Crystal Palace 0 - 2 Arsenal: We won. Somehow.

+13
urbaNRoots
Twoism
Wilson37
SamuelJayC
DuringTheWar
Chumlum
lenear1030
REWB
sportsczy
RealGunner
beatrixasdfghjk.
Raptorgunner
Jay29
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Crystal Palace 0 - 2 Arsenal: We won. Somehow.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0 - 2 Arsenal: We won. Somehow.

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:12 pm

I'd love to see this team

Viviano

Jenkinson - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Monreal

Hayden - Frimpong

Gnabry - Zelalem/Wilshere- Miyaichi

Bendtner

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Crystal Palace 0 - 2 Arsenal: We won. Somehow.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0 - 2 Arsenal: We won. Somehow.

Post by silver Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:12 pm

I actually thought Arteta was a clear red card. He does that sort of tactical fouling all the time as he knows he can't keep up. Not that Chamakh is the fastest player in the world or anything. Had Chamakh got past Arteta, he had one unmarked teammate in the centre and the next Arsenal player was well back. If it was the other way round, I would have demanded a red too.

My concern is we are already tired from playing CL mid week and we had to exert a lot of energy when down to 10 men. We need to rest almost every first team player for Chelsea even if it means getting knocked out. We cannot have a first half against Liverpool/Manchester United like we did against Crystal Palace.

Also thought Monreal did well when he came on. He needs to be played more.

silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:13 pm

Wilson37 wrote:and this is what home support means.. the crowd were behind them even when they went 0-1 behind.. our fans would have switched off and become silent..
and those who say our fans deserve more from the team.. Palace are 19th after losing 5 continuous games and have no chance of winning anything.. if so, how should the fans of PL leaders, CL group toppers should have reacted against Dortmund after a demolition against Norwich ?

and...
#CrystalPalace fans applauded #ArseneWenger when #Arsenal were leaving the field after the game.

That's a massive salute to their fans who were too much vocal in bits and pieces.
To be fair our home fans pay far far more to watch Arsenal matches, plus they're not allowed to stand and still have a better atmosphere than the likes of Chelsea, City and United but I agree with the general opinion. Too many glory hunters and new age fans in the big stadiums in England.

inb4armchairfan
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:30 pm

Interesting that watching RVP made you critical of Giroud, REWB given that van Persie has been utter garbage this season Laughing 

Cannot wait for our wingers to be back, then this 5-man midfield doesn't have to go on. We're missing that width on the flanks, it's somehow gotten us this far but we need the versatility, the option of switching our style vs different opponents. Two weeks. bounce 
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:39 pm

The key difference for the atmosphere is whether the singing fans are allowed to congregate into one are and if they can stand or not. At the Emirates, we've got the North end but they're not allowed to stand, and those sorts of fans are being priced out.

Palace have a designated area for these fans, as does several stadiums around Europe. The majority of the noise comes from that area and that fills in the quiet periods you get at every ground. The other parts of the stadium join in when they feel like it.

It's a matter of the fans and club working together to improve the atmosphere.

Incidentally, I think the atmosphere at the Emirates has been good this season. Bar the Villa game, the crowd have been positive and have stuck with their team.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:07 pm

Giroud has been unreal, who is RIP? he has been working his ass off, defenders dont want to deal with him again after facing him already.

Can we try Monreal as second striker? lol he was all over the place. Such great player to have off the bench. Proud
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:06 am

Arsene said team will be 80-90% PL Players for COC game but surely those who deserve rest will sit out

so hopefully much better performance next week
just when i was thinking this is only palace so we can get away with committing so many players forward Arteta got sent off

Sz got away with one corner that he flapped and missed out in 1st half but then made up for that with those saves

go easy on Santi and Mesut they werent at their best physically

our disciplinary record has been awful in last 2-3 years before that we used to top that table

