McAgger
Juveman17
dmize
The Franchise
izzy
22 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:16 pm

Thing with Shaq though is he would usually make his shots in play due to his ridiculous physical attributes and will and heart to win..

Even if he misses the FTs he'd still make the shots in play and not just get fouled and get nothing..... Not the case with Howard who quite obviously despite having the appearance of a physical freak inside all of that is a pre teen child.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:21 pm

Oh no question, there is no comparing them at all. Howard is so far away from him its untrue. The only comparing them is their FT shooting and even then I give the edge to Shaq because he made them in clutch situations...Howard is running away faster than he gets up and down the court in transition defence Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:25 pm

Paul George and Roy Hibbert or Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah? Which 2 would you take?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:49 pm

Paul George and Roy Hibbert.

Bigger, offers more offensively and arguably defensively...although Noah is very good on defense its not big enough to say i'd take him and Rose due to the fact that both George and Hibbert are better at both ends overall. Although Rose at his best would probably have the edge on offense he's just not on George's level defensively.

There is a part of me that says maybe i'm being a prisoner of the moment though as George and Hibbert are performing much much better at this point in time.

By the way when i say the offer more offensively and defensively i meant as a duo compared i think there's an argument to be made that you could take Rose offensively and Noah defensively but George offers more defensively while offering offensive skills and vice versa for Hibbert.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:53 pm

Are you saying that because Rose is not back at his best yet? because at peak he was a game changer by himself, although he is not yet back there (at least athletically he is fine).

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:59 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Are you saying that because Rose is not back at his best yet? because at peak he was a game changer by himself, although he is not yet back there (at least athletically he is fine).

Pretty much yeah but even at his best i'd say Paul George now offers more defensively than he did but he's not the explosive pocket rocket that Rose was before injury.

But as i said i'm pretty sure there's a part of me that's being a prisoner of the moment.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:09 am

I think I have to go George and Hibbert too tbh. And Noah is my favorite center.

But its a tough one.

Hibbert gives you -

Scoring in the post with hooks or getting deep post position
Closing off the paint defensively from the weakside or the strongside
Post defence
Rebounding

Noah gives you -

Beating him man up and down the court in transition to get easy buckets
Post passing
Elite pick and roll defence
Shot blocking
ability to guard smaller players on switches

Hibbert lacks Noah's mobilty, but Hibbert is better at guarding post up scorers.

I think Hibbert gives you more offensively, but Noah's underrated passing makes it closer than you might think.

Assuming Rose gets back to his old level and assuming George's start to the season is not just him having a hot streak but the player he really is....its really really close. George obviously completely trumps him defensively. No point directly comparing their offensive games, but I will say this...I think theoretically Paul George has a better chance of defending Rose than visa versa. But its always hard comparing a guard to a forward.

I normally would say Rose is the more explosive scorer...but is he? George is putting up numbers.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:14 am

Its a tough one because at their best there's clear areas of eachothers game where the other guy is better.

To take George and Hibbert you are giving up a lot of things and vice versa.

The main thing that attracted me to George and Hibbert in the first place is their size on top of their defensive ability having an offensive game.... they are more complete looking at the bigger picture and cover more bases when your looking to build a team.

But as Nick said Rose at his best is a gamechanger that neither George or Hibbert really are despite all their fantastic qualities and when gamechanging Rose comes back i might just change my mind.

But for now i'm sticking with the Pacers duo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:18 am

I would love the Pacers and Bulls to play each other in a series.

Nets and the Heat in the other.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:21 am

Great minds think alike Laughing

Pierce and KG getting it into Ray Allen Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:29 am

I would take the Pacers or the Bulls over the Nets tbh. I know they're both better teams than the Nets but KG and Pierce irk my soul! Of the 3 I'd gladly take the Bulls first though, but we're probably going to have to play 2 of those 3.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:36 am

Wouldn't be surprised if the Nets lost 1st round tbh
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:19 am

Stephen Adams: 17, 10 and 3 blocks.

Lamb with 10 points in 16 minutes. Both are legit. Jackson, Lamb, Collison, Adams were +80 for the game Shocked

Harden trade not looking as lopsided anymore
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:26 am

dmize wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if the Nets lost 1st round tbh
If Pierce is injured or old or just crap, then I agree.

Despite all the players they have, I think he is the one of the most value. Even over Lopez.

Because every game I have seen so far, when they need someone to create a basket it has only been him.

Johnson has hit a couple shots, but they were created for him. He will struggle to create a shot because he holds the ball too long and waits. Plus he just isnt crafty enough and in the end, will always take a tough fadaway.

Pierce is still capable of attacking and getting FT's, pull up, go left or right, post or fade.

Lopez is crucial to their overall efforts, because scoring centers are so rare, but just like today, he is going to struggle to get the ball down the stretch. For whatever reason, they just arent going to him in the post with the game on the line.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:33 am

Yeah, I think it depends on how well Pierce plays come playoff time and their bench. Deron has to be on his game as well. But their bench should be doing more, I haven't watched all their games but why is Kirilenko only playing 13 minutes a night? Their second unit will get killed in the playoffs. Alan Anderson Laughing
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:56 pm

Kirilenko came back from injury, I forget which, but they have kept his minutes way down since his return.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:09 pm

did you guys catch Rudy Gay vs Paul George last night? was a bit of fun, Gay even played some defense on george, getting some blocks and some drives to the rim. And then PG took over the 3rd quarter and buried the game. That kid is turning into such a stud
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:00 pm

The Franchise wrote:
RonaldoGreatestEverRM wrote:
The Franchise wrote::facepalm:

Obviously, the shit stats are the regular season ones which have no real meaning. Did I really need to explain that?
I was joking, come on.

