*Transfers special* What players should Arsenal sell and buy in the summer?

+11
RealGunner
Jay29
Great Leader Sprucenuce
timzink
Lex
BAYERN_MUNICH
juvealbanian
Art Morte
sportsczy
futbol
Onyx
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

*Transfers special* What players should Arsenal sell and buy in the summer? Empty *Transfers special* What players should Arsenal sell and buy in the summer?

Post by Onyx Wed May 01, 2013 11:08 am

What players should Arsenal sell and buy in the summer?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

*Transfers special* What players should Arsenal sell and buy in the summer? Empty Re: *Transfers special* What players should Arsenal sell and buy in the summer?

Post by futbol Wed May 01, 2013 11:12 am

Sell: don't care

Buy: Fabregas

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

*Transfers special* What players should Arsenal sell and buy in the summer? Empty Re: *Transfers special* What players should Arsenal sell and buy in the summer?

Post by sportsczy Wed May 01, 2013 11:24 am

I'm already getting angry even before the transfer season... look, Arsenal are not going to sign a top player. They just can't in their setup. You would need a particular situation like Cazorla not getting paid by Malaga. Unless something strange like that opens a door, you will see signings like Giroud, Podolski, etc.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 01, 2013 11:27 am

Or Fabregas.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed May 01, 2013 11:29 am

Mario Gomez :coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 01, 2013 11:45 am

Oh good. Let's get Mario Gomez who thrives on crosses...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Wed May 01, 2013 12:00 pm

Matri or Quagliarella please
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Wed May 01, 2013 12:18 pm

Arsenal should do it like Dortmund, they should set their expections lower for the next 2 or 3 season, develop own talents and scout cheap young talents.
I think that's the only way if you have not the money. They shouldn't buy an expensive star imo.
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed May 01, 2013 1:03 pm

We have money and COULD buy an expensive player. Wenger is just too stubborn
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by timzink Wed May 01, 2013 1:14 pm

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:Arsenal should do it like Dortmund, they should set their expections lower for the next 2 or 3 season, develop own talents and scout cheap young talents.
I think that's the only way if you have not the money. They shouldn't buy an expensive star imo.

Thats exactly what we've been trying to do since 2005 but the fans got impatient and our very top players also got impatient so Wenger and board panicked and are adopting a different strategy .

We should aim to buy players like koscielny, players who are young, hungry, and talented who no ones interested in yet . Over the last few years our policy in terms of young players seems to have been to look for players who are already famous like hazard, goetze etc who we have no chance of no signing .

I would really like it if we signed Ever Banega, and Canales from Valencia
timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 01, 2013 1:34 pm

Firstly lets look at their current best eleven....

Chesney
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Arteta Ramsey
Walcott Wilshere Cazorla
Giroud

Now i think the set up is fine but in certain areas and in certain games different types of players are necessary.

IMHO they need a GK, CB, RB, Diaby replacement(lets face it he can't be relied upon anymore) RW and CF.

GK: Personally Chesney is talented but i think Arsenal need a experienced reliable GK it would help Chesney's game too.

CB: Vermealen is unreliable at best and i think they might sell him anyway, every top club needs 3 top class CBs

RB: Sagna maybe going and even if he doesn't i think they should look to strengthen this area, the amount of times Sagna goes forward and does absolute f*ck all with it is painful to watch.

RW: Walcott is first choice but IMO there are games were he isn't suited and a more natural winger who more technical and dribbling ability would be better suited.

Diaby replacement: As mentioned above he can't be relied upon any more and as well as Arteta and Ramsey have done together i think Arsenal need someone in the Diaby mould long term.

CF: Giroud has done well all things considered but personally i feel Arsenal's style of play is better suited to someone like Jovetic whether they can get him or not is up for debate but a more skilled forward who can drop into midfield like RVP use to is required.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 01, 2013 3:25 pm

As far as I know, we're looking at Dragovic for centre back and Gonalons for centre midfield. We're definitely looking for a keeper and have had scouts watching Adler for a while, and we're apparently trying hard for Jovetic.

I'd be very happy with those four, though I'd prefer Kondogbia instead of Gonalons. If Dragovic goes to Everton (which is supposedly likely) then we should look at someone like Ashley Williams. If Sagna stays, I wouldn't mind us using him as a 3rd/4th choice centre back and rotate him with Jenkinson. If he goes, then an experienced right back would be preferable.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 01, 2013 4:10 pm

In terms of selling, Arsenal won't sell any notable 1st team players.

The fringe players will be sold or be let go on a free

Bendtner
Chamakh
Park
Denilson
Squillaci
Mannone
Fabianski(perhaps)

While the only 1st teamer i can see leave is Sagna since his contract is up and i can't see Arsenal renewing it.

In terms of buying

Mole and jay has summed it up pretty well. We need a CM, which will probably be Gonalons who will replace Arteta eventually. Then we need a RB who is in late 20s, someone like Angel Rangel so Jenkinson and Bellerin can develop without any pressure.

Then we need a Striker, Villa and Jovetic have been linked recently but Jovetic might be too far. Villa seems likely.

CB, I personally want Sakho but if Ancelotti is going then he won't leave. papadopoulos is a player i won't mind.

As for GK, i would love Adler.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 01, 2013 5:27 pm

Sell: Vermaelen, Djourou, Arshavin/Squillaci (released), Coquelin, Denilson and Bendtner.

Sign: GK (Adler, Caballero, J. Cesar), CB (Sakho, Indi, Inigo Martinez), DM (Inler, Gonalons, Schneiderlin) and CF (Jovetic, Villa, Higuain)

First team:

GK
Sagna Koscielny CB Gibbs
Arteta/DM - Ramsey
Walcott Wilshere Cazorla
CF

Bench: Szczesny, Mertesacker, Monreal, DM/Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski, Giroud

Squad players: Jenkinson, Miquel, Rosicky and Gervinho.

-------------------------------

Wenger probably doesn't even know some of the options I mentioned but I'm happy to believe in him aslong as a CF, DM, CB and GK are signed.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed May 01, 2013 5:28 pm

Mario Gomez Laughing 120k/w
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 01, 2013 5:31 pm

lol Arsene will not even think about him. Not our type
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 01, 2013 5:34 pm

Lyon does not sell cheap and they have no intention of selling Gonalons from what i hear. They are looking to unload Gomis, Lisandro and Gourcuff. If they get 2 out of the 3 out the door, Gonalons goes nowhere imo. He's not asking to leave either.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed May 01, 2013 5:34 pm

Arsene to go for Schwazer again Proud
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 01, 2013 5:36 pm

So no one wants a winger as an alternative/competition to Walcott?

With Arteta-Ramsey-Wilshere-Cazorla all very narrow it creates a problem of width as Walcott likes to come inside too.

Take the Man Utd game for example, i felt the right side was a major problem as Sagna offered close to nothing and Walcott wanted to come inside all the time.

I think buying a winger with more dribbling ability and technique than Walcott would be a good idea, if you are to persist with the 4 midfielders above and quite frankly i think you should as it gives you balanced and solidity.

I honestly don't have a problem with Cazorla coming inside, because unlike Walcott he is creative and has ability in tight spaces and of course has Gibbs outside of him.

This isn't the case on the right side with Sagna who even on top form isn't an offensive threat, and Walcott who can't really create opportunities by himself due to lack of aforementioned dribbling and technical ability.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed May 01, 2013 5:37 pm

Yep.. you guys should try for Higuain though, he does suit Arsenal. Don't think he can be affordable though.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 01, 2013 5:41 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Yep.. you guys should try for Higuain though, he does suit Arsenal. Don't think he can be affordable though.

Pls go. I'm already trying to sell them Fabregas.

Yeah, so. There is this Cesc Fabregas lad. I think he'd suit the Premier League and thrive in a club like Arsenal. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 01, 2013 5:42 pm

Lol i would love Cesc back. But i think Barca will keep him for another year
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 01, 2013 5:43 pm

RG supporting Higuian would be a sight to see Laughing eco smile
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 01, 2013 5:43 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:RG supporting Higuian would be a sight to see Laughing eco smile

Would be the greatest striker since Gerd Muller if he comes to Arsenal. Atm he is Argentine Heskey
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed May 01, 2013 5:44 pm

futbol wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:Yep.. you guys should try for Higuain though, he does suit Arsenal. Don't think he can be affordable though.

Pls go. I'm already trying to sell them Fabregas.

Yeah, so. There is this Cesc Fabregas lad. I think he'd suit the Premier League and thrive in a club like Arsenal. :coffee:
haha Razz
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next