Arseblog wrote:18 - Number of red cards Arsenal have been given since Ramsey’s leg was broken
6 - Wins Arsenal have managed in those 18 games
5 - Draws Arsenal have managed in those 18 games
7 - Losses Arsenal have managed in those 18 games
4 - Wins Arsenal have managed with a man down in the last 5 attempts (only loss: 1-3 Villa)
2 - Number of red cards Man U have been given in the last 2 seasons (plus the first 9 games of this season)
7 - Number of red cards Arsenal have been given in the same time
105 – Letters in the phrase “Arteta’s ‘foul’ can’t be a red card because there’s no such thing as an obvious goalscoring opportunity when Chamakh has the ball”
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:08 am

also wish Arsene forced Gibbo to work on his right foot
the way cuts in then cant take advantage of it is such a waste
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:02 am

105 – Letters in the phrase “Arteta’s ‘foul’ can’t be a red card because there’s no such thing as an obvious goalscoring opportunity when Chamakh has the ball”

lol'd
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:39 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:The key difference for the atmosphere is whether the singing fans are allowed to congregate into one are and if they can stand or not. At the Emirates, we've got the North end but they're not allowed to stand, and those sorts of fans are being priced out.

Palace have a designated area for these fans, as does several stadiums around Europe. The majority of the noise comes from that area and that fills in the quiet periods you get at every ground. The other parts of the stadium join in when they feel like it.

It's a matter of the fans and club working together to improve the atmosphere.

Incidentally, I think the atmosphere at the Emirates has been good this season. Bar the Villa game, the crowd have been positive and have stuck with their team.
not really.. the atmosphere for the Dortmund game was poor.. and you expect to have some advantage in CL home games.. you play your home match like that go away to Dortmund, players will know what is to be at your home.. have some pride guys, we are a big club, and express it especially against non PL teams.. when fans of crystal Palace can cheer like that, why cant you ?
as each day passes, i am getting more frustrated with the home support.. the team has done well this season so far.. so i is big time the fans up their support at home.. no wonder we are having poor results at the Emirates in the last 2-3 years..
and i dont agree excusing our fans because they pay more.. they pay to watch football games in the best stadium in the country.. it is better they sit home and watch and save their money, if they cant cheer at the stadium..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:19 am

on being surprised at how long the grass was…
No we expect that everywhere we go. I will soon have a pitch at home with long grass to practice for when we play away from home.

on the significance of being top...
It is a good feeling without any massive significance but we had an opportunity to put pressure on all the others who race for the title and we did our job. Unfortunately we lost Flamini today and hopefully it will not be for too long. It was a groin problem. I don't know how long it will be.

on the belief of winning the title...
We always had a high level of aspiration.It is people who do not believe that we have a chance but the only thing we can do is win our games. The only thing which is important is every win makes you a bit stronger and strengthens the belief. We have difficult games coming up, and that will be a good test, but I am confident.

on the player's belief...
We are ambitious and want to do as well as we can. You can see that these players are focused. Even when the legs go a little bit, they keep their head and that is always a sign of ambition in the team. We want to win with style but unfortunately it is not always possible.

on if he's worried about fatigue...
You worry about fatigue a little bit, but not too much. Sometimes when you play every three days you look tired and then in three days you are flying again. It goes a bit in cycles.

on the team he will play against Chelsea...
I will rotate against Chelsea, yes, but play with a team as well who has a good chance to qualify, that will be the target.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:10 pm

Gif of the "foul" that drew a red card for Arteta.

Ridiculous.:
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:32 pm

Mikel Arteta has hit out at the red card shown to him by referee Chris Foy yesterday.
The dismissal left Arsenal down to 10 men for the last half an hour of the game, but Arteta says that not only was the decision harsh, but it was Marouane Chamakh who did the kicking.
“Chamakh kicks my right foot, I have seen it on television,” he told Arsenal Player. “It is 40 yards away from goal too.
“It is true that I tried to block him with my hand but then he came with his left foot into my right calf and then we were both on the floor. It was never a tackle from me.
“When we scored the first we were on top of the game, that decision changed the game and we were in trouble. But thankfully we held the result, we scored a second and we won the game.”
The Spaniard will now miss the midweek game against Chelsea but is available for the visit of the Mugsmashers next weekend.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:17 pm

sounds like a meh performance, only positive thing we can draw from this is the clean sheet.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:34 pm

Arsenal fans before (http://telly.com/1CKKOVL ) & after (http://telly.com/1CKL61C ) Arteta's penalty at Palace. Brilliant. Via @JonnyMeah
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2