Le Samourai
Kaladin
Doc
Zealous
Collblanc
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Social level and intelligence & being fan of a club/player Empty Social level and intelligence & being fan of a club/player

Post by Collblanc Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:15 pm

Just came back from a interesting reading; they stated that different social levels (low-mid-high) and intelligence are what makes a person a fan of a club or a player. People with high intelligence like high intelligence play and players, and the other way around. People in a low social level (high crime rate, low income) like players that are more known for their bling and arrogance (balotelli, cr7). Do you guys believe that there is a connection?

Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Social level and intelligence & being fan of a club/player Empty Re: Social level and intelligence & being fan of a club/player

Post by Zealous Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:19 pm

If they were I don't think it's a main factor. I mean you have low IQ people supporting high intelligence players by the millions. I doubt there is any real connection.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Social level and intelligence & being fan of a club/player Empty Re: Social level and intelligence & being fan of a club/player

Post by Doc Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:25 pm

Nope, not one bit.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:31 pm

3/10
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:37 pm

Sounds about right Very Happy

Wait......does this mean I can't love Ramos scratch Mad
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:40 pm

Most people choose the team they support based on a) which team their parents support b) which team they liked as a kid c) which players they like. Hardly any of these has anything to do with intelligence.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:41 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Sounds about right Very Happy

Are you implying that Ramos' has a high football IQ? hmm

;lucas;
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:42 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Most people choose the team they support based on a) which team their parents support b) which team they liked as a kid c) which players they like. Hardly any of these has anything to do with intelligence.

Pretty much this. It was option B in my case.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:43 pm

Zealous wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Sounds about right Very Happy

Are you implying that Ramos' has a high football IQ? hmm

;lucas;

I know better :coffee:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:46 pm

Yes, it correlates pretty well.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:00 pm

But wouldn't people with high intelligence appreciate intelligent play/players more than people with low intelligence?

I mean someone one with low intelligence may not really notice an intelligent player on the pitch. That person may say "oh, he's just passing the ball about, big deal", or something.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:03 pm

That has nothing to do with intelligence ffs

This is just an attempt at saying "Oh I like player X but you don't I guess that means your IQ is low lol"

Pathetic really.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:14 am

I think for football-related attributes, your preference of a player's playing style, technique, abilities etc.. there's no real correlation.

If you're talking about admiring certain players' personalities, and lifestyles / lifestyle choices, then i'd have to agree.. (like people admiring Balo's camo Bentley :facepalm: )
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Berbatov Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:05 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Most people choose the team they support based on a) which team their parents support b) which team they liked as a kid c) which players they like. Hardly any of these has anything to do with intelligence.

You forgot the most obvious option. d) they are a winning team or a traditional club :coffee:
Berbatov
Berbatov
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Betis

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:40 am

El Shaarawy wrote:3/10
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:51 am

Like most here, don't think this is true, although it can work the other round perhaps, that tw*t players are not liked that much.

What I do think is true, is that some "stupid" people use supporting a football club as a cheap excuse for their stupid actions, talking about violence, vandalism, racism et cetera here. "We lost? Let's go beat up some of their fans!"
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:38 pm

exactly.

though, i do think that IQ has a higher probability of being correlated with fans who have no connection through family, friends, location, or childhood nostalgia. pretty tough to find someone like that but in theory that person would make his/her decision based off of what they see rather than prior connections.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:44 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:

exactly.

though, i do think that IQ has a higher probability of being correlated with fans who have no connection through family, friends, location, or childhood nostalgia. pretty tough to find someone like that but in theory that person would make his/her decision based off of what they see rather than prior connections.

mt is basically as close as we'll get.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:I think for football-related attributes, your preference of a player's playing style, technique, abilities etc.. there's no real correlation.

If you're talking about admiring certain players' personalities, and lifestyles / lifestyle choices, then i'd have to agree.. (like people admiring Balo's camo Bentley :facepalm: )

pretty much agree with these. In fact, admiring Balotelli for his actions off the pitch for me is a pretty good indicator of the general intelligence level of a person.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by stront96 Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:03 pm

Collblanc wrote:Just came back from a interesting reading; they stated that different social levels (low-mid-high) and intelligence are what makes a person a fan of a club or a player. People with high intelligence like high intelligence play and players, and the other way around. People in a low social level (high crime rate, low income) like players that are more known for their bling and arrogance (balotelli, cr7). Do you guys believe that there is a connection?

what else can we expect from catalans... calling ronaldo & balotelli arrogant hahahahaha... i bet that u know nothing about their pasts

i bet that u dunno that ronaldo sold his goldenboot to donate 1.5mil euros to build schools in gaza or that he donated 30mil pounds to build schools in somalia etc...

u r just a jealous hater... im not a balotelli fan, but hes a great human being, not arrogant at all... the only arrogant thing about him is something that i read recently(smoking in a train, disobeying the law) for the rest hes a great person
stront96
stront96
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:06 pm

Name sounds familiar, aren't you one of those idiotic trolls on the goal.com comment page, who they ended up banning?

Last edited by Casciavit on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:07 pm

Are you kandahar in disguise ? Suspect
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:11 pm

Ronaldo selling the boat was a rumour. It wasn't confirmed by either him or the club and it wasn't covered by any major newspaper. Not that I think he is a bad guy, I don't really care.

But it would have been pretty stupid anyway for someone as wealthy to sell such an important trophy to raise money he had already anyway.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:37 pm

Berbatov wrote:

You forgot the most obvious option. d) they are a winning team or a traditional club :coffee:

Lol there are no people like that here :Xavi

Art Morte wrote:Like most here, don't think this is true, although it can work the other round perhaps, that tw*t players are not liked that much.

What I do think is true, is that some "stupid" people use supporting a football club as a cheap excuse for their stupid actions, talking about violence, vandalism, racism et cetera here. "We lost? Let's go beat up some of their fans!"

See you got things wrong you went ahead and assumed on this one. Being an ultra or hooligan has nothing to do with intelligence. Some people I know that are ultras and have finished good schools and have successful careers. That is a lifestyle choice based on many things but not intelligence. In some cases yes you have dumb fans who do things they shouldnt but not every case!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:40 pm

stront96 wrote:
Collblanc wrote:Just came back from a interesting reading; they stated that different social levels (low-mid-high) and intelligence are what makes a person a fan of a club or a player. People with high intelligence like high intelligence play and players, and the other way around. People in a low social level (high crime rate, low income) like players that are more known for their bling and arrogance (balotelli, cr7). Do you guys believe that there is a connection?

what else can we expect from catalans... calling ronaldo & balotelli arrogant hahahahaha... i bet that u know nothing about their pasts

i bet that u dunno that ronaldo sold his goldenboot to donate 1.5mil euros to build schools in gaza or that he donated 30mil pounds to build schools in somalia etc...

u r just a jealous hater... im not a balotelli fan, but hes a great human being, not arrogant at all... the only arrogant thing about him is something that i read recently(smoking in a train, disobeying the law) for the rest hes a great person

This has to be Kandahar or his twin brother.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next