McAgger
RedOranje
Art Morte
Helmer
Red Alert
36 posters

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 14 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by Art Morte Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:52 pm

I wonder how the Cole thing could happen, because QPR - or any other club for that matter - are not going to offer him the wages he is on. We know Harry likes to talk. The only way I can see it happening is if we let him go for free - which wouldn't be bad because we got him for free - but pay him some compensation (which would probably be around £1-2 million...) so that he would accept lower wages at QPR.

But even if the move materialises, I'd be surprised if there was any financial benefit in it for us.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 14 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by mr-r34 Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:07 pm

Ship him off for free, who cares, give him 1 million, saves us alot of BS.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:52 pm

Joe Cole:
He needs to go, even if we have to pay off part of his contract. His wages and general ineffectiveness are holding the squad back. (He's had glimpses of quality this season, but certainly not enough to warrant his wages.) I genuinely hope QPR can sign him and give him a big role to play (would be interesting to see how that affects Taraabt, as he is trying to single handedly carry that team atm).

Sneijder:
The more I think about it, the less I like any potential deal here. He CAN be a world-class CAM, but try to think of the last time he truly looked like a world beater. Granted, I don't get to watch as much Serie A as I would like, but it's been a while since I've seen him used to full effect. His price might be a relative bargain, but his wages would not be. We might simply be trading one bad situation for another. To me, this seems a much riskier proposition than on first impression.

As an addendum, I REALLY REALLY REALLY want us to go after Eriksen in the summer. I think he has all the qualities we want in a #10, and he is of the necessary quality we need to get back to where we want to be. He could also be a staple of the squad for a long time to come if he makes the move. If we can't get him, my second choice would be Belhanda. In any case, that's a discussion for another thread and another window.

Coates:
I'll be very disappointed if we let him go permanently. He seems to have so much potential, and I would really like to see him get more games in Europe/Cups. I would be okay with a loan move for more experience, because I think he's caught in an awkward situation right now. He's simply not good enough to usurp Agger or Skrtel. In addition, he's not significantly better than Carra physically, and he's well behind him tactically. This means that he's been unable to deny Carra the occasional run-out in Europe/Cups which are often no more than adding appearances to Carra's legacy. Both players still need to be paired with one of our first-choice CB's: Carragher because he needs someone who can cover for him when he is physically unable to get back, and Coates because he needs someone tactically aware and physically able enough to cover when he makes errors.

Ba & Villa:
These rumors are why I was asking how we (as a community) felt about signing an out-and-out striker. I am personally not convinced we will, as I'm not convinced any of the likely signings are better than Suarez at the CF position. While Ba's fee is a bargain, his knees are a significant concern, his wages are higher than I think we would want, and his agents create an undesirable atmosphere (see: media circus) around the player. I believe the Villa deal is dead, if it was ever really likely. A loan move would've been a great move, but a permanent deal would likely price us out of the running in this window.

Gameiro:
Gameiro is the one option that might prove me wrong... A loan with option to buy in the summer could be a great deal for the club. He is a very good striker, and given the opportunity, he might just be able to prove his worth to the LFC supporters and get himself back in the picture for the French National team. When I think of Gameiro, I think of a higher-quality Shane Long or Danny Grahm type of player: hard working, runs-in behind, involved in the build-up, positionally sound, and can finish chances in the air or at his feet. He would certainly offer a very different proposition to Suarez at the CF role. He's very much an out-and-out striker, but might just be able to play off of and benefit from Suarez's movement. The only question would be if it is worth removing Suarez from the middle in order for Gameiro to get a game... hmm
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:01 pm

Sneijder has been shite for 2 years he would be a massive gamble.... and would he want to join anyway?

I highly doubt you would move Suarez out of his position to fit Ba or Gamiero at least from my understanding.

I would have thought someone like Ince or someone in that mould and style would be what your looking at.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:36 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Sneijder has been shite for 2 years he would be a massive gamble.... and would he want to join anyway?

I highly doubt you would move Suarez out of his position to fit Ba or Gamiero at least from my understanding.

I would have thought someone like Ince or someone in that mould and style would be what your looking at.
Agree about Suarez, at least for this season. I personally like the goals-by-committee approach in playing Suarez in the false9-ish role, and playing wide strikers on either side of him. That way you can allow him to drift wide as he naturally does, and the wide-forward simply fills the space in the center. This is why I'm excited for Sturridge... he fits the requirements to a T.

The thing is Rodgers has stated that he's sees Suarez as a scoring wide-forward (or even a #10/SS) in the future. That's what has really started the debate. As you should know Mole, there is nothing sexier to the Tabloids than a long, drawn-out transfer saga involving a traditional #9. Once Rodgers made the comment, we were going to be linked with any available striker (i.e. Di Santo).
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:41 pm

donttreadonred wrote: As you should know Mole, there is nothing sexier to the Tabloids than a long, drawn-out transfer saga involving a traditional #9.

Laughing only too well.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:44 pm

Where did this "Coates sold" talk come from all of a sudden? He has hardly had his chances in the first team yet, why would we be selling him now? Unless he's seriously unhappy in England. He's a young Uruguay international, I can't see why we'd look to sell him. Some stupid rumour to me, this.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:30 pm

For Mole:
The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 14 Choppa_475

Art Morte wrote:Where did this "Coates sold" talk come from all of a sudden? He has hardly had his chances in the first team yet, why would we be selling him now? Unless he's seriously unhappy in England. He's a young Uruguay international, I can't see why we'd look to sell him. Some stupid rumour to me, this.
Mainly twitter sources that I've seen. So it is very much RUMOR/SPECULATION. I think it's come about from his lack of game time and us looking at potential loan moves. (snowball effect journalism)
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:36 pm

We need:

- Decent centerback to replace Martin Skrtel
- Decent leftback to replace Jose Enrique
- Good central midfielder to replace Steven Gerrard
- Good winger
- Keep Sebastian Coates
- Get rid of dead wood
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:45 pm

Haha, I guess we must still be a big club since we attract our very own trolls eco smile
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:29 pm

- Decent centerback to replace Martin Skrtel - Disagree
- Decent leftback to replace Jose Enrique - Disagree
- Good central midfielder to replace Steven Gerrard - Disagree
- Good winger - Agree
- Keep Sebastian Coates - Agree
- Get rid of dead wood- Agree
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:40 pm

Nishank wrote:- Decent centerback to replace Martin Skrtel - Disagree
- Good winger - Agree

I think that Martin Skrtel has been relatively average and at some points below-average for most of this season. I believe that with competition, he will either step up or step off.

Jose Enrique was a disappointing transfer. He had promise but it fizzled out.

Steven Gerrard needs to be phased out of the squad. The fact that Steven Gerrard is still such a vital component to our squad even with his diminishing abilities says something about the quality of our current midfield.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:20 pm

Steven Gerrard - Top 5 in the PL in assists, key passes, total crosses and total passes. He has scored or assisted in each of the last 5 games.

Yes, certainly diminished and definitely needs to be sold.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:43 pm

peerIess wrote:
Nishank wrote:- Decent centerback to replace Martin Skrtel - Disagree
- Good winger - Agree

I think that Martin Skrtel has been relatively average and at some points below-average for most of this season. I believe that with competition, he will either step up or step off.

Steven Gerrard needs to be phased out of the squad. The fact that Steven Gerrard is still such a vital component to our squad even with his diminishing abilities says something about the quality of our current midfield.

Its too early to talk about Enrique, On form he is the best defensive LB in the league. He does hold the ball a bit too often, Yes but both his defensive and offensive attributes as well the work-rate is WC.

Skrtel is a very good player, Yes some defensive lapses have been there, But i remember him pulling us through whenever Agger was injured. It'll be foolish to experiment with a new CB at this point in the season, Also consider the fact we aint getting any big/proven names considering the state we are in, Id rather have Skrtel rather then some new/English CB in Feb.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:53 pm

We'd be crazy to to break up the Agger-Skrtel partnership. They've had lapses in concentration at points during the season (especially Martin) but trust when I say this, we will not find a better CB than him simply because there are not many who are better than him that play outside of top clubs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:58 pm

peerIess wrote:

He only looked bad while playing injured, and has been one of our best and most consistent players this season. We need a LB to back him up considering Flanno and Robinson haven't gotten any time under Rodgers and he keeps getting hurt, but LB isn't a starting spot that needs to be worried about anytime soon.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:08 pm

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/liverpool-complete-sturridge-signing

OFFICIAL
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:14 pm

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 14 284904_10151461917932573_602567908_n
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:31 pm

Sturridge to discover his Bolton form with us cheers
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:35 pm

RedOranje wrote:Steven Gerrard - Top 5 in the PL in assists, key passes, total crosses and total passes. He has scored or assisted in each of the last 5 games.

Yes, certainly diminished and definitely needs to be sold.

Give any semi-decent player the amount of influence and political power that Steven Gerrard has at Liverpool Football Club and they would have similar numbers. Anyways, by those statistics you could say that Steven Gerrard has been better than Santiago Cazorla has been for Arsenal Football Club this season, granted that Santiago Cazorla plays higher up the pitch than Steven Gerrard. Is that true? Of course not.

And please do not distort my posts. I did not say that Steven Gerrard should be sold, but we should attempt to phase him out and replace him with a younger breed of player.

stevieg8 wrote:He only looked bad while playing injured, and has been one of our best and most consistent players this season. We need a LB to back him up considering Flanno and Robinson haven't gotten any time under Rodgers and he keeps getting hurt, but LB isn't a starting spot that needs to be worried about anytime soon.

I disagree, if I must say. The only "best and consistent" player this season for Liverpool Football Club has been Luis Suarez. Even when he did not get on the scoresheet, he is always a vital player in our line-up. The other players who I think have been decent this year are Glen Johnson, Joseph Allen, and Daniel Agger.

Art Morte wrote:Sturridge to discover his Bolton form with us cheers

To hope that his transfer would be justified based on something he did 3 seasons ago yet failed to replicate is a bit worrying.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:59 pm

peerIess wrote:Once we get rid of Steven Gerrard and Jonjo Shelvey, we can progress from hero-football to quick, technical, creative football that Brendan Rodgers employed at Swansea City Football Club.

Certainly doesn't sound like you want him gone there, does it? Rolling Eyes

Only one of a number of instances where you've talked about us "being rid" of Gerrard... NOT saying "when he's a squad member" or that, but of him being gone. And before you mention the comment on not renewing his contract, are you really willing to attempt to suggest we should let him go for nowt but that you aren't advocating selling him for cash? Because we both know any such claim is absolute bullshit.

You've labelled him a cancer (along with others, including one you previously praised) and there is no middle ground once you've made such a disgusting (and frankly offensive) claim.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:24 pm

RedOranje wrote:
peerIess wrote:Once we get rid of Steven Gerrard and Jonjo Shelvey, we can progress from hero-football to quick, technical, creative football that Brendan Rodgers employed at Swansea City Football Club.

Only one of a number of instances where you've talked about us "being rid" of Gerrard... NOT saying "when he's a squad member" or that, but of him being gone. And before you mention the comment on not renewing his contract, are you really willing to attempt to suggest we should let him go for nowt but that you aren't advocating selling him for cash? Because we both know any such claim is absolute bullshit.

You've labelled him a cancer (along with others, including one you previously praised) and there is no middle ground once you've made such a disgusting (and frankly offensive) claim.

I'm sorry, I would've assumed common sense would have kicked in at some point. There is obviously a difference between "getting rid of" Steven Gerrard and someone like Jonjo Shelvey.

Steven Gerrard is a club legend, and with our current ownership I extremely doubt we would ever sell him, like Jamie Carragher. If we were under the dictatorship of say Roman Abramovich, I would expect him to be sold. I have posted many times regarding Steven Gerrard being phased out of Liverpool Football Club simply due to the massive reliance on him. He is a decent player, but for someone with that political influence at the club he needs to be performing better.

In my opinion, if he resigns, he will have to take a pay cut to show his cut of abilities. Same as Jamie Carragher - he needs to get the f**k out of Liverpool Football Club because he is dragging the club down with his wages and him playing ahead of the more talented Sebastian Coates.

Yes, he is a cancer to the team. He's a selfish player that is attempting to play way above his own ability. What irks me the most is his political power at the club. Some people think he is simply entitled to a starting position, and that he is worthy of having such a free role in the midfield. The only player that is "worthy" and "deserving" of having a free role in our squad is the great Luis Suarez, who is by far the most valuable player in the Barclays Premier League.

I apologize if I have offended you, though.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:29 pm

peerIess wrote:
RedOranje wrote:

I'm sorry, I would've assumed common sense would have kicked in at some point. There is obviously a difference between "getting rid of" Steven Gerrard and someone like Jonjo Shelvey.

Steven Gerrard is a club legend, and with our current ownership I extremely doubt we would ever sell him, like Jamie Carragher. If we were under the dictatorship of say Roman Abramovich, I would expect him to be sold. I have posted many times regarding Steven Gerrard being phased out of Liverpool Football Club simply due to the massive reliance on him. He is a decent player, but for someone with that political influence at the club he needs to be performing better.

In my opinion, if he resigns, he will have to take a pay cut to show his cut of abilities. Same as Jamie Carragher - he needs to get the f**k out of Liverpool Football Club because he is dragging the club down with his wages and him playing ahead of the more talented Sebastian Coates.

Yes, he is a cancer to the team. He's a selfish player that is attempting to play way above his own ability. What irks me the most is his political power at the club. Some people think he is simply entitled to a starting position, and that he is worthy of having such a free role in the midfield. The only player that is "worthy" and "deserving" of having a free role in our squad is the great Luis Suarez, who is by far the most valuable player in the Barclays Premier League.

You referencing common sense is classic Laughing

Top form.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:36 pm

peerIess wrote:
RedOranje wrote:

While your apologies to Red is admirable, you still would potentially offend him by how you describe Steven Gerrard. Why?

Reason he gets paid so much is not only for his record service to the club but how vital he really is for the club as a whole. His presence alone on and off the pitch as well as his obvious leadership is invaluable, whether to the youngsters or seniors. You must understand he IS the voice of Liverpool as since we aren't within Melwood, we cannot fully understand the extent of his leadership and how important it really is. Sure the club is full of leaders like Carra, Suarez, Agger, Pepe and Lucas. Yet, no one aside from Kenny Dalglish knows Liverpool, its structure, its philosophy and literally its pure existence than Gerrard himself.

Not only that, but 5 goals and 8 assists is fantastic from such a deep player. Yes he has had his bad moments of dis balancing the system, giving away balls in the midfield leading to goals. Yet NO ONE within our team can stamp such authority, control and vision as of yet as Gerrard has done. Not a single player. This just isn't his vocal marshalling of the players but his play itself and how his lung busting role just keeps us flowing, more decisive, making us look more dangerous. Have you seen his stats for key Passes? Chances created? Have you even seen him in his new free role for us? Been the best player in the past 2-3 games for us.

Not only that, but he has been doing it in a position which is far from his best, and quite frankly, he has become a revelation. Its no surprise he took a while adjusting to a system in which he wasn't used to or in favour of. But the fact that he has taken our games by the balls after so much criticism makes him worth every single pence of the wages he is paid.

I don't mistake you for a troll like the others as I find it harsh. But you need to stop being so critical without definite reason and to the icons we hold so dear.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:14 am

well said Arq :bow: Summed up everything I wanted to say in a level headed manner.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:42 am

Ian Ayre: We will continue to strengthen (the squad) throughout January.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next