futbol
I Have Mono
Gil
51 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Buffon is past it - Page 7 Empty Re: Buffon is past it

Post by jibers Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:36 pm

Already said this 2-3 years ago. He is not WC. people still living in late 90s early 2000s

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:41 pm

Back surgery and old age do not mix well unfortunately.

It's way, way too easy to catch him off guard with a long shot now.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:12 pm

jibers wrote:Already said this 2-3 years ago. He is not WC. people still living in late 90s early 2000s
Well 2-3 years ago you would be wrong. Still had some stellar performances in the past two seasons. But now his mistakes are becoming way too common.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:48 pm

Every one knew this apart from some blind juve/italy fans.

Gil :bow:
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:28 am

Love how all the hindsight know-it-all prophets have professed this for "so long" especially considering how amazing Buffon was under Conte in his first two seasons, after coming off of form far worse than this.

His game saving performances for Italia in the last 3 international breaks only indicate a mental lapse in form to which he has overcame in before in his career. Top GKs like Cech etc reinvent themselves and consistently return to reign supreme once again and if Buffon can be so masterful for Italia, he certainly can for Juve.

Problem is he is given to much faith and needs to be kept on his toes again to reinvent his game and lack of judgement when it comes to ball trajectories.

Common rule is when a GK is making many mistakes, a renaissance is needed within his game, intangibles need to be allocated. GKs who decline simply stop saving, Buffon's performances are polarizing, which only helps to serve that there is way too much in his game to be declared as finished.

Heard this BS all before.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:24 am

Arquitescu wrote:Love how all the hindsight know-it-all prophets have professed this for "so long" especially considering how amazing Buffon was under Conte in his first two seasons, after coming off of form far worse than this.

His game saving performances for Italia in the last 3 international breaks only indicate a mental lapse in form to which he has overcame in before in his career. Top GKs like Cech etc reinvent themselves and consistently return to reign supreme once again and if Buffon can be so masterful for Italia, he certainly can for Juve.

Problem is he is given to much faith and needs to be kept on his toes again to reinvent his game and lack of judgement when it comes to ball trajectories.

Common rule is when a GK is making many mistakes, a renaissance is needed within his game, intangibles need to be allocated. GKs who decline simply stop saving, Buffon's performances are polarizing, which only helps to serve that there is way too much in his game to be declared as finished.

disagree Arqy. I already said that Buffon had deteriorated, at least physically. He was still amazing at organising his defence, perhaps the best I have ever seen, but his physical abilities where under par. Even when Juve went unbeaten the defence prevented him from being tested as much. I never thought he was WC tbh. Very good gk still. I agree maybe lack of compettion has led to his decline, ala Iker.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:48 pm

jibers wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:Love how all the hindsight know-it-all prophets have professed this for "so long" especially considering how amazing Buffon was under Conte in his first two seasons, after coming off of form far worse than this.

disagree Arqy. I already said that Buffon had deteriorated, at least physically. He was still amazing at organising his defence, perhaps the best I have ever seen, but his physical abilities where under par. Even when Juve went unbeaten the defence prevented him from being tested as much. I never thought he was WC tbh. Very good gk still. I agree maybe lack of compettion has led to his decline, ala Iker.
Do you mean you never ever thought he was WC? or over the past few years?
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:54 pm

One thing is for sure, Courtois would have conceded every goal Buffon conceded yesterday.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:18 pm

Cassius wrote:
jibers wrote:

Do you mean you never ever thought he was WC? or over the past few years?
At his peak he is the best GK I have seen in my lifetime. I rate him far higher than Big Peter.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:45 am

Le Samourai wrote:One thing is for sure, Courtois would have conceded every goal Buffon conceded yesterday.
That is not true. The second goal from out side the box should be a routine save for any professional goalkeepers. Buffon jumped like he slipped,very poor jumping.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:34 am

Had a cracker of a game vs Napoli inthe 3-0 win, 2 clean sheets in a row now aswell. Without Gigi in net that night we wouldnt have kept a clean sheet, he was magnificent.

Hopefully this is a sign of him getting back into form.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:40 pm

jibers wrote:

Apologies to which I did not read this.

Your points are presented very well and I cannot find myself to disagree. Though as predicted by the spectrum, his recent return to form is testament to how the such GKs continuously make a reprisal from their worst. Still more to judge.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:46 pm

King Kong Congolai Congolese Cheillini tries his best to ruin Maxy Pant's 100% clean sheet record by conceding a penalty to Atalanta.

Gianluigi Buffon steps in to deny German "The Panzerschreck" Denis from the spot with a cat like save.

0 goals conceded from Gigi all season and has been flawless from the spot when called upon.

Distributing the ball fantastically as well.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:21 pm

Notice where he points.

https://vine.co/v/OZH1131jtUZ
The Franchise
The Franchise