Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:55 am

Offensive to whom?

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Coutinho vs. Neymar - Page 2 Empty Re: Coutinho vs. Neymar

Post by Ganso Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:55 am

this forum is a joke.who the hell is coutinho?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:07 am

Ganso wrote:this forum is a joke.who the hell is coutinho?

Your 8m-rated country mate who's contributed to more goals in 5 games than your 20m-rated country mate (which you suck him off on daily basis) in 25 games.

that's who Phil is.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:13 am

Wtf does Oscar have to do with this?

Either way both Neymar and Oscar are twice the player Coutinho is.

5 games and this is what we get,typical overreaction.Cou is Muniain 2.0
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:17 am

The Franchise wrote:Offensive to whom?

I dont know how these people tie their shoes in the morning with this level of stupidity.

Didn't know in Malta that was a sign of admiration and respect.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:20 am

^ He lives in Denmark mate banana

and My shoes don't have laces Smile

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:22 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:

I dont know how these people tie their shoes in the morning with this level of stupidity.

Its not, but im asking whos offended by it?

And if they are, then thats a shame..but im offended by the notion that Coutinho is better than Neymar based on what league he plays in. That notion actually offends me.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:30 am

I don't really know how to respond to this without coming off as a troll.

For me, I do agree that Coutinho right now is the clear choice, but that's because I see Neymar as a ticking time bomb.

I remember when he came on the scene, but now when I watch him I just see him as immensely talented but sloppy and lazy for his level of talent. This isn't to say that he is a bad player by any means, but he has the potential to take over a game on his own, but he seems to make his mark and then disappear for the rest of a game once he filled his "YouTube" quotient.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:55 am

The Franchise wrote:

And if they are, then thats a shame..but im offended by the notion that Coutinho is better than Neymar based on what league he plays in. That notion actually offends me.

So what you are saying is someone scoring 50 goals in Eridivise is the same as someone scoring 50 in La Liga?? That the quality of leagues have no say in how good a player is??
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:38 am

This comparison is a bit of an insult to Nerman tbh, Nerman has accomplished a whole lot for his age and Coutinho hasnt so much.

but tbf to Coutinho he hasnt had a great chance to settle into any team yet (until just now possibly).

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:50 am

The Franchise wrote:

So what you are saying is someone scoring 50 goals in Eridivise is the same as someone scoring 50 in La Liga?? That the quality of leagues have no say in how good a player is??

I'm gonna facepalm this. :facepalm:

So, when R9 was scoring for fun in the Dutch league, does that mean that oh lets say, Robbie Fowler who was banging goals in the EPL at the time was better because of the league he played in?

Seriously, this is insulting to Neymar.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:43 am

izzy wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

So, when R9 was scoring for fun in the Dutch league, does that mean that oh lets say, Robbie Fowler who was banging goals in the EPL at the time was better because of the league he played in?

Lol I was basically gonna type this but you've already done it for me Cool
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:21 am

izzy wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

than why ]
lool, what a weak argument... Than why Luuk De Jong scored 7 goals in Bundesliga and in the Dutch league he was at 25 goals?? he was one of the best in the Dutch league and he is a mediocre in Bundi now... Of course it matters where you play, if the opponent is stronger is harder for you to score.. That's why we rate players from the stronger league higher, cause the opposition is tougher... You are amongst the best only when you compete amongst the best.. However Neymar looks like a great talent and my guess is that he has the potential to become a top 10 player, but we'll have to wait till he competes against strong opponents, World Cup will be a good test..
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:53 am

tuddor wrote:
izzy wrote:

than why ]
lool, what a weak argument... Than why Luuk De Jong scored 7 goals in Bundesliga and in the Dutch league he was at 25 goals?? he was one of the best in the Dutch league and he is a mediocre in Bundi now... Of course it matters where you play, if the opponent is stronger is harder for you to score.. That's why we rate players from the stronger league higher, cause the opposition is tougher... You are amongst the best only when you compete amongst the best.. However Neymar looks like a great talent and my guess is that he has the potential to become a top 10 player, but we'll have to wait till he competes against strong opponents, World Cup will be a good test..

It's not a weak argument per se because the individual is more of a factor, some players can raise their game some can't. A player like Varane is an example defending against Messi is no different to defending against Sergio Garcia to him defending is defending and he's not even experienced. Same way Van Nistelrooy had no problem raping the PL in the same way he did the dutch league. Robben made as many PL defenders look fools as he did Dutch defenders.

Playing in a more difficult league does not automatically guarantee that you're a better player than someone playing in a weaker league.

And don't always be fooled by the supposed quality of certain leagues as a total, some leagues may be laden with great attackers and crappy defenders or vice versa.

The PL imo is saturated with crap, rash defenders who have epileptic fits when they see skill. Mindlessly throwing themselves to the floor whenever someone shapes to shoot before a foot has even touched the ball.

