SUPERCARTTS
Raptorgunner
Sina
MarcoReus
EL Patron
58 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Chumlum Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:51 am

urbaNRoots wrote:It's true, crazy innit... they pay their players very well.

I believe CL football would make the difference, he wants a place in the first Brazil XI in WC2014 and he won't have it without playing CL or EL.

I just don't think Wenger is interested Laughing

Bild reported that Arsenal are in for him.

Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:48 am

Got a feeling we will see Fellaini at Arsenal in the end.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:49 am

I think only Chelsea are linked, and I'm not saying it would even happen. But what would people think of a £15-20m move for Sami Khedira?
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:54 am

Rooney, Cesc, Suarez and Fellaini, Rg :bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:56 am

Chumlum wrote:I think only Chelsea are linked, and I'm not saying it would even happen. But what would people think of a £15-20m move for Sami Khedira?

There is no way Mehdrid will sell him for that price and I can't see him wanting to leave to be honest.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:04 am

EL Patron wrote:
Chumlum wrote:I think only Chelsea are linked, and I'm not saying it would even happen. But what would people think of a £15-20m move for Sami Khedira?

There is no way Mehdrid will sell him for that price and I can't see him wanting to leave to be honest.

Yeah I don't know what RM plan for him or what he wants to do. As for the figures I suggested, I just saw papers linking him with a possible move that would have been in the low 20m for euros, so roughly converted to pounds, with two years left on the market, and AW's eye for a bargain ... it was just a guess.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:10 am

Chumlum Thumbs up

I'm not sure if he's for sale, but if he's we should all over him. It looks like Zidane is trying to bring Kondogbia in... we should be getting one of them or Gustavo

All three would improve our squad, no excuses for Wenger Wink
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:45 am

Arsenal are still in for Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan with Munich's Luiz Gustavo as a back-up option. (Mirror)

loooool
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:47 am

Luis #Suárez breaks his silence in explosive interview with @guardian_sport. Online soon at theguardian.com/sport #lfc #afc
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:57 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRBEqe-CEAA0-fP.jpg:large
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:59 am

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 40 BRBFjNiCUAAg0bQ
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:00 am

RealGunner wrote:Arsenal are still in for Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan with Munich's Luiz Gustavo as a back-up option. (Mirror)

loooool

Not as bad as Schweinsteiger (backup for Cex Laughing) to United rumours
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:04 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Arsenal are still in for Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan with Munich's Luiz Gustavo as a back-up option. (Mirror)

loooool

both from the Mirror Proud dat journalism
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:05 am

urbaNRoots wrote:

loooool

as if We have the luxury to have Gustavo as a back up option Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:12 am

Suarez has spoken

Luis Suárez has pleaded with Liverpool to fulfil the promise they made a year ago and let him leave Anfield. The Uruguay striker insists that he is prepared to submit a written transfer request by the end of the week if the club continue to block his move to Arsenal. Speaking for the first time since Arsenal made a £40,000,001 bid for him, Suárez told the Guardian he believes that he has been left little alternative.

"Last year I had the opportunity to move to a big European club and I stayed on the understanding that if we failed to qualify for the Champions League the following season I'd be allowed to go," he revealed. "I gave absolutely everything last season but it was not enough to give us a top-four finish – now all I want is for Liverpool to honour our agreement."

"I don't feel betrayed [by Liverpool] but the club promised me something a year ago just as I promised them that I would stay and try everything possible to get us into the Champions League.

"They gave me their word a year ago and now I want them to honour that. And it is not just something verbal with the coach but something that is written in the contract. I'm not going to another club to hurt Liverpool."

"They defended me, just like I defended them on the pitch. The players have always supported me and I'm grateful for that. It's the same with the supporters. I got a great reception at the weekend and I am grateful. I don't think the supporters are angry – I think they understand a player when he has the ambition to triumph at the highest level.

"When you are at a club for as long as you are together you stick up for each other but that does not give the club the right to go back on their commitment."

"I'm 26. I need to be playing in the Champions League. I waited one year and no one can say that I did not give everything possible with my team-mates last season to get us there."

He continues: "It is not as if I am asking to move to a local rival. And I would not consider moving to a club outside the Champions League. I have made my desire to move known in private various times and now it feels like the time for me to make it public.

"I have to put my career first. People say Liverpool deserve more from me but I have scored 50goals in less than 100 games and now they could double the money they paid for me.

"People may accuse me of showing a lack of loyalty but last season we told Liverpool there was interest from a top European club but they told me: 'We've got a new coach and we're going to push for the Champions League.'

"I spoke with Brendan Rodgers several times and he told me: 'Stay another season, and you have my word if we don't make it then I will personally make sure that you can leave.'"

Now the story has changed. "Liverpool is a club with a reputation for doing things the right way," Suárez says. "I just want them to abide by the promises made last season. Some of [my team-mates] say to me: 'We cannot understand that if you have it signed that you can't leave.'"

But that is not the only story that has changed. Arsenal's interest and Suárez's apparent willingness to move to the Emirates sits uneasily with his previous insistence that the problem resided largely with the English media: London is in England too. Anonymity may prove easier in London than Liverpool but that is not an explanation Suárez offers for the contradiction. He instead suggests that it was merely the inevitable answer to an inevitable question. In any case, he says this is about football, not infamy.

"I was asked a question: 'Would I want to play for Madrid?' It's like anyone asked if they want to change jobs and move to a bigger company. Everyone aspires to the highest levels and all I did was give an honest answer: 'Yes, I would.' On the same day I gave that interview Pepe Reina said the same thing about Barcelona and nobody mentioned it. But if I do it then it means I am disrespecting Liverpool. It has always been the same: one rule for me and another for everyone else.

"I had just arrived in Uruguay where the press are very good to me because I am one of theirs," he continues. "They asked me about the press in England. What am I supposed to say? Of course I don't like the fact that my wife goes to the supermarket and there are photographers. But I realise that the press attention is the same wherever you go."

The bid from Arsenal stings, though. Suárez's response is simple: "My priority is Champions League football. This is about me doing what is right for my career at this moment in time.

"Right now the Premier League is the biggest and most important league. My record shows that I'm not the kind of player who wants to change clubs every season and I would have no problem playing in England for many more years. If we are just talking about the level of the football and the way the supporters are then it is an incredible league. Any player in the world at the moment would like to play here."

Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/06/luis-suarez-liverpool-arsenal-transfer?CMP=twt_gu
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:13 am

I knew this week would decide it, Mentioned it in other threads. Watching him play in Arsenal shirt will make you guys smile. Hope he doesn't pull any sort of crap on you people. Best of luck next season, I dont think im needed in this thread now.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:15 am

Nishank wrote:I knew this week would decide it, Mentioned it in other threads. Watching him play in Arsenal shirt will make you guys smile. Hope he doesn't pull any sort of crap on you people. Best of luck next season, I dont think im needed in this thread now.

It still doesn't mean Liverpool will sell him, Suarez could take legal action over the clause

-------

http://www.goallegacy.net/viewtopic.forum?t=32185
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40