McAgger
Juveman17
dmize
The Franchise
izzy
22 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:37 pm

I guess I would say I watch two games a night and about 3-4 times a week. Some weeks maybe just 2 games, other weeks 5. Honestly, I just pick the most interesting game which is on at the time or someone I have not watched in a while/are playing especially well at the time.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by dmize Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:45 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:Fun to watch isn't exactly a world away from "entertaining to watch" mate Laughing
What does this even mean rofl

For the 2nd time, I believe my quote was "not the most entertaining", implying that entertaining basketball wasn't their strong suit. Also fun to watch does not imply that they are the most entertaining. :facepalm: Jesus christ man. They fit the young, and young star player part of RGs question, and I can think of plenty of less entertaining teams.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:48 pm

I can honestly say I won't be watching many Celtics games for more than maybe 10min or whenever I can no longer stand the putrid basketball they will be playing without Rondo, KG or Pierce.

I'm gonna get League Pass again. Pistons, Rockets, Thunder, Clippers and still thinking on the last one.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:54 pm

Speaking of the Rockets, I really really hope Mchale realises he has to put Lin on the bench.

Patrick Beverly is really really good defensively (youtube the preseason game vs Pelicans, he ripped Holiday 4 times in a matter of minutes) plus, Lin is much better when he gets to run the offence and play pick and roll freely.

Bring him off the bench when Harden is sitting and the 2nd unit is in so he can control things and be that spark. I said a long time he is a back up point guard and I think he should get that role and make it his own asap.

Him, Brooks, Brewer, Jones or Monte (whichever doesnt start, I assume Monte knowing McHale) and Camby/Smith.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:10 am

Beverly is such a better PG for that team.

That Canaan kid they just drafted could probably run their offense better than Lin.

So is Asik coming off the bench to start the year? I know I read Morey won't trade him.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:31 am

No idea.

He hasnt played in any preseason games because of injury and I am quite sure he will refuse to come off the bench when he returns anyway.

I think we will trade him, Morey is just trying not to appear desperate so we dont get completely shafted in the deal.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:39 am

In honor of their showdown in two weeks time, a little throwback Proud

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:40 am

I expect Heat to run right through them if Rose plays.

I can see it now, him trying to go hero mode only to be exposed as not ready while the Bulls forget how much success they had playing team ball without him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:44 am

The Franchise wrote:I expect Heat to run right through them if Rose plays.

I can see it now, him trying to go hero mode only to be exposed as not ready while the Bulls forget how much success they had playing team ball without him.
I don't know man, I think they will be much better right off the bat with him.. He say's he feels better than ever also.. I still expect him to play conservatively, but even a conservative Rose is better than anything they had offensively last year
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:47 am

Yeah, I dont believe him. He jumps 5inches higher now despite having a torn ACL and putting on 20lbs of muscle...sounds like bs to me.

We have to see.

I think the biggest impact will be on his teammates, without him they all were forced to be more aggresive and look for things more. If they go back to over-relying on him like they did that playoff series vs the Heat, his return doesnt help them as much as it should.

But yeah, lets see. Its one of the intresting story lines of the year anyway.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:55 am

I think Thibs will iron everything out.. They look good in preseason..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:00 pm

Yeah I'm doubtful too about the claim of 5 more inches on his VL.

Knee ligament surgery has been known to strengthen the tendons and slightly increase leap, but a 5in increase on an already ridiculously athletic guy?

Hope the Celtics can get this guy in a year esp. if Rondo leaves. He's from Boston too. Shook the hell outta CP3 at :45 : o
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:05 pm

Thanks for the help guys. Really appreciate it.

From all the information, i have narrowed it down to Golden State Warriors and the Pelicans. Perhaps i should try and watch both and see who my 'heart' goes with?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:21 pm

RealGunner wrote:Thanks for the help guys. Really appreciate it.

From all the information, i have narrowed it down to Golden State Warriors and the Pelicans. Perhaps i should try and watch both and see who my 'heart' goes with?
Pistons > Pelicans. Trust on that.

Pistons got it all:
-Much more fun to watch than NO, hell just Drummond alone is worth watching them every night.
-Young all-star potential players in Monroe and Drummond.
-While not a top team, they will experience more success than New Orleans. Possibly as high as 5th or 6th in the East.
-Added one of the best SF/PFs in bball in the offseason in Josh Smith.
-Traded their bum 1 trick pony PG for a lesser bum who can at least do other things on the court besides shoot.
-Signed Italian MVP Luigi Datome in the offseason. Last 2 that came over were Bargnani and Gallo so he may be very good.
-New coach and coaching staff with Hall of Famer Sheed Wallace.
-One of the most beloved Pistons ever, Chauncey Billups returning to the Pistons to close out his career.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:34 pm

The Franchise wrote:Vlade Divac on the best 5 Euro players of all time

Petrovic, Stojakovic, Nowitzki, Sabonis and Gasol.

