B-Mac
7amood11
Tomwin Lannister
DeviAngel
marottalad
44 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Carlos Tevez Appreciation Thread  - Page 3 Empty Re: Carlos Tevez Appreciation Thread

Post by Uncanny Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:08 pm

elm_baraja_shaman wrote:what impact has Aguero really had in the NT to even rank above Tevez?  Kun is quality but I always s people saying he is so similar to Kun and Messi lah lah lah, yes Messi is ahead of Tevez no doubt but neither Aguero, Palacio or Lavezzi can match Tevez in quality (Kun comes close but for NT he has done squat to state a claim)......

Tevez has matured, if he is not being called because of his past, then that's very stupid..... however if he is not being called because Messi doesn't like him, then both the coach and Messi should man up and tell the world...... by performance Tevez is currently the most in-form Argentine striker in Europe.....

Interesting point. But to be fair, Kun was not fit to play the World Cup and it showed because he could barely make any impact. I think tevez can bring more to the table as well.

Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Carlos Tevez Appreciation Thread  - Page 3 Empty Re: Carlos Tevez Appreciation Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:19 pm

Aguero when healthy is better than Tevez, everybody knows it lol.

Problem is he's injury prone and Tevez won't accept a bench role.

Anyway Tevez can't play with Messi it's why he was dropped to begin with along with his inability to accept a bench role.

Aguero and Higuain are just simply better compliments for Messi, it's been constant success for Argentina since it was changed until the final and you could hardly call that a failure.

If he would accept a bench role then I'm sure he'll be called up because he's a damn sight better than the likes of Palacio and others.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:20 pm

Came in this thread to agree with Mole.

Was not disappointed.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:22 pm

Higuain is a scrub and Tevez > Aguero because injuries do actually exist and constantly affect Aguero so it still counts

Agreed with Tom.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:27 pm

Well Tom I have said before Tevez should have gone to the WC as Aguero wasn't fit and Higuain was off form.

But the question remains would he have accepted the initial bench role? I doubt it.

Also his compatibility with Messi is still highly questionable but I'd risk that over taking the players they did.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:44 pm

I'm happy he's not being called up tbh, undeniably better for us

I hate internationals after a World Cup, they feel completely dead.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:53 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Everyone (I can only assume) knows Tevez is more talented and more suited to being a star player for a team...but as a mere complementary role player peice, regardless of his form, Higuain would always make more sense.

But BC is right, he is playing so well ignoring him would create a problem which you dont need. It would look like some kind of bias against him and as a new coach you dont need that.

There is nothing really to play for yet, Tata should call him up, use him as a role playing sub and when he doesnt perform in the role your justified in the inevitable choice you have to make.

Copa America is in 9 months. In int football time that's only like 2 months of practice. Hence why Martino might choose not to pick him as I doubt he'll have enough time to ease his inclusion.

Anyways, after watching all our forwards bar Messi and Di Maria flop in the WC I'm more open to the possibility of Tevez being included. Certainly would've been better than Palacio.

Thats true, but the next set of calls up dont have to be life or death. Just test runs and experimental stuff.

Tevez as a sub has disaster written all over it. Im not trying to say I know Tevez better than anyone else, but I have a strong feeling about it.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:55 pm

elm_baraja_shaman wrote:what impact has Aguero really had in the NT to even rank above Tevez?  Kun is quality but I always see people saying he is so similar to Kun and Messi lah lah lah, yes Messi is ahead of Tevez no doubt but neither Aguero, Palacio or Lavezzi can match Tevez in quality (Kun comes close but for NT he has done squat to state a claim)......

Tevez has matured, if he is not being called because of his past, then that's very stupid..... however if he is not being called because Messi doesn't like him, then both the coach and Messi should man up and tell the world...... by performance Tevez is currently the most in-form Argentine striker in Europe.....

Lets be real here, we arent seriously going to debate if Aguero is as good as Tevez? In fact you go further and say he doesnt match Tevez quality Laughing

What world are you living in.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:56 am

I think it's clear that Aguero is the better goal scorer in club football, however I think it's a good point that people are raising that Kun has never translated that to Argentina whenever it mattered. Tevez at least was one of their best players back in 2010 but Aguero's only ever shown up in qualifying games. Kun's better than Lavezzi but it didn't stop him being invisible in the final when he replaced him. I personally don't think calling up Tevez is some sort of necessity but a call up to ensure that the bridge isn't entirely burnt would probably be sensible.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:15 am

Tevez' international form is vastly overrated. He has what, 1 goal in every 6 games?

Aguero has a telepathic connection with Messi, when they're both fit they're a joy to watch play off each other. When Tevez and Messi are both fit they occupy the same spaces and get in each other's way.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:25 am

yes Tevez not called up for WC was really a great luck for Juventus. Their main difference maker rested totally , contrarily now we Inter fans have a Palacio came back as injured, tired and demoralized, he looks like Milito 2013- 2014 . *bleep* WC.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:28 am

Aguero was clearly unfit in the WC, just like he was the entire season. Constantly in and out of the line up.

Decided to do some research because my memory doesnt remember Aguero under performing at any important tournament.

2010 WC  he wasnt even a starter and played just 15 in the 2nd game (none in the first game) and 15 minutes when it was already 3-0 vs Germany. Started the 3rd group game with the reserve unit after they already qualified. I dont know what people expected him to do playing 15 minutes twice and once when they were getting hammered vs Germany.

Importantly enough, Tevez was the one who started all the game and didnt do squat.

2011 Copa America, Tevez starts again..Aguero comes on to rescue them vs Boliva scoring the only goal in a 1-1 draw.

Colombia, Tevez starts again and still no goals. 0-0.

Costa Rica, finally Tevez is dropped, Aguero in...shock, horror, they win 3-0 and Aguero scores the first 2 goals.

The go out on pens the next round to Urugauy..prodigal Argentinian hero Tevez misses the only penalty.

So yeah, im struggling to get this Tevez masterful Argentina performer - Aguero flop angle.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:32 am

I'm not disputing that Aguero is a better fit BC, however the point still stands that Aguero contributed essentially nothing to Argentina's best World Cup performance in 24 years. Unless he steps up in the Copa America, no one is going to care how fluid he makes the attack look in qualifying.

Tevez can at least create something for himself, but unless he's changed and is willing to accept a bench role, I wouldn't include him in the final squad. If Messi gets injured before the tournament though it would be wise to have called upon Tevez previously to ensure he remains an option for the worst case scenario.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:34 am

Horrifically unfair angle on Tevez at the World Cup, Dani. He was the only one who looked likely to break through Germany but he received very little support thanks to Maradona's clueless approach to the game and Germany's extremely early goal allowing them to park the bus and take away all space in behind from the beginning. He was in any case played to exhaustion in that tournament, though Aguero was also underused so it's unfair to discuss his performance in it.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:40 am

Tevez didnt score a goal the whole tournament.

Nobody can blame Germany on him, I wouldnt dare to, it wasnt remotely his fault. But he didnt do anything that tournament to warrant the type of talk he gets..as if he has gone out and performed for Argentina on a consistent basis.

That kind of talk isnt from any time recently, or even the last 5 years truly.

Also, when you say play to exhaustion, what do you mean? This was a man in his early to mid 20's playing not even every 5 days (unlike at club level)..but you dont cut Aguero any slack whatsoever when it was clear the entire last season he wasnt fit.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:49 am

Dani, surely you're not the type to simply judge a player on his stats?

It's an old example by now though, you're right. I'm not suggesting that Tevez should be called over Aguero, merely that it would be appropriate to offer an olive branch to Tevez if he is willing to change. He's a better option to have on hand in the case of an emergency than calling up Di Santo every time there's a major tournament. Laughing

If he is still going to persist in causing trouble on the bench then he should be left to rot again, but the opportunity for peace should at least be offered.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:40 am

He scored vs Mexico right? Stole the goal from Messi iirc Laughing

And Aguero went into the 2014 WC recovering from injury and got re-injured, not a fair basis for his potential playing for us.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:28 am

tevez scored twice that wc and one was goal of the tourny.

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:06 am

other international squad always regard past contribution when come to player selection but not in argentina

past contribution means shit in argentina international squad

see riquelme

even player that contribute so much like riquelme can't be in the squad

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:06 am

The Franchise wrote:Aguero was clearly unfit in the WC, just like he was the entire season. Constantly in and out of the line up.

Decided to do some research because my memory doesnt remember Aguero under performing at any important tournament.

2010 WC  he wasnt even a starter and played just 15 in the 2nd game (none in the first game) and 15 minutes when it was already 3-0 vs Germany. Started the 3rd group game with the reserve unit after they already qualified. I dont know what people expected him to do playing 15 minutes twice and once when they were getting hammered vs Germany.

Importantly enough, Tevez was the one who started all the game and didnt do squat.

2011 Copa America, Tevez starts again..Aguero comes on to rescue them vs Boliva scoring the only goal in a 1-1 draw.

Colombia, Tevez starts again and still no goals. 0-0.

Costa Rica, finally Tevez is dropped, Aguero in...shock, horror, they win 3-0 and Aguero scores the first 2 goals.

The go out on pens the next round to Urugauy..prodigal Argentinian hero Tevez misses the only penalty.

So yeah, im struggling to get this Tevez masterful Argentina performer - Aguero flop angle.

quit reading after that part Laughing
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:38 am

dostoevsky wrote:Dani, surely you're not the type to simply judge a player on his stats?

It's an old example by now though, you're right. I'm not suggesting that Tevez should be called over Aguero, merely that it would be appropriate to offer an olive branch to Tevez if he is willing to change. He's a better option to have on hand in the case of an emergency than calling up Di Santo every time there's a major tournament. Laughing

If he is still going to persist in causing trouble on the bench then he should be left to rot again, but the opportunity for peace should at least be offered.

I wouldnt ever, however he is a striker who didnt score and that what the part I didnt know. The part I already did was nobody played well up front for Argentina.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:42 am

Sorry, I was wrong. I forgot the Mexico game where he scored two. No debates there, but 1 impressive game out of one WC and one Copa America does little to change my overall point.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:18 am

And even in that Mexico game the goal was like 20 meters offside if I remember correctly. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:41 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I hope he quits scoring so much, it's getting annoying and pretty soon Martino will not be able to ignore his great form.

And Martino does exactly that. Tevez called up by Argentina.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:32 pm

Commentator trying to emulate Martin Tyler

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:00 pm

He is doing that for YEARS. Laughing If anything Martin Tyler is trying to copy South American commentators. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next