B-Mac
7amood11
Tomwin Lannister
DeviAngel
marottalad
44 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Carlos Tevez Appreciation Thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: Carlos Tevez Appreciation Thread

Post by futbol Sat 19 Sep - 23:00:41

He is doing that for YEARS. Laughing If anything Martin Tyler is trying to copy South American commentators. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Carlos Tevez Appreciation Thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: Carlos Tevez Appreciation Thread

Post by Art Morte Thu 29 Oct - 0:01:37

Went back home too early. Made all the difference in Juventus' attack. More talented than Aguero, imo, but made some poor career choices.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu 29 Oct - 11:13:02

How so?

He's always wanted to retire early and wanted to retire playing for Boca.

Proved his quality for every team he played for in Europe.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu 29 Oct - 20:52:59

Red Alert wrote:How so?

He's always wanted to retire early and wanted to retire playing for Boca.

Proved his quality for every team he played for in Europe.

Because some people just can't accept a player's wishes or will

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 29 Oct - 21:56:16

I just think Tevez didn't leave enough of a mark for the calibre of player he is.

Two years at Man United was a short stay and ended somewhat disappointingly.

His four years at Man City was his longest stint at a European club, but he didn't leave any sort of legacy there. If anything his Man City years were marred by a transfer request and that Bayern Munich incident which resulted in Tevez going on a 'gardening leave' and City trying to unsuccessfully sell him in January 2012.

Then joined Juventus in 2013 for two seasons only.

He was great at all three clubs, but when you think of other special players like him, I can't think of a single name who would have left behind them as small and vague a legacy.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 29 Oct - 22:07:33

FFS, it's not like he went to Qatar. He went to his childhood club. If this were a European club he would be getting praised for it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 29 Oct - 22:09:38

It's cool, but even if we look only at the time he did spend in Europe, I just think he could have done more with it. It was very start-stop-start-stop.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri 30 Oct - 16:34:47

He greatly wasted his time at Man City.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 30 Oct - 17:24:15

Ever thought that he wasn't that good? In England his time won't be looked at anything special unlike Aguero.

Lord Spencer wrote:He greatly wasted his time at Man City.

Eh? as far as England goes it was the best part of his career by a mile lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri 30 Oct - 17:30:37

I agree with Art that for such a talented player he really didn't leave that big of a mark as he should have. His legacy won't be helped either by him sucking at NT level in his prime.

When he first moved to City I thought finally we'll see him shine for reals after having to play 3rd fiddle to Rooney and CR, and he did shine in his first 2 seasons. But then Mancini and him fell out and he wasted 2 years basically being irrelevant until Juve.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 30 Oct - 17:32:27

Meh i think he did all he could with the ability he had tbh, his talent is vastly overhyped because of how aggressive and hard working he is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri 30 Oct - 17:39:18

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Meh i think he did all he could with the ability he had tbh, his talent is vastly overhyped because of how aggressive and hard working he is.

Agree, but had to strikout 'vastly' because you have an extreme knack of exaggerating things.

But hard work goes a long way in gaining people's respect.
Tevez has my respect Molenation
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 30 Oct - 17:41:44

Meh i just say the things people are afraid to admit :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri 30 Oct - 18:10:07

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Meh i think he did all he could with the ability he had tbh, his talent is vastly overhyped because of how aggressive and hard working he is.

I disagree. Suarez is aggressive and hard working, but no one's talking about those as his important qualities. If anything, at Juventus Tevez showed his versatility, by becoming a hybrid between a playmaker and striker. For instance, I don't think Aguero could do that.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri 30 Oct - 18:14:18

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Meh i just say things that are wrong :coffee:

fixed :coffee:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri 30 Oct - 18:21:50

Let's face it.
Mole has a limited horizon of experience, yet likes to make global judgements.
I'm not sure how many games he saw of Tevez playing for Juve, I assume not more than be counted on 2 hands, but he was underwhelming in the PL so he's not that good.

Boateng couldn't make it at City neither, you know. Vastly overrated.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri 30 Oct - 20:12:19

Hapless_Hans wrote:Let's face it.
Mole has a limited horizon of experience, yet likes to make global judgements.
I'm not sure how many games he saw of Tevez playing for Juve, I assume not more than be counted on 2 hands, but he was underwhelming in the PL so he's not that good.

