archwooohh
Busby Babe
B-Mac
RED
Vlad the Impaler
24 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread

Post by Angoulême Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:42 pm

Rooney should never have played a full 90 mins , the Lad is injured and was way off the pace .. also 300 k a week cant be good for the club long term , just means we will have huge player wages in future ... hey Rooney got 300k a week so why not our next big signing ? Moyes this season has killed us , You'd expect the target was top 4 and a decent cup run, at least. Granted, we haven't faired overly well in the CL the previous two seasons but the quarters still isn't good enough in my opinion. Getting to the Semis of the League Cup and then losing to Sunderland, who are practically dead certs for relegation, doesn't count either. On the one hand I think Moyes has probably had enough time and that he should go, but on the other I see it as a situation he has sort of got himself into and I think the test for whether he can make it and take himself to the next level is for him to get himself out of the rut he's currently in. I'm unsure he's capable of it, and am very worried what effect him being given this time is going to have on the future of Manchester United ...

Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread

Post by RED Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:45 pm

This hurts more than I thought it would.

So gutted.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:52 pm

Despite us not being expected to win, and thus having nothing to lose is untrue. Perhaps there was no pressure to go through but we had way more to lose than Bayern. Gutted.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:59 pm

And what makes it worse fellas is that we'll have to wait till summer 2015 (that's if we qualify for it) before we can have another run at the CL.

Not even the small consolation of attempting to regroup, rebuild and come back stronger next season.

Really knocks it home tonight just what we'll be missing and what a horrible season it's been.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Angoulême Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:59 pm

This is hurting more and more every minute I think about it. If Moyes doesn't go, we won't be in it the following year. Player sales as a result, difficulty in recruiting world class players, finances, Glazers...

feck me.
Angoulême
Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Angoulême Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:05 pm

Manchester United manager David Moyes insists he is firmly focused on getting the club straight back into the Champions League.

United bowed out of Europe on Wednesday evening going down 3-1 to Bayern Munich in the Allianz Arena, which gave the reigning European champions a 4-2 aggregate win.

The result means, that for the first time since 1995, United are highly unlikely to be present at Europe's top table next season.

After the defeat in Munich, Moyes told Sky Sports: "We have not got Champions League football, that's the way it looks but I believe that it is not far away, and hopefully it will be one-year away.

"We have got to rebuild and our focus is to get a team that can get back into this competition, it is a great competition we have really enjoyed it and there is no shame in going out to Bayern Munich.

Moyes was asked whether he believed his job might be in some doubt, after his failure to get into the Champions League.

"That is not question for me as my job is just to get on and do the job," he insisted.

"I have found everyone at the club very good and my focus is to get a side that gets us back in the Champions League and that is the main objective."

Moyes insists that the club's hierarchy are backing him and plans to rebuild the side are already in motion and he insists not being in the Champions League will not hamper their pursuit of any of their top targets.

"The club have never had any problems, anything we have talked about, the club are looking to spend the right money on the right players that are available, it has nothing to do with the Champions League football," he said.

"Any players that we have sort of quietly discussed with I think they are more than happy to join Manchester United.

"The ones who quietly, someone might have had a word in their ear, have all been keen to come as it is a short thing and not a long thing and they are all very keen to join such a great club."

Unlucky
Turning to the game and Moyes felt his side were unlucky, having actually taken the lead in the Allianz Arena through Patrice Evra's 57th minute.

But United could not defend their lead, as Mario Mandzukic levelled just seconds after the re-start, before Thomas Muller and Arjen Robben settled the tie.

"When your a schoolboy you get told make sure when you score you don't concede straight away, we conceded too quickly," he admitted.

"It was always going to be a tough night and once we got the first goal we had to give ourselves five or ten minutes where we could stop them getting the ball but from the kick-off they went up the pitch and scored.

"I don't know whether it was a bit of concentration, thrilled we got the goal but we have got enough experience on the pitch where we should have done it - but they didnt do an awful lot wrong tonight, I thought the players played over so well and I was pleased with the performance and just a couple of small errors that cost us in the end.

"I never thought we were out the game, I always thought we were in with a chance and at 2-1 we needed just to get that goal to get back to 2-2, but that third goal killed us and that didnt go for, and I thought that was a bit of bad luck.

"They are a really good side and they showed it, but I thought we did what we had to do tonight - I thought we came here made it difficult for them, tactically we tried to stifle them as much as possibly but if you lose a goal just after we score it makes things really difficult."

Moyes .. please just go and fu@k off !!!
Angoulême
Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:13 pm

After the defeat in Munich, Moyes told Sky Sports: "We have not got Champions League football, that's the way it looks but I believe that it is not far away, and hopefully it will be one-year away.

