VanDeezNuts
McLewis
Art Morte
BarrileteCosmico
sportsczy
42 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Flo Perez:  I had to pass the napkin to Falcao - Page 4 Empty Re: Flo Perez: I had to pass the napkin to Falcao

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:21 pm

i really dont understand the 'madrid can only win with ronaldo' mentality. ronaldo is 1 player.. not every team that wins has ronaldo, and ronaldo certainly doesnt guarantee victory.

madrid have had success berfore ronaldo, without ronaldo, and will have success after ronaldo leaves.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Flo Perez:  I had to pass the napkin to Falcao - Page 4 Empty Re: Flo Perez: I had to pass the napkin to Falcao

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:29 pm

Donuts wrote:
Ganso wrote:Ronaldo is only the second best player and the best "winger" in the world because he can score.He adds almost nothing else that dozens of other players can.
Last time I checked scoring is what wins the game and we see how well Benzema and Higgy fail in big matches, like I said, as a Barcelona fan hopefully Madrid do sell Ronaldo it'd be one step down from where they currently stand.

As a Barcelona fan do you watch us play consistently?

It seems like you're trying to say he's irreplaceable. Perhaps from your myopic and parochial perspective he is . To you one player needs to replace him and no player grows as they are afforded the opportunity to do so.

But that's not the reality.

What happened when he left United? Did they immediately descend into pitiful mediocrity?

No.

Players stepped up and replaced him. Perhaps no one player by himself did it..but as a team...and that process of replacing him will be facilitated by the combination of talent and those respective talents willingness to play more of a team game.

Maybe we will be worse off , maybe we'll be better off, no one can say that authoritatively before it actually occurs (which it won't).

But you can carry on with these overused adages and embed the phrases "big game" and "goals win matches " every now and then in your reductionist attempts to overlook the complexity of the game.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:40 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
Donuts wrote:
Ganso wrote:Ronaldo is only the second best player and the best "winger" in the world because he can score.He adds almost nothing else that dozens of other players can.
Last time I checked scoring is what wins the game and we see how well Benzema and Higgy fail in big matches, like I said, as a Barcelona fan hopefully Madrid do sell Ronaldo it'd be one step down from where they currently stand.
What happened when he left United? Did they immediately descend into pitiful mediocrity?
Madrid face Barcelona on a competition where one slip up could finish the league race, Manchester United faced an Arsenal team that was close to mediocre, now that the EPL has more competition United has felt the void of Ronaldo, even Ferguson has said it.
Let me ask you this, if you were to sell Ronaldo who would you buy to replace him?
Certainly buying Falcao would be a laughable replacement for obvious reasons and many here say Neymar as if he is going to produce half the things Ronaldo can, maybe in 3 or so years but currently no.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:45 pm

Donuts wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:
Donuts wrote:
Madrid face Barcelona on a competition where one slip up could finish the league race, Manchester United faced an Arsenal team that was close to mediocre, now that the EPL has more competition United has felt the void of Ronaldo, even Ferguson has said it.
Let me ask you this, if you were to sell Ronaldo who would you buy to replace him? Certainly buying Falcao would be a laughable replacement for obvious reasons.

My view has been thoroughly ridiculed in this thread.

In summary I believe Benzema if given touches, time and the confidence of his teammates will likely become a better player...same with Ozil. The way those two play the game will create more stability ,dynamism and balance to our attack and result in well worked chances rather than individual battles between Ronaldo and Goalkeepers.

Whoever will be on the end of those chances...perhaps Falcao or even Higuain doesn't really matter that much to me personally.

That within itself is probably short sighted and much influenced by my own personal love for the selflessness and artistry of both those players games.

It don't have to be like that.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
Donuts wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:
Let me ask you this, if you were to sell Ronaldo who would you buy to replace him? Certainly buying Falcao would be a laughable replacement for obvious reasons.

My view has been thoroughly ridiculed in this thread.

In summary I believe Benzema if given touches, time and the confidence of his teammates will likely become a better player...same with Ozil. The way those two play the game will create more stability ,dynamism and balance to our attack and result in well worked chances rather than individual battles between Ronaldo and Goalkeepers.