Boateng couldn't make it at City neither, you know. Vastly overrated.

+1
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri 30 Oct - 21:46:24

Honestly, when I first saw him at Boca during my broad football watching years, he was quite skillful on the ball. He was always a workaholic but he showed skill a lot. He went England and like all that skill went right out the window.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 30 Oct - 22:37:57

He is and was a very good player but he wasn't a 'special' player. Not everyone who is talented possess that talent at the same level. He isn't better than Suarez and he never was, but it doesn't make him a bad player.

He had a career to his level. At United he was 3rd fiddle because he wasn't better than Ronaldo or Rooney. Not because he was treated as a 3rd fiddle. At City he failed to leave a mark and Aguero did more in 1 season than Tevez achieved in 4. He probably had his best career spell at Juve where he had the most amount of freedom and less pressure.

Not sure what more he could have achieved. He played to his level and lived a great career for hismelf.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri 30 Oct - 23:17:05

I am with Art and McAgger about Tevez,same my thought. I don't believe his talent was overhyped, he could make even more than this . On the other hand in Athens 2004 he was rated as the future star of Argentina
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri 30 Oct - 23:38:06

I disagree on him not being a special player. He certainly was one. Am I the only one who remembers how great he was for Man Utd? How the fans used to chant sign him up Fergie almost every time he played? How he scored decisive goals while Ronaldo got all the plaudits for stat padding (not to say Ronaldo did not score decisive goals). And he certainly left his mark at City. He used to carry the team. City used to play godawful boring football and Tevez was their only bright spot. This forum used to joke on City's formation being 9-0-Tevez. It all went downhill for him after the transfer request, homesickness, and then finally Bayern sub incident. Sure Aguero made a bigger impact but Aguero had full motivation and Silva, Dzeko with him while Tevez before his tantrums had Bellamy and Wright Phillips.

He did quite well at Juve. I think he had a great career but with his talent if he did not have so much drama going on he could have been more than this. He did have a great career in Europe though. PL trophy, two Scudettos, one CL, CL runners up, PL golden boot. there's no way he would have won any individual honors anyway with Messi and Ronaldo.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri 30 Oct - 23:52:12

RealGunner wrote:He is and was a very good player but he wasn't a 'special' player.

Like M69, I disagree with you. I think he was a special player. The only reason some don't consider him a special player is because they can't connect him with where he was that special. And that's where he made those poor career choices. He was a special player, a special talent, but because of the career choices he made, people tend to think of him as not truly special. Yet he was.

Tevez was special. My argument is that he made a good career in Europe - yet he could have made an outstanding one. But he didn't.

He was on his way at Man United... Cut short.
He messed up his Man City career - and anyway Man City weren't fully established by that time anyway.
Juventus felt like a "oh, Serie A will take this outcast when no one else will"... but hands down, he went on to show his quality there perhaps better than anywhere else. But it was only for two seasons. Disappointing, if you ask me.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat 31 Oct - 0:46:21

He didn't have a good career because he has a shit attitude and complete lack of professionalism. Could he have been more than he was? Sure. He's not the only player to not fulfil his potential, nor the best player to do that, nor the last.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat 31 Oct - 0:57:45

Art Morte wrote:
RealGunner wrote:He is and was a very good player but he wasn't a 'special' player.

Like M69, I disagree with you. I think he was a special player. The only reason some don't consider him a special player is because they can't connect him with where he was that special. And that's where he made those poor career choices. He was a special player, a special talent, but because of the career choices he made, people tend to think of him as not truly special. Yet he was.

Tevez was special. My argument is that he made a good career in Europe - yet he could have made an outstanding one. But he didn't.

He was on his way at Man United... Cut short.
He messed up his Man City career - and anyway Man City weren't fully established by that time anyway.
Juventus felt like a "oh, Serie A will take this outcast when no one else will"... but hands down, he went on to show his quality there perhaps better than anywhere else. But it was only for two seasons. Disappointing, if you ask me.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat 31 Oct - 9:58:54

farfan wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Meh i just say things that are vastly wrong :coffee:

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sat 31 Oct - 13:24:13

Surag, post more in the Juventus section you pos

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next