Neymar's agent says: Neymar is just like Messi.

+15
billionmillion
PedroBR
BarrileteCosmico
white_star
Ganso
xabi
bazinga
Pinoy_Cules
Sushi Master
maradona_DIOS
aford92
M99
Albiceleste
pUsHa
rsinatra
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Neymar's agent says: Neymar is just like Messi. Empty Neymar's agent says: Neymar is just like Messi.

Post by rsinatra Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:57 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/584/brazil/2011/06/07/2521506/agent-of-santos-neymar-to-barcelonas-lionel-messi-and

Because I watch every Santos match, I decided to post this here before any other misinformed person did it Rolling Eyes .

Let me make this clear: I don't agree. In fact, most football experts in Brazil agree that Neymar isn't even near Messi, and possibly never will be. (Whoever does think so, is probably a 13-year-old Brazilian chick)

Why? Because Neymar is set out to a superstar, in that C. Ronaldo-esque or Ronaldinho-esque manner, you know? Flashy dribbling, funny hair, expensive ugly flashy clothes, etc. I think that gets in the way. Messi doesn't seem to care about it, and that's what makes him special. He is a boleiro, he just wants to play plain football.

Anyway, of course Neymar's agent has to say that, he needs publicity. People like Elano have also said that they prefer Neymar to Messi (lol), but that's obviously because they're good friends and play together.

I like Neymar, despite his occasional diving; his temper has improved a LOT since last year, his skills are even better, his responsibility too (he literally took Santos through to the Libertadores Final), and he really could become Brazil's most important player in the coming years. Not to mention that, if we do win the Libertadores, he might become our biggest hero since Pelé. And then if we go ahead win the CWC against Barcelona, he might be the first one to actually challenge Pelé's position in our club history (though he'll never be as good as the three-time world champion!).

In one sentence: I don't think Neymar's style is like Messi, simply because Messi doesn't try to do those cool flashy dribbles.

rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Neymar's agent says: Neymar is just like Messi. Empty Re: Neymar's agent says: Neymar is just like Messi.

Post by pUsHa Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:31 pm

I bet Messi would do those cool flashy dribbles if he played in Brazil ... lulz Very Happy
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Neymar's agent says: Neymar is just like Messi. Empty Re: Neymar's agent says: Neymar is just like Messi.

Post by Albiceleste Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:09 pm

Next Robinho.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:00 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:Next Robinho.

And that is because...
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:03 pm

IMO he's already better than Robinho. When they were at Santos together Neymar performed better than him in almost every game. As long as he keeps his feet on the ground I don't see why he can't become one of the best in the world.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by maradona_DIOS Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:11 pm

I think he meant style wise. Neymar plays more like a Robinho, stepovers, flashy dribbles, tricks, ect. While Messi on the other hand is more direct.
maradona_DIOS
maradona_DIOS
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:26 pm

This is just the usual agent speech to get his price up, so he'd get more money.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinoy_Cules Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:31 pm

Sushi Master wrote:This is just the usual agent speech to get his price up, so he'd get more money.

I agree. His manager is trying to market him up so that all the big clubs in Europe will at list look at him.

Neymar is still an unknown quantity in Europe. When Messi was at his age, La Pulga had already played a number of years with Barca and played cameo roles in the team's CL championship run.

At Neymar's age,
Messi - sharp knife tested in the fires of European competition
Neymar - beautiful knife but we don't know if it will break or perform in Europe
Pinoy_Cules
Pinoy_Cules
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:34 pm

When Messi was Neymar's age he had already scored a hattrick against Real Madrid.

kkthnxbai.
bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:55 pm

x2
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:58 pm

next robinho?lol
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:01 pm

Ganso wrote:next robinho?lol

remember how good binho was with RM, I dont see neymar becoming much better. also what i really ment was that their talant, playstyle is very similar
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:50 pm

Ignorance.. Neymar is already better than Robinho. At everything, except perhaps tracking back for marking. And he's getting better. Also, Robinho left without learning many things. Neymar has already grown and in my opinion is getting more mature than Robinho was back then.

Their play style is not that similar really. Unless you mean that everybody who does the flashy stuff plays alike.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:00 pm

Neymar dives too much, he has some growing up to do

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:03 pm

neymar is better than robinho for sure,specially in the creative department.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:47 pm

Ganso wrote:neymar is better than robinho for sure,specially in the creative department.

nah, robinho inform is atleast just as good in that aspect. Neymar is more deadly infront of goal tho
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:57 pm

Neymar is good getting better but Messi is a way better!! And proven!!

By the way bought neymar for my team in FM2010 and became crazy good lol
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:16 pm

What else do you expect his agent to say lollll?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PedroBR Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:17 pm

Let the haters hate. Soon Brazil will be able to keep our players here so I won't have to listen to those people trying to get brazilian talents to europe. It will be much better, like german players who plays practically only at germany league. The national team will improve a lot also.
PedroBR
PedroBR
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:23 pm

my gf says i'm the most handsome guy in the world
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:55 pm

the guy is good, but if he doesn't end up in da right place, i am afraid he will be lost potential like robinho...he must choose some smaller teams in order to develope and become the best.--

the potential is there

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:59 am

xabi wrote:
Ganso wrote:neymar is better than robinho for sure,specially in the creative department.

nah, robinho inform is atleast just as good in that aspect. Neymar is more deadly infront of goal tho
my Grandma is more deadly infront of goal than Robinho.

Neymar is better than Robinho too. I'd take him over Robinho anyday.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by gkamtu Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:48 am

what i see now is this brazil fans mostly of them hate argentina players i dont know why why...
gkamtu
gkamtu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:18 pm

bazinga wrote:When Messi was Neymar's age he had already scored a hattrick against Real Madrid.

kkthnxbai.

And Neymar is taking Santos to heights which were last achieved in the Pele days.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:24 pm

Neymar needs to bulk up too or he will be robinho 2.0 for sure
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next