"We have got to rebuild and our focus is to get a team that can get back into this competition, it is a great competition we have really enjoyed it and there is no shame in going out to Bayern Munich.

Moyes was asked whether he believed his job might be in some doubt, after his failure to get into the Champions League.

"That is not question for me as my job is just to get on and do the job," he insisted.

"I have found everyone at the club very good and my focus is to get a side that gets us back in the Champions League and that is the main objective."

Main objective? Is this guy for real? Such a loser, and that there is the height of his ambition. Absolute joke.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:16 pm

We now have the same ambitions as Everton. Well done Moyes, you have brought us down to your level.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Angoulême Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:22 pm

He has proven a complete and utter disaster so far, nobody can argue that. This is fact. :benítez:

Do I think Moyes can evolve to the point he is proficient in the modern aspects of the game? Nope, he is stuck in his ways, for me. We will never consistently counter the likes of Guardiola, Klopp or even Rodgers' footballing philosophy under him, in my opinion. We've hired a manager with ageing philosophies. He has lowered the expectations so much so that fourth would be considered success next season. This is not the Manchester United we all know and love, and Moyes has shown little to no evidence in a long stretch of games that we will progress.

Moyes is a hard working and honest manager, but this is not his level. In fact, the modern game would see to it that Everton isn't even his level.
Angoulême
Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:23 pm

This man is getting away with murder. How can this comment be acceptable for a club like United.

'Our main objective is to qualify for the CL'?? He didn't need to say that. He could have said, 'we'll improve further next season and one objective is guaranteeing we're in this comp for the following season'

Simple as that. He didn't have to make us out as though we're his former team. He thinks he's still managing a mid table team.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Angoulême Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:35 pm

RED wrote:This man is getting away with murder. How can this comment be acceptable for a club like United.

'Our main objective is to qualify for the CL'?? He didn't need to say that. He could have said, 'we'll improve further next season and one objective is guaranteeing we're in this comp for the following season'

Simple as that. He didn't have to make us out as though we're his former team. He thinks he's still managing a mid table team.

His whole rebuilding mantra is just his way of passing on his failure at United ... This team won the Premier League last season , and has since spent a futher 70 million on improvements ... ( well Fellani is an improvement on last seasons corner flag .. cheers Moyes ) . He wants us to believe he took over a knackered team .. and that Fergie would have struggled with the squad this season ( after spending 70 million ??? ) Yes Moyes , we all believe you !!! By saying our objective is to finish forth , he is just admitting that he could never possibly win a premier league .. So why did he take the United job ???? Why not just go and manage Leeds ??? Because SAF told him that he was the next United Manager .... Moyes grow a pair of balls and quit !!!
Angoulême
Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:51 pm

Manchester United 2013/2014 Uefa Champions League Thread - Page 21 QuickMarriedHare

beautiful goal. Evra Proud
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:25 pm

Best goal of his career.

I thought Smalling and Jones played well, too bad our whole defense bar Evra is injury prone. Kagawa did well too.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:31 pm

Just caught the extended highlights. A lot of Rooney's performance had to do with his injury, but no excuses for not passing it to Kagawa that was just a really bad decision. Kagawa would have been through on goal.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:15 pm

Busby Babe wrote:Just caught the extended highlights. A lot of Rooney's performance had to do with his injury, but no excuses for not passing it to Kagawa that was just a really bad decision. Kagawa would have been through on goal.

that pissed me off so much when I was watching it. I was screaming for him to pass it to Kagawa after he dilli dallied with the ball. Kags was all open.

Rooney was in no condition to play. Moyes even admitted it after the game. He still played him and kept him on for the full 90 mins. Coward!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:17 pm

Look, I don't want to be mean, but the way you conceded the goal 20 seconds after yours, and the way you threw a home lead after containing them so well and giving them a crucial away goal was amateurish and not top 4 team in Europe worthy. However questions need to be made on how one of the best 8 teams struggles to be one of the best 8 in your country.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:35 pm

Yeah it was. Someone made the point when Demba Ba scored your winner, Mourinho ran down not to celebrate, but to make sure Torres was in position and for the players to calm down. Our manager was too busy celebrating, still, though, our players have enough experience not to make such silly mistakes we really lost our heads after that. I think half it was Bayern finally 'waking up' though. They looked like they were in 2nd gear until they conceded they were always going to score at home anyway. Even at 2-1 we still only needed another goal, but it just seemed like it was over. I wish we knew what to do when we had the ball, we looked puzzled at times.

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21