The Franchise
messixaviesta
billy_gr
62 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V4 - Page 35 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V4

Post by messixaviesta Wed May 21, 2014 6:36 pm

rwo, very interesting. I must say progress in Robben's physical fitness is impressive.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed May 21, 2014 9:15 pm

keep seeing that our dream buy would be pogba and that we are trying to use Sanchez as a bargaining chip for him rather then Vidal.
probably wont happen but curious what is you guys opinion on him?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 21, 2014 9:26 pm

I think it's the same knee Thiago keeps having the injuries. Same ligament too. That is very worrying.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 21, 2014 9:56 pm

Donuts wrote:keep seeing that our dream buy would be pogba and that we are trying to use Sanchez as a bargaining chip for him rather then Vidal.
probably wont happen but curious what is you guys opinion on him?

Do not want.

Random big guy who takes as many shots as Pedro and Sanchez and scores the occasional long range beauty.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed May 21, 2014 10:05 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I think it's the same knee Thiago keeps having the injuries. Same ligament too. That is very worrying.

I read that the one that he got recently that kept him off the WC roster is on his other knee

Could be wrong
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu May 22, 2014 12:28 am

Well I'd disagree with your assessment a little JD.

I do agree that we of course needed Yaya as a holding midfielder, but I mean after that, we used Keita as the main rotation player in the midfield for Iniesta/a forward with Iniesta going to the left. Should or at least could have been Yaya.

On his game, I agree about his defending and the reason for that. But I disagree about his penchant for the simple pass, I think he will play it.

Anyway, no he isnt the best target and I dont realistically see it happening for a number of reasons, contract, status in the team, his agent and others.

I understand why you say we are in need for a orchestrator in the absence of Xavi, now and in the future. I of course agree.

I am hopeful Rafinha can fill the void of a dynamic midfield presence while we look for external solutions for the orchestrating midfielder.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu May 22, 2014 7:15 am

The Franchise wrote:Well I'd disagree with your assessment a little JD.

I do agree that we of course needed Yaya as a holding midfielder, but I mean after that, we used Keita as the main rotation player in the midfield for Iniesta/a forward with Iniesta going to the left. Should or at least could have been Yaya.

On his game, I agree about his defending and the reason for that. But I disagree about his penchant for the simple pass, I think he will play it.

Anyway, no he isnt the best target and I dont realistically see it happening for a number of reasons, contract, status in the team, his agent and others.

I understand why you say we are in need for a orchestrator in the absence of Xavi, now and in the future. I of course agree.

I am hopeful Rafinha can fill the void of a dynamic midfield presence while we look for external solutions for the orchestrating midfielder.

dani, the disagreement is minor.

If you mean we should have used Yaya in an attacking role instead of Keita after Busquets had taken on the DM role then certainly. My comments were only about why we had to make him stick to the DM role since we hardly had anyone else then.

Maybe he can try to fit into our simple pass style but 31 isn't the age at which it's such a good idea to change a player's style. Other than all the factors you mentioned which I agree with about why it should not happen I will add the age factor.

Let's have that hope about Rafinha. In any case if we find the right orchestrator then that dynamic midfield presence sort of player gets a super-sub role.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu May 22, 2014 7:24 am

liverpool have approached pedro apparently??
idk if true but damn seems like we are actually going to have a very active transfer season.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 22, 2014 2:20 pm

We are after Benahtia banana

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/109117/mehdi-benatias-agent-reportedly-set-to-begin-negotiations-with-barcelona/
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu May 22, 2014 4:32 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:We are after Benahtia banana

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/109117/mehdi-benatias-agent-reportedly-set-to-begin-negotiations-with-barcelona/

Stop dancing  Smile the same website reports this as well "Barcelona set to bid for Marquinhos" and says his agent is also due to arrive in Barcelona for talks with the Catalan club Laughing Apparently all the agents are gathering in Barcelona for some festival ?? scratch 

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu May 22, 2014 4:47 pm

Donuts wrote:liverpool have approached pedro apparently??
idk if true but damn seems like we are actually going to have a very active transfer season.

Twitter says that not being part of the new kit promotion is something Pedro has taken as a signal that he is not wanted any more. No idea how much truth there is to this.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu May 22, 2014 4:48 pm

neuro11 wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:We are after Benahtia banana

Stop dancing  Smile the same website reports this  as well "Barcelona set to bid for Marquinhos" and says his agent is also due to arrive in Barcelona for talks with the Catalan club Laughing Apparently all the agents are gathering in Barcelona for some festival ?? scratch 

Yes there is nothing concrete here. Names like Laporte, Mathieu, Martinez and Luiz are also being frequently mentioned.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri May 23, 2014 7:05 pm

This has just been posted on Twitter. It's a complete shocker which better not be true.

Xavi has decided to leave Barcelona at the end of the season & Iniesta is trying to convince him to stay.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 23, 2014 7:16 pm

It's coming from Rafael Hernandez who is fairly reliable (not 100 % but he's not a serial bullshitter and gets more right than wrong). Has sources within the club from what I know.

Wouldn't surprise me anyway. When Enrique starts a press conference like "we need to see what Xavi wants and what we want" it's already implying there is going to be differences as in Xavi demanding a bigger role than Lucho is willing to give him.

Still no idea who is going to replace him though.

Info comes from an acquaintance of Xavi's family. It's all getting complicated for him to stay.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 23, 2014 7:19 pm

he knows f**k all lmao fussball, twitter con artist that acts like he has inside infos but actually just follow the best journalists in spain.

people who have access to clubs and such are always affiliated to big news agencies. there is no such a thing as a free agent on twitter distilling secret infos for free Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 23, 2014 7:21 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:he knows f**k all lmao fussball, twitter con artist that acts like he has inside infos but actually just follow the best journalists in spain.

Is that true? Very Happy The guy who has described him as reliable is a moderator on another Barca community who I thought was reliable. Guess not then. I trust ma bruh Nick more. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri May 23, 2014 7:22 pm

While I agree Xavi needs a lesser role, not because of ability but just to extend his career ffs. I could see him not agreeing with it. He still feels he is capable of starting and being asked to start behind, say Rafinha, might bruise his ego and he might not want too.

Fact is we should of given him less minutes along time ago, again not becasue of ability but because of the sheer amount of games he's played for both country/club the past 6 years. I think Lucho wants to bring in the next generation and Xavi would have to start playing less. If this is the case, I'm not shocked. That said, I hope he stays as I feel he's still able to play at his top game if we handle his game time better. We just can't run him to the dirt anymore, he needs to understand that :T
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 23, 2014 7:23 pm

Xavi to pull a Raul on Lucho. Proud

And then a Casillas. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 23, 2014 7:26 pm

Fußball wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:he knows f**k all lmao fussball, twitter con artist that acts like he has inside infos but actually just follow the best journalists in spain.

Is that true? :DThe guy who has described him as reliable is a moderator on another Barca community who I thought was reliable. Guess not then. I trust ma bruh Nick more. Proud
i follow him too because he is a mouthful and likes to troll madrid. it gives me a perspective on things, but he clearly knows nothing. he is just very talkative and always say things like, "i have been told...", "sources have told me...". It's BS because he never comes up with anything that that's new. Even the Xavi thing, a journalist in Spain that i follow was already talking about it. Then he jumps in and goes all "my sauces telling me xavi is retiring" :lol:sure bro. he is opinionated so he carries a big following, and he obviously has the twitter Internet Bullshit Artist thing figured out to a tee
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri May 23, 2014 7:33 pm

Twitter is saying we are about to sign Maquinhos. What do you guys think of him?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 23, 2014 7:56 pm

Fußball wrote:

Is that true? :DThe guy who has described him as reliable is a moderator on another Barca community who I thought was reliable. Guess not then. I trust ma bruh Nick more. Proud
Wouldn't call him reliable at all... said Klopp, Reus and Balanta were joining us Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri May 23, 2014 8:00 pm

What's the big deal about Mehdi Benatia? One year back when he was at Udinese I can hardly remember a soul mention his name in our discussions and now he seems like the best thing since sliced bread. Is he the most improved player in the world during this last one year? Does Rudi Garcia deserve immense credit for this?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 23, 2014 8:11 pm

the effect of Garcia on benatia is like Simeone on Godin/miranda, or heynckes on Dante.

the main question mark is whether benatia will look as good in a high line, u can see how dante looked shaky in that set up compared to last season.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 23, 2014 8:13 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Fußball wrote:

i follow him too because he is a mouthful and likes to troll madrid. it gives me a perspective on things, but he clearly knows nothing. he is just very talkative and always say things like, "i have been told...", "sources have told me...". It's BS because he never comes up with anything that that's new. Even the Xavi thing, a journalist in Spain that i follow was already talking about it. Then he jumps in and goes all "my sauces telling me xavi is retiring" :lol:sure bro. he is opinionated so he carries a big following, and he obviously has the twitter Internet Bullshit Artist thing figured out to a tee

Cheers.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 23, 2014 8:20 pm

messixaviesta wrote:Twitter is saying we are about to sign Maquinhos. What do you guys think of him?

If he was available at a reasonable price, I wouldnt mind. I feel like this thing happens all the time, a team signs an established name because they dont quite trust the young guy yet, he moves on and finds his level some place else.

Though it can go the other way and he simply isnt good enough and wont ever be. If we did sign someone like this, I feel it is essential we sign another player (a fullback perhaps) who can play in the center. As another alternative.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 23, 2014 8:22 pm

messixaviesta wrote:What's the big deal about Mehdi Benatia? One year back when he was at Udinese I can hardly remember a soul mention his name in our discussions and now he seems like the best thing since sliced bread. Is he the most improved player in the world during this last one year? Does Rudi Garcia deserve immense credit for this?

I am not totally sold. I didnt comment because I didnt gather enough game time watching him, but I got to say around half a dozen games. Apart from getting trounced by Juve (which was not his fault at all) I came away, not in awe but fairly impressed by his qualities.

I dont like that I never saw him in the CL or even Europa.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next