SUPERCARTTS
Raptorgunner
Sina
MarcoReus
EL Patron
58 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by JGUNZ Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:58 pm

Hey Guys, I've heard a lot about this warchest that we have. Anyone knows what positions he plays, we surely must find a way to make use of him.... any youtube clips would help...

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by furiouswindbottom Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:31 pm

Chumlum wrote:Arseblog Google Hangout transfer talk from the other day. Some decent discussion in here.

http://arseblog.com/2013/07/live-transfers-haha-arsecast-hangout-special/

I like Arsecast and their two hangouts I've seen. The host is pretty professional, has a really good 'radio' voice and the guests usually good. The Tuesday club is the ultimate podcast, but they are professionals, so it's not fair to compare really. Arsecast for debate (and some natural humour as opposed to trying too hard like another pod I will mention very shortly), Tuesday club for debate + piss your pants funny. Arsetomouse's pod isn't as bad as some say.

Don't like Bergkampwonderland though. They're trying tooo hard to be like the Tuesday club and they just can't do that. You need to do stand up for 20 years to get to that level. Those 'catchprashes'. Fail. That posh squeaky host. Fail. I know I shouldn't have a go at fellow gooners, but they really annoy me. Dunno why. It's probably my fault as I'm annoyed at this transfer window. Or using the sacred name 'Bergkamp'. Freeloaders!

*bleep* it. They're shite.

Podcast scores (just my opinion, man)

1. Tuesday club 10/10
2. Arsecast 8/10
3. Arse to mouse 7/10
4. Bergkampwonderland 2/10

I am not Alan Davies. Or Mr Arsecast.

Just my two cents.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:34 pm

*sigh* no...........more.............wonderkids.............PLEASE!
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:41 pm

I haven't checked newsnow for 6 hours. A record this window.

Starting to give up.

I would be happy with a 5 quid bid for Heskey.

Reason? I've got a feeling that Wenger has gone mental and wants to 'show everyone' that he can win the PL and CL and FA cup with his current squad.

Deep down, Really deep down. Are you expecting any money to be spent?

furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:51 pm

I still think money will be spent, yes.

I just worry that (a) at this stage the club will be forced to overpay for good players but less-than-ideal ones, and (b) it might be spent late and thus the team won't be as balanced and well-integrated as we'd like it to be.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:53 pm

I do not expect anyone in until after August 10th. With the results of that game determining to panic buy or not.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:55 pm

1st Big signing is the toughest but will open up the way for others to follow in future
assuming say Suarez can push us closer to top
and help us Gradually become that attractive place we were for players

So Arsene pls....
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:33 pm

Absolutely nothing.

And this was supposed to be the big week.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:41 pm

Sina wrote:i remember back then rafa honigstein wanted to give us and idea of what type of player he is and compared him to Ashley Young rofl

Oh yeah! Remember that now. HAHAHAHA
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:09 pm

Please buy somebody ffs

Otherwise i'll be stuck with supporting nobody in the Prem or supporting whatever scrub team buys Quagliarella Sad
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:27 pm

Imagine if we dont sign anyone, do you think we have the quality to reach top 4 this season?
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:29 pm

if we play all season like we did for the last 10-12 games of last season, we could easily finish 2nd, or pip the title. Gigantic, humongous, Snorlax-sized "if", though.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:37 pm

djoe26 wrote:Imagine if we dont sign anyone, do you think we have the quality to reach top 4 this season?
You never know with us, one day we can beat Bayren and next day lose to worst team in the world.lol
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:58 pm

If we didn't sign any players I still think we'd get get top four. Our tactics are better and we've got a settled back four now and as such we've become a harder side to beat. Ramsey is an improved player, Wilshere will be fit from the start, Walcott's finishing has gotten better and Cazorla, Podolski and Giroud will all be settled and you'd expect the latter two to be better than they were last season.

For a top four finish, the quality is already there. Liverpool and Spurs have strengthened but not to the extent that they're certainties for a top four, so I wouldn't be fearing for our position should we decide to do the absolutely insane thing and not sign any players this summer.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:59 pm

Sina wrote:since there is nothing happening lets recycle some quotes Razz

-Marco Reus in 2011: "I think everyone has their favourite club. I was always a fan of Arsenal, because I appreciate their style of play."
-Marco Reus in April 2013: "My idol was always Tomas Rosicky. He is phenomenal. I copied everything about him, right down to his sweatbands."
-(In April) Reporter: Would you consider moving to the PL? Reus: "You should never say never. But I have a contract with a team I love."[via@MessiMinutes]

Proud Heart

Marco Reus "My heart is set on Dortmund, I can't imagine myself in another team. The only other team I follow is Manchester United"

Proud Reus putting PL clubs on alert if dortmund demise
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:02 pm

window closes end of august. i've been supporting arsenal since 1996 and i belive i know wenger and his antics. thing is if u r a new arsenal fan, u have to like arsenal 4 wat it is. wat it is at the moment is all wenger. so before u castigate wenger for anything, please look at wat he has done with the transfer seasons before....in 99...who knew thierry would be great 5 years on? no1. but back then, every current player backed wenger's decision, and the team intergrated well. but now its all about the overatted cups and personal glory. the players are the one to blame moreso, the market has been so polluted up to a point where 1 team values a player 100m+ pounds(yes the chickens standing on top of a ball). the greatest transfer point of this season is we havent lost any star player, especially our best. this means our style of play can continue up from wer we left from. if wenger finally concedes to fans' needs we will eventually end up with overpriced good priced which further dilutes the market. guys, this is nit footballl manager, wer u can experiment with any signing. its reality. it YOU wack a** fans and the media who try to bring this great club down...one moment jovetic is not the ideal signing in this forum, he goes to city and its now f*** wenger. please revist the reason u started suppporting this GREAT club. i love it for it being arsenal. i just love evry moment the ref blows every match to start a new game. who knew ljuberg before arsnal move? or watched any game pires played before coming to arsenal? everyone knew Suker before joining arsenal but wat happened. just trust wenger please.......
please....i'm begging. as log as we dont lose any knucklehead in the squad, we are good.
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:08 pm

djoe26 wrote:Imagine if we dont sign anyone, do you think we have the quality to reach top 4 this season?

