How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

+27
McAgger
Ion Creanga
the xcx
Lupi
The Franchise
The Sanchez
Harmonica
Gil
FalcaoPunch
Donuts
cyberman
Abramovich
jibers
CBarca
Die Borussen
FennecFox7
Great Leader Sprucenuce
gnrfan
danyjr
Valkyrja
spanky
Motogp69
rwo power
guest7
OLpower
Mr Nick09
Onyx
31 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by rwo power Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:05 am

Hm. Not so sure about Götze as he might occupy similar spaces as Messi and thus they could get into each others way. If you look at the German NT, Özil and Götze together never really worked out either so far.

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 20978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:42 am

The Franchise wrote:MT please stop.

Winger.

Look at the name for godness sake.

WING-er.

Someone who plays on the wing, does what he specializes in..on the WING.

There is no such a thing called inside winger, playmaker winger and all this other crap.

I really would like to educate you further but im afraid it would fall on deaf ears.

I'm just saying winger because they play out wide. I don't mean winger because they literally are a winger.

Ronaldo is a goalscoring winger, while Silva is a playmaking winger.


Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40127
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 am

The Ostracised One wrote:Right lets just follow the thread. The question is how will Ronaldo and Neymar both fare at THIS curent Barcelona?

Well lets get one thing straight, Messi likes to play centrally, He does not like people playing in his space and text Pep specifically that if he did not play in the middle, he did not want to play. The team plays for Messi. Messi is the man who finishes off most moves in Barcelona and before a superstar like Villa joined, he was told that he would have to play for Messi. So there, you can only have one, amd so that automatically indvalidates Ronaldo.

Tactically, Ronaldo would just not fit in. I mean he would score goals, but nowhere near this level. He would get into Messi's space. Contrary to popular belief, Ronaldo is not a winger and stopped being a winger between 2006 and 2007. He isn't a pure inside forward either like Pedro and Villa were. He is essentially a striker that starts off wide, but a lot of his goals and movement is through the middle. A wingers job is to provide crosses from the byline (ala Garteh Bale last few season, not this season though, at least not as much). Ronaldo doesn't really run down the line and cross as his primary objective. He makes runs in behind the defebce and most of the time, especially last season he exploited the space behind defence line left due to Madrid hitting them quickly on the break.

Now Barcelona wngers are required to A) Provide the width B) Make runs that open up space for Messi C) Press constantly high up and track the full back regularly. Now A) and B) are both for Messi. Now, this is a man that is 'sad at Real Madrid' because he didn't get enough support. He feels the fans don't like him at Madrid. So when he goes to Barcelona, what support will he get? He is the current face of Real Madrid and would be hated beyond belief, Barcelona players don't like him and can anyone here with a brain tell me that Ronaldo is willing to play for Messi? Anyone that says yes to the last question, kindly go to America, buy a gun, and point it at your head because you will offer humanity nothing...

Based on the evidence I have seen, Ronaldo will not track back constantly. The only time he did this in Madrid is after the terrible Barcelona games, and he asked the players what he should do so that the fans would stop booing him, he proceeded to track back for a few games, the fans cheered for him, then all that stopped. I will give you a history lesson. In the 2008 champions league final, Ronaldo did well in th first half when he bamboozled Essien. Guess what happened after that. Essien readjusted and had Ronaldo in his back pocket the whole game. Not only that, but Essien started surging forward and added more bodies to Chelseas midfield, guess what, Ronaldo never tracked him. That led to Lampards equaliser and the same problem happened throughout the game and we were lucky Drogba got sent off because CHelsea really were the better team over 180 minutes.

This is why Ronaldo was deployed as a centre forward for a lot of our games. So that this nonsense didnt happen regularly. I mean another game was the Porto game. First leg Ronaldo played wide, Ally Cisskho raped us, second leg Rooney played wide and tracked him back...

