Jay29
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Sina
SamuelJayC
58 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 27 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by furiouswindbottom Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:47 am

From the reliable 'Daily Telegraph.'

''Higuain is understood to have agreed personal terms of around £130,000 a week and is on the verge of leaving Real Madrid to become the first high-profile recruit of the summer at the Emirates Stadium.''

In transfer terms, we've rounded the keeper and are 10 yards from goal in a central position.

Just hope this doesn't happen.

furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 27 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:55 am

Honda seems to be a player who performs better for his country and his club. Obviously I don't watch CSKA Moscow regularly but from what I hear he hasn't exactly been in amazing form there. Available to sign on a free in January, it could be worth it.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:00 am

I still want the monster that is Fellaini.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:27 am

Alisher Usmanov tells @CNBCWorld "Arsène is a great coach" & "Rooney would be a great player for Arsenal." http://bit.ly/11O6788

------------------------------------

Mikel has confirmed he is set to join Galatasaray. I really hope this doesn't mean Fellaini goes to Chelsea.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by GenBlizkin Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:03 pm

What about Essien, hes only 30, anything left in the tank?
GenBlizkin
GenBlizkin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:05 pm

We'll buy a new DM if we sell Mikel, I doubt it will be Fellaini though, we haven't been linked to him since Jan.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:36 pm

Evening Standard: Higuaín will be Arsenal's highest-paid player on £125k a week. £22m fee expected to be agreed. #AFC http://bit.ly/14kxtG2

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 27 Tumblr_inline_mkngzoQKNE1qz4rgp
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by GenBlizkin Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:45 pm

WoooooHooooooooo!!!!!

Who do we want next?
GenBlizkin
GenBlizkin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:49 pm

i knew that this would be the year we spend money
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:53 pm

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php?4284-Other-Clubs-Rumours-and-Discussion/page23

spurs fans Very Happy

REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:05 pm

People say Higgy needs service now because thats how we play these days with creative midfielders needing a striker to score on his chances. He didn't always play with this quality. There was a time he played with the likes of Emerson, Gago, Momo Diarra and VDV and he carried us on his back seriously he won't have any problems tweaking his game to get out the maximum out of himself and the team
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:19 pm

Juan Mata. That's all I'm saying. :coffee:

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:27 pm

REWB wrote:

sina someone in the comments makes a good point, is he really any better than other options? has a 15m price tag but no big clubs are linked with him, why?. plus he doesn't look anything special in this vid.

-Leverkusen finished 3rd yet averages below 50% possession(49.4 ,11 in poss table!)

-their best Strength and Weapon remains Counter attacking(as they scored 10 goals on the break last season)

there you have it top 4 team that does prefer to counter while many other when playing them will give them some Respect(ie trying to restrict them
also in many games in their Negative 1-2 midfield Format

Line up:

Lars had to compensate for lack of (Central)creativity(main outlet was Castro playing from right&also pushing fullbacks high up) and playing some more ambitious balls which he is well capable but can result in his Pass comp rate being lower than our midfielders

Hopeful passes:

also Leverkusen doesn't have symmetry and focus their passing far more down the right than Left he had to be on alert and cover space behind Carvajal and give fullback some freedom and then push forward
he has to cover a lot of ground
Lars Sprints:

so under such circumstances its hardly a surprise if he doesn't impress against league minnows

as his role if he joined a side like us would differ to some extent(assuming we playing with fluid midfield that partners take in turn and rotate)

For a player with such engine he boosts solid Technique and Passing and apart from his defensive skill set and versatility what i like most is his Quick-thinking
he knows when to release the ball and Get rid and when to break forward with the ball,with composure and Linking up in advanced positions and getting to good attacking positions
All rounder Smile

about that clause im still dubious and as far as i know Bayern were willing so spend as high 20M for him but Leverkusen Blocked the move
and you know how it panned out when they made 40M Javi Martinez move instead Razz
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by GenBlizkin Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:30 pm

I wish, but Jose wont sell to us.
GenBlizkin
GenBlizkin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:40 pm

Would it be funny if Higuaín went to Chelsea or just another day being Arsenal fan?Laughing Sad

anyone know what was his relationship with Moruino?eco smile

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:45 pm

Lars Laughing Carvajal's biatch

No seriously I thought Lars was great he is your traditional box to box. He has a great engine and helps Leverkusen win back posession up top. Rolfes isn't exactly anyone would want to be paired with but he does his job immensly good. Wenger would be stupid not to go for him. If anything you need his type of player over a striker and therin should lie your priority. If you can get yourself Higgy on top of that then that would be great you don't need another creative player if you play girourd and higgy together something like this:

Cheesney
Sagna-Merte-Kos-Gibbs
Lars-Wilshere
Theo---------------Cazorla
Girourd
Higgy

And please don't tell me it wouldn't work. If a team like Sweden can do it and do decently against most top teams then so can Arsenal. You need someone in the midfield who is everywhere pulling the strings (wilshere) you need one who is very good defensively but knows how to pass the ball around (Lars), you need two very offensive fullbacks (gibbs and sagna), you need two wingers who track back (theo........cazorla should start), you need a creative SS (girourd) and you need a poacher who works hard ( elpipa). Thumbs up

its time Wenger stepped aside from that 4-3-3 and tried something different

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:47 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Would it be funny if Higuaín went to Chelsea or just another day being Arsenal fan?Laughing Sad

anyone know what was his relationship with Moruino?eco smile

Mou likes having two WC players in every position but Mourinho not believing in him is not why he wants to leave. I think he is on good talking terms with him but would not play for him because the rotation of strikers it would occur. abut I could see him going there if Torres and Ba were his only competition
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:05 pm

Mikel Leaving?
lets hope their replacement isnt some Certain midfielder
God after Mata,i dont deserve this ffs No
Romeu ftw banana
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:08 pm

SkyBet has suspended betting on him joining Arsenal.Shocked
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:11 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:you need a creative SS (girourd)

hmm
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:16 pm

Chumlum wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:you need a creative SS (girourd)

hmm
why not..? it will be great to see both Giroud and Higuain together atleast when we are chasing games.. Girouds movement is very good, he can hold the ball, knock them around and set chances for Higuain to finish..Heart
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:19 pm

Yeah I don't totally disagree with the idea, and I think the option of having two strikers up top (for certain situations) is something the squad's lacked at times recently.

I just wouldn't jump to use the phrase "creative SS" about Giroud. Wink
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:20 pm

REWB wrote:http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php?4284-Other-Clubs-Rumours-and-Discussion/page23

spurs fans Very Happy

more from that page..
"I think if Higuian has his heart on joining the scum then Wenger will simply hold on and hold on until Madrid get frustrated and simply sell for a lower fee. "
"and the 22 mill Arse bid is a rumour anyway.....i wouldnt at all be surprised if the fee ends up being between 17-19 mill pounds "

they certainly know how we operate.. Proud
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:26 pm

Giroud doesn't need to be too creative but decent at least. I think he fits into that criteria. At least see how it goes because you do have the right players for such a formation

Wenger Proud driving all teams mad both when buying and selling players Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:29 pm

"If I really want to leave Arsenal, I'm sure there would be a lot of interest," Gervinho told Le Patriote.

"Marseille is one of the leading French clubs and I have a good relationship with some people there.

"I cannot say yes or no but it is always flattering for a player to know that there are a lot of clubs showing interest in him.

"It is true that I had little playing time at Arsenal after the Afcon [Africa Cup of Nations] but it was the choice of the coach, Arsene Wenger.

"Now we are on holidays, I'll take some rest for a while and then come back to seriously think of my future and what to do next.

"We still have three weeks to the new season; I think there is enough time to think of my future."
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:33 pm

Speaking of wingers & wide forwards. Has there been no speculation about Andriy Yarmolenko this summer? I'm surprised clubs aren't going in for him and/or media outlets aren't running stories about it. Or has he been subpar for Dynamo recently?
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next