McAgger
RedOranje
Art Morte
Helmer
Red Alert
36 posters

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 5 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by McAgger Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:02 am

The thing with the Hunter is that he wants to try himself in a prestigious club for one last time as he knows he's reaching the twilight years of his career. That's why he is not willing to extend his contract with Schalke. I think he wants to stay at Schalke until the summer because they are in a good position in CL, but Schalke don't want to lose him on a bosman in the summer so they will cash in unless he extends. His time with Madrid and Milan weren't the best and he still feels he can prove himself in a prestigious club. His preferred destination is England because he's played in Spain, Italy, Germany, and Netherlands already. And he also wants to move to a team that will be able to give him game time. That rules out City, United, and to an extent Chelsea. He's very good friends with Luis so the media have us at the top of his list.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 5 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by donttreadonred Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:04 pm

I am in total agreement with Red on this topic.

The disagreement here stems from the "ideal " set-up and positional roles. If Rodgers wants to play with a false9, then we couldn't ask for a better man than Suarez. He's got all of the qualities you want in a false9. He distributes, he scores, he comes deep and dribbles at defenders, etc. The squad just doesn't have the scorers to come from the outside positions to make the optimize the production of a false9 system. Borini is the type of forward that could make a false9 work. He has pace, has demonstrated finishing ability (at Roma), has good positional sense, and even gets on the end of some "sloppy" goals. (Unfortunately he's injured ad has yet to become truly comfortable). Sterling has the potential to be awesome in this role. However, he's still immature in some situations. Scoring simply is not his forte yet... yet. In this situation someone like Walcott or Mertens. (BTW we have been linked with him. Unfortunately, I can't find a better source right now than Metro.)

Conversely, if we are looking to get the creativity from the wings and play with a true striker, then Huntelaar makes perfect sense. We would move Suarez to the wings and play through the outside. Until Rodges's recent comments regarding the false9 system, I thought this might be a possibility. However, I'm now waning on that belief. I think we're looking to build a squad around Suarez as a CF with scoring wide-forwards. This makes Huntelaar an unlikely option.

With this in mind, my ideal signing would be Iker Muniain. With Suarez allowing him to get forward and run in behind defenders, Muniain could be deadly. The problems are, of course, the price tag and his willingness to leave Bilbao. Mertens is a far more realistic option. Maybe we could swap Cole for Dimitri Payet...
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:28 am

Rumors are Spurs are interested in Carroll. hmm The agreement with West Ham is for £17m, so they'll have to pay more than that to entice us.

Do you think it would be a good idea to strengthen our direct rivals for CL?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:39 am

What about Shane Long? He's homegrown and this season hes pretty much carried WBA who are sitting in 5th atm, not to mention hed be cheap and hes homegrown
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:17 am

No thank you, no more British/Irish players for us. We've had enough with the Downings, Cole's, Carroll's, Adam's. I hear Chelsea needs a striker as well.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:23 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:No thank you, no more British/Irish players for us. We've had enough with the Downings, Cole's, Carroll's, Adam's. I hear Chelsea needs a striker as well.

yep, the good you sold us were damaged.....serverly damaged, but the chelsea board arent smart enough to make a conservative purchase, afterall, the mroe you spend the better the player you get..........right?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:48 am

fatman123 wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:No thank you, no more British/Irish players for us. We've had enough with the Downings, Cole's, Carroll's, Adam's. I hear Chelsea needs a striker as well.

yep, the good you sold us were damaged.....serverly damaged, but the chelsea board arent smart enough to make a conservative purchase, afterall, the mroe you spend the better the player you get..........right?
Just wait and see how Falcao works out...

As for Shane Long, he's not a bad striker, but he's certainly not what we need. If we're getting a CF, we need someone technically excellent and willing to harass defenders and run in behind. If we're looking for wide forwards... well, the targeted qualities aren't really too much different. Long doesn't really fit the mold.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:08 am

Well on the topic of Falcao, Sturidge will be available on a free transfer at the end of the season :facepalm:

Last edited by fatman123 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:10 am

Borini-----------Suarez--------------Sturridge
Gerrard--Lucas--Allen

hmm
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:17 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:

Thanks for the explanation. ^^

Wouldn't personally bring Shane Long but he's not that bad of a player - he's okay. He's a lot like Fletcher in my opinion. He does very well for a mid-table club but I don't feel he (or Fletcher) can go on to perform onto the same level playing for a "bigger" club. C

Regarding Sturridge, as I mentioned earlier... if we can't find anybody else I'd bring him in. He definitely wouldn't be on the top of my transfer list though. He's very selfish but he can score goals and every forward needs to be selfish in a way - he just takes it overboard imo.

Don't agree with this at all. I don't mind who we sign in terms of their nationality or where they are from. It's about signing the right man. Downing, Cole, Carroll, Adam were most definitely won't. But it's a bad stereotype to say we shouldn't touch another British player because of bad signings from Commolli.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:42 am

There are only a few British players that are technique-wise good enough to play our style of football (i.e. Allen, Wilshere, Rooney). Majority of British players are lacking in technique and that is a proven fact. I'm not saying the British are bad players but our system requires certain skills that only the best Brits have (whom we can't attract for various reasons).
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:53 am

It's nothing to do with the lack of technique.

It's the way they're managed.

Look at Leon Britton and Joe Allen for example. They were nothing before Rodgers was there. Rodgers then implemented a "foreign" tactic and they started to shine.

Now I'm not saying every British player is going to shine under a more 'continental' style of play but disaagree with the whole generalization that majority of British players cannot adapt.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:05 am

Well obviously lack of technique isn't due to genes or anything like that. The British players just haven't been taught the global style of play as they were growing. It's really difficult to change someone's game when their whole life they've been the taught to play direct aggressive football.

Sure if we can sign the likes of Wilshere, etc, atc. then bring them in I have nothing against it. But otherwise keep the rest of the scrubs away from Liverpool until the youth setups in Britain change their style and groom players to accommodate today's game.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:00 am

That is true but if Rodgers does feel he can change someones style and help him adjust to the club then why not bring him in. There is no way we shouldn't sign a player purely because he's British.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by HOXTYGEN Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:53 pm

will like any striker so far he has no english affiliation
HOXTYGEN
HOXTYGEN
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:36 am

Completely agree Hoxty Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:43 pm

Come on... No British (carefully chosen word) players at all?

I agree that we've overspent on mediocre British players in the past. However, need I remind you that Sterling, Allen, Wisdom, Kelly, Johnson and Gerrard are all British ad techically gifted? How about Wilshere, Walcott, Sturridge, Rooney, Kyle Walker, Leighton Baines? There are players of technical quality from all areas. What brings it out is the style they are asked to play. I grant that a player from elsewhere might be able to fit in quicker, but we should not exclude a player from consideration based on his nationality. That's simply ignorant to the point of being asinine.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:56 pm

donttreadonred wrote:Come on... No British (carefully chosen word) players at all?

I agree that we've overspent on mediocre British players in the past. However, need I remind you that Sterling, Allen, Wisdom, Kelly, Johnson and Gerrard are all British ad techically gifted? How about Wilshere, Walcott, Sturridge, Rooney, Kyle Walker, Leighton Baines? There are players of technical quality from all areas. What brings it out is the style they are asked to play. I grant that a player from elsewhere might be able to fit in quicker, but we should not exclude a player from consideration based on his nationality. That's simply ignorant to the point of being asinine.

To be fair he said striker.

If you confine it to realistic options you're limited to Sturridge and Walcott and I can understand why these two wouldn't seem like the most endearing options.

Nevertheless I love Theo as a player so I'm not completely opposed to getting a British forward..
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:41 pm

donttreadonred wrote:Come on... No British (carefully chosen word) players at all?

Just read my two previous posts before that. I already had this argument with ynwa and a billion times with other people and quite frankly it's getting old.

Here they are:

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:There are only a few British players that are technique-wise good enough to play our style of football (i.e. Allen, Wilshere, Rooney). Majority of British players are lacking in technique and that is a proven fact. I'm not saying the British are bad players but our system requires certain skills that only the best Brits have (whom we can't attract for various reasons).

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
Sure if we can sign the likes of Wilshere, etc, atc. then bring them in I have nothing against it. But otherwise keep the rest of the scrubs away from Liverpool until the youth setups in Britain change their style and groom players to accommodate today's game.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:04 pm

Liverpool are in talks over Edinson Cavani - Agent confirms

Edinson Cavani's agent Claudio Annellucci confirm Liverpool are talking with the 25 year old striker.

''There's been alot of interest the past 6 months, and we just want to do whats best for him. Liverpool and Arsenal are the first clubs Cavani have agreed to open talks with.''

''It's no secret Edin (Cavani) want's to play in England, it is one of his biggest dreams.

Claudio on Cavani being linked with City and Chelsea:

''I know him personally and how he deals with the situation, succes and glory has nothing to do with the club he plays for. He plays football because that's what he loves to do. Big money and succes is no attraction for him'' - Cavani's agent Claudio Annellucci in a interview with El Telegrafo."

drinking

People SHOOT let the discussions begin!!! For me Suarez might be 'the' FACTOR!!!!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:22 pm

The origins appear to be Facebook, there's no evidence of any paper actually reporting this.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:11 pm

Even if it were true, I don't think we would have the money to buy Cavani for crazy inflated price De Laurentiis would ask for.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:37 am

There's no way we'll get Cavani.

I think Suarez will continue to be played as the focal point in our attack - the "fake 9" position he's been playing since Rodgers was in charge.

I can see us going for a couple of vertsaile goal threat signings that can play out wide (ala Mertens) that can interchange with Suarez when he goes out wide.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:29 pm

Jeffrén, 24, is a Barcelona academy graduate who joined Sporting in 2011 but has failed to settle in Portugal, making only one League start this season.

Reports suggest Liverpool are interested in a loan in January with a view to a permanent deal.

“Yes, Liverpool and other Premier League clubs have been watching the player, they are very aware of Jeffren”, agent Jorge Llagostera told Portuguese radio station Antena 1.

Another Suarez drinking

Another doing the rounds on papers & every possible outlet is Sturridge but the quoted price is simply STUPID scratch

Discuss . . . . . (btw people i am just the messenger hope you won't jump on me Razz )
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:20 pm

I'm not expecting much business in January. Wouldn't be surprised if there was none. If there are any incoming transfers it's going to be a forward of sorts, but not a big-money signing (15m+). Personally I'd prefer Carroll recalled, but I know it won't happen and haven't got any names on my wishlish. Just taking it as it comes. When January comes.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Sounds like agent talk to me, Fahim.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next