Whoever will be on the end of those chances...perhaps Falcao or even Higuain doesn't really matter that much to me personally.

That within itself is probably short sighted and much influenced by my own personal love for the selflessness and artistry of both those players games.

It don't have to be like that.
..So your saying if you lose Ronaldo you'd put Benz in his spot despite having the cash to buy any player except Messi..?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:03 pm

I would.

But that's because I have more belief in Benz (and Higuain) than anyone, so it's pointless arguing about it.

Real Madrid likely won't.

Also Benz won't necessarily play his spot and he's not going to be a winger...the entire shape and style of the team would change. He will continue centrally, but take up more creative responsibility behind the striker and get to make the diagonal runs he's more comfortable making.

At the very least Falcao will be bought.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:07 pm

If Ronaldo is sold, Madrid will never win La Liga in the near future. Not with this current team of Alonso, Modric, Essien, Khedira.

The only reason madrid can compete is because ronaldo. He might be one player, but that's how bad the madrid team currently is. Ronaldo is all they have.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:41 pm

sportsczy wrote:Sorry, but Benz was "it" for Lyon and they kicked Madrid's arse all over the pitch the 2 years he was "it" there;

Higuain has been "it" for Argentina. In fact, he was more "it" than Messi in WC 2010.

Falcao... i won't even get into it here lol. In the big games, he's pretty much kicked everyone's arse lol.

Ozil is the driving force to Madrid being a consistent side. Here i agree... he's been inconsistent. But with Modric, you could easily push him forward instead of Di Maria and put him where he is most comfortable, the final 1/3.

Also, CR7 was utter crap in big games for Madrid in his first seasons. Flop after flop against Barca and in CL against tough opponents. He only turned that around starting in January 2012. The advantage he had was that he was played no matter what... flop or not. His playing time is never in question. On the other hand, when other players struggle at times, they get yanked.

So don't give me this "it" bs. Ronaldo has been far from "it" until very recently.

first of all cr7 was only crap against barca and not most of our tough cl opponents in his first two seasons or whatever lol, has always been consistent in la liga. benzema for madrid has never been the it player, very inconsistent, same with ozil .. ronaldo hasnt been it until very recently? thats bullcrap, first of all ronaldo has only been at the club for 3 seasons so even the overall period is pretty recent. also apart from the first few flop clasicos he has been pretty crunch in big and small games alike .
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:30 pm

Real Madrid reached 96 points under Pellegrini when Ronaldo was out injured for 3 - 4 months. That was also the first season of Alonso, Kaka and Benzema. In that season they had not even gelled yet. Pepe was also out injured for the whole season. People are narrow-minded and blinded by the media hype if they believe Real Madrid can't compete without Ronaldo. The only reason Ronaldo's absolute goal tally is so high is because he gets at the end of every chance, takes all penalties, takes all freekicks and plays every single minute. He averages 7.2 shots per game. Benzema averages 1.8. Higuain 2.5. Who says that Higuain can't score 30+ goals if he becomes a more central figure and Özil uses his frog eyes to actually spot someone else than Ronaldo? It's not like he didn't do that in the past. Ronaldo is an incredibly overrated player (still the best wide forward around nowadays but overrated if people believe he's some sort of irreplaceable all-time great). He's like a more shiny Gomez who excells in 1 aspect of football and adds nothing else to the game (passing, vision, linkup play, creating space, work rate?!). If we break his numbers down per 90 minutes, he doesn't even stand out with his main strength (goalscoring) ahead of other world class forwards like Falcao or Ibra:

Flo Perez:  I had to pass the napkin to Falcao - Page 4 5344.A5KyFO6CEAA_2D002D00_fF

He just plays a lot more minutes. If Falcao played for Real Madrid without Ronaldo around and the whole flow of the game going through him rather than Ronaldo in a 60+ game season, he would reach the same goal output as Ronaldo if not higher. 0 doubt about that (next season we'll see that anyway). If they also added someone like David Silva as a wide playmaker to replace Ronaldo's position they would become much more unpredictable as a team and Özil's game would also become much better. He would actually be paired with someone who has a footballing brain and who can combine with him:

-----------Falcao--------
Di Maria-----Özil-----Silva

Better than the current RM frontline.