Hardly anyone questions the quality of the PL, I am going off on a tangent :coffee:

Basically I don't prescribe by that argument of player A plays decent in this league but he's better than player B raping that league because player A's league is "better".
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:29 pm

The Franchise wrote:

Where did I say that? But no, the quality of the league has no say in how good a player is, not even a litle.

It can leave you with the question, I wonder what he would do in a different league, but no more or no less.

If Messi was in Brazil, would Coutinho be better too?

Arguement makes no sense, Neymar could be a fantastic player who happens to play in Brazil...a very good player who happens to play in Brazil...or a average player who plays in Brazil...who knows.

But who the hell is Coutinho? Played like a dozen games in the PL and hes better than everyone not in a top 4 league? Garbage.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:31 pm

a dozen games?more like 5
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:34 pm

I was being generous I guess Laughing

When I say who the hell is Coutinho, I really mean it. He did decent at Espanyol and now he is doing well in England, the land where everyones creativity is enhanced in multiples of 3.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:01 pm

rofl did I see Coutinho being compared with Oscar in this thread Proud
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:21 pm

Abramovich wrote: rofl did I see Coutinho being compared with Oscar in this thread Proud

Yup.

Harry Redknapp wrote:Coutinho has more goals and assists in PL in 5 games than Oscar has had in 25 games Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:24 pm

The Franchise wrote:

Chichadorito was scores more in EPL and less in Mexican league hmm
guess La Liga MX is the best league in the world hardest to score with best defenders.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by timzink Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:27 pm

the franchise i think your being too harsh, wigan and aston villa arent entirely representative of the quality of the league . though coutinho did also play well against spurs .

coutinho has played well so far, lets see how he progresses .

there must be a reason why barca are willing to break the bank for neymar, yet werent willing to take a chance on coutinho - a player who was litterally playing in their backyard and whose quality they could be more assured of.

timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 pm

timzink wrote:the franchise i think your being too harsh, wigan and aston villa arent entirely representative of the quality of the league . though coutinho did also play well against spurs .

coutinho has played well so far, lets see how he progresses .

there must be a reason why barca are willing to break the bank for neymar, yet werent willing to take a chance on coutinho - a player who was litterally playing in their backyard and whose quality they could be more assured of.

this pretty much says it all.

I think that Neymar playing in la liga or the pl or whatever would give us a better barometer on how good he can actually be. Remember, these players all start somewhere. It isn't fair to base it off of where they play as they are tasked with playing who is in front of him.

I do think, though, that playing in a top league will reveal if the potential that a player shows in another league will be reached sustained, or even surpassed.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:36 am

Neymars a goalscorer... Coutinhos a playmaker...

It's like comparing David Silva and Cristiano Ronaldo. Rolling Eyes
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:27 pm

What is this? I don't even Laughing

Neymar and Oscar are both miles ahead of Coutinho. I agree with Dani, how do some of the people here even get out of their beds? This amount of stupidity is shocking. Man lately you would think Neymar murdered a kid, the amount of shite he gets. Sepi's sister should join Chelsea, since they beaten by Canadian Sunday League scrubs :facepalm:

juveman17 wrote:Coutinho is in Europe while Neymar is still playing in a second rate third world league..... until Neymar proves himself in Europe, then I can say he is better than Coutinho.

Seriously what is it with your hate towards Brazil? I've noticed this ever since Brazil faced Italy. What did they ever do to you? Is it just 1994? Or something else? Did a busty Brazilian bombshell break your heart? Or did a dashing Kaka came and took your fiance away? Seriously...
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:18 pm

It's irrational to compare Neymar and Coutinho until the former is playing in Europe. Both of these talents were considered to be of the same class a couple of years back but Coutinho left his home country for Europe rather swiftly whereas Neymar is still "boasting" his talents in Brazil. A valid and apt comparison would happen when Neymar struts his way into Europe. Also as ynwa said, both of them have different playing styles; Neymar is a forward, Coutinho is a playmaker.

As far as comparing Coutinho and Oscar goes, Coutinho has definitely had a better season than Oscar and there's no denying that. However, this comparison is flawed as well. This is Oscar's first season in Europe, that too in a league as physical as England and the vast difference in playing styles of both the leagues is pretty obvious. This is also strengthened by the fact that Oscar has performed widely better in Europe than in England. Next season will be the real indicator of the quality of these two players. I'm personally of the opinion that Coutinho is better than Oscar.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:14 pm

:facepalm:

Do those of you who are knocking Neymar for scoring goals in Brazil actually watch any of his games (let alone any Liga do Brasil games)? Or are you just watching his statistics and making the claim that scoring in Brazil should count for nothing? Not to mention the fact that Neymar has excellent passing and vision; while he is a goal scoring threat, he can actually create as well (something y'all would know if you actually watched him play).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next