archwooohh
Busby Babe
B-Mac
RED
Vlad the Impaler
24 posters

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread

Post by RED Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:59 pm

Our hoofing from defence was madness. long ball stoke tactics. Cleverley and carrick were absolutely hopeless.

No urgency whatsover. players played like it was a pre season match v Seattle sounders or something. disgrace

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread

Post by Angoulême Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:07 pm

RED wrote:Team selection fcking killed us before the ball was kicked. every average Joe United fan can tell you that having Young and Valencia in the team completely nullifies any attacking threat.

In a game where a getting a goal is so vital, he sets us up to defend first. RVP and Rooney had to drop so deep to get involved because of the space vacated by our non existing Midfield.

Leaving our forwards to get outnumbered by Olympiacos defence. Smalling at rb is a disaster..and coupled with Valencia, we practically had no one on our right hand side.

Our only means of attack was through the left...but there was no link up with evra or Young...no communication and when there was, young would hoplessly cross from deep or fail to pass to one another from 5 meters.

we were crying out for someone who had variety to their play. someone like Kagawa, who can cut in and create space, have an eye for a pass and can link up with our forwards to make something happen. Or Januzaj...someone who can add pace to our static attacks, someone who somehting more in their locker than just whipping cross x infinite.

But nooooo, he plays to of the worse wingers ur likley to ever see.

Moyes was handed the easisiet possible opponents and he failed massively. The *bleep* failure!!

MOYES OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red.. you pretty much nailed it with this post .. team selection killed s tonight .. Moyes was way to negative tonight , set up for a potential 1 - 0 , and got it completely wrong , Manager is to blame plain and simple .. at this stage these are "his" players , no excuses .
Angoulême
Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:11 pm

We are meant to be playing Man City on the weekend. Thank goodness that's been moved. I know we'll lose, at least it won't be so soon  rofl 
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:14 pm

RED wrote:Our hoofing from defence was madness. long ball stoke tactics. Cleverley and carrick were absolutely hopeless.

No urgency whatsover. players played like it was a pre season match v Seattle sounders or something. disgrace

Let's face it. Man United is good at nothing nowadays.

Last edited by Dutti on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:15 pm

Angoulême wrote:
RED wrote:Team selection fcking killed us before the ball was kicked. every average Joe United fan can tell you that having Young and Valencia in the team completely nullifies any attacking threat.

In a game where a getting a goal is so vital, he sets us up to defend first. RVP and Rooney had to drop so deep to get involved because of the space vacated by our non existing Midfield.

Leaving our forwards to get outnumbered by Olympiacos defence. Smalling at rb is a disaster..and coupled with Valencia, we practically had no one on our right hand side.

Our only means of attack was through the left...but there was no link up with evra or Young...no communication and when there was, young would hoplessly cross from deep or fail to pass to one another from 5 meters.

we were crying out for someone who had variety to their play. someone like Kagawa, who can cut in and create space, have an eye for a pass and can link up with our forwards to make something happen. Or Januzaj...someone who can add pace to our static attacks, someone who somehting more in their locker than just whipping cross x infinite.

Moyes was handed the easisiet possible opponents and he failed massively. The *bleep* failure!!

Red.. you pretty much nailed it with this post .. team selection killed s tonight .. Moyes was way to negative tonight , set up for a potential 1 - 0 , and got it completely wrong , Manager is to blame plain and simple ..   at this stage these are "his" players , no excuses .

This is what this loser said a couple of days ago.

Moyes knows anything can happen in football: “You see some of the games, where teams have hung on and hung on and somehow nicked a goal.”

when i read that, I feared the worst. That was his blueprint for our CL K.O games. But you adopt those tactics to much superior teams (if a team had to) not to frigging Olympiacos.

smh. the man is a coward.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Angoulême Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:28 pm

RED wrote:
Angoulême wrote:

Red.. you pretty much nailed it with this post .. team selection killed s tonight .. Moyes was way to negative tonight , set up for a potential 1 - 0 , and got it completely wrong , Manager is to blame plain and simple ..   at this stage these are "his" players , no excuses .

This is what this loser said a couple of days ago.

Moyes knows anything can happen in football: “You see some of the games, where teams have hung on and hung on and somehow nicked a goal.”

when i read that, I feared the worst. That was his blueprint for our CL K.O games. But you adopt those tactics to much superior teams (if a team had to) not to frigging Olympiacos.

smh. the man is a coward.