#fact

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:01 pm

Better than the current RM frontline.

#fact

Shut down the lights guys, this guy just dropped the mic, #fact'ed everyone and left the place.

Who needs solid arguments when you have conjecture, subjective opinions and adjectives?
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:35 am

But what's wrong with Ronaldo? Why do we need to sell him?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:46 am

huntsman wrote:If Ronaldo is sold, Madrid will never win La Liga in the near future. Not with this current team of Alonso, Modric, Essien, Khedira.

The only reason madrid can compete is because ronaldo. He might be one player, but that's how bad the madrid team currently is. Ronaldo is all they have.

Agreed
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:10 am

Yeah... Madrid never won anything without Ronaldo. His 1 La Liga and 1 CDR really carry our trophy case lol. In fact, how did we ever win La Liga over Barcelona just 12 months before Ronaldo arrived.

Unbelievable.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:18 am

sportsczy wrote:Yeah... Madrid never won anything without Ronaldo. His 1 La Liga and 1 CDR really carry our trophy case lol. In fact, how did we ever win La Liga over Barcelona just 12 months before Ronaldo arrived.

Unbelievable.

sportsczy pls

That was before Messi's prime and the time of Pep and Pito, The Chosen Ones... doesnt count
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:36 am

It is possible for us to win trophies without Ronaldo, however there's no reason for us to sell him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:39 am

the reason would be he wants to leave, is causing problems in the locker room, and we would be able to get a ridiculous fee for him.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:06 am

Is ronaldo causing problems?
I mean I would love to have Falcao and Ronaldo on one team.

Such goal threats on the front line is orgasmic. But I don't see the reason to just up and sell him because some of us are "bored". He has saved us countless times and his a huge asset for us.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:10 pm

Ronaldo scores Ronaldo scores Ronaldo scores....

Gomez scored about 50 goals last season but everyone knew he isn't their best player. Ribery, Robben and 2-3 more players were better than him and when he isn't playing they score as much and more.

Without Ronaldo we will score as much or maybe more. i have no doubt about that.

and in big games specially against Barca our best players are ozil and Benzema. even though Ronaldo has scored some recently.

You have to look at overall play. not only goals. Ronaldo's overall play is nowhere near 2nd best in the world.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:13 pm

Overall play doesn't really matter for a goalscoring winger. I think Ronaldo's dribbling's improved recently and his passing etc isn't too bad.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Overall play doesn't really matter for a goalscoring winger. I think Ronaldo's dribbling's improved recently and his passing etc isn't too bad.

what? Whaaaaaaaat? have u gone nuts? doesnt fcking matter if he is a "goalscoring" winger ffs, he is a playing in a winger position aka a creative role since our play goes so much through the wings. So his ability to use the ball intelligently greatly impacts our play overall. Not to mention that he is one of the biggest ball hogg out there, he asks for the ball so much, yet he doesnt have the brains to use it the best.

frankly, when you think about it, mourinho must have had a massive brain fart when he picked Di Maria and Cristiano on each side. that's like 1+1 = -3, or dumb to the power 2.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:20 pm

dat brain fart concluded to badass record breakings after breakings in the leaguee = D

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:23 pm

Well Mourinho probably thinks it's working so far with Ronaldo and Di Maria on the wings. We've won 2 trophies. Besides, wingers can have different roles, even if the actual system is based on using the wings.

There's no need to sell Ronaldo imo. I'm sure our next manager will use a different system.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:25 pm

i don't understand this Di Maria criticism. He is usually excellent with Argentina NT and he was great last season. How can he just become the worst player in the team all of a sudden?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:34 pm

Because he's too wasteful. Gives the ball away too much and is too haphazard.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:53 pm

Idiot wrote:dat brain fart concluded to badass record breakings after breakings in the leaguee = D

yeah, best team in like eva, one league one cup in 2 years, and third season betis and the likes wiping the floor with us. Definitely, badass record breaking team in like eva brah
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:54 pm

Yeah fanboys relax Madrid has been around before 2009 I am not sure you know that. Hopefully he is sold to PSG and his fanboys on this forum go with then we might not hear form them again.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next