McAgger
stevieg8
Art Morte
28 posters

Page 12 of 43 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 12 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by Art Morte Mon May 27, 2013 10:51 am

My satisfaction with the Toure deal will depend largely on the contract length (and wages, but assuming here they will be modest).

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon May 27, 2013 10:54 am

have you guys heard any rumors of Benzema+Di Maria for Suarez bid from Real?? . . . . Just asking scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon May 27, 2013 10:55 am

Hearts report that Wilson is there 1st summer signing. . . .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon May 27, 2013 10:57 am

Wilson gone official
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hearts/226939-danny-wilson-delighted-after-signing-permanent-deal-with-hearts/

------------------------------------

Daniel Pacheco ‏@dani37pacheco 4m
Thanks all reds for your messages about the wknd. I still got 2 games left then home for few weeks and if nothing changes back to LFC. YNWA

Pacheco looking for changes Razz
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon May 27, 2013 11:08 am

Fahim89 wrote:have you guys heard any rumors of Benzema+Di Maria for Suarez bid from Real?? . . . . Just asking scratch
sorry but dont wanna discuss it at all

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon May 27, 2013 11:19 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:have you guys heard any rumors of Benzema+Di Maria for Suarez bid from Real?? . . . . Just asking scratch

Yeah, that's just some "journo" pulling stuff out his arse. There is not a single reason for those kind of players joining us.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon May 27, 2013 11:25 am

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/wilson-leaves-for-hearts

Wilson leaves for Hearts

Our site confirms. .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon May 27, 2013 11:26 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:

Neither do i but just asking if there were any similar rumors . . .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon May 27, 2013 12:33 pm

Danny Wilson joins Hearts on free transfer from Liverpool

:facepalm:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/danny-wilson-joins-hearts-free-4020047?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon May 27, 2013 12:39 pm

Arent we supposed to get some youth development fee scratch or i misunderstood some rule

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon May 27, 2013 5:27 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:Arent we supposed to get some youth development fee scratch or i misunderstood some rule

he's 22, i'm pretty sure that doesn't apply anymore. i don't know for sure though so i could be wrong.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon May 27, 2013 5:31 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
Oh no, we're going to sign an extremely highly rated young CB who seems to tick all the boxes and an experienced CB who can provide leadership and squad depth, how terrible!
..except that I wanted both of those qualities in a single player, not to mention Toure is way past his prime

Agger-Papadopolous and Agger-Toure both are liability duos

i haven't watched papa play, so all i know is based on reports/youtube videos/posts here on GL, but can you explain what makes that a liability duo? it seems to me that the only major issue with him is that he's injury prone, so if that duo is actually on the field then it seems like there isn't much liability. unless you're assuming that any signing from outside the EPL won't perform right away regardless of situation/talent, which seems like a pretty strange proposition to me.

if kolo is our 4th choice cb (behind skrtel or another signing) then i'm very happy with our cb situation for next year. i'm not sure if we've ever had 4 viable starters at our cb spots (even if there's a clear hierarchy of talent), and i think that competition will bring all of them to new levels. good signings all around assuming they're cost effective, and i'm excited to move on to other positions. :thumbsup:
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon May 27, 2013 5:52 pm

stevieg8 wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:Arent we supposed to get some youth development fee scratch or i misunderstood some rule

he's 22, i'm pretty sure that doesn't apply anymore. i don't know for sure though so i could be wrong.

If I remember right the age limit is as high as 24.

It's a good question, but I'd imagine there are some factors which decide whether the "youth development" club is entitled to a fee. Maybe something like whether he got offered a new contract ( Wilson pretty sure didn't) or will he be on equal or higher wages at his new club. You know, something to indicate that the development club is losing a player who has actually developed there. I'd think it'd be unfair on Hearts if they had to pay for Wilson because I don't think we'll miss him or that Hearts will sell him on for big bucks (although wouldn't mind if as a safeguard we'd get a % of a possible sell-on fee).
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon May 27, 2013 8:35 pm

Wilsons contract was out, they dont have to pay us anything.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon May 27, 2013 8:54 pm

McAgger wrote:Wilsons contract was out, they dont have to pay us anything.

