong esque goal
What was special about BVB winning in 1997?Beating that Juventus side
What was special about Barca winning it in 2006? Dinho in his majestic prime
What was special about Juve winning it in 1996? Really can't remember much about that but I'm sure a Juve fan would tell us

All attempted humour aside, MT is confusing being fondly remembered with just being remembered with the former being a subjective feeling. Even by that standards, the Inter side would be very fondly remembered by more than just Inter fans.

I remember those CL champions for the exact reason as you do Doc Laughing

With the exception of 1996, because, how can you remember BVB beating that Juve team when you don't remember that the same exact team won in 1996 and lost in both 1997 and 1998.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:58 pm

Are these quotes from old interviews or does Xavi only have the vocabulary to put the exact same sentences together?

I mean seriously, does he talk about anything else? Football lost- this, suffering- that. Blah blah blah, old news. Find a hobby Xavi. This obsession is getting old.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:59 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:“Mourinho is a coach who only cares about the result and lives for that… He says that he is ‘the Special One’ because he has won this and that in so many countries. But I don’t like the way his teams play. Who remembers his Inter team that won the Champions League? For me he hasn’t left a legacy, unlike Cruyff’s Holland team. Di Matteo won the Champions League, but in my view his team offered nothing.”

I just wanted to highlight how he presents this as his own opinion rather than a moral one as some users are trying to paint him.

I think what most people have problem with is the line in red.
Xavi is basically saying that Mou did not leave any legacy, which is bound to anger not only Chelsea fans, but also Porto, Inter, Serie A, and EPL fans as well.

I mean, no matter how you cut it in regards to Mou, he has left a legacy, and the fact that Xavi has his pants on a bunch because of him is legacy enough as it is.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:02 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:

I remember those CL champions for the exact reason as you do Doc Laughing

With the exception of 1996, because, how can you remember BVB beating that Juve team when you don't remember that the same exact team won in 1996 and lost in both 1997 and 1998.

No joke, I just can't remember much from it. I would like to think it was because Juventus won it and my mind automatically put it in a place where I can't reach it...because it's Juventus and no one should remember anything positive about them...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:03 pm

Abramovich wrote:I like mt I really do, but I wish that guy was normal.

p.s. RDM isn't a defensive coach.

and even  Mourinho is not Otto Rehangel... ppl tends to exaggerate always the concepts
Mourinho played the Champions con 4 offensive players and the only match where made a whole catenaccio was in Barcellona-Inter 1-0... but all had it done with 1 man in less and a result to defende..
In Inter-Barcellona or Chelsea-Inter  he played " a tactic with restarts" , yes I do not deny it,  but anyway he  created more chances than opponents ...
in Inter-Barca the tie to 1st half was a liar result and in 2nd half of Chelsea-Inter only Inter had chances pratically
Final was different also because Thiago Motta missed ( most Underrated player Inter 's treble , he gave quality to that Inter ) but anyway it was  it was supposed to be interpreted as
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:06 pm

Tbf pretty everyone in La Liga, Serie A and PL hate Mou if they are not Chelsea, Madrid or Inter fans.... heck some Madrid fans hate him lol.

I'm pretty sure they won't have a problem with it, none the less i do agree what he said there was wrong.

Also from those list of CL champions you mentioned i only remember 2006 Barca and i only remembered the final from that season and the reason wasn't Barca related..... the reason i remember it was because Henry missed chance after chance to win his first CL and Arsenal's and failed.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:07 pm

Shed wrote:Saying he doesn't like a particular style or prefers a specific one over other/s is of little controversy. It's everything he else he adds to it that isn't. When you insinuate, as he more or less did, that the style a team plays is in some way determinant of that team's integrity, that a certain style of football is somehow morally superior to any, or even all, others, or that the legitimacy of the accomplishments of a team that played 'his' way is higher than or superior to that of a team playing any other way (ex. 'my team's CL win > Inter's CL win because we played preeetty and they didn't', etc.), that's when he comes off as a bitter and arrogant brat.
You might not like it but that is quite a popular opinion in much of the football world. It's not so much in England and Italy, because in these football cultures winning is the most important thing, but in Spanish and SA football there is definitely an added bonus to winning and what they consider playing well. Even when teams win they will still get criticized by their fans because they play defensively, often referred to as 'playing like a village club'. In these countries, it is a moral argument that great teams are great because they win and they win playing well. And these are arguably the teams that go on to leave a legacy.

