*Transfers Special* Which players should Arsenal buy and sell in the summer?

+10
Donuts
Eman
McAgger
farfan
Great Leader Sprucenuce
sportsczy
Mr Nick09
REWB
futbol
Onyx
14 posters

Go down

*Transfers Special* Which players should Arsenal buy and sell in the summer? Empty *Transfers Special* Which players should Arsenal buy and sell in the summer?

Post by Onyx Mon May 12, 2014 5:50 pm

Which players should Arsenal buy and sell in the summer?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

*Transfers Special* Which players should Arsenal buy and sell in the summer? Empty Re: *Transfers Special* Which players should Arsenal buy and sell in the summer?

Post by futbol Mon May 12, 2014 6:01 pm

Sell: Ramsey
Buy: Song

This will provide them with great balance.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

*Transfers Special* Which players should Arsenal buy and sell in the summer? Empty Re: *Transfers Special* Which players should Arsenal buy and sell in the summer?

Post by REWB Mon May 12, 2014 7:53 pm

IN: sanchez, martinez, aurier and Nicolas N'Koulou.

OUT: sagna,

thats it.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 12, 2014 7:58 pm

nkoulou rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 12, 2014 8:00 pm

Please buy Nkoulou.... PLEASE.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 12, 2014 8:05 pm

Arsenal's story is pretty easy tbh.

Replace Sagna should he leave, sign a DM as Arteta is on the way down and lets be honest Flamini isn't the answer.

Winger with pace who can score as they have to little to none of that without Walcott and ofcourse a Quality CF.

Will it happen is really anyones guess.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 12, 2014 8:06 pm

isnt the same every summer? we all know what they need, yet Wenger manages to screw it up somehow
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon May 12, 2014 8:11 pm

out : Bendtner ,Miyaichi , diaby , park.
in : gonalons , cavani ,griezmann
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon May 12, 2014 8:22 pm

If I was Venga I'd splash the cash on Sanchez. He actually can be world class if he played in a system that allows him to be himself and not Messi's bitch.

There really won't be any top ST available unless Arsenal get either one of Costa/Falcao (whichever one doesn't sign for Chavs).

And also a DM, should stop waiting for crocked Diaby.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon May 12, 2014 8:33 pm

If we had no players leave, we would have a complete squad with two more players IMO - a CF who can play out wide as an option, and a DM who can play CB when required. For example, Cavani/Suarez and Song/Mascherano would complete our team; NOT that we are going to sign any of those players but I'm just saying.

With Sagna going, that's another RB we're going to need plus someone who can play CB because Sagna is also our 4th choice CB. Maybe we will promote from within for our 4th choice CB but I don't think anybody really has that much confidence Miquel or Hayden.

Fabianski and Viviano will also be leaving so we need 1-2 goalkeepers, depending on if Arsene has confidence in Damian Martinez as a 3rd choice.

So, at minimum, we need 4 players: GK, RB, DM, CF. We may need another GK, a winger and a CB as well depending on who we buy, which is a problem because Wenger has often said that he doesn't like signing more than 3 players.

As such, I expect us to try to keep hold of Diaby in the hope that he can fill the DM spot and by some miracle not get injured, then sign a GK, RB and CF. This might be enough if the guys we do sign are really great, but my hopes are not high for this summer pale

Last edited by Eman on Mon May 12, 2014 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon May 12, 2014 8:36 pm

why get sanchez when you can get vela Smile
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Mon May 12, 2014 8:37 pm

farfan wrote:out : Bendtner ,Miyaichi , diaby , park.
in : gonalons , cavani ,griezmann

precisely this. arse are at the stage where theyd dont need to make gambleson bargain players; their competition sure won't I would also add the likes of javi martinez, luis gustavo, falcao etc to this list
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon May 12, 2014 8:43 pm

Since I never said who we should sign, this is my realistic/not impossible wishlist:

IN: Begovic, Aurier, Javi Martinez, Vela, Lukaku

OUT: Bendtner, Park, Diaby, Miyaichi, Viviano, Fabianski, Sagna - although I would prefer the latter two somehow stay...
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 12, 2014 9:38 pm

Without selling/releasing anyone we need pretty much what Mole said. Plus a GK and RB to replace Fabianski/Sagna who are leaving for sure, Vermaelen might want to leave too so that's 2 CB's.

Our biggest challenge will be signing a great striker, since there's no one available. Other positions can be dealt easier as there are many alternativds to our first targets.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon May 12, 2014 10:15 pm

sportsczy wrote:Please buy Nkoulou....  PLEASE.

i have no idea how good he, but he is the only defender we have been linked with atm. seems like he is bad Sad
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 12, 2014 10:49 pm

Here's an idea:

First you get that Aurier everyone is raving about.

Then you want Alexis Sanchez?

Great idea, but he'd love to play with his mate Vidal.
That's why you throw crazy money at Vidal and Juve.

£25m for Sanchez, £50m for Vidal, all problems solved.

.....................szescny.............
Aurier........Merte........Koscielny.......Gibbs
...............Ramsey.......Vidal...........
Ox(Walcott)...Wilshere(Cazorla).....Özil(Podolski)
...................Sanchez...........................

Wenger to go out with a bang hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 12, 2014 11:00 pm

The only chilean Arsenal have a chance at signing is Mauricio Isla, and juve fans would probably drive him to the airport
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 12, 2014 11:06 pm

I really can't see Sanchez as a CF working out too well tbh. At least consistently.

Maybe on the odd occasion if Giroud goes down, they would still need a CF on top of that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 12, 2014 11:08 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:The only chilean Arsenal have a chance at signing is Mauricio Isla, and juve fans would probably drive him to the airport

You're probably right, but that is because they don't dare to THINK BIG.

They should hire me as director of sports imo.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Tue May 13, 2014 9:20 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I really can't see Sanchez as a CF working out too well tbh. At least consistently.

Maybe on the odd occasion if Giroud goes down, they would still need a CF on top of that.

Arsenal's biggest plus point could be that if they do sign Sanchez or Vela, they could play with three forwards and no one occupies the central position as their own. They could interchange constantly, keeping the opposition guessing. This will also give Ozil more freedom as he will have three runners infront of him, rather than one runner (Walcott)

Lets take this as an example

Poldi, Sanchez and Walcott.

Walcott can play on the right, in the center and occasionally on the left. Poldi can play left and the center, while Sanchez can play in all three forward positions (Lets leave Ox out for now)

Let us say Poldi starts upfront while Sanchez and Walcott flanked him. The first five minutes, you could have Poldi dropping deep while we try to take control of the match, passing the ball around, at the same time stretching the opposition with Sanchez and Walcott who hugs the touchlines. The opposition might take the bait and come forward, because Poldi is dropping in deep, allowing two things:

1. Sanchez and Walcott getting opportunities to run in behind the defence with Ozil playing in those through passes.

2. Because of the opposition being pulled around by the three forwards, Ozil finds space to work his magic while Ramsey is able to run at the opposition and thrive on the space, providing a fourth option of running into the opposition box.

Then through the game, Sanchez, Poldi and Walcott can interchange, giving the midfield different options, while not allowing the opposition to get a lock on one player cause they move around.

Now, if they do park the bus, this also gives Arsene options because Poldi, Sanchez and Walcott get a shot in and since he is playing with three forwards, where none of their back is towards the goal all the time, the full backs will have more people to cross to in the box, rather than just Giroud and/or Ramsey.

Its not perfect and Im sure there are flaws, but I think having that option will really work wonders for Arsenal in the attacking front.

Also, I would like us to keep Kallstrom. I think we should let Arteta go and keep Kallstrom instead.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue May 13, 2014 4:08 pm

AnJl, first off I disagree with your analysis of how effective your proposed front-line would be. Our build up play would seriously suffer.

However, your last sentence baffles me - you're saying you would take Kim 'I've only started 1 game' Kallstrom over our vice-captain? Yeah Arteta has looked meh at times this year but pls go..
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down