Hey, If you prefer Finals Stats:

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/779490789.png?1370716141

You downplaying my stats by showing a pic of the 2001 first 3 Rounds :facepalm:

Kobe's actual stats all 3 championship years:
2000: 23/6/5 47 FG%
2001: 28/6/5 46 FG%
2002: 25/5/5 47 FG%

Shaq, aka the most dominant player ever/the greatest peak player ever:
2000: 30/14/4 58 FG%
2001: 29/13/4 57 FG%
2002: 27/11/3 58 FG%

Shaq the man :bow:

Definition of:

http://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/4920970629_7fb8758dbc-jpg.jpe

Its a well known fact Kobe was a Top 10 Player those years, and could have easily been replaced by other stars like T-Mac, Iverson, KG or even Pierce/Dirk in 2002.

"KOBE GOT 5 RINGZ THO" Ugh, what a great indicator of his actual play those years.... guess thats Kobetards for ya.

Like, why are all these Messi Fans, Kobe fans when it comes to Basketball?? With Messi they have a point to make, but with Kobe they lose all their credibility, posting pics of some time period, making smileys, irrelevant sweet narratives, etc.
You know what is funny, even Shaq doesnt say he carried Kobe. Even though he hated him, he was not saying that. And yet, haters still cant bring themselves to see it.

The only people who discredit Kobe's rings are people who dont play, media and fanboys, funny aint it? Every single player who speaks out the issue speaks completely differently and give his due respect, even though many of them probably hate him for his arrogance.

You speak like someone who didnt watch the games.

Everyone knows how dominate Shaq was. But tell me, what happened when Shaq fouled out in the finals vs the Pacers?

Oh yeah, Kobe took over.

Looks like a role player here indeed lol

Replace Kobe with Iverson or McGrady? Yeah, the Lakers probably still wins..the others, your having a complete laugh. But even if it was true, what exactly does that mean? Does that make Kobe less great?

Your showing Kobe's stats for the 3 years like they are bad lol

They completely disprove your "role player" nonesense point.

Kobe fans always relying on quotes and shit. The most manipulated way to portray a player.

Of course, the routine game 4 "takeover" I always get as respond... smh

His Stats opposed to Shaq's CLEARLY show who carried who, and who was by far the best each run. This wasnt some 1A/1B thing, only for the 1st 3 Rounds in 01.

Kobe's 2000 Finals:
G2: 9 Minutes, 2 Points 1-3.
G5: 8 Points, 4-20.
G6: 26 Points, 8-27.

When you have more shot attempts than points, that couldnt have been a good game, not a good sign.
Now get this, they won G6, which supposed star player has that big margin of error, only Kobe, throughout his entire career taking out 04-07. Kobe can shoot 40% each and every finals series yet be 5-7 in the Finals.... while other all time greats outshoot their teammates, year in year out Kobe is outshot collectively by his teammates...
A true great carrying his team, Wilt Chamberlain:

'60 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .380 from the field. Lose game six of EDF's.

'61 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .332 from the field. Lose in 1st round.

'62 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .354 from the field. Lose in game seven of EDF's.

'64 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .383 from the field. Lose in game five of Finals.

'65 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .413 from the field. Lose in game seven of EDF's.

'66 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .352 from the field. Lose in game five of EDF's.

'67 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .428 from the field. Wins Title

'68 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .416 from the field. Lose in game seven of EDF's.

'69 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .421 from the field. Lose geme seven of Finals.

'70 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .469 from the field. Lose game seven of Finals.

'71 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .446 from the field. Lose game five of WCF's.

'72 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .414 from the field. Wins Title.

'73 Playoffs. Teammates collectively shoot .446 from the field. Lose game five of Finals

Kobe wouldn't sniff the finals with this type of production from his teammates, same way he can't be argued top 10 all time.
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:23 pm

Nobody carried anyone, anyone who actually watched the series knows this.

I am afraid your wall of stats is wasted on me, I only read your first few sentances.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:16 am

Iverson...

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 21 Tumblr_lpho1uGYwR1qzjix8
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:07 am

Lopez and Hibbert having a great old school big man battle right now.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:39 am

Hibbert is just standing back in the perimeter and knocking down that jumper.... almost like he's saying to Lopez you better come away from the rim as i can make these shots lol.

Interesting battle so far.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:58 am

Probably been said before a million times but David West shooting technique is so smooth.

So easy on the eyes, he hardly moves at all but so accurate with it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:15 am

Johnson on flames in the 3rd, not even George can check him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:22 am

KG :bow:

Think Pacers need to get Hibbert back on.... Lopez is going to be dominant against anyone out there at the moment.

And as i type this they do just that Laughing dat foresight ffs.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:24 am

Stephenson is a beast, creating off the dribble, passing, catching and shooting and offensive rebounding to go with the usual bout of tough defence.

They dont even remotely need Granger. They would be better off trading him for 2/3 who is more than happy to come off the bench for 20-25 minutes and a better starting point guard.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next