The 1974 Netherlands team is more famous and influential than the team that actually went on to win the WC. Of all the winners in the 80s the most famous one is Milan because of their style. 1982 Brazil is remembered more than the WC winners. Champagne football Madrid is another example. Granted, some teams are remembered in history because of precisely the opposite reasons (Herrera's inter, 2004 greece) but Xavi has a point that in all likelihood 30 years from now people will remember Bayern's and Barca's wins more than Inter's and Chelsea's.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:19 pm

congratulations to Milan fans for objectivity, however, despite the rivalry. it is right so even I would say the same thing if there was Milan instead of Inter

David vs Goliath

David vs Goliath

David vs Goliath

Chelsea?

-Who does not remember this 7th place Chelsea going down 10 men in Camp Nou, raising further convictions that a victory would be merely impossible within that moment? We remember Messi's failed penalty, Chelsea surviving all odds and Torres' shocking round-up goal vs Valdes to seal Barca's fate. It was polarities on expectations to the finest degree. 11 men conquered a 100k+ Cules

David vs Goliath

David vs Goliath

I certainly do.

He does not know it.

They do.

I have nothing to add .

Last edited by Robespierre on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:19 pm

I don't get Xavi. Why would the opponent not play counter-attack if it works ? After all football is about winning. If you had tried to play attacking football with Barca in 2009-11 they would have destroyed you.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:40 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

What was special about Madrid winning it in 2002?
What was special about United winning it in 2009?
What was special about BVB winning in 1997?
What was special about Barca winning it in 2006?
What was special about Juve winning it in 1996?

Barca's wins are ranked higher and are more prominent than Inter/Chelsea's wins. If Chelsea/Inter's wins were looked at in depth, you could say Inter's defending was good or Chelsea worked hard as a team etc. However overall there wasn't really anything special aboout Inter/Chelsea that would rank them alongside Barca. Obviously a lot of finals will have something about them that'll make them stand out, however it's not up there with what Barca did.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:48 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Mourinho's Porto win was considerably overrated if you count the path they faced towards the Champions League final. It consisted of an easy group of a weak Real Madrid as the only notable team, then facing the decades weakest Manchester United in their form and squad, followed by Deportivo and then the already exhausted and out of their depth Monaco; who quite frankly faced higher odds.

Inter winning Serie A under Mancini then Mourinho never counted them as favourites given that Serie A was on its knee during that time, the weakest point in its calibre about Calciopoli.

Inter looked awful within the Champions League group stage, being outplayed 2-0 by Barca (for one) while scraping through all their victories; though also overcoming odds against Premier League winners, in Chelsea.

Greece? Good example.

I respect teams who take their chances under the onslaught of domination as 'flukes' and luck are merely callous to the teams who bank on being clinical when presented to the few but precious chances given to them. In the end, Barca had their chances and failed vs Chelsea; the latter capitalized perfectly.

I won't debate on the calls between Inter-Barca as some of them are subjective while the collective calls favoured both sides, thus Inter's win was justified in the end. Believe me, as a Milan fan I wasn't quite happy either.

Treble? That would be true if Mourinho continued with that side yet its decline came in the form of Benitez' attempts to change it to a possession side, the mass infliction of injuries and the decline due to the players who tumbled down their peak as we both know Mourinho mounts his CL challenges with players on their absolute peak.

I remember that back then alot of people used to say that "this year is Inter's year", especially when they signed Mou. Even if they were not THE favourites, Barca and Man Utd were the top 2 favorites, they were one of the top 5. So still, not really David and Goliath thing.

I agree that Porto had a pretty easy ride to the final, but that for me is still a bigger David and Goliath scenario.

Bro, to me if a team creates 10+ chances every game and then for some reason that has nothing to do with the defending team, i.e miss by themselves without any pressure, that's just plain luck.

For me, while Inter only defended in the 2nd leg, ignoring the bad calls, there was no luck involved. Inter defended brilliantly. Barca created like just 2 chances the entire game.That for me is a well deserved win, even if they used a style I very much dislike.

And I agree with what you said about the referees bad call. I just mentioned it cause I thought that if you mention 1, then you should mention all the questionable decisions i.e not be selective.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sree999 Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:08 pm

chelsea under mouthrinho management has been one of the dullest teams to watch . how many of you remember the thuggery of his teams

2006 UCL QF

few minutes after that the prick del horno again went for messi and got  red .

mouthrinho opened his septic tank mouth and told messi was acting . hmm  :brickwall: 

what is common to all morinho teams ? Dull defensive football and aggressiveness.

