Firenze
LeVersacci
RealGunner
SaintJoe
Kaladin
21 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 27 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:37 pm

Firenze wrote:RG how is it taking you so long, swear you've been smashing this, chapter 1 ffs? I'm legit doing every single side quest I can besides one that's too high lvl for me before I head to Altissa that big city that's like Venice from the gameplay videos I saw last year. 45 hrs played. Guess I'm about halfway through the story. Hope there are a lot of side quests in Altissa too. Can see this game taking me 70+ hrs. Hear the end game content is great too.

I haven't played much. Often 30-50 minutes a day. I just keep it on most of the day.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 27 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Firenze Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:52 am

My PS4 gets pretty loud playing this ffs, anyone else? should probably get a slim soon
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:59 am

Nah mine too. Loudest it has ever been for a game.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:45 am

Just got to the final part of an NPC who gives out quests. Completely ridiculous and impossible without a guide ffs.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:23 pm

Love fighting the Imperial Army. Insane soundtrack and fighting animations.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:04 pm

I'm in the more linear seeming part of the game now, boss battle in the chapter I played earlier was pretty epic but the camera during it was cancer. Story picking up a little. Think I'm on chapter 10 so will probably finish it in 2 days if not tomorrow evening.

In terms of platinum, can already tell the last trophy will be getting Gladiolus survival skill to level 10. Need 2.3 lvls in it ffs. Was reading the best method and people said tie a rubber band around the analog sticks  and leave your console on for 30 hours rofl that's how long it takes to level it from 0-10 apparently

hopefully with the end game content etc I will only need to go from level 9-10 in it

can't see this surpassing Uncharted 4 for me but will be one of my fav games of the year
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:06 pm

How is the story?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:09 pm

Only really started to pick up at the end of chapter 9 tbh, like I said seems to be more linear now so hopefully it starts going full story mode. 15 chapters so I only have 5 left.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:11 pm

Yea that's where more or less I'd expect the story to start properly. Most of the time I forget there is a story to play as well lol.

Driving around while listening to the main theme of FF7. That nostalgia. Sad Sad

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:37 pm

I'm on chapter 13 atm, this chapter gets unreal hate for it's gameplay decisions lol. Not finding it too bad so far,but can understand why people would dislike it

wasn't planning on finishing it tonight but I may have to, the linear chapters are quite short
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:41 pm

Lost in that tomb/dungeon where you gotta find the royals arm.

Wtf is this maze
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:44 pm

I only got ridiculously lost in one of those so far, some of the dungeons have been the best gameplay IMO.

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:21 am

chapter 13 is like 2 hrs long ffs

feels like they intentionally implement certain gameplay decisions late on to prolong the length of the game.. like restricting you from running which is annoying

I will finish it tomorrow since I'm clearly near the ending now, main villain is cool, so are the group, every other character in the game is worthless lol which is disappointing

also I can tell these linear sections were where the panic set in since they are quite short and feel rushed..like they had all the cool open world stuff but were running low on time and had to rush stuff together to finish the story

won't rate it until I finish the main game, thankfully the gameplay is really satisfying and I find all of the party likable

one thing I will say though is that people give No Man's Sky flack for completely lying but you could dig up a list that surpasses that for FFXV stuff that was said in the last year

like the map size for one, Altissia has an amazing design but it was incredibly disappointing..place is tiny and basically nothing to it ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by aldrin_only Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:55 am

I think I'll have it finished tonight. I'm at chapter 14. But I may have to replay it after.

It was fun, but like what the others mentioned, it feels a bit rushed.
aldrin_only
aldrin_only
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:51 pm

sales don't seem that great for the game btw unless a massive amount got it digitally

decent but not amazing considering the budget lol, doubt they will recoup

also and this is pretty big and indicative that they are not satisfied with the game and especially the story

FFXV's future updates adjust chapters, add cutscenes, add playable characters

FFXV Update road map
Short term goals
First of all, improve chapter 13.

Mid term goals
Improve the story in the second half by having full voiced event scenes. This is mid term goal since they have to localize all the new stuff into several different languages which takes time.

Long term goals
Allow the important characters that appeared in the story to be playable. Also currently determining if they will add an avatar system in the game, where you can create your own character.

Others
New game +, Low level runs, invincibility options, increase font size to make text more easy to read.

they mention adjusting chapter 13 specifically, add 'events' in the later chapters that expand upon certain characters/let us play as characters in the game

also adding the cutscenes, seen a lot of people disappointed with cutscenes in this game compared to previous ones, there are only a couple of CG in the entire game, one I saw was very nicem the rest are in game cutscenes that look alright

I am annoyed because I'm not playing through the game again even if it's for a better experience in the story (they are going to add a NG+ with benefits though)

I have never seen anything like thise for a game in terms of updates on console, it's like they think it's an MMO?
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:32 pm

^in that same message they mentioned how great the sales were. 5 million at release makes it the fastest selling final fantasy ever.

Last edited by rincon on Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:32 pm

Any time a publisher releases sales numbers about shipped sales it's never good lol.

Shipped sales is absolutely meaningless and it all means is how many they shipped to stores and not sold to customers.

That said it probably did decently well, but not that 5m crap they tried to pass of as sold lol.

From the Polygon article about it...

The specificity of the language here — “day one shipment” — implies these are copies sold in to retailers, not sold through to customers.

Unbelievable that they still get away with this crap and people actually believe it means something, Konami did the same thing with MGSV. It sounds good but it's nowhere near the reality of the situation.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:36 pm

yeah shipped is completely irrelevant, so far we have data from the UK where it was 120K or something (minus digital which could be a decent amount but you would figure no more than 60K at best, which puts it behind FF13 in the UK

and we have the Japanese figures where it sold 680K which is the second lowest ever in FF history

I could see it doing 2.5 Worldwide which is good but I'm sure they were hoping for me, will be interesting to see if it has long term sales legs but I was reading that historically FF series has a huge falloff after first week sales.

of course there are things to consider with this like FF13 the hype was insane for it at the time but post release it's quite disliked among a lot of fans, even I bought it at release and I had no interest in FF really, the hype got me to buy it ffs

and the fact that Japanese console market is in huge decline in general

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:42 pm

Put it into perspective. It sold 690K physical copies topping the charts in japan, and then it broke the record for the most downloaded game ever over there upon release. Also broke the record of most physical+downloaded sales in asia excluding japan. It selling less than older FF in Japan is due to nothing else but a much smaller console market than before.

The 5m figure is also including the downloaded games. You can be sure that its not too different from it in terms of shipped vs sold.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:45 pm

digital downloads are still very far behind physical sales across the board, I'd be incredibly shocked if this game broke 3m sold
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:49 pm

Rincon didn't you say you were waiting for this game for years or something? did you make it to Altissia and what are your thoughts (will spoiler it just in case but I'm just talking about the city in general)

Spoiler:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:55 pm

oh yeah another thing, the OST songs that are in the game are amazing, Somnus, Valse Di Fantastica, Battle Theme, Boss theme, but there are too few IMO, can count the number of times on one hand where OST has played, would have added to the atmosphere a lot more in places. Which to me is a trend in the game - missed potential.

Sounds like I'm complaining all the time but the game had potential to be a 11/10 and it's barely an 8 so far IMO which I find disappointing. The groundwork is all there but the execution is lacking. Really hoping for a strong ending to bump it up though.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:04 pm

Firenze wrote:digital downloads are still very far behind physical sales across the board, I'd be incredibly shocked if this game broke 3m sold

It will be less than what they quoted but it will be fine. If they expected more than what it will be then its on them, its basically topping every chart already.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:08 pm

Firenze wrote:Rincon didn't you say you were waiting for this game for years or something? did you make it to Altissia and what are your thoughts (will spoiler it just in case but I'm just talking about the city in general)

Spoiler:

For sure waiting for this for years, but I do for every final fantasy. Its my favorite gaming series, have played all of them to some degree. I havent gotten to Altissia yet, I got the everything ready to go but I'm doing sidequests and hunts first cause I get the feeling that once I go there I'll keep on until I finish the game.

I'll comment on it when I see it.

Lestallum was visually amazing as well, and I thought they captured a good vibe. I liked the power plant as well as that's pretty much taken straight out of FFVII. So that always brings back memories. Here is what Im talking about.

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 27 Latest?cb=20110522200323

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 27 Hqdefault
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:09 pm

Topping charts is pretty meaningless IMO.

Just says it sold more in that week and it isn't over here anyway, the reason they used such language is to make it sound like it's better than it is like everyone else.

Also practically no company releases accurate sales numbers anymore anyway, it's always hidden behind such BS terms of most unique players or most shipped etc etc.

If it was anywhere near as good as they say it is then they wouldn't be hiding behind these terms.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:12 pm

Firenze wrote:Sounds like I'm complaining all the time but the game had potential to be a 11/10 and it's barely an 8 so far IMO which I find disappointing. The groundwork is all there but the execution is lacking. Really hoping for a strong ending to bump it up though.

This is a big thing. The basically scrapped everything but the setting/character design, swapped directors and turned it into FFXV in 2013. No doubt the current team were rushed to finish it.

In all their recent games they release a later version like 2-3 years later with more stuff (cutscenes, gameplay, optional bosses, etc.) and call it "international", "final mix", etc. But those rarely get released on the west. Now with them embracing DLC we'll get all the updates as interest remains.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next