Yes, but with young players it's not just that their contract is out, like with Junior Hoilett from Blackburn to QPR or Sturridge back in the day from City to Chelsea clubs sometimes have to pay a "youth development" fee when they get a young free agent.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue May 28, 2013 8:01 am

stevieg8 wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:
Oh no, we're going to sign an extremely highly rated young CB who seems to tick all the boxes and an experienced CB who can provide leadership and squad depth, how terrible!
..except that I wanted both of those qualities in a single player, not to mention Toure is way past his prime

Agger-Papadopolous and Agger-Toure both are liability duos

i haven't watched papa play, so all i know is based on reports/youtube videos/posts here on GL, but can you explain what makes that a liability duo? it seems to me that the only major issue with him is that he's injury prone, so if that duo is actually on the field then it seems like there isn't much liability. unless you're assuming that any signing from outside the EPL won't perform right away regardless of situation/talent, which seems like a pretty strange proposition to me.

if kolo is our 4th choice cb (behind skrtel or another signing) then i'm very happy with our cb situation for next year. i'm not sure if we've ever had 4 viable starters at our cb spots (even if there's a clear hierarchy of talent), and i think that competition will bring all of them to new levels. good signings all around assuming they're cost effective, and i'm excited to move on to other positions. :thumbsup:
Papadopoulous is just 21 and making a step up from Bundesliga to EPL is a huge deal for someone as inexperienced as him. Besides, he'll be slot into the starting eleven straight away. He'll require time to adapt and any errors he commits will be magnified greatly. Not to mention he and Agger both are injury prone.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 28, 2013 8:10 am

First of all Bundesliga is NOT inferior to PL. From this year alone it seems that Bundesliga is probably better than PL.

Second, I'm reading reports that Carroll is going to reject the 15m move to West Ham and is hoping to fight for a spot at Anfield.

And in an unrelated note, Messiah is looking to purchase a handgun if the Carroll's rumors are true.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue May 28, 2013 8:45 am

McAgger wrote:First of all Bundesliga is NOT inferior to PL. From this year alone it seems that Bundesliga is probably better than PL.

Second, I'm reading reports that Carroll is going to reject the 15m move to West Ham and is hoping to fight for a spot at Anfield.

And in an unrelated note, Messiah is looking to purchase a handgun if the Carroll's rumors are true.

not just Messiah Suspect
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue May 28, 2013 8:51 am

Having Agger, Skrtel, Papa & Toure will mean each will be snapping at the hill of other for starting places. I can't say it's not good. Also, Agger & Skrtel came from (supposedly) weaker leagues and went on to establish themselves. I can't see why Papa can't so the same!!! However, the likely scenario might be Agger, Skrtel, Papa and a young CB or Agger, Papa, Toure and a young CB.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue May 28, 2013 9:16 am

RedOranje wrote:Oh no, we're going to sign an extremely highly rated young CB who seems to tick all the boxes and an experienced CB who can provide leadership and squad depth, how terrible! Rolling Eyes

Seriously though, there's no reason whatsoever to be upset with those deals unless Toure ends up on huge wages.
"

Go back a page and see my concerns. I stand by them. Selling Skrtel and replacing him with Kolo Toure means we're regressing in defence. Keeping Skrtel and signing for Toure would be okay but as a direct replacement, just no.

stevieg8 wrote:

There's nothing wrong with Papa. He's great. But he's just came back from a knee injury and knee injuries are the worst to judge. It's very easy to re-injure yourself with them. That's why keeping Skrtel is key. Agger has been injury prone in the past and Toure is not good enough to be the direct back-up if something were to happen to DA and/or Papa.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue May 28, 2013 9:18 am

And can we stop saying the Bundesliga is inferior to the BPL please? It's just false. And even if it was (it's not though) who cares? Suarez, Agger, Lucas, etc all came from "inferior" leagues.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue May 28, 2013 9:47 am

Oh no, Bundesliga is not in any way inferior to BPL. Players who have joined EPL from Bundesliga are setting the league up on fire. Holtby has been such a bargain. Marin is justifying his 'German Messi' tag. Podolski was such a crucial figure in Arsenal's recent unbeaten run. Mertesacker is unarguably the best CB in Premier League. In fact, SAF was such an admirer of Bundesliga that he only used to buy talents from that league.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue May 28, 2013 9:50 am

Yeah, and majority of Englishmen are crap at football because they don't leave England and play elsewhere in Europe. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by ynwa on Tue May 28, 2013 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue May 28, 2013 9:56 am

I think Skrtel is as good as gone. Saying in public that he'd seriously consider offers is pretty much the respectful way of putting out a 'come and get me' message. Our Player of the Season from the season before this one, too. I'm truly disappointed, but that's how it sometimes goes.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue May 28, 2013 10:09 am

ynwa wrote:Yeah, and majority of Englishmen are crap at football because they don't leave England and play elsewhere in Europe. Rolling Eyes
Who's denying that? Laughing
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue May 28, 2013 10:56 am

iftikhar wrote:
McAgger wrote:First of all Bundesliga is NOT inferior to PL. From this year alone it seems that Bundesliga is probably better than PL.

not just Messiah Suspect
haha you guys made than news little lighter to take on Smile

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 43 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 43  Next