Same thing with the Bayern game where you could see Lahms overlap led top Gomez's winner in the first leg. Same thing happened in the Dortmund game, where again Ronaldo didnt track back, in most Classicos Alves as dominated the flanks, what was Ronaldo doing? I mean is it a coincidence that Mou's only victory against a full strength Barcelona came when Ronaldo played up front in the Copa del Ray final? Now ask yourself, is it a a tactical instruction? Will Ronaldo suddenly change his attitude that has been going on for almost 7 years for Barcelona? Again, using deductive reasoning, I don't think so.

Now people are saying Sanchez is a flop, Well I don't think he is, more to do with Barcelona's system and what is required of them. Sanchez played well for Udinese because he had a lot of space to exploit due to Udinese being a counter attacking team. At Barcelona, he is coming up against a wall everytime. Barcelona have to use combination moves to score goals most of the time as teams don't usually play that high a line and try to keep their back lines in position. Ronaldo needs space, even more so than Sanchez to operate. I mean Ronaldo was dribbling well in the EPL because of the space between the lines and how easy EPL defenders commited themselves. Its no surpirse that in pretty much all our big games, he flopped. I will pick Arsenal, Clichy had him in his back pocket in both games because he matched Ronaldo for Pace. Chelsea were always compact and so Ronaldo rarely found space do damage them. Liverpool away Ronaldo did absolutely nothing because under Rafa they were compact. Return leg he scored a header from a corner but was anonymous.

Son for Ronaldo to be at his absolute best, he needs space and room to run, things which they rarely get in Barcelona. So yes, I do not think he would score anywere near his current goal tally. In fact I reckon he would score just about 20. Ronaldo has the highest shot rate in Europe for the last 3 seasons, and he has the highest shots in EUROs History, so he will carry on shooting from stupid situations, something that is completely against Barcelonas patient play, so will he change something he has been doing for almost 7 years? Again, through deductive reasoning, I doubt it. How would the Barcelona players react? probably hate him more if that is possible. Now if he played in the 08/09 Barcelona he would have suited them much better because teams treated Barcelolna as equals and attacked them so Barcelona had a lot of space behind the defence. Now they really don't which is what makes them exceptional. We saw what happened when this started happening, Henry wasn't the same player as he had less space to operate. Now we can even see this at Madrid. Ronaldo is struggling now because a lot of teams are now sitting very deep. In fact Madrid players have complained that Mourinho doesnt have a solution when oppositions do this to Madrid and they have no options and look lacklustre against a team that sits deep. Now look at goal Ronaldo socred against Refchester Shitty, that was classic Ronaldo, give him space and he will rape your team. No space, no game.

Again, Messi will take free kicks, Messi will take penalties, which would take away a bulk of Ronaldos goals. So yes, from all this, I can conclude Ronaldo would not be a good fit in Barcelona, his strengths will be rarely utilised. His traits would have to change, his mentalityu would have to change and he would have to be in service to the false ostraciser, Messi. Look at my sig, starting anti clockwise what are all those guys doing bar Nerman? Bench. Ronaldo would get frustrated like Villa, even worse and would become sad at Barcelona.

Neymar would be a better fit, but not by much. Neymar is best when he plays on the left and so he would have no problems in his position. He is good in tight spaces and could provide that extra Fantasisti Barcelona are lacking when they face teams like Inter and Chelsea. My problem is that how would Neymar adapt after being allowed to free role in Santos? Ganso could probably answer this better than me. Hois coach thinks he would fit Barcelona better than Madrid. I think its the oposite. From what I've seen it will be more



Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31600
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by rwo power Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:58 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Ronaldo is a goalscoring winger, while Silva is a playmaking winger.
And Manuel Neuer is a goalkeeping winger:
Spoiler:
:bow:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko
Posts : 20978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:27 am

Abramovich wrote:Well some people need to understand that real life football isn't a game like Fifa, footballers are not robots, even in football manager for example you can tell them to do something. It doesn't mean they will and this point truly fails to commute to some dumb people.

On with Neymar fitting I think he's brilliant on the left, i don't believe he has quite the ego or primmadonna of Ronaldo but that is yet to be proper seen as I don't watch him as often as Ronaldo. Hs ability with the ball in terms of being able to beat a man with skill moves and dribbles, imo would be a new x factor or something in terms of doing it from the wing and breaking down teams that park the bus. Him being able to beat a man in tight spaces can also disrupt a defensive shape when/if additional defenders come to close him down and his passing and vision seems good to me.

Neymar holds on to the ball too long.
Barcelona are full of talented dribblers, the problem has been scoring goals... not dribbling players.
The job of the wingers at barca is to make dangerous runs/score goals, not to dribble..
While neymar does have good passing. as said before, he takes far too many touches on the ball..
Pedro and even tello are good enough dribblers. The problem has been the finishing.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7513
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by guest7 Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:47 pm

Why are people acting like he would NOT adapt to Barca if he would play there? Laughing

FFS, just like he did in Madrid, where he changed his playing style completly (becoming more of a forward, instead of the tricky winger he used to be in Man U) he would essentially have to do the same thing in Barca. I'm not saying you would get the best out of CR in Barca, but he would still boss it. He might not score 60 goals like in Madrid, but I'd easily take a winger that scores for example 30 goals, which he could easily reach at Barca if not higher.

Only thing stopping him is his ego issues, but it's not like any of you know the guy personally. You really can't assume these things...

Abramovich wrote:Think this thread shows that Madrid fans or maybe it's Ronaldo fan boys are the worst on the forum I mean that system quote from seven is almost as bad as the striker pace one from gig.

It really does feel like sciccas spirit lives on with these guys Laughing.

Comes from the guy who thinks Chelsea would end up 2nd in La Liga even after getting trashed and humiliated by Atletico ffs. You even believe you would win Serie A. Laughing Your football knowledge is worse than my left nut rofl Laughing As usual, you come to a thread only to post a comment about how stupid Madrid fans are becouse they always derail threads, which is ironic becouse that's what you do 99% of the times when you make a stupid comment about Madrid Laughing
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8276
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by Abramovich Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:05 pm

This isn't pokemon Madrid beat althetico yet they are behind them, a league isn't about single knock out matches its a marathon. Chelsea have great depth, your comment about systems and talent show you know jack shit about football.

As for Neymar ill respond properly later on but obvious points would be he's a good finisher, against bus parking teams creating the opportunitys are the most difficult etc etc.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by jibers Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:06 pm

Se7en wrote:Why are people acting like he would NOT adapt to Barca if he would play there? Laughing

FFS, just like he did in Madrid, where he changed his playing style completly (becoming more of a forward, instead of the tricky winger he used to be in Man U) he would essentially have to do the same thing in Barca. I'm not saying you would get the best out of CR in Barca, but he would still boss it. He might not score 60 goals like in Madrid, but I'd easily take a winger that scores for example 30 goals, which he could easily reach at Barca if not higher.

Only thing stopping him is his ego issues, but it's not like any of you know the guy personally. You really can't assume these things...

Abramovich wrote:Think this thread shows that Madrid fans or maybe it's Ronaldo fan boys are the worst on the forum I mean that system quote from seven is almost as bad as the striker pace one from gig.

It really does feel like sciccas spirit lives on with these guys Laughing.

Comes from the guy who thinks Chelsea would end up 2nd in La Liga even after getting trashed and humiliated by Atletico ffs. You even believe you would win Serie A. Laughing Your football knowledge is worse than my left nut rofl Laughing As usual, you come to a thread only to post a comment about how stupid Madrid fans are becouse they always derail threads, which is ironic becouse that's what you do 99% of the times when you make a stupid comment about Madrid Laughing

:facepalm:

Winger? rofl

Ronaldo in his final season played as CF in almost all our damn games. In 08 he played CF in a lot of games and stopped being a winger in 07. The only thing taht changed is the defending in the leagues. Ronaldo has less spaces in between thelines as I said in La liga so he isn't good enough at dribbling to dribble past oppositions so instead his off the ball movemnt has become more key. He still occupied the CF role for United mate
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10241
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
The Franchise wrote:MT please stop.

Winger.

Look at the name for godness sake.

WING-er.

Someone who plays on the wing, does what he specializes in..on the WING.

There is no such a thing called inside winger, playmaker winger and all this other crap.

I really would like to educate you further but im afraid it would fall on deaf ears.

I'm just saying winger because they play out wide. I don't mean winger because they literally are a winger.

Ronaldo is a goalscoring winger, while Silva is a playmaking winger.


So, yes, it has fallen on deaf ears.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:23 pm

playmaking winger :facepalm:
what the hell can you playmake from the wing?
imagine a team who builds the game from the wing... imagine xavi doing 1000 passes on wing... now that's efficiency there
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 1256
Join date : 2012-02-19

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:27 pm

Abramovich wrote:This isn't pokemon Madrid beat althetico yet they are behind them, a league isn't about single knock out matches its a marathon. Chelsea have great depth, your comment about systems and talent show you know jack shit about football.

As for Neymar ill respond properly later on but obvious points would be he's a good finisher, against bus parking teams creating the opportunitys are the most difficult etc etc.

:facepalm:

Barcelona do not need players who can dribble out wide.
Once again they need players who work their socks off to make runs, pressure, and score. If barcelonas wingers were scoring then they would be fine..

Honestly this season shouldn't be judged, we are low on morale in the league. Guess you weren't watching the last 2 seasons when we achieved record breaking points Rolling Eyes
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7513
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:29 pm

they do need players who are quality dribblers in small spaces, good in one on one. Callejon for example cant play on the wing for barca
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31600
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:39 pm

Wait, we should only judge the years it goes well? Not the bad ones too?

Anyway, I am getting a little tired of the "Barca wingers only need to do X".

Its not how the game works, we dont have players come in and do what we want and forget everything they do.

We want players who fit in, but yet provide something unique which marks them out.

Pedro, Villa, Tello, Alexis and Cuenca are all pretty different and do different things.

The reason 2 might play is because we require their unique skill set plus taking into account form and fitness.

I dont know why people think we dont use dribblers anyway, Cuenca does exactly that, dribble out wide.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:41 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:
The Franchise wrote:MT please stop.

Winger.

Look at the name for godness sake.

WING-er.

Someone who plays on the wing, does what he specializes in..on the WING.

There is no such a thing called inside winger, playmaker winger and all this other crap.

I really would like to educate you further but im afraid it would fall on deaf ears.

I'm just saying winger because they play out wide. I don't mean winger because they literally are a winger.

Ronaldo is a goalscoring winger, while Silva is a playmaking winger.


So, yes, it has fallen on deaf ears.


So if someone asked the question, 'where do Pedro and Villa play for Barca?' what would the answer be? You wouldn't really say 'inside forward', because that isn't a position, it's a role. Usually the answer would be 'on the wing'. But that doesn't mean they're pure wingers.



tuddor wrote:playmaking winger :facepalm:
what the hell can you playmake from the wing?
imagine a team who builds the game from the wing... imagine xavi doing 1000 passes on wing... now that's efficiency there

Silva? Nasri? They're examples of playmakers from the wing.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40127
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:44 pm

Barca play much better with 2 inside forwards. Cuenca doesn't even fit the style. He's a generic winger. Sanchez doesn't really fit the style either.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40127
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:46 pm

The Ostracised One wrote:Right lets just follow the thread. The question is how will Ronaldo and Neymar both fare at THIS curent Barcelona?

Since I haven't watched neymar nearly as much as ronaldo, Ill only answer for cristiano.


Well lets get one thing straight, Messi likes to play centrally, He does not like people playing in his space and text Pep specifically that if he did not play in the middle, he did not want to play. The team plays for Messi. Messi is the man who finishes off most moves in Barcelona and before a superstar like Villa joined, he was told that he would have to play for Messi. So there, you can only have one, amd so that automatically indvalidates Ronaldo.

I do agree with you, messi would be still the player who finishes off the moves. But first of all, ronaldo would score WAY more like it or not. He is the most complete finisher besides messi obviously. Since this season like it or not he IS A TEAM PLAYER. Villa was a striker for god sake, he didn't think he'd play on the wing. Like I have said before but you guys seem to have emotional radars when it comes to ronaldo and he is as dumb as a doorknob when you guys talk about him. He will not take nearly as many shots from far. He is not a dumbass..

Tactically, Ronaldo would just not fit in. I mean he would score goals, but nowhere near this level. He would get into Messi's space. Contrary to popular belief, Ronaldo is not a winger and stopped being a winger between 2006 and 2007. He isn't a pure inside forward either like Pedro and Villa were. He is essentially a striker that starts off wide, but a lot of his goals and movement is through the middle. A wingers job is to provide crosses from the byline (ala Garteh Bale last few season, not this season though, at least not as much). Ronaldo doesn't really run down the line and cross as his primary objective. He makes runs in behind the defebce and most of the time, especially last season he exploited the space behind defence line left due to Madrid hitting them quickly on the break.

The first thing you said, was that heat maps showed ronaldo was in the middle usually. THAT IS FALSE. Against bayern for instance, real opponents, ronaldo was on the WING for the majority of the time. You dropped that argument real quick. Why in gods name are we talking about crossing. We are talking about playing as a winger in barcelona. No one crosses to 5'6 messi, and for a good reason. And I DISAGREE. ronaldo makes runs on the break alot, you are right. however, alot of runs are made in open play. Ronaldo makes runs in the middle sure. But those are just runs to score. It's an extra thing to have. It doesn't make him a striker on the wing. Stop being like MT.

Now Barcelona wngers are required to A) Provide the width B) Make runs that open up space for Messi C) Press constantly high up and track the full back regularly. Now A) and B) are both for Messi. Now, this is a man that is 'sad at Real Madrid' because he didn't get enough support. He feels the fans don't like him at Madrid. So when he goes to Barcelona, what support will he get? He is the current face of Real Madrid and would be hated beyond belief, Barcelona players don't like him and can anyone here with a brain tell me that Ronaldo is willing to play for Messi? Anyone that says yes to the last question, kindly go to America, buy a gun, and point it at your head because you will offer humanity nothing...

Oh boy. Stop with the mental shit. You know nothing about ronaldo lol. The sad thing was taken out of proportion. You know who's also sad? Half of our fking squad. Why don't you talk about them? Nope you'll talk about ronaldo because he's cristiano..

YES, btw we are talking hypothetically. So this barcelona players won't like him is NONSENSE, you don't know how ronaldo is as a person in real life, you're typing this from your fking room, so don't pretend to be a psychologist.


Based on the evidence I have seen, Ronaldo will not track back constantly. The only time he did this in Madrid is after the terrible Barcelona games, and he asked the players what he should do so that the fans would stop booing him, he proceeded to track back for a few games, the fans cheered for him, then all that stopped. I will give you a history lesson. In the 2008 champions league final, Ronaldo did well in th first half when he bamboozled Essien. Guess what happened after that. Essien readjusted and had Ronaldo in his back pocket the whole game. Not only that, but Essien started surging forward and added more bodies to Chelseas midfield, guess what, Ronaldo never tracked him. That led to Lampards equaliser and the same problem happened throughout the game and we were lucky Drogba got sent off because CHelsea really were the better team over 180 minutes.

This is why Ronaldo was deployed as a centre forward for a lot of our games. So that this nonsense didnt happen regularly. I mean another game was the Porto game. First leg Ronaldo played wide, Ally Cisskho raped us, second leg Rooney played wide and tracked him back...

