Is bad attitude a good enough reason for a club to sell a player?

+2
MaestroFavre
Lupi
6 posters

Go down

Is bad attitude a good enough reason for a club to sell a player? Empty Is bad attitude a good enough reason for a club to sell a player?

Post by Lupi Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:43 am

discipline Vs Skills
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Is bad attitude a good enough reason for a club to sell a player? Empty Re: Is bad attitude a good enough reason for a club to sell a player?

Post by MaestroFavre Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:17 pm

I'd probably say yes to the question in the title.

I view discipline in a person as the ability to be orderly, obedient and to be able to restrain oneself.

Now it is obvious that without some sort of skill or a minimum of skills you can't get anywhere in sports or in life in general.If you aren't skilled at what you do then you aren't very well at it. The amazing thing about skill is that you actually don't need much discipline to achieve a good level of skill.There are many footballers who are quite gifted and skilled but do not possess a lot of discipline. ( Balo for example even though he seems to be working on it ) However, it is not all the time we see players with huge talent and a poor attitude get away with it . Look at Ravel Morrison for example. ( I don't even know where he is ATM)

Now Discipline : I often think of this as why certain players are where they are at. ( In terms of ability) We often see certain players who are good and very good but not world class and they just seem to miss out on the tier of World Class ever so slightly or just can't make that great step through the chasm that separates them from the summit of greatness and we wonder why? I think one of the factors may be a lack of discipline. You see i think discipline garners wonderful outcomes and without it you just can't get to the zenith of greatness.Discipline is the ultimate nursery for development and growth in potential.

So I feel the two are important but I also feel discipline will make you reach to the next level. Smile
More importantly an equilibrium of the two are why there are so many fantastic players out there who are at the absolute top.
MaestroFavre
MaestroFavre
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Villarreal

Back to top Go down

Is bad attitude a good enough reason for a club to sell a player? Empty Re: Is bad attitude a good enough reason for a club to sell a player?

Post by Kick Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:19 am

Yes, no player is bigger than the club. If they cause enough problems and upset the dressing room, I would sell them faster than they could curse at me.

It should not be tolerated in football.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:43 am

It depends on the situation, Scholes once refused to play. This would currently be absolutely unacceptable, but him and the club were able to move on.

Perhaps if it were another player the club would have handled it differently instead of just a weeks fine. So skill does let you get a way with things to a certain extent.

Although, at the end of the day they have a contract and it is a job and there has to be a certain level of discipline because of that.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:37 pm

Yes its a big enough reason. Doesn't mean its smart though. I agree with either straightening said player out or forcing them out if they are trouble. But for example Tevez and Balotelli were two QUALITY strikers that City had a lot of problems with. Selling them was good for the image of the club and morally in general, but lets be honest, they downgraded with Jovetic and Negredo.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:59 pm

juventus101 wrote:Yes its a big enough reason. Doesn't mean its smart though. I agree with either straightening said player out or forcing them out if they are trouble. But for example Tevez and Balotelli were two QUALITY strikers that City had a lot of problems with. Selling them was good for the image of the club and morally in general, but lets be honest, they downgraded with Jovetic and Negredo.

But if these guys were sh** disturbers in the dressing room, then the greater cohesion from the rest of the group would balance out the decrease in quality. Obviously this depends on every situation, but I feel that if a club has other talented players and the player is too hot to handle, then you're better off selling and actually building a team.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum