*Transfers Special* Which players should Liverpool buy and sell in the summer?

+6
futbol
Freeza
RealGunner
RedOranje
Hapless_Hans
Onyx
10 posters

Go down

*Transfers Special* Which players should Liverpool buy and sell in the summer? Empty *Transfers Special* Which players should Liverpool buy and sell in the summer?

Post by Onyx Mon May 12, 2014 8:48 pm

Which players should Liverpool buy and sell in the summer?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

*Transfers Special* Which players should Liverpool buy and sell in the summer? Empty Re: *Transfers Special* Which players should Liverpool buy and sell in the summer?

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 12, 2014 10:59 pm

Please, take Kroos. We don't want him anymore.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

*Transfers Special* Which players should Liverpool buy and sell in the summer? Empty Re: *Transfers Special* Which players should Liverpool buy and sell in the summer?

Post by RedOranje Mon May 12, 2014 11:06 pm

Liverpool don't have the money to offer £40m or so for a single player.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 12, 2014 11:09 pm

Mt wait a day at least ffs.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon May 12, 2014 11:22 pm

RedOranje wrote:Liverpool don't have the money to offer £40m or so for a single player.
Not even for Khedira? hmm

They need to buy some defenders to be honest, as much as I love Agger, he has not looked optimal as of late. Their defense was just awful, and is probably the reason they lost the league. There's just not that many good options at the moment. Liverpool in the CL will help them in getting players though. Overall they need players on all positions though, they have to be competitive in more than one tournament this upcoming season, and they don't have the depth for that imo.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 12, 2014 11:32 pm

Alex Song is a great player.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon May 12, 2014 11:32 pm

Freeza wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Liverpool don't have the money to offer £40m or so for a single player.

They need to buy some defenders to be honest, as much as I love Agger, he has not looked optimal as of late. Their defense was just awful, and is probably the reason they lost the league.

Our defense is not shit because of Agger. He started only 15 league games this season. We only had 10 clean sheets in the league and Agger started in 9 of them.

The problem is Skrtel and Johnson, and the fact that Kolo played 20 times in the league. Skrtel is super mistake prone and Johnson's just simply horrible. It also didn't help that Cissokho played around 15 games and Enrique was out all season.

We MUST sell Skrtel and Johnson. Agger should NOT be sold.

We do need a CB and a fullback. hopefully MDS is the fullback we buy.

And that's just the defense.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon May 12, 2014 11:35 pm

Freeza wrote:

They need to buy some defenders to be honest, as much as I love Agger, he has not looked optimal as of late. Their defense was just awful, and is probably the reason they lost the league. There's just not that many good options at the moment. Liverpool in the CL will help them in getting players though. Overall they need players on all positions though, they have to be competitive in more than one tournament this upcoming season, and they don't have the depth for that imo.

You rather answered your own question there, with the usual touch of oversimplification to be expected anytime someone comments on a club they don't closely follow.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon May 12, 2014 11:37 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Please, take Kroos. We don't want him anymore.

yes please. But only if Pjanic doesn't come home.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 12, 2014 11:38 pm

Fußball wrote:Alex Song is a great player.

Are you going to do this in every thread? Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon May 12, 2014 11:38 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Fußball wrote:Alex Song is a great player.

Are you going to do this in every thread? Laughing

I'd take Song tbh.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon May 12, 2014 11:40 pm

I haven't seen Song since he moved to Barca really... does he still like to go on walk-abouts from the CDM role or is he more disciplined positionally now?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 12, 2014 11:52 pm

RedOranje wrote:I haven't seen Song since he moved to Barca really... does he still like to go on walk-abouts from the CDM role or is he more disciplined positionally now?

He's super disciplined. He's learned a lot alongside Xavi and Busquets and progressed like a champ. I will cry if we lose him but a great player like him deserves more playing time. Only € 15M.

Please?

Yes?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon May 12, 2014 11:54 pm

@RO
The Khedira comment should be considered as subtle stab at United, for offering the same amount for him, even though they were in need of some quality.

The other part of my reply was seperate.

I would love to see Liverpool fit in Rakitic in their squad, should be able to get him for some 20m€, even though he has probably been one of the best, if not the best, playmaking midfielder in La Liga this season. But the chance of playing CL ball, maybe is too much to pass down.
Another Sevilla player they could go for would be Fazio.
Okore from Villa would have been a good fit to partner Agger, if not for him tearing his knee. So, if he comes back to his old level that could be an option in the winter window.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon May 12, 2014 11:57 pm

We've already bid for Lallana, so I can't see another similar player being pursued unless we fail to agree a deal for him... which rules out Rakitic and potentially Kroos as well (though he can play a deeper role as well, and his price would be massively higher).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Tue May 13, 2014 12:28 am

I wonder if they go in for Konoplyanka again? Especially if Moses goes back and seeing as Aspas and the other guy have had no impact whatsoever lol
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue May 13, 2014 12:37 am

julias wrote:I wonder if they go in for Konoplyanka again? Especially if Moses goes back and seeing as Aspas and the other guy have had no impact whatsoever lol

No, according to the Liverpool Echo, LFC have cooled interest in Konoplyanka and will be looking elsewhere.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue May 13, 2014 1:00 am

RedOranje wrote:
julias wrote:I wonder if they go in for Konoplyanka again? Especially if Moses goes back and seeing as Aspas and the other guy have had no impact whatsoever lol

No, according to the Liverpool Echo, LFC have cooled interest in Konoplyanka and will be looking elsewhere.

Dear god I hope this is true, because it would give Spurs a legit LW threat.

I also agree with Hapless, if we aren't going to use Kroos I would rather him feature for another team than watch him waste away on our bench.

I want to see great players play, not waste away on the bench of any team. If they don't fit your system, move them on instead of letting their talent wither and die.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum