McAgger
RedOranje
Art Morte
Helmer
Red Alert
36 posters

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by donttreadonred Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:11 pm

Fahim89 wrote:Some high profile names being linked. . . .

Loic Remy & Christian Eriksen according to Sunday Times.

The Drogba rumors are still solid rumors Razz
As stated in my post here a little while back, I think Remy would be the perfect striker to "lead the line" with Rodgers. He has pace, skill on the ball, and he knows where the goal is. He is even quite capable of scoring with his head (to satisfy those proponents of a "Plan B".

However, if we're going after strikers in the mold of Remy, we should really be looking at Aubameyang. The kid has pace to burn, an eye for goal, decent aerial threat, and very nice skill on the ball. He's also still relatively low-profile, which I think will be a big boost to us. He wouldn't command the high price likely for Remy. Moreover, we really don't need another protracted, high-profile transfer saga. Offer Saint Ettienne the money, sign the man, and let's all be home in time for tea, sans drama... (If only it were truly that simple.

donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by Red Alert Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:21 am

Doubt we'll be in for Drogba. It would be funny to watch Suarez and Drogba week in week out on the same pitch though. ha

I personally wouldn't bring in Eriksen myself. We have other priorities (which is bringing in a goalscorer) and our midfield is quite stuffed. He's a great player with a lot of potential but I wouldn't splash the bank for him.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:29 pm

completely agree with above posts about drogba...Drogba might be forced to fit in BR system, but short term solution of Drogba, will not be good because who knows it might affect the money we will spend in Jan for our preferred target...plus unfortunately if he gets injured it might backfire
instead I will prefer giving chances to players like yesil, ngoo and morgan for the all the matches till we buy someone else in January...

speaking about Jan target, after reading about remy in this thread I have alsó tried reading about him, I also think he will be a good choice because of his pace, ability in air and can create his own chance by himself...scoring 20 goals in 42 games when Marseille did not have such a great season last year, 13 winless games in the second half!!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:42 pm

Who do you think will be sacrificed if we buy a new striker.

Suarez on the right/left wing?
Cut out a center midfielder?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:09 pm

Why do people go on about Demba Ba's knee issues like it's a fact he has issues Laughing

He has hardly missed a game since joining us for anything much less being a "ticking time bomb".

Anyway Ba is very egotistical and will want to be a central striker and that would mean Suarez moved out wide would you want that?

Also you was linked with Cisse today with the report citing lack of playing opportunities rofl

He was benched for one game Laughing not to mention you can buy Ba for 7m and Cisse will cost what ever we deem necessary.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:20 pm

Ba is egotistical Laughing

How can someone with such a cherubic smiles who recites nostalgic stories about the origin of his love for syrup be egotistical?

No one is stopping Pardew from benching him or selling him. He stopped playing him on the wing because that was a massive failure.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:34 pm

Yh 7 wins in a row was such a huge failure Laughing

Why you think we play 4-3-3 in Europe when Ba is rested and 4-4-2 in the league when he's back?

Since Ba started moaning about playing on the left he hasn't played there since Pardew has admitted that he doesn't like playing there and he promised he would play centrally in the summer to get him to stay.

He's far from the angelic figure he portrays himself as...... also in that 7m get out clause there's another clause that 3.5m of the 7m goes straight to him.

Also he can't really drop him when he's scoring all the goals atm but in the process he is restricting our best players and making us play like crap.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:15 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:JoJo is an up and coming young forward, He's only 22, and doesnt really play for a team with CL ambitions so i really do see us being able to snatch in the summer. One thing with him is that he will be expensive at 24m but the owners have said that money wouldnt be an issue if the player is worth it.

He is an established player like Red said and Viola will soon attach a massive buyout clause somewhere in the region of €40-€50m which would enable only sides City or PSG to activate it.Also i dont think you'll be able to buy him without qualifying for CL.

Also nothing's going to happen to Napoli in regards to the match fixing enquiry ,the worst that could happen to them is being docked points and that is hardly going bother Cavani this year..Cavani will leave probably next summer it looks like and he recently signed a new contract with a €55m buyout clause which is way too expensive for you.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:52 pm

Surag wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:JoJo is an up and coming young forward, He's only 22, and doesnt really play for a team with CL ambitions so i really do see us being able to snatch in the summer. One thing with him is that he will be expensive at 24m but the owners have said that money wouldnt be an issue if the player is worth it.

He is an established player like Red said and Viola will soon attach a massive buyout clause somewhere in the region of €40-€50m which would enable only sides City or PSG to activate it.Also i dont think you'll be able to buy him without qualifying for CL.

Also nothing's going to happen to Napoli in regards to the match fixing enquiry ,the worst that could happen to them is being docked points and that is hardly going bother Cavani this year..Cavani will leave probably next summer it looks like and he recently signed a new contract with a €55m buyout clause which is way too expensive for you.

We know we can't afford Cavani. That's why we don't even discuss it Very Happy . As for JoJo, I think around €30m should suffice and that's something we can afford. So far it's only a personal wish to see him at Anfield, we haven't been linked to these guys in any way, shape, or form.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:28 pm

donttreadonred wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:Some high profile names being linked. . . .

Loic Remy & Christian Eriksen according to Sunday Times.

The Drogba rumors are still solid rumors Razz
As stated in my post here a little while back, I think Remy would be the perfect striker to "lead the line" with Rodgers. He has pace, skill on the ball, and he knows where the goal is. He is even quite capable of scoring with his head (to satisfy those proponents of a "Plan B".

However, if we're going after strikers in the mold of Remy, we should really be looking at Aubameyang. The kid has pace to burn, an eye for goal, decent aerial threat, and very nice skill on the ball. He's also still relatively low-profile, which I think will be a big boost to us. He wouldn't command the high price likely for Remy. Moreover, we really don't need another protracted, high-profile transfer saga. Offer Saint Ettienne the money, sign the man, and let's all be home in time for tea, sans drama... (If only it were truly that simple.

Loic Remy would be a fantastic signing for Liverpool if you guys are in need of a CF, and it seems you are. A very well rounded forward, would fit right in with Liverpool IMO.

Just 2 weeks ago by the way, not sure of the credibility however:

Loic Remy may be way forward for Liverpool
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:42 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Why do people go on about Demba Ba's knee issues like it's a fact he has issues Laughing

He has hardly missed a game since joining us for anything much less being a "ticking time bomb".

Anyway Ba is very egotistical and will want to be a central striker and that would mean Suarez moved out wide would you want that?

Also you was linked with Cisse today with the report citing lack of playing opportunities rofl

He was benched for one game Laughing not to mention you can buy Ba for 7m and Cisse will cost what ever we deem necessary.

Because we've had a bit of a history with players that seem to be fit suddenly having relapses/freak incidents with their injury problems after signing for us. We're (or at least I'm) not suggesting he's a "ticking time bomb" injury-wise, I'm just playing up out previous poor luck.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:27 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Why do people go on about Demba Ba's knee issues like it's a fact he has issues Laughing

We all talk about in here how we would rather see Suarez played on the wing cutting in, because it gives him more space to work with and lets him avoid the big CBs that can bully him off the ball. Rodgers doesn't do it because he wants to have Suarez run the attack and get as many touches as possible, but a CF wouldn't disrupt the team that badly. Look at the list above, there are many CFs that we're discussing and have on our wishlist.

Secondly, talking about Newcastle's record to defend one player's performance is a non sequitur, as you very well know. Not having watched many of Newcastle's games while Ba was on the wing, I can't comment on it myself - but I do distinctly remember you complaining for the entire second half of last season about how Ba had been ineffective after he was moved for the sake of Cisse. If you want I can find you posts. The point is that Newcastle could most certainly have won 7 games in a row while having one player in a run of poor form. The argument was fallacious.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:18 pm

Rumours, but just rumours Razz
PSV Eindoven striker Dries Mertens (age 25) linked with liverpool.
He is also a type of player who can fit in BR system, not only he scores some terrific goals but h is creative too Smile

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:36 pm

stevieg8 wrote:

We all talk about in here how we would rather see Suarez played on the wing cutting in, because it gives him more space to work with and lets him avoid the big CBs that can bully him off the ball. Rodgers doesn't do it because he wants to have Suarez run the attack and get as many touches as possible, but a CF wouldn't disrupt the team that badly. Look at the list above, there are many CFs that we're discussing and have on our wishlist.

Secondly, talking about Newcastle's record to defend one player's performance is a non sequitur, as you very well know. Not having watched many of Newcastle's games while Ba was on the wing, I can't comment on it myself - but I do distinctly remember you complaining for the entire second half of last season about how Ba had been ineffective after he was moved for the sake of Cisse. If you want I can find you posts. The point is that Newcastle could most certainly have won 7 games in a row while having one player in a run of poor form. The argument was fallacious.

Ba was poor in front of goal but his all round play was arguably better.

Also i was never complaining about the ineffectiveness Ba i was complaining about going back to 4-4-2 to get him a goal when it was obvious 4-3-3 suited the team as a whole.

It allowed us to play 3 in the middle, push Cabaye and Ben Arfa forward while having a perfect balance with Tiote and Jonas in a pivot and Cisse the freedom of the front line.

It was perfect for the team even if it wasn't for Ba and it's not like he didn't get chances to score he just missed them.

I'd love us to go back to that tbh as despite Ba scoring atm the rest of the team is unbalanced and restricted and quite frankly it's like watching shit on a pavement go hard atm.

Anyway i'll leave that now and you can go back to your transfer rumors Razz
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:50 pm

Good you can leave, we don't want Ba anyways :coffee: We've got magnificent Stewie Downing and resilient Joe Cole.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:00 pm

Take it with a grain of salt, guys, but there's a user (who has been confirmed by the mods) on the subreddit /LiverpoolFC who is a former youth player at the club. He's answered quite a few questions while remaining anonymous; apparently he got an injury and retired from playing, but is still around the game a lot and knows people working at LFC still.

He says that Walcott is at the top of Rodgers' wish list, and that everyone he knows around the club is of the opinion that the signing will either happen or BR will be rebuffed trying VERY hard. Apparently Cole, Enrique and Downing will all look to be sold, with Cole very much so heading up that list. Again, seeing as how he's an "anonymous source," feel free to take it however you want, but from what I've seen he's been pretty well confirmed in the past.

Thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/12ht8o/coinciding_with_reports_my_friends_at_the_club/
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:37 pm

If any of that is true then it's FANTASTIC news.

We all want to get rid of Downing and Cole. I rather play with 10 men than have these guys playing at all. As for Enrique, I'm very much indifferent. Couldn't give two f*cks if he's sold and vice-versa, he's been so average after that great start for us that I have no attachments to him and we would do well to sign a better LB.

And Theo hasn't signed a contract extension with Arsenal, so he would be around 10m, which is very cheap for his quality. I would love him at Anfield but not for anything more than that.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:14 pm

I just don't know who would take Joe Cole with his wages. If he's willing to take a big cut, then sure, but...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:22 pm

He f*cking contract ends in summer 2014 Mad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:38 am

Walcott and Hunterlaar rumours sparking up more and more... even after Rodgers' press conference where he's said Theo is an Arsenal player and denied speculaton.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:42 am

I don't understand why we'd sell Enrique.

He was overplayed last year and was fatigued come the end of the season resulting in a bad slate of form. He's picked up an injury in pre-season and is currently getting back into the team.

Robbo isn't ready and Glen is a lot more effective on the right. Don't really want us to sign another LB either (even if he is sold) as we do need players in the final third to help support Suarez.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:45 am

Pooi whatever money we sell Enrique for we can use it to sign another LB. It shouldn't really be a problem of money. I'm sure BR has scouted multiple LBs already and they could even be cheaper than Jose.

Huntelaar is WC finisher. We could do younger but if he comes cheap than I wouldn't mind really.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:20 am

It's not about the money though. It'd be a waste of time looking for another player when it's not needed. We need to go out and find an attacker and focus on the games in January. There are more priorities than finding a LB. We can't spend too much times looking for potential targets as the season is still on. If Enrique is to be sold, it should be done in the summer.

I'm not too sure why Enrique is single handedly at fault his performances from the second half of the last season. EVERYBODY in the squad was below par and Enrique was getting tired due to him not being rotated and playing nearly every game when available last year. I mean, last year people on this forum and people from other clubs regarded him as arguably the best LB in the league.

__
I'm personally sitting on the fence with Huntelaar. Whilst he has a great game to goal ratio, I do feel he is abit over rated by people on this forum.* Granted the forum has probably seen more than I have, I don't feel Hunterlaar can play as a "link up forward" that Rodgers wants from his forward. He does get into great positions and he's movement is good, but I'd much rather someone that would suit Rodgers playing style and be able to score. Feel free to educate me if you've seen him play and he can be able to adapt to a passing type forward but from what I've seen (it's only 4-5 games; not a good way to judge a player) he doesn't seem like one to me.

*I am not saying he is a bad player - he is very good.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:35 am

His real value is around £15-20m, but with his contract is running out in the summer, Schalke will have to let him go in Jan for a very cheap price, I'm thinking £8-10m. Which we should jump for if presented with an opportunity. Heck for £8m he could chill out on the bench and I wouldn't give 2 f*cks.

Charlie Adam and Jose Enrique cost us £7m each ffs. Don't tell me you wouldn't take the Hunter for around that price even if all he does is sell shirts. Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:37 am

Same with Walcott by the way. Contract issues so we could possibly get him for less than £10m and be happy with it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:45 am

Less than £10m but on 120k or something of the like.

Cole was a freebie too, remember.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum