VanDeezNuts
McLewis
Art Morte
BarrileteCosmico
sportsczy
42 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Flo Perez:  I had to pass the napkin to Falcao - Page 2 Empty Re: Flo Perez: I had to pass the napkin to Falcao

Post by daneq Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:07 pm

Sell Ronaldo, buy Falcao. hmm

---------------Iker
Ramos---Pepe---Varane---Marcelo
---------------Xabi
-----Khedira--------Modric
---------------Ozil
--------Falcao-----Benzema

could that win everything? hmm

daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Flo Perez:  I had to pass the napkin to Falcao - Page 2 Empty Re: Flo Perez: I had to pass the napkin to Falcao

Post by justdoit_ Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:10 pm

Atleti <333333333

Hopefully things work out for all parties involved.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:15 pm

100m for Ronaldo will never happen, not when Madrid consider him as replacable at least
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Flo Perez:  I had to pass the napkin to Falcao - Page 2 31689296

Swagg wrote:
I wouldn't miss Cristiano one bit if he left..

Flo Perez:  I had to pass the napkin to Falcao - Page 2 31689675

I'm not a fan of his tantrums, he kills our flow with his selfishness a lot also.. Benzema probably wouldn't just take over his scoring completely, but I do see him scoring more in addition to others on the team.. We would be more balanced

Benzema would become 'the guy' up front (along with Ozil most likely).. It would only increase his level of play IMO
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:18 pm

StevieRayVaughan wrote:Also, Real fans continue to think that somehow Benzema will just adapt playing in Ronaldo's position and magically do well. Ronaldo is a freak of a nature, Benzema would just be a victim of the standard set by Ronaldo. Benzema doesnt have the goal scoring instinct, nor the pace to really excel in the role. He will do fine I think (with his excellent game sense) but when have "fine" been good enough for Real.

this is all hypothetical of course but what i think some fans are saying concerning this hypothetical set of transfers (ronaldo out falcao + 150m in) is that benzema wouldnt be trying to take ronaldo's 'role' definitely not his goal scoring role anyways (ronaldo's goal scoring tally is alien) but would take a more creative winger's role which some argue he is better at than being a CF.

the goals would then of course come more from falcao instead of a player on the wing. falcao is a proven goal scorer, its not too far fetched to think that madrid would do okay with a more traditional set up.. meaning the majority of the goals coming from the CF not a winger like it is now.

in addition it would allow more rotation since ronaldo doesnt sub ever. im a huge fan of rotation and ive been saying this forever, but i think we suffer when we have a player who is never subs.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:19 pm

I know mate Wink i was just playing Smile
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:54 pm

StevieRayVaughan wrote:I absolutely love the R.Madrid mentality. They have Higuain and Benzema, arguably two of the best strikers right now. Most teams would kill to have these two. But NO, they want Falcao.

I think it's great that the football world has got a club like Real Madrid eco smile

That "only the best is good enough and because 'the best' is hard to define in football, we must try them all out" -attitude. Without being an up-and-coming big club with their rich oil money owners. There's something fascinating about their approach.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:26 pm

Isnt this tapping up or something?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:48 pm

I don't think anyone is saying that CR7 is not a superb player. The issue is that he's a polarizing player in terms of fan support and a monopolizing player in terms of impact on the pitch.

I mean, Madrid has Modric, Ozil, Benzema, Higuain, Di Maria and we're proposing Falcao and probably 2-3 other WC player like maybe Neymar, De Rossi, etc.... and that's just with the 100+ million profit Madrid would make with the sale of Ronaldo and the purchase of Falcao.

With that much creative talent and unselfish talent in Modric, Ozil and Benzema... Higuain and Falcao would absolutely feast. And yes, i'm saying we keep both Benz and Higuain with Falcao because i think we can play a 442 with both Falcao and Higuain and times. Most people forget Higuain was a winger when he joined Madrid.

I personally often wonder how fun the team would be if it actually played like a team. Most clubs take the personality of a superstar like a Ronaldo. Ronaldo's personality is definitely not "team", as great as he is.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:51 pm

It doesn't matter if Benzema replaces the goals, the team will be better with him having more touches because he's a great distributer in the final third. There will be balance and he......along with everyone else will replace the goals together because they'll have an opportunity to.

But I doubt that happens.

I see us buying Falcao and losing both Benzema and Higuain and keeping the same system. Which honestly he fits in because everyone on the team can cross and that's the sole thing in the final third that Benzema can't handle.

People talk about goal-scoring instinct, the guy scores goals, he just doesn't convert crosses...mostly because he doesn't put himself in a position to and even when he does he's terrible at it. Don't mistake lacking 1 aspect of goal scoring as being completely inept at it.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:09 pm

falcao to madrid pipita to psg benz to chelsea torres to atletico

di maria falcao deadly combo

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:14 pm

Ronaldo is a top 2 player world-wide, he is irreplaceable, when he is not on the pitch, we suffer a lot. Aside his incredible ability with and without the ball, when we don't play well he is the one who makes the difference(alongside Ozil) and he inspires the others. He is already a name in football, when you think about football, you think about him.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:14 pm

@ sportsczy

I don't know why any club would pay more for Ronaldo than what Madrid paid for him to Manc United. He is as good as then but 4 years older.

€70m at most what I could see Ronaldo go for next summer.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:31 pm

One of the first times that I've read an opinion on Ronaldo and actually improved my own perspective on him- sounds severely unappreciated.

Some valid points about build up play and his personality.
But can you really argue with his productivity?
And he's more marketable than falcao will ever be

The idea of falcao and benzema up front sounds like it could be some good football though, I won't lie

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:54 pm

Art Morte wrote:@ sportsczy

I don't know why any club would pay more for Ronaldo than what Madrid paid for him to Manc United. He is as good as then but 4 years older.

As good as he was at Man Utd ? He is a way better player... better passer, better teamplayer, higher work-rate, better final product, and he is the best player making runs between the defensive lines in the world no doubt. His football intelligence is way higher too. Just because he isn't as flashy as he was in EPL, doesn't mean he is as good as he was, he is way better.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:00 pm

PSG have made it clear they would offer 150+ mil and the reasons are rational. According to Forbes, Ronaldo's brand creates 11 million in revenue annually (second only to Bekham at 20 million) in 2011. That's direct revenue. We're not even talking about his impact on a club's viewership, overall marketability, etc.

Based on a journalist friend of mine, PSG believe his impact on the club would amortize 200 million between 5-6 years.

Madrid already has an established brand. For PSG, who is building a new brand, the impact is massive.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:02 pm

sportsczy wrote:

PSG have made it clear they would offer 150+ mil and the reasons are rational. According to Forbes, Ronaldo's brand creates 11 million in revenue annually (second only to Bekham at 20 million) in 2011. That's direct revenue. We're not even talking about his impact on a club's viewership, overall marketability, etc.

Based on a journalist friend of mine, PSG believe his impact on the club would amortize 200 million between 5-6 years.

Madrid already has an established brand. For PSG, who is building a new brand, the impact is massive.

And Ronaldo will totally go to France this early in his career..
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:10 pm

Yeah... i mean no way players like Silva, Ibra, Lavezzi, Pastore or Lucas Moura will ever go to France this early in their career.... oh wait hmm
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:28 pm

There's plenty of people that think that Ronaldo has deteriorated since his EPL days, not quite sure the older version is worth more.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:11 am

Swagg wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Flo Perez:  I had to pass the napkin to Falcao - Page 2 31689296

Swagg wrote:
I wouldn't miss Cristiano one bit if he left..

Flo Perez:  I had to pass the napkin to Falcao - Page 2 31689675

I'm not a fan of his tantrums, he kills our flow with his selfishness a lot also.. Benzema probably wouldn't just take over his scoring completely, but I do see him scoring more in addition to others on the team.. We would be more balanced

Benzema would become 'the guy' up front (along with Ozil most likely).. It would only increase his level of play IMO

did not read,,, worst points ever
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:14 am

apparently top2 player of the world isn't good nuff for madrid.. smh
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:23 am

The Franchise wrote:Isnt this tapping up or something?

It's not Barca so no, it's not tapping up.

Come on Dani you know better than that.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:32 am

Tapping Up? No such idiom in Florentino's dictionary Cool
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:47 am

It's fascinating that some seem to be arguing that Real Madrid can't succeed without Ronaldo's goals... Real did pretty well in the past without CR7. I think they'll be fine when he leaves.

In fact, some teams can actually perform better once they don't feel that a single player has to produce everything for them. This can be especially true for a team like Madrid, whose second XI could compete in many leagues.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:02 am

The problem I see with many Real fan's arguments is that they think the team would be better without Ronaldo, more touches for the rest of the team etc. But what you forget is when it really matters in big games, you only have one player who consistently delivers. Sure the likes of Ozil and Benzema will chip in here and there, but Ronaldo is that fear factor. When he has the ball, there are always two players who are drawn to him. This in turn really frees up players like Ozil and Benz who can shine. When it mattered last season, Ronaldo stepped up against Atleti (a hard fought game), Bayern (even though he missed a penalty), Barca. The three most important games I thought of last season. You cant replace that.

Benzema is not consistent enough, he is the type of player who in 3 games, he will be amazing in one, good in other, and shit in the last. Extremely unpredictable. No doubt an amazing player though.

Selling Ronaldo you will lose the "it" factor. Falcao doesnt have it, Ozil doesnt, neither does Di Maria or Benz. So when it matters and you team is underperforming, no one is going to score from those long shots, or freekicks, or make a good run and score a header.

Also, I think Benzema plays better as a striker, not as a Winger. He needs to be closer to goal rather than be away from it.

I would also love for a Higuain/Falcao swap, obviously given we get 20/25mil euros on top of it.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:04 am

Le Samourai wrote:Tapping Up? No such idiom in Florentino's dictionary Cool

According to Revista, Real and Atleti have a gentleman's agreement not to touch our player. We didnt sell them Aguero (who also had a release clause) so I doubt we will give them Falcao.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next