His teams are characterized by clogging , shirt pulling , aggressive challenges  ( sometimes mental esp pepe ramos terry )  , highly opportunistic  direct football  , a preference to athleticism over skill .

how many of his players won wpy ?

it was ronaldhino and arsenal that kept my passion for football alive those days .

only exception was real where he had to play good football (real dosent like bulldog mentality)  and didnt have the set of players who could play his brand of defensive football ( esp ronaldo)

what do neutral fans all over world want to see => joga bonito . that the reason why brazil is revered all round the world and unlike european "dull" teams .

fact of matter chelsea win is one flukiest win of all time . its as simple as that .

ya bayern was humilation . but they played stunning football and won . so no complaints .

i hope in future the south american economy gets stronger and their star players stay in there and develop .so that non of them have to come to  european teams coached by mourinhoesque managers .

l
sree999
sree999
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:26 pm

sree999 wrote:chelsea under mouthrinho management has been one of the dullest teams to watch . how many of you remember the thuggery of his teams

2006 UCL QF

few minutes after that the prick del horno again went for messi and got  red .

mouthrinho opened his septic tank mouth and told messi was acting . hmm  :brickwall: 

what is common to all morinho teams ? Dull defensive football and aggressiveness.

His teams are characterized by clogging , shirt pulling , aggressive challenges  ( sometimes mental esp pepe ramos terry )  , highly opportunistic  direct football  , a preference to athleticism over skill .

how many of his players won wpy ?

it was ronaldhino and arsenal that kept my passion for football alive those days .

only exception was real where he had to play good football (real dosent like bulldog mentality)  and didnt have the set of players who could play his brand of defensive football ( esp ronaldo)

what do neutral fans all over world want to see => joga bonito . that the reason why brazil is revered all round the world and unlike european "dull" teams .

fact of matter chelsea win is one flukiest win of all time . its as simple as that .

ya bayern was humilation . but they played stunning football and won . so no complaints .

i hope in future the south american economy gets stronger and their star players stay in there and develop .so that non of them have to come to  european teams coached by mourinhoesque managers .

l

That awkward moment when you realized that Mou's Inter made less fouls than almost everyone they played against including Barca.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:23 pm

izzy wrote:
harhar11 wrote:Why is he a bitch?

Was Klopp a bitch for saying that he doesnt like barcas style? Was Mou a bitch for criticizing spains style in the last euro? Or are the english bitches for criticizing the italians back in the days and now criticizing spain?

He's a bitch because he's complaining about another persons legacy.
He's a bitch because he's complaining about teams that BEAT him on route to winning trophies.
He's bitch because that's some elitist shit and no one wants to hear that shit.

Did Klopp question Barcas legacy?
Did Mou question Spains legacy?
Did the English question Italys legacy?

Xavi Hernandez is a bitch.

Lol he's a bitch because he keeps repeating this same topic, ffs it's 2014 now get the fack over it

I don't even like Mourinho lol but honestly I'm bored of hearing Xavi complaining about this guy's football
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:00 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:“Mourinho is a coach who only cares about the result and lives for that… He says that he is ‘the Special One’ because he has won this and that in so many countries. But I don’t like the way his teams play. Who remembers his Inter team that won the Champions League? For me he hasn’t left a legacy, unlike Cruyff’s Holland team. Di Matteo won the Champions League, but in my view his team offered nothing.”

I think what most people have problem with is the line in red.
Xavi is basically saying that Mou did not leave any legacy, which is bound to anger not only Chelsea fans, but also Porto, Inter, Serie A, and EPL fans as well.

I mean, no matter how you cut it in regards to Mou, he has left a legacy, and the fact that Xavi has his pants on a bunch because of him is legacy enough as it is.

Lets take away are hate glasses off Xavi, Mou, Anti-football, tiki-taka, attack, defines, etc.

I think what he means is leaving something behind for the club to build on. If we look at Cruyff impact in Barcelona, he won us the first European cup and he helped us build a new style of play and bought in his philosophy/principal that still is living on today within the club. Even Pep has said it many times Barcelona tray are here because of Cruyff. Can you say Mou did the at any of his clubs now? From what I see his he if he wins everything at the club he leaves. I honestly believe this is because he knows he'll fail the next year if he remains there, or when we reach the 3rd year he has a falling out with players/staff/board/etc and leaves. This is what I believe Xavi meant he leaves nothing for the club to build on for the future. You don't need to play tiki-taka or set that up at another club, but something that can benefit them in the future.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next