I think that if the Manager changes do not cause the teams above us to drop significant points there are 3 or 4 teams that will be fighting for 4th place. With us being one of those teams without any chance of silverware.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:10 pm

As long as we have Arsene, 4th place is safe. And what Jay said.

However it will be even more difficult than it has been in the last 2 years. However 4th or top 4 should never be our priority. For the last 2 years, it was due to shitty circumstances we ended up in a dog fight. A club like us should always be aiming for the top.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:10 pm

since1996 wrote:window closes end of august. i've been supporting arsenal since 1996 and i belive i know wenger and his antics. thing is if u r a new arsenal fan, u have to like arsenal 4 wat it is. wat it is at the moment is all wenger. so before u castigate wenger for anything, please look at wat he has done with the transfer seasons before....in 99...who knew thierry would be great 5 years on? no1. but back then, every current player backed wenger's decision, and the team intergrated well. but now its all about the overatted cups and personal glory. the players are the one to blame moreso, the market has been so polluted up to a point where 1 team values a player 100m+ pounds(yes the chickens standing on top of a ball). the greatest transfer point of this season is we havent lost any star player, especially our best. this means our style of play can continue up from wer we left from. if wenger finally concedes to fans' needs we will eventually end up with overpriced good priced which further dilutes the market. guys, this is nit footballl manager, wer u can experiment with any signing. its reality. it YOU wack a** fans and the media who try to bring this great club down...one moment jovetic is not the ideal signing in this forum, he goes to city and its now f*** wenger. please revist the reason u started suppporting this GREAT club. i love it for it being arsenal. i just love evry moment the ref blows every match to start a new game.  who knew ljuberg before arsnal move? or watched any game pires played before coming to arsenal? everyone knew Suker before joining arsenal but wat happened. just trust wenger please.......
please....i'm begging. as log as we dont lose any knucklehead in the squad, we are good.

Top post
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:12 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:If we didn't sign any players I still think we'd get get top four. Our tactics are better and we've got a settled back four now and as such we've become a harder side to beat. Ramsey is an improved player, Wilshere will be fit from the start, Walcott's finishing has gotten better and Cazorla, Podolski and Giroud will all be settled and you'd expect the latter two to be better than they were last season.

For a top four finish, the quality is already there. Liverpool and Spurs have strengthened but not to the extent that they're certainties for a top four, so I wouldn't be fearing for our position should we decide to do the absolutely insane thing and not sign any players this summer.

+1000000000000000000000000
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:29 pm

Lex wrote:if we play all season like we did for the last 10-12 games of last season, we could easily finish 2nd, or pip the title. Gigantic, humongous, Snorlax-sized "if", though.

maybe top 4, but not a title challenge, last 10 games of the season we actually played like crap most of the time. throughout a season we would simply get punished.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:31 pm

Think Spurs would run us very very closely again. If Bale leaves them and we get Suarez then situation becomes very different.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:32 pm

I have a genuine question here. Can a ball playing cb with pace be used as a defensive mid? vermalen next to arteta in the middle, when games need to be closed out.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:34 pm

REWB wrote:
Lex wrote:if we play all season like we did for the last 10-12 games of last season, we could easily finish 2nd, or pip the title. Gigantic, humongous, Snorlax-sized "if", though.

maybe top 4, but not a title challenge, last 10 games of the season we actually played like crap most of the time. throughout a season we would simply get punished.

its never about how good u play. its about the mentality. remember the saying, great strikers win u games, but great defence wins u titles... serach for the actual definition of cohesion. thats how u wud describe arsenal's last ten games last season
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:39 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote: I have a genuine question here. Can a ball playing cb with pace be used as a defensive mid?  vermalen next to arteta in the middle, when games need to be closed out.

defensive midfielder has actually lost its value to new football fans. a defensive midfieder naturally should pick up loose balls, distribute to theb2b midfielder or anyone closer to restart player. having a ball playing defender in that position is like having a sweeper(90's tactics). this means u wud be more vulnerable to regular attacking. a dm should be a naturally gifted intelligent player with the ability to intercept play and restart play at the same time
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:46 pm

since1996 wrote:
Arsenalfaithfull wrote: I have a genuine question here. Can a ball playing cb with pace be used as a defensive mid?  vermalen next to arteta in the middle, when games need to be closed out.

defensive midfielder has actually lost its value to new football fans. a defensive midfieder naturally should pick up loose balls, distribute to theb2b midfielder or anyone closer to restart player. having a ball playing defender in that position is like having a sweeper(90's tactics). this means u wud be more vulnerable to regular attacking. a dm should be a naturally gifted intelligent player with the ability to intercept play and restart play at the same time

Do we have any players bar arteta who fits the description then? Do you not think a dm is needed for the stability of the team? What happens when arteta is injured?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next