Agree?

I think take out Stojakovic for Parker

Good list. I was and still am, a huge fan of Arvydas Sabonis. The guy came over at like 31 with 2 blown knees and still put All-Star numbers.

Wish I coulda saw him in his mid 20's.

in no order Id go
Petrovic
Sabonis
Nowitzki
Parker
Gasol

After that Detlef Schrempf, Peja Stojakowic, Toni Kukoc and probably Vlade after them. Could be missing someone though

edit: obligatory Detlef Schrempf Parks and Rec clip:
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:37 pm

RG watch the Knicks! Very Happy, it's going to be an incredibly fun season. We're younger, deeper and overall better team than we've been in about 20 years.

I'd say knicks or warriors will be the most entertaining teams to watch this season. Neither will win anything I don't think but they'll both go out in blazes of glory
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:46 pm

dmize wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Vlade Divac on the best 5 Euro players of all time

Petrovic, Stojakovic, Nowitzki, Sabonis and Gasol.

Agree?

I think take out Stojakovic for Parker

Good list. I was and still am, a huge fan of Arvydas Sabonis. The guy came over at like 31 with 2 blown knees and still put All-Star numbers.

Wish I coulda saw him in his mid 20's.

in no order Id go
Petrovic
Sabonis
Nowitzki
Parker
Gasol

After that Detlef Schrempf, Peja Stojakowic, Toni Kukoc and probably Vlade after them. Could be missing someone though

edit: obligatory Detlef Schrempf Parks and Rec clip:
:bow: Completely agree.

I seen some footage of his younger days in the Olympic games, he was never an athlete in the mold of Robinson, The Dream or Shaq but he was much more mobile than by the time he got to the NBA and was highly skilled and smart. Superb passer...many euro bigs have some great passing skills, nor more so than him and Divac. Im sure there is footage somewhere of him completely dominating Robinson, though he was in college at that time to be fair.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:04 pm

And yes RG, I think you should just watch a few teams and one will draw you more than the others im sure.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:31 pm

Raptorgunner with wishful thoughts Laughing

No way the Knicks are going to be the "most entertaining team" to watch this season. Not when you still have JR, Melo & Felton. All 3 can be entertaining to watch, but the only person almost certain to dazzle you more often than not is Melo. JR's knucklehead to OMG ratio is 5:1 Laughing

...and Felton is....well...Felton.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:00 pm

Can't stand felton and if Woodson knows what he's doing hell bench him for either Prigioni or Beno Udrih, both better point guards who should get the ball moving. They don't take stupid shots either. We already have enough shooters doing that lol

And by entertaining I mean will find amazing ways to loose games and win games we shouldn't in ridiculous manors just like last season. We have the talent to disappoint massively and amaze at the same time

We just have a lot of X factors that could go one way or the other that should make the season interesting to watch whether the result is good or bad at times.

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:03 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:

RG watch the Knicks! Very Happy, it's going to be an incredibly fun season. We're younger, deeper and overall better team than we've been in about 20 years.

I'd say knicks or warriors will be the most entertaining teams to watch this season. Neither will win anything I don't think but they'll both go out in blazes of glory
rofl

That's a myth like unicorns
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:09 pm

Entertainment value is an individual preference. RG, you should just watch some games, and see which parts of the game you like the most, and decide from there. Unless you 'fall in love' with a team in those games.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:46 pm

Why did I mistake Vendetta for Raptorgunner? Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:02 pm

Honestly not all that hopeful, The most valuable nba franchise and Our team is just barely good after a decade of being an utter joke. We have to reminisce to the times when we where chokers in the 90s..  Let me live my fantasy pls lol

And Miami is just gonna win it all anyway. OKC management screwed any hopes of any other team than Miami winning
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:08 pm

Durant isn't going to beat any Lebron led team in the playoffs for the next 3 years. Guaranteed.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:35 pm

Intresting thought...could be.

But I mean, in 3 years Wade could look like Ginobli in the playoffs just passed.

Even so, it would take OKC getting more talent. They really have screwed up the roster talentwise.

Green and Perkins looks worse and worse by the day and Harden looks like he has been traded for almost nothing. If Ibaka doesnt take strides this season in his ability to create shots for himself (off the dribble facing up or back to the basket) then really you have to worry.

Also, Durant is getting upset and angry, pilling up techs and stuff...but seems completely ignorant to the fact Westbrook leads the league in shot attempts lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next