Jay29
RealGunner
Sina
SamuelJayC
Raptorgunner
57 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:39 pm

Sky Sports: Demba Ba to meet with Chelsea representatives tonight.

:facepalm:

SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:54 pm

Howver, I guess Signing Ba would basically make Walcott leave. 4231 means one striker up front, if it's not Theo, he's gone. Hence Adrian talks (versatile).
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:06 pm

I doubt Chelsea are the only club Ba is in contact with. I bet he's been talking with representatives from just about every interested party, ourselves included. We only know there are talks with Chelsea because they leaked it to the press and there could be various reasons for that.

So Ba to Chelsea isn't a guaranteed thing.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:30 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Sky Sports: Demba Ba to meet with Chelsea representatives tonight.

oh please, ba is decent but we can do better tbh
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:23 pm

We dont need Ba.. Giroud will be better than him soon..
better worry about signing a dm/physical cm (Diame).. and a replacement (i am being realistic) for Walcott..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:56 pm

Who cares about Ba, I hope he never joins us. We dont need ba, never did and never will. Proud

Lets move on to better things. :fishing:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:57 pm

REWB wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:Sky Sports: Demba Ba to meet with Chelsea representatives tonight.

Only Van Persie and Rooney have scored more goals than Ba since he joined the league 2 years ago....

Just sayin.....

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:00 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
REWB wrote:

Only Van Persie and Rooney have scored more goals than Ba since he joined the league 2 years ago....

Just sayin.....

Mole we know, Ba does not fit our style. Walcott and Michu will break that record soon.

I hope Ba stays and helps Newcastle win the Europa league. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:03 pm

Wilson37 wrote:We dont need Ba.. Giroud will be better than him soon..
better worry about signing a dm/physical cm (Diame).. and a replacement (i am being realistic) for Walcott..

I am really hoping that Theo gets a contract that he will sign. Giroud just like Arsenal have done very little without Theo on the pitch. Mostly In my opinion since the alternatives for Theo are not the quality they need to be and Giroud currently can not stand on his own.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:05 pm

Would love Arda Turan.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:06 pm

Theo loves Arsenal and wants to stay, he will sign, and the way he has been playing he will get his money.

Theo knows leaving Arsenal is not option. Proud

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:11 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
REWB wrote:

Just sayin.....

Mole we know, Ba does not fit our style. Walcott and Michu will break that record soon.

I hope Ba stays and helps Newcastle win the Europa league. :bow:

He's leaving mate and we had more possession than you at your place and scored 3 times with Ba scored twice i know we lost but i don't agree that Ba don't fit your style.....

He's not some no technique target man who hangs on the goal line.

Just annoys me how good Ba is people still think he's just " decent " he's better than any striker you have atm.... no disrespect he's just that good.

Not sure what more he has to do to prove how good he is tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:14 pm

Arsenal join United in race for Baines as Gunners plot £10m January bid

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2254850/Arsenal-want-Leighton-Baines-Everton-For-10m.html#ixzz2GYneUEEz

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:17 pm

Mole First goals was a deflection, not sure what Jack was think there?

Gibbs was sleep walking for the other 2 goals. :facepalm:

I know you had more possession but we could have at least another 4/5 goals.

kos and Vermaelen had Ba all night just Gibbs was caught ball watching.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:26 pm

Vermaelen struggled badly against Ba. Don't think he won a single challenge against him.

Walcott might very well prove to be a good striker, but right now, Ba is better than anything we have up front right now and he would certainly fit into our system.

£10mil for Baines is lolworthy btw. Everton aren't going to sell for anything less than £20mil.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:31 pm

REWB wrote:

Elaborate please, if you don't mind.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:44 pm

We need a Sol Campbell type CB
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:48 pm

RealGunner wrote:We need a Sol Campbell type CB

Who doesn't? Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:56 pm

Merteswagger is Sol enough. I'd like to see a versatile defender come in. Verms-Mert and Kos-Mert both work. The common denominator being an aerially dominant, tactically aware stay at home defender.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:10 pm

He's leaving mate and we had more possession than you at your place and scored 3 times with Ba scored twice i know we lost but i don't agree that Ba don't fit your style.....

He's not some no technique target man who hangs on the goal line.

Just annoys me how good Ba is people still think he's just " decent " he's better than any striker you have atm.... no disrespect he's just that good.

Not sure what more he has to do to prove how good he is tbh.

This.

Where's sportsczy?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:11 pm

Do we really need ba?

I rather we spend this money on winger or a wide forward. Giroud can be better than Ba if we get good service.

The knee is ticking, Ba will not come to Arsenal anyways, he wants big money move and we wont pay him for good reasons. With our luck he would get the Diaby sickness and never play if he signs with us.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:27 pm

AnonymousFC ‏@AnonymousFC0

Arsenal have agreed terms with Wilfried Zaha. Manchester United remain interested but Arsenal is his preferred destination.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:30 pm

£7mil on Ba is a bargain. If the need is there, there is no reason not to go for him; his so called dodgey knee hasn't acted up since he's come to the Premier League, and he's supposedly asking for £80k p/w, which we could pay him, easily. Guys like Mertesacker, Wilshere, Arshavin and Podolski are already earning that much. Walcott would be earning more if he signs on. £80k p/w for a prolific striker like Ba is damn good and about what we should be paying him.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:04 pm

I'd prefer Theo over anyone, Ba included. I'd rather let Giroud keep building up. Him and Theo are forming a great relationship as the latter's crossing is now ironically the best in the squad. Better to sign a versatile player like Adrian or a winger like Zaha who could give service to Giroud. Ba would mean goodbye Theo.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:20 pm

Keeping Walcott should be our first priority, definitely. He's our most in form player and has been our most consistent attacker all season. Getting him signed up to a new deal would be the best bit of business we could do in January.

For me, though, it still seems more likely he's not going to sign and he isn't, we may as well take advantage of Ba's release clause while it's still there.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:30 pm

Not sure if real account:

Tom Soares ‏@TomSoares8
all the best at #afc @wilfriedzaha this kid will boss it with arsenal

hmm

Llew Davies ‏@LlewAFC
For anyone wondering, Tom Soares is an ex-Crystal Palace youth. I believe he came through at the same time as Zaha. Friends, obviously.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next