The most amazing thing to me about the whole thing, is the lack of criticism for him from the media. What are they scared of exactly? Imagine if AVB had done this to Utd. He would be rightly slaughtered. Instead the media chose to re write history and claim that the squad is poor and needs a 'massive overhaul'. It's bizarre.
Angoulême
Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:49 pm

Only cuz he's British. the media have long been championing a British manager getting one of the big jobs, that's why they are so reluctant to criticisize him. They want him to do well so badly. Moyes has been given the keys to the biggest club in the land, he could relegate us and they would still be supporting him.

But one by one, they've been slowly turning on him. Due to Moyes' arrogant and defensive press conferences.

It's sad, really. AVB was doing a much better job than him yet the media slaughtered him. Xenophobic c**ts.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:52 pm

Tbf, they've started to

Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread - Page 5 BhWnJPYCIAEwzdU
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:54 pm

Can't hel but relate this with Allegri's last year. We had a decent squad, by decent i mean finish anywhere between 4th and 8th. Yet he took us to relegation. Atrocious performance, someone with a strong, assertive personality needs to step in for this team to take balance IMO
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Angoulême Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:55 pm

He sees his team play badly and doesn't understand or notice the obvious things they're doing wrong. He sees them play well and then seems to almost alter everything about the team that worked. This isn't about the players or needing time. It's just generally being clueless.

Tonight was a perfect example of Moyes ... Team played well at the weekend...so he takes out his best performing midfielder, plays Young and Valencia so he changes not only the personel but the system, leaves Januzaj at home. The only part of the midfield he left alone was Michael Carrick, who was the only part of the midfield on Sunday that looked shite. All he needed to do was replace Mata with Kagawa. IF there was any other part of the midfield that needed changing, it was Michael Carrick, who's been a pathetic liability every time he's played since the Norwich game.

He played the same two centrebacks despite them being awful against Palace, and generally all season. He could have had Smalling there and moved someone else to feck around at badly pretending to be a fullback. He didn't though, and he wont, because he doesn't even understand that Vidic is doing anything wrong.

Generally the only bits of the team he leaves alone are the ones that didn't perform nearly well enough in the previous game. It is almost as if he's deliberately trying to be shit.
Angoulême
Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:05 pm

exactly angouleme. I think I've read somewhere a stat saying we've changed our team line up more than any other in the PL. shocking.

It makes it extremely hard for the players to gather an understanding, build confidence for each other and gain any momentum.

1 step forward, then 3 steps back.

And it's issues that have underlined our poor performances the entire season, yet he seem clueless to address it or try to. It's like he throws so much shet on the wall and hopes for one to stick.

Today, if he had any courage, he could have played Valencia at RB if he was that desperate to include him. Shift smalling to partner Vidic. Play Januzaj at the right.

Boom....that would have improved our useless right hand side tonight by ten fold.

Glaring, simple adjustment that would benefit our team...made by me- a normal football observant and fan. Why can't he, someone who's being paid 6 mill a year, not see that?

Its ridicluous.

And BB......about time they have. He's been getting such a smooth ride by them. made him feel invincible i bet. with the support by the away crowd and the media, his arrogance grew with each passing week.

He has done a shambolic job. Tonight tipped the scale all the way down to the ground,
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:13 pm

Do you know he did the similar substitutions like he did against Stoke he thought
"hey Kagawa and Welbz are attacking players let put them on and Rooney in CM. Doesn't matter where I play them I have 3 strikers on the pitch"

Since Rooney has signed a new contract, I will say, Robin Van Persie is our BEST player but for our team to move on, it is time to sell him in the same manner we sold Van Nistelrooy.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:15 pm

I wish your section was this active always since it seems to mean you performing totally crap Proud

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:20 pm

When you think about it....everytime Graham Souness is giving an interview on tv then Moyes is nowhere to be seen....and everytime Moyes is seen on the touchline at utd games then Souness is nowhere to be seen......could it be...and I know it's just a small chance but seriously could Moyes be Souness in disguise? Its an uncanny resemblance if you visualise moyes with a moustache

Laughing
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:22 pm

Busby Babe wrote:Do you know he did the similar substitutions like he did against Stoke he thought
"hey Kagawa and Welbz are attacking players let put them on and Rooney in CM. Doesn't matter where I play them I have 3 strikers on the pitch"

Since Rooney has signed a new contract, I will say, Robin Van Persie is our BEST player but for our team to move on, it is time to sell him in the same manner we sold Van Nistelrooy.

There is no thought behind it. He can't seem to grasp the fact that throwing attackers players for heck of it can cause an imbalance to the team. It doesn't guarantee us goals when players don't know where to be and end up stepping on each others toes and getting in the way.

In one instance tonight, RVP shot the ball and Welbeck blocked it. Laughable.

Moyes seems to do it so he can have a ready made excuse that he went for it. He tries to do a Fergie by making these subs, but with SAF..we clearly had a structure to mount the late siege on the oppo's goal. There was a plan B. with Moyes, it's all harried and all panicky. 'go out there lad and please do something for us, go on'

And what's more depressing is that when Kagawa came on, we looked so much better. But it was far too late for Kagawa to have the influence on the game to get us a much needed goal.

i think RVP will look for another club. Doesn't look into what Moyes is tryna to do. Just doesn't look happy at all.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:28 pm

jamie jackson ‏@JamieJackson___

On Januzaj Moyes said he'd decided to play Cleverley so left him out...

The f*ck does Cleverley playing have to do with Januzaj :facepalm: 
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Angoulême Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:29 pm

Art Morte wrote:I wish your section was this active always since it seems to mean you performing totally crap Proud

We look like Liverpool after Graham Souness was done with them.

But still not quite so bad ,, I actually went to anfield and watched Liverpool play out a 1-1 V Oldham under Souness , and United tonight actually played in a similar vein to that Liverpool team tonight .. sheer crap .. I remember talking to Liverpool fans after the game and they were praising Julien Dicks !!! I also remember shooting a massive load over some scouse chick in a shitty hotel that night also .. Yeah .. Liverpool  Very Happy 
Angoulême
Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:33 pm

Busby Babe wrote:jamie jackson ‏@JamieJackson___

On Januzaj Moyes said he'd decided to play Cleverley so left him out...

The f*ck does Cleverley playing have to do with Januzaj :facepalm: 

my fcking words :facepalm:

My.fcking.words!!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:39 pm

It gets better

David Moyes: "We came into this game in good form."

Form: WDDLWW*LWLLL *Lost to Sunderland on pens

Are we Everton in disguise for him to believe that is good form
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:45 pm

Busby Babe wrote:It gets better

David Moyes: "We came into this game in good form."

Form: WDDLWW*LWLLL *Lost to Sunderland on pens

Are we Everton in disguise for him to believe that is good form

He's lost the plot. Glazers should do the honourable thing and put the man out of his misery. the job is far, far, far too big for him.

He's making such a fool of himself, has turned us and him into the biggest laughing stock of world football.

If the Glazers are too scraed of SAF, Moyes should swallow his pride and resign. He'll get a job at Aston Villa, west Brom etc them lower tier PL clubs. He's just so out of his depth.

Or somoene should atleast ducktape his mouth shut if neither things happen ffs!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Angoulême Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:53 pm

I'm done laying the blame at various player's feet. They are been sent out there with no tactics, no gameplan and a manager unable to teach them how to play a fluid system. When things weren't going well for Rodgers at Liverpool at least fans could see the change in style and tactics. We have seen nothing to suggest this and we aren't even any good at playing down the wings either. The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results. If Moyes couldn't see this result coming then he is either blind or insane because we all were pissed off at the line up. We have never had the team to play sit back defensive football, the way we defend best is by piling offensive pressure on the other team. We play well using different tactics against Palace and it's straight back to the same old shit. Moyes is too cowardly a manager for this level.

Players can't play to their full potential without being given proper direction.
Angoulême
Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:57 pm

Roy Keane today: “Privately David Moyes will be shocked at the quality he is working with.”

Roy Keane last season: 2:13 onwards he says "Best squad in Man Utd's history", now I don't think that is true, but it proves how much the players are taking the blame from this

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Angoulême Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:01 am

Roy was a total beast .. if only more players had the passion and love he had for united ..
Angoulême
Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:04 am

I wish he was playing today Sad
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:04 am

just proves that keane is talking through his arse. Moyes prolly hangs in his circle or they have mutual friends.

It's the same with G.Nev...he doesn't criticize Moyes and the management due to his brother working there.

I always believe any pundit or anyone in the media who doesn't blame or criticise Moyes has an agenda. Either cuz he's British or they have an affiliate working for the management team.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:14 am

Laughing I thought it was harsh what Keane said about Carrick
Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread - Page 5 BhWlOzhIcAAeklJ
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next