*Transfers special* Which players should Arsenal sell and buy in January?

+24
Bellabong
urbaNRoots
Be/\/ceCALI
DeletedUser#1
Jay29
vivabarca38
Art Morte
VanDeezNuts
Lex
Adit
Eman
kiranr
Dante
Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Raptorgunner
free_cat
The Franchise
S
Swanhends
Sri
LeVersacci
Valkyrja
Onyx
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

*Transfers special* Which players should Arsenal sell and buy in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: *Transfers special* Which players should Arsenal sell and buy in January?

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:33 pm

kiranr wrote:Do you Arsenal fans think it would have been financially possible to hold on to Hleb, Cole, Flamini, Nasri, Cesc, Song, Adebayor, RVP along with the current squad minus maybe Podolski and Arteta?

Thats a good question. hmm

We do have 2 of richest owners in football.

Usmanov is 3 time richer than abramovich. I guess all we had to is ask.

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

*Transfers special* Which players should Arsenal sell and buy in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: *Transfers special* Which players should Arsenal sell and buy in January?

Post by Adit Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:33 pm

A left winger and a new LB should be their priority imo. Good shout on Nani,i think he could play as a left winger and will be cheap (relatively).

Nani...................Giroud..................Walcott

...................Cazorla

........................Wilshire...........Coq

New LB...........Mert........Kos..................Sagna

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:35 pm

If you signed Hunterlaar, or Ba, or any of those types of striker...would Giroud ever play?

Hunterlaar and Giroud sounds a horrible partnership.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:39 pm

Adit wrote:A left winger and a new LB should be their priority imo. Good shout on Nani,i think he could play as a left winger and will be cheap (relatively).

Nani...................Giroud..................Walcott

...................Cazorla

........................Wilshire...........Coq

New LB...........Mert........Kos..................Sagna

If they are going to get Nani, then they should play Poldi up front and not Giroud.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:41 pm

Diaby is a great player IMO... such a shame he is such injury-prone...
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:42 pm

The Franchise wrote:If you signed Hunterlaar, or Ba, or any of those types of striker...would Giroud ever play?

Giroud would go to the bench. Podolski or Theo would become the partner. Even if we play with 1 striker, Giroud will end up on the bench tbh. I think he's a good player but he hasn't done well enough to fill the gap of RvP

On another note, I am 100% against signing Nani. I would be very upset if we signed a player I dislike so much.

And seriously why do some people not think we need a new, more robust CM? This is 100% the area we have been most exposed since Diaby's injury.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:43 pm

The Franchise wrote:If you signed Hunterlaar, or Ba, or any of those types of striker...would Giroud ever play?

Giroud has no competition and Gervinho somehow takes his place that just tells you how bad we are. :facepalm:

Hunterlaar would be a step up from what we have.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:45 pm

kiranr wrote:

If they are going to get Nani, then they should play Poldi up front and not Giroud.

Both could work actually. I think Walcott can make a great partnership with Giroud just like Nani can form one with Podolski.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:48 pm

For the 2/3 games that Walcott and Giroud played together, they linked exceptionally, with Walcott crossing in to Giroud to head in

But I'm sure Ramsey and Gervais can be just as impactful Rolling Eyes
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:49 pm

Adit wrote:
kiranr wrote:

Both could work actually. I think Walcott can make a great partnership with Giroud just like Nani can form one with Podolski.

Walcott is almost gone, you will see him wearing United shit if Nani is sold. I think even if we give him what he wants he would join United.

We are the worst when it comes to contract negations.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:51 pm

Lex wrote:For the 2/3 games that Walcott and Giroud played together, they linked exceptionally, with Walcott crossing in to Giroud to head in

But I'm sure Ramsey and Gervais can be just as impactful Rolling Eyes
Lex what pissed me off last game, we kept crossing the ball for Gervshit and when we have Giroud, no one bothers other than Walcott.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:52 pm

Adit wrote:
kiranr wrote:

I don't know about the Giroud-Walcott partnership. I assume you are talking about crosses to Giroud. How many crosses do you ideally see Arsenal playing. I feel Walcott can make a good partner to Poldi as well.

BTW, can Cazorla play on the left?

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:53 pm

We cross the ball to Gervais and, instead of trying to head it in or tap it in first time, he brings it down, spins and runs to the byline so the defenders can catch up and triple team him

scratch I mean, da fuq is that about?? Kick the fcking ball into the net
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:55 pm

Can we get a word block on "Gervinho"? So he can only be referred to by his real name or via insults eg Gervshit, Predator Lite, Ricky Gervais etc?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:55 pm

It could work..Walcott crossing it to Giroud is not really a hard tactic to implement..

Cazorla can play anywhere in the front 3 except CF and could also play as a play making CM.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:58 pm

Lex wrote:Can we get a word block on "Gervinho"? So he can only be referred to by his real name or via insults eg Gervshit, Predator Lite, Ricky Gervais etc?

Good idea, and the good news is he is going to African cup, I hope its one way ticket.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:02 pm

lots of players they should sell. santos, squillaci, gervinho, arshavin and chamakh imo

just get those awful players off the books.

they should buy:

a proper LB - coentrao.
a MF - no idea here really.
and a ST - huntelaar (at end of his contract should be able to go for cheap)

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:06 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:

And that's the problem with Arsenal. Not buying big players.

I'm sure everyone deep down knows their target is to win the EPL and CL. Not finish 4th every season.

Aren't Arsenal suppose to be a top team?

They are not buying big players because either they cant afford to or Wenger think he can get players for cheaper who will eventually become top players.

He isnt wrong, but his method has it flaws also.

A top team? Do they look like a top team to you?

Atletico were once a top team. So where Aston Villa. So where Leeds.

Need to move on with the times, not everyone can be elite for their entire history. Or even most of their history.

They might say their target is win the title, they might even want to belive it...but anyone with 2 eyes can see thats not what they are right now.

Perhaps we should lament Atletico for signing Godin, after all why didnt they go for Vidic?

Well there's rumours Arsenal have 50m to spend in January.

Arsenal haven't sunk to Atletico, Leeds or Aston Villa's level. They're still at a high level and it is possible for them to compete for the title/CL etc.

People don't class Atletico as a top tier club. Arsenal are still a top tier club. It's just they're not competing for what they should be competing for.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:30 pm

Why is Nanis name being kicked around in here :facepalm:

SAF would never sell a threatening player to a direct rival, he is no Wenger

Also Huntelaar?!? I dont even....guys pls
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:37 pm

It's probably been said already, but perhaps Llorente is Arsenal-bound.

Or buy Balotelli in a shock move banana
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:48 pm

Podolski
Adrian Walcott
Arteta Cazorla
Wilshere
Vermalean Kosc. Mertsacker Jenkinson/Sagna
Forster/Chesney

4-3-2-1 There are no Defensive Midfielders that can do what Arsenal are looking for and at the same time come at a decent price,although admittedly I havent seen Capoue play before.Let Lionhart do the job for now.They could Forster for 10-11m or they could just stick with Chesney.Adrian is a real priority as he is a real gem of a player and it would allow Podolski to play as a Striker.

The 4-3-2-1 formation could also help Arsenal get more possession.I prefer it over the 4-3-3 with Arsenal's players because Adrian and Walcott are both goal threats and 4-3-3 would make them a bit one-dimensional and would get them away from the goal.The players have to play their part,too.They need to man up every single game and give it their all if Arsenal could atleast get that 4th spot.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:41 pm

Wilshere playing in any defensive role would be a disaster waiting to happen. He's got a lot of energy and aggression, but his defending is rash and undisciplined.

To get the most out of Wilshere, he needs freedom to break forward, thus we would require a holding player to keep the balance in the side. Arteta performs the role currently, and he has the technical skills and intelligence to do so, but he's lacking physically. Apply any pressure to this midfield and it tends to crumble.

I'm thinking that Wilshere should play the most advanced role in midfield and Cazorla should move to either the left or right. This would open up a space in midfield for a more physical player: Coquelin, Diaby, Diame, Capoue - whoever. It also solves the issue of the lack of flair and creativity on the flanks; Podolski clearly isn't suited to that role.

Assuming Walcott isn't going to stay, we would need a winger or someone who can play on the flanks, preferably someone decent in front of goal.

That would leave Podolski and Giroud as our strikers. Maybe not of the quality we need to get back to where we used to be, but would do us for the rest of the season until we can maybe get someone who's significantly better.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:27 pm

Anton Ferdinand to replace Djourou
Adel Taarabt to replace Ramsey (when playing RW)
Granero to replace Diaby
Armand Traore to replace Andre Santos

Cheap, easy and feasible. The 4 of them won't cost more than 20M pounds.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:50 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Song went forward because Wenger allowed him to so. If it was not for Song we would not have made top4 or even Europe league.

Song is the reason Arsenal has fallen apart, not RVP. At Barcelona Song has been told to do his job and he is doing it.

Agreed. Song was massive for us but got a lot of stick.. it's clear that nobody has been able to fill that void. Song + RVP were our game-winners last season, and Walcott as well to a lesser extent. If we lost Theo, there's no hope..

For a striker, I would like Llorente more so than anyone else we can get right now. Huntelaar would be another good option because the man is a lethal finisher
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:26 pm

Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Arteta Diame/Diaby
Adrian Wilshere Cazorla
Giroud/Bony

Bench: Gordon, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Diaby/Diame, Rosicky, Podolski, Bony/Giroud.

This should keep us 4th maybe 3rd for this season. Next summer bigger changes needed.

inb4 Zaha, Henry and Huntelaar.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:35 pm

All this talk about signing a world-class CM/DM and you guys are forgetting how unavailable they are. Mou resorted to getting Essien. Barca grabbed one of the only ones available this season in Song. Bayern splashed the cash to get Martinez. Manchester United brought Scholes out of retirement.

Pray that you guys can get Capoue or Lars Bender because those are the best DM's I know of that are remotely close to being available.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next