Same thing with the Bayern game where you could see Lahms overlap led top Gomez's winner in the first leg. Same thing happened in the Dortmund game, where again Ronaldo didnt track back, in most Classicos Alves as dominated the flanks, what was Ronaldo doing? I mean is it a coincidence that Mou's only victory against a full strength Barcelona came when Ronaldo played up front in the Copa del Ray final? Now ask yourself, is it a a tactical instruction? Will Ronaldo suddenly change his attitude that has been going on for almost 7 years for Barcelona? Again, using deductive reasoning, I don't think so.

This is one thing I agree with you on. However you can't be perfect, and this one would be a con honestly. However ronaldo is tracking back more this season.Mourinho tells him to save his energy for sprints for the most part.

Now people are saying Sanchez is a flop, Well I don't think he is, more to do with Barcelona's system and what is required of them. Sanchez played well for Udinese because he had a lot of space to exploit due to Udinese being a counter attacking team. At Barcelona, he is coming up against a wall everytime. Barcelona have to use combination moves to score goals most of the time as teams don't usually play that high a line and try to keep their back lines in position. Ronaldo needs space, even more so than Sanchez to operate. I mean Ronaldo was dribbling well in the EPL because of the space between the lines and how easy EPL defenders commited themselves. Its no surpirse that in pretty much all our big games, he flopped. I will pick Arsenal, Clichy had him in his back pocket in both games because he matched Ronaldo for Pace. Chelsea were always compact and so Ronaldo rarely found space do damage them. Liverpool away Ronaldo did absolutely nothing because under Rafa they were compact. Return leg he scored a header from a corner but was anonymous.

Son for Ronaldo to be at his absolute best, he needs space and room to run, things which they rarely get in Barcelona. So yes, I do not think he would score anywere near his current goal tally. In fact I reckon he would score just about 20. Ronaldo has the highest shot rate in Europe for the last 3 seasons, and he has the highest shots in EUROs History, so he will carry on shooting from stupid situations, something that is completely against Barcelonas patient play, so will he change something he has been doing for almost 7 years? Again, through deductive reasoning, I doubt it. How would the Barcelona players react? probably hate him more if that is possible. Now if he played in the 08/09 Barcelona he would have suited them much better because teams treated Barcelolna as equals and attacked them so Barcelona had a lot of space behind the defence. Now they really don't which is what makes them exceptional. We saw what happened when this started happening, Henry wasn't the same player as he had less space to operate. Now we can even see this at Madrid. Ronaldo is struggling now because a lot of teams are now sitting very deep. In fact Madrid players have complained that Mourinho doesnt have a solution when oppositions do this to Madrid and they have no options and look lacklustre against a team that sits deep. Now look at goal Ronaldo socred against Refchester Shitty, that was classic Ronaldo, give him space and he will rape your team. No space, no game.
And again guess what, ronaldo has adapted. Do you realize without cristiano in our past games, we would have been losing ALOT more.

He has shown he can break defenses this past couple months, if only the rest of our attack bar ozil can follow suit.

I do think he needs space however he will be passing the ball the majority of the time. Plus, his touch is quite good in my opinion. He uses his speed because he is fking fast as hell.

Again, Messi will take free kicks, Messi will take penalties, which would take away a bulk of Ronaldos goals. So yes, from all this, I can conclude Ronaldo would not be a good fit in Barcelona, his strengths will be rarely utilised. His traits would have to change, his mentalityu would have to change and he would have to be in service to the false ostraciser, Messi. Look at my sig, starting anti clockwise what are all those guys doing bar Nerman? Bench. Ronaldo would get frustrated like Villa, even worse and would become sad at Barcelona.


BTW this is all hypothetical. I do not want cristiano going to that club, I hate barcelona more then anything as a madrid fan.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7513
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:47 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Barca play much better with 2 inside forwards. Cuenca doesn't even fit the style. He's a generic winger. Sanchez doesn't really fit the style either.

Except thats utter nonesense, your correct.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:48 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:they do need players who are quality dribblers in small spaces, good in one on one. Callejon for example cant play on the wing for barca
I'm sorry, I worded it wrongly.

However, the traits I listed are far more important imo then dribbling.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7513
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:51 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:
The Franchise wrote:MT please stop.

Winger.

Look at the name for godness sake.

WING-er.

Someone who plays on the wing, does what he specializes in..on the WING.

There is no such a thing called inside winger, playmaker winger and all this other crap.

I really would like to educate you further but im afraid it would fall on deaf ears.

I'm just saying winger because they play out wide. I don't mean winger because they literally are a winger.

Ronaldo is a goalscoring winger, while Silva is a playmaking winger.


So, yes, it has fallen on deaf ears.


So if someone asked the question, 'where do Pedro and Villa play for Barca?' what would the answer be? You wouldn't really say 'inside forward', because that isn't a position, it's a role. Usually the answer would be 'on the wing'. But that doesn't mean they're pure wingers.



tuddor wrote:playmaking winger :facepalm:
what the hell can you playmake from the wing?
imagine a team who builds the game from the wing... imagine xavi doing 1000 passes on wing... now that's efficiency there

Silva? Nasri? They're examples of playmakers from the wing.

More nonesense. Stop trying to classify players and fit them into positions or roles. Cristiano doesnt score any goals from the wing, your making up a position.

Same with Nasri and same with Silva. They dont create from the wing, its from in between the lines, floating into spaces.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:53 pm

My opinion has changed a little from reading you guys, because you guys have brought valid points. However, ronaldo would still succeed in my opinion far more then you would think. There isn't more to say here, this topic has been beaten up, so honestly there isn't anything else to say.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7513
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:56 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

So, yes, it has fallen on deaf ears.


So if someone asked the question, 'where do Pedro and Villa play for Barca?' what would the answer be? You wouldn't really say 'inside forward', because that isn't a position, it's a role. Usually the answer would be 'on the wing'. But that doesn't mean they're pure wingers.



tuddor wrote:playmaking winger :facepalm:
what the hell can you playmake from the wing?
imagine a team who builds the game from the wing... imagine xavi doing 1000 passes on wing... now that's efficiency there

Silva? Nasri? They're examples of playmakers from the wing.

More nonesense. Stop trying to classify players and fit them into positions or roles. Cristiano doesnt score any goals from the wing, your making up a position.

Same with Nasri and same with Silva. They dont create from the wing, its from in between the lines, floating into spaces.

So what position would you say Ronaldo, Nasri, Silva, Pedro and Villa are?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40127
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:01 pm

They dont need positions.

They are players who do certain things on the pitch. Thats is.

Why you are obsessed with classifying players.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:07 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:My opinion has changed a little from reading you guys, because you guys have brought valid points. However, ronaldo would still succeed in my opinion far more then you would think. There isn't more to say here, this topic has been beaten up, so honestly there isn't anything else to say.

Depends what you mean by "succeed"

Would he score goals? yes but Ibra and Cesc to an extent last season scored goals.

Doesn't mean they succeed though, he wouldn't fit the overall structure of the team for reasons already explained.

He would most likely "fail" to "fit" for reasons already mentioned but he would score and that doesn't make him a bad player.

Ibra isn't a bad player, Cesc isn't a bad player and so on.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68988
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:09 pm

I'm sure I'm not the only one who gives positions/roles to Silva, Nasri, Pedro, Ronaldo and Villa.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40127
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:13 pm

The Franchise wrote:They dont need positions.

They are players who do certain things on the pitch. Thats is.

Why you are obsessed with classifying players.

Well obviously it's important to classify players at least as goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders, and attackers. After that it's really a matter of opinion.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28318
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 107

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:13 pm

Im sure you not the only one too.

The problem isnt your giving them roles, its that you dont give them any value, your not understanding the bigger point.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would Ronaldo and Neymar do at Barca?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum