McAgger
stevieg8
Art Morte
28 posters

Page 31 of 43 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 31 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:58 am

Gerrard to Coutinhooo. . Coutinho to Albertooo . . Alberto to Mkhitaryannnn. . who lays it off for . . . STURRIDGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

BRING IT ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drinkingbananacheers

:bow::bow:

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:07 pm

Fun fact: Together with Swansea we have now got the most Spaniards, five, in our squad in the Premier League.

Welcome, Alberto.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:09 pm

6, if you count the scrub that is Pacheco. Laughing
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:51 pm

I did count him, Reina Enrique Suso Pacheco Alberto.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Fahim89 wrote:Gerrard to Coutinhooo. . Coutinho to Albertooo . . Alberto to Mkhitaryannnn. . who lays it off for . . . STURRIDGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

drinkingbananacheers

So i guess suarez is already sold in your eyes hahahaha
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:17 pm

"I came to the club because of the manager," explained Alberto. "I came here because of the style of football he plays.

"I don't have a favourite position - it depends on the team's tactics really. I like to move about and I don't mind where I play.

"I like to play with freedom. I'm a technical player. I provide assists and in the penalty area I score goals."

Seems legit, we need players who believe in the coach and our style, whilst accepting any role that will benefit the team, hopefully him and couthino are creating deadly balls next year, just need danny to slot them in or suarez if he comes back.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:44 pm

mr-r34 wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:Gerrard to Coutinhooo. . Coutinho to Albertooo . . Alberto to Mkhitaryannnn. . who lays it off for . . . STURRIDGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

drinkingbananacheers

With Real Madrid seemingly more interested in Cavani (and not too keen on his price tag), it may be a little premature to write-off Suarez.

He may yet be here next season.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Would somebody open a thread for Alberto. Anyone who knows any thing please chip-in, I know NOTHING (not really a news flash) about this guy (kid).

Also, if we do sign this Henrikh Whatever guy, I'm going call him just Henri, OK!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:41 pm

Would somebody open a thread for Alberto. Anyone who knows any thing please chip-in, I know NOTHING (not really a news flash) about this guy (kid).

Also, if we do sign this Henrikh Whatever guy, I'm going call him just Henri, OK!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:12 pm

Art Morte wrote:I did count him, Reina Enrique Suso Pacheco Alberto.
Aspas?
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:30 pm

mr-r34 wrote:

drinkingbananacheers

i think fahim is hurt because of his comments

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:08 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
Art Morte wrote:I did count him, Reina Enrique Suso Pacheco Alberto.
Aspas?

Ah, yes, you're right!

Well, then, if we count Pacheco we have the most Spaniards in the Premier League!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:22 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
mr-r34 wrote:

drinkingbananacheers

i think fahim is hurt because of his comments

Thanks HEIL you answered 90% of how i feel. Mr-r34 mate the amount of Banter i had to go through in office amongst friends i mean i fought for this like an idiot & to be honest i feel i sort of deserve being a little angry at his quotes.

Seriously for weeks i had to hide out from some people in the office!! I went to lunch and people were like "biting food only" went to my desk "looking for something to bite" dogs going by the road & friends were like "mateeeeee there goes Suarez" (almost every1 of them ManU fans).

So yes a little hurt. But am not writing of the possibility of him staying considering he hasn't given any interviews recently Razz and Real looking in Cavani & Isco. I am just not willing to talk about him now.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:24 pm

Btw personally the new player i will most look forward to, is Alberto. Really think this guy is gonna surprise us big time!! Much like Coutinho did. Considering Alberto came from the Segunda he will surprise even more!!! Thumbs up
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:49 pm

Brendan Rodgers on Talksports Radio wrote:“Pepe is a fantastic goalkeeper but Simon Mignolet is a player that has done really well.

“He’s also part of an emerging Belgium squad that has come into a golden era. He’s very much a part of that.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130622/exclusive-%E2%80%93-brendan-rodgers-simon-mignolet-will-be-rival-reina-not-his-r-2001

Weird but BR almost confirms Mignolet signing on Talksports. Also says Reina is well aware of the situation & wants to bring in competition for the GK position. hmm
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:15 pm

ynwa wrote:The 20m would all go to Shaktar for only 50% of his services. We'd then have to re-negotiate for the other 50% with the other parties. It's far too difficult, and it will be far too costly. Can't see the club doing it, personally.

50% of Mkhitaryan's services won't let us play him in the BPL btw. We need the full 100% according to the rules for the PL. Co-ownerships do not work in England. Mascherano and Tevez are the only players in recent years to play in the league from third parties. And there was a lot of contreversy there. West Ham got screwed over.

I'm fairly certain this isn't true. With the other 3rd party deals in recent years (looking at Falcao, for instance), the way the third parties recoup their investment is by collecting a portion of the transfer fee. They help contribute to the initial purchase because the team can't afford it, or help with a percentage of wages, and in exchange own a percentage of the player's rights. Then, when bids come in, they get that percentage of the sale price as return on their investment. Shakhtar would have forfeited 50% of his worth by asking for initial help from the third party investors, and now it's time to pay up.

The reason why this would hold up deals though is because the investors also have to sign off on the fee, since they're 50% of the beneficiaries. I'm not sure how it works with a buyout clause, and maybe there's something in Henrikh's contract that we don't know about, but if they're unsatisfied with 50% of 20m (or simply want to be involved in the dealings), then we need to negotiate with them as well. But it's definitely not 20m to Shakhtar plus an extra price to the third parties, and I guarantee we're not going to pay 40m for him in total.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:20 am

Third party deals are the reason why many clubs stay away from quality players.

Falcao and Hulk are two examples in the last couple of years.

I think the last to play in the PL were Tevez and Mascherano who went to West Ham. West Ham were very lucky they only got a hefty fine and didn't get deducted points because it's illegal in the PL, to not own 100% services of a player.

Falcao actually moved to Monaco for 60m (not including wages; even RM and Chelsea pulled out of that!) so he had an option to move to a "bigger" club in the future. Watch him force a move at the end of the next season so he can go somewhere to Madrid or Chelsea for example as they didn't want to pay an inflated fee. Ath. Madrid only owned 55% of his services when they bought him off Porto for 40m. The third party still got half of that, and still owed 45% of his services until he went to Monaco.

The 20m buy-out fee for Shaktar is only for the 50% of his services. We would have to re-negotiate with the third party people to get the other 50%. Which I can't see us doing it as it would be far too costly.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:57 am

If reports are to be believed ter Stegen is about as close to Barca as Mignolet is to LFC, so it would appear that Reina won't be headed there this summer.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:33 am

I can't find a full transcript of BR's interview with Talksport, but he did state that Mignolet is coming as a competition to Reina and not a replacement.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:40 am

He did, but there's still been plenty of speculation/comments suggesting that Reina would be sold to Barca once Mignolet arrived, as well as though who have stated that they want Reina sold.

My post was addressing those comments.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:12 am

Is it not possible that we use them accordingly, like when we need ball distributing and leadership skills from Reina we can play him and when we need skills from the belgian we will use him.hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:43 am

What do people think, could it be Rodgers's intention to have both Reina and Mignolet in the squad for long-term (2-3 years minimum)?

Personally I don't quite see how that's possible.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:45 pm

Art Morte wrote:What do people think, could it be Rodgers's intention to have both Reina and Mignolet in the squad for long-term (2-3 years minimum)?

Personally I don't quite see how that's possible.
I have to agree with you Art. I can't see a long-term time-share system working well for either keeper. It's pretty obvious at this point that Reina will not be getting the Spanish #1 job, but Mignolet is still in competition for Belgium's and will not take to well to that set-up in the long run. Tbh, I'm shocked he would agree to it this season with the world cup coming up in 2014.

If this is a situation where we are planning on keeping to #1 level keepers in the squad for a season, I will be ecstatic. This would give Mignolet the time needed to adjust his game to Rodgers short-distribution/sweeper-keeper system, and ease the transition between him and Reina. Mignolet looks a great shot-stopper, but the part of his game that has yet to be proven is his quick distribution and ball-playing. A season behind Reina will give him time to develop and eventually prove this side of his game.

In any case, I have to believe this is the first step toward the door for Reina. However, that doesn't mean he doesn't still have something left to give the club. Nor does it mean he will be off this season. Hopefully Rodgers is able to manage the both of them for at least one season, as I think it would greatly benefit to have the leadership/experience of Reina with the ability and development of Mignolet.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:28 pm

I don't see what all this fuss is about . . cause in anyway i see LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB benefiting. . . isn't that the whole idea!! scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:50 pm

We had two starting quality Keepers (Dudek & Reina) for a season and then Dudek left. I can see Reina staying for a season since it's rumored that Barca keeper will stay for the 2013-14 and then Reina will replace him in 2014-15.

I think Rodgers have all his bases covered and whatever he has planned will be best for LFC.

I'm more concerned about the CB situation. Though a combination of Agger, Skrtel, Toure, Llori (any updates!) along with Kelly & Wisdom seems fine.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:05 pm

As explained by DTDR, it can be a transistion phase for GK position and no doubt the goalkeepers will learn from each other (probably mignolet from reina). I guess it all comes down to hoe BR is able to manage the whole situation and it looks like he has idea of that.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 43 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37 ... 43  Next