Firenze
LeVersacci
RealGunner
SaintJoe
Kaladin
21 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:12 am

Read few more non-spoiler thoughts and more people are saying that the story unfolds the same way as it did in FF9.

Which basically was that you spend 3/4 of the game without A LOT of the story and just exploring and building up characters and visiting places but the story in the final 1/4 unfolds thick and fast.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Firenze Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:25 am

and it's very divisive from peoples no spoiler reactions, seen ppl say they really liked the story late on and others saying they hated it

because apparently the game becomes very linear late on to focus on the story hmm

seems to be divisive because people overlook the lack of the story due to the open world gameplay being really fun..then you're thrust into a linear path for a story they've neglected for the first 3/4 of the game and expect it to carry the experience when you've probably been given no reason to care (my guess)

not gonna read any more impressions etc, reviews will drop tomorrow, will look at scores but that's it, just gonna jump in and smash it tuesday
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:29 am

hope there's lots of end game content though, could you still play after the ending of previous FF games? or did you have to load a save before the end hmm

heard there are plenty of high lvl dungeons and hunts, I guess that would count as end game
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:32 am

That's the way most FF games go though. Towards the end they want you to focus on the story itself so they start blocking the open world and make it as linear as possible so you go where you have to.

Scores are going to be 8/10 or above mostly i think.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:21 am

Linearity or not it doesn't matter to me if it's done well. VIII to X were pretty linear but it was done great. XII and I to V we very non linear and it was great too. VI and VII somewhere in between.

Also know that I'm looking into ps4 I realized that XII the zodiac age is coming. That's gonna be great.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:58 am

Got the game lads. I just got the back to Belgium and the game here released on saturday. Will pick it up from the store (together with the ps4) after work.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:25 pm

logged on thegamecollection and see a big out of stock sign on FFXV page and was looking for the nearest person to spear, thankfully my copy was despatched ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:17 pm

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 14 Otah1axuyzuoagqcjlzp

I post this because it gets to the point Laughing which is most reviews seem to feel the same way. Looking at the positives and negatives that are being mentioned it seems like it's between an 8 and 9 game across the board though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:24 pm

I think i'm going to get it tbh, just not right now as i just bought 3 games Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:05 pm

Looked at the review scores and quite happy with them

9/10 on destructoid
9/10 on Polygon
8.2/10 on IGN
86% on metacritic
8/10 on Gamespot
8.5/10 on gameinformer

For a game 10 years in making. It survived the Duke Nukem syndrome.

This is a huge success and at least it saved the FF series from being obsolete.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:12 pm

So we getting it tomorrow afterall Firenze

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:21 pm

RealGunner wrote:Looked at the review scores and quite happy with them

9/10 on destructoid
9/10 on Polygon
8.2/10 on IGN
86% on metacritic
8/10 on Gamespot
8.5/10 on gameinformer

For a game 10 years in making. It survived the Duke Nukem syndrome.

This is a huge success and at least it saved the FF series from being obsolete.

Agreed.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:43 pm

Unbelievable, DDP came today at 12:30 while i was out, i already told them to drop it in my mailbox today, just returned to find nothing there the *bleep*, rang them up and they said it was a priority shipment so it needed a signature, *bleep* piece of shit shipping and tomorrow i wont be home until 6ish so i will have to *bleep* stay home on wednesday and twiddle my thumbs for His Highness Crown Prince of go *bleep* yourself
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:48 pm

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 14 25087305
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:56 pm

can't wait for tomorrow ffs

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:01 pm

got the game and a ps4!

Been playing the beginning now, takes a while because I had to update the ps4 right away and set up the profile and everything. Then the game comes with a 9 gb update too. Just doing tutorials so far, combat seems awesome but hard, it will take a while to master but no doubt it will be great when I'm used to it. Magic looks amazing. You get to craft spells of different potency (power) and they basically get cooler as you power them up. Also the after effects, blizzard gets everybody kinda frozen and slow, fire leaves burning pires, etc. And there is friendly fire with magic so you have to be on the look out for that.

Then the warping around, the parrying, group attacks, etc. Im only on the combat tutorials and it already looks awesome.

The music is excellent too but I guess you guys knew that.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:10 pm

Unreal banter when Rincon didn't even have a PS4 yesterday and he's playing it before any of you rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:20 pm

Can't wait ffs. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:29 pm

If anyone (I know some of you have) has played FFX, this beginning feels like exactly that, but open more world. Which is a great thing.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:57 pm

RealGunner wrote:So we getting it tomorrow afterall Firenze

recommending me some fraud company ffs

might be today, might be tomorrow (let's be honest not leaving my house for a month for this though) but some day you'll be outside doing some shopping or something and BAM, spear out of nowhere Mad

pretty hype though

inb4 I drop it down from normal to easy
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:02 pm

Nah if it wasn't for Black friday I am sure we would have had it earlier. This is literally the first time they have not sent me the game earlier than I expected. I got UC4 2 days before release ffs.

I can't seem to game for long periods anymore so not sure how i'll play this.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:18 pm

Available for $50 on Cyber Monday but I already spent way too much money. Will probably buy it during summer. Reviews are good.

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 14 Otah1axuyzuoagqcjlzp
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:04 am

when are all you pos getting around to playing it?

I'll get right back on it tonight. The combat tutorial is a bit complicated but once you start the game things are easier but very fun fighting. Then I went exploring at one point and got absolutely wrecked by a guy doing 9999 damage to me when I only had like 500 hp Laughing

Btw 10/10 on the first dungeon. The level design and the atmosphere was much better than what I would expect at the beginning of an RPG.

Also, to add to the fantastic music, you can purchase a media player for your car and get the older FF soundtracks on it. I'm guessing you'll get the soundtracks as you advance, at first there is only FF IV and VIII. Would be awesome to get IX and X. Driving around this desert/plain while playing "To Zanarkand" would be epic.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:04 pm

installing the 9gb update atm, will start the game in an hr or so hmm

all story talk in clearly tagged spoilers from now on imo hmm
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:14 pm

Firenze wrote:installing the 9gb update atm, will start the game in an hr or so hmm

all story talk in clearly tagged spoilers from now on imo hmm

Yeah we should tag all spoilers
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:51 pm

sat and listened to the title screen theme for about 10 mins ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum