VanDeezNuts
McLewis
Art Morte
BarrileteCosmico
sportsczy
42 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Flo Perez:  I had to pass the napkin to Falcao Empty Flo Perez: I had to pass the napkin to Falcao

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:40 pm

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2012/12/11/primera/1355225788_442195.html

For those of you who don't know the story... it was during a gala in Monaco in 2000 that Perez passed a napkin to Zidane with a note "Do you want to play for Madrid?".
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Flo Perez:  I had to pass the napkin to Falcao Empty Re: Flo Perez: I had to pass the napkin to Falcao

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:43 pm

AS says he was joking when he said it? hmm

Benzema - Falcao - Higuain - one will have to go if this happens.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Flo Perez:  I had to pass the napkin to Falcao Empty Re: Flo Perez: I had to pass the napkin to Falcao

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:18 pm

Likelier scenario is that Ronaldo is becoming too high maintenance....
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:24 pm

I don't quite see how Falcao would replace C. Ronaldo, but he is, statistically, on course to have his weakest season for Real Madrid and he isn't getting any younger.. hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:30 pm

Art Morte wrote:I don't quite see how Falcao would replace C. Ronaldo, but he is, statistically, on course to have his weakest season for Real Madrid and he isn't getting any younger.. hmm

Falcao's 26, a year younger than Ronaldo.

Not a huge step down in age, that.

Last edited by McLewis on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Few things:
1- Ronaldo has been crying about redoing his contract for months now and Flo is not really cool with that. He is getting paid £10 Million net a season. More importantly, it is one of the few remaining "Bekham clause" contracts. If Madrid redoes it now, they would have to pay an extra 30% in taxes.
2- Ronaldo relies on pace, Falcao doesn't. Falcao is your typical 9 that makes clever runs in or around the box. The erosion of skills is far more pronounced in pace players.
3- Ronaldo is a very controversial figure in Madrid. He is not universally loved. In fact, he is criticized by many because of his prima dona ways.
4- PSG or City would pay between 150-200 million for Ronaldo. He's at his peak market value.

All speculation. But there is a malaise in Madrid around Mourinho and Ronaldo right now. It could or could not amount to anything. Regardless, i wouldn't trust the Spanish press about it lol. I listen more to the press covering the clubs that are targeting these two AND the Mou/Flo/CR7 direct quotes.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:44 pm

if anyone wants to buy ronaldo for 150-200m, i say let em.

but falcao? idk, if benzema can play the ronaldo role then im all for it, but i think id prefer to have benzema stay up and buy a more traditional winger/left mid/right mid.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:49 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:if anyone wants to buy ronaldo for 150-200m, i say let em.

but falcao? idk, if benzema can play the ronaldo role then im all for it, but i think id prefer to have benzema stay up and buy a more traditional winger/left mid/right mid.

Yeah... i kind of think you can do a lot with that money lol. Not that we need money. But it's more PC to show restraint in a country that is struggling so much.

As far as people playing on the left... Benz can do it. Di Maria does it for Argentina NT and did it before coming to Madrid. Heck, even Ozil could do it and you could stick Modric in the middle.

You never want to see a talent like Ronaldo go. But he's a hard one to fall in love with... as a fan, i wonder how the other young superstars will evolve once they're allowed to spread their wings.

Also, i'd almost kill to keep both Benz and Higuain in Madrid. With Falcao, you can at least envision a 3 man rotation for 2 positions... you can't do that with Ronaldo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:55 pm

Whats this crap about RM wanting Courtois too.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:05 pm

Iker
Carvajal - Pepe - Ramos - Marcelo
Modric - Xabi
Benz - Oezil - Di Maria
Falcao

hmm

Pipita ostracized again :I'mveryunoriginal:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:12 pm

One problem with that BC.... Modric and Alonso has already proven to be a partnership that simply doesn't work.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:18 pm

Falcao replacing Ronaldo is the biggest joke I've heard in a long time. Ronaldo is a far superior player to Falcao, and is still Real Madrid's most marketable player and has indicated his willingness to play his best playing years at Real Madrid.

It would be stupid to replace him with Falcao, who also plays in position that is dissimilar to Ronaldo's. Madrid wants to strengthen it's squad not weaken it.

On the other hand Falcao would be an improvement on Higuain, I can see Higgy moving to PSG or Chelsea when Falcao arrives at Real Madrid.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:26 pm

well buddytaller if the deal went through we would have 100-150m plus falcao if we sold ronaldo and bought falcao.. not a bad idea imo because virtually what is happening if we sell ronaldo is that we are trading ronaldo (1 player) for 4-5 world class players. its a big loss but a big gain at the same time.

personally im not a big fan of ronaldo (his style of play not his ability) and even more i hate the idea that we have a player who is virtually un-substituteable and does not rotate.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:35 pm

Ronaldo has been Real Madrid's most consistent player since he joined more than 3 years ago, he's probably the fittest athlete in football, surely he can play a lot of matches without being substituted.

I love Ronaldo and his style of play, it fits perfectly with the way the current squad is set-up. Madrid's should improve in the CF area, Higgy's influence is waning and Falcao would add a different dimension to the team.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:43 pm

well we are not going to break the bank for a forward when we already have 3 excellent forwards, it just wouldnt make sense.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:45 pm

Higuain would be sold for at least 35 million euros, Falcoa's current buyout is about 50 million euros. Consider the deal as Higuain plus 15 million for Falcao, that is not exactly breaking the bank, is it?
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:45 pm

I don't want Falcao, I'm good with the Big Benz and Higgy :coffee:

Spoiler:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:46 pm

I don't want to shun Higuian just like that.
But it's football and it can happen to any player.

FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:47 pm

Benzema offers more than Falcao.

I think if we were to get Falcao, Higuain would have to be sold. That way we'll still have a creative/all round forward and a forward who's just a finisher.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:48 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:One problem with that BC.... Modric and Alonso has already proven to be a partnership that simply doesn't work.
Which game did they play with that midfield?

Ideally I'd bench Xabi if he weren't untouchable.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:48 pm

so we would buy falcao, sell higuain and keep both benz and falcao happy?

doubtful.

we are already having a hard enough time keeping higuain happy let alone falcao who is scoring goals like its no big deal and getting all the playing time he wants.

its just not realistic

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:56 pm

Flo Perez:  I had to pass the napkin to Falcao 31689296

Swagg wrote:
I wouldn't miss Cristiano one bit if he left..

Flo Perez:  I had to pass the napkin to Falcao 31689675
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:57 pm

I absolutely love the R.Madrid mentality. They have Higuain and Benzema, arguably two of the best strikers right now. Most teams would kill to have these two. But NO, they want Falcao.

I dont think most of you watch Falcao on a regular basis. He is a great player no doubt, but Atleti will be fine without him (given we replace him with someone like Huntelar *who is nearing the end of his contract) Atleti are not 2nd right now because of Falcao, our whole team is playing well, especially our defence.

Also selling Falcao means that we will definitely keep Adrian, so its not too bad. Uncle Flo can try those dirty tricks with Falcao, we will happily sell if you pay the release clause which is around 55 mil pounds, what I heard from Revista.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:02 pm

Also, Real fans continue to think that somehow Benzema will just adapt playing in Ronaldo's position and magically do well. Ronaldo is a freak of a nature, Benzema would just be a victim of the standard set by Ronaldo. Benzema doesnt have the goal scoring instinct, nor the pace to really excel in the role. He will do fine I think (with his excellent game sense) but when have "fine" been good enough for Real.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:07 pm

Sell Ronaldo, buy Falcao. hmm

---------------Iker
Ramos---Pepe---Varane---Marcelo
---------------Xabi
-----Khedira--------Modric
---------------Ozil
--------Falcao-----Benzema

could that win everything? hmm
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next