McAgger
RedOranje
Art Morte
Helmer
Red Alert
36 posters

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by RedOranje Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:45 am

Less than £10m but on 120k or something of the like.

Cole was a freebie too, remember.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:42 am

I thought it was 90k for Walcott, I was thinking of dumping Cole's wages on someone and getting Walcott. Dang 120k is way too much for just speed and no end product. Laughing Forget Walcott
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:17 pm

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/boss-we-ll-have-january-funds

Brendan Rodgers is confident Liverpool will be in a position to bolster their squad when the January transfer window opens.
west brom

The boss is in regular dialogue with the Reds owners and insists the club will have the funds required to strengthen the ranks.

Rodgers told a pre-Newcastle press conference: "We'll have funds. I'm in talks with the owners at the moment along with our recruitment team. We know we need to reinforce the group, so that's something that is ongoing.

"The priority is to get players into the building. Our squad is very small, very thin on the ground, and the players have performed admirably up until now.

"They have been terrific in their mentality considering the games they've been playing.

"At this moment in time, it really is about reinforcing the group rather than looking too much at people going the other way."

Journalists asked Rodgers about the future of Joe Cole after the No.10 had been linked with a move away from Anfield in the New Year.

"I've have good communication with Joe and we speak regularly," said the manager. "He along with the other players are working hard to find their way into the team. Joe is like everyone else."
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:23 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the term we have funds means around 10-15 for a forward, considering we would accept 0 for cole, he adds nothing, downing can go for 3-5mil. Prob 20 mil for two forwards, if Enrique isn't sold. 10 mil on theo(worth the cheap fee), and 10 mil on a diamond in the rough i assume.

People have been saying theo might come cause his always wanted to play Cf, but i cant see him getting the nod over suarez, and id rather not shift him to the wings, although if he could create the same amount of chances on the wing and just give it someone else to finish i wouldn't mind. If theo is happy to play a wide forward role then great i'd welcome him, but if he starts to whinge about not playing a cf role, i'd rather not go there.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:37 am

Cole out on a free still saves us 5 million pounds a year meaning we save 10 million until his contract ends. That's huge.

Downing could sell for 10 to 15 million imo. As much as he flopped and we won't make the 20 million transfer fee back, Downing is an English international. He's also 'PL proven' and can do well at a mid-table club. The only question is who needs him...

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I thought it was 90k for Walcott, I was thinking of dumping Cole's wages on someone and getting Walcott. Dang 120k is way too much for just speed and no end product. Laughing Forget Walcott

Whilst I do agree 120k a week for him is absurd (he only deserves around 70-80k imo) this ' he has no end product' is a myth. And whilst he does possess a lot of pace on him, he does have tactical awareness and does make smart runs.

You can't play the amount of games Walcott has for Arsenal, consistently getting into the top four with no end product. I'm certain he got both double digits for assists and goals last season. No one from Liverpool did that.

Red, have you seen much of Hunterlaar? Would he fit here?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:43 am

*OFF RAWK*

Transfermarkt.co.uk.

Players contract expiring.

BPL
Theo Walcott
Daniel Sturridge
Ashley Cole
Kolo Toure
Andrey Arshavin
Brede Hangeland
Fabio (Manc LB)
Chris Brunt
Rio Ferdinand
Frank Lampard
Florent Malouda
Maynor Figueroa
Mladen Petric
Carlton Cole
Antolin Alcaraz
Richard Dunne
Winston Reid
Fraizer Campbell
Franco Di Santo

There are many more for the Prem.

Bundesliga

Klaas Jan Huntelaar, S04
Lewis Holtby, S04
Mike Hanke, BMG.

Ligue 1

Nene, PSG
M Sissoko, Toulousse
Yanga-Mbiwa, Montp.

Serie A

Juan Vargas, Genoa

Eredivisie:

Douglas, FC Twente
Sulejmani, Ajax

La Liga:

Llorente, Bilbao
Tello, Barca.

At the end of the season Liverpool have the following out of contract or returning to loanee club

Sahin
Carragher
Wilson, D.
Wisdom, A.
Doni
Sterling

****THE PLAYERS IN RED ARE THOSE THAT I'D BE INTERESTED IN OR LOOK AT****
I'd personally only go for Sturridge if we can't find anyone else. We NEED a striker in January.

Back to transfer news:
LiverpoolScout ‏@LiverpoolScout
[Bild] Schalke's Lewis Holtby has told Bild in an interview that he would not rule out a move to LFC, despite his Dad's support for Everton.

Not sure how reliable the mirror is, but:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-ready-to-launch-cut-price-6m-1415162

(Hunterlaar)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:06 am

£6m Shocked If Schalke accept that amount then it would be an absolute steal. Someone of his quality for just £6m is definitely worth it, even if he's 29.

Keep in mind that even if Hunter loses his pace when he gets older, his game isn't built completely around that, so the affects will be minimal.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:38 pm

I think Walcott's overrated.

Liverpool need foreign technical players.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:52 pm

Man at this point even Walcott would improve us.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:44 pm

As I saw today's match and matches before, also after hearing BR interview today...I guess we must buy two type of players in Jan:
1. we need either a defensive midfielder (someone like Lucas), so that Gerrard can play up front OR a midfielder who likes to play though the middle and scores goals when defenders are busy with likes of sterling, suarez
2. off course a central forward or a wide forward

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:38 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:As I saw today's match and matches before, also after hearing BR interview today...I guess we must buy two type of players in Jan:
1. we need either a defensive midfielder (someone like Lucas), so that Gerrard can play up front OR a midfielder who likes to play though the middle and scores goals when defenders are busy with likes of sterling, suarez
Pretty Much this
Every game i see liverpool play and its basically the same - there arent enough players getting forward and into scoring positions.
plenty of crosses into the box, but not much presence to make a real threat
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:46 pm

Kamikaze692 wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:As I saw today's match and matches before, also after hearing BR interview today...I guess we must buy two type of players in Jan:
Pretty Much this
Every game i see liverpool play and its basically the same - there arent enough players getting forward and into scoring positions.
plenty of crosses into the box, but not much presence to make a real threat

This is last year. We don't cross nearly as much this year, and I think the problem is less about people being forward and more about not taking chances. I think with another scorer up front (and therefore more time for Sterling and Suso to develop) and with Assaidi getting starts in the league, that will start to decline.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:55 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:£6m Shocked If Schalke accept that amount then it would be an absolute steal. Someone of his quality for just £6m is definitely worth it, even if he's 29.

Keep in mind that even if Hunter loses his pace when he gets older, his game isn't built completely around that, so the affects will be minimal.

It's just a rumour. There are no doubts that Schalke would also accept the first initial bid.

Still waiting for red to tell me if he can adapt to Rodgers system. Mad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:13 am

I don't personally see a place for Huntelaar in Rodgers' system. BR has begun to refer to Suarez as "our Messi" and a false 9 with increasing regularity and, given his current goal scoring form, I cannot see Rodgers moving Suarez wide to accommodate another striker, especially one such as Huntelaar.

The likes of Soldado, Hernandez and the like could potentially fit into our system while still being predominantly about scoring goals because they use their speed and movement a lot and are willing to move away from goal at times. Huntelaar is neither quick nor the type to do hard running off-the-ball to open space for others with any regularity. This is not to say he won't do so from time to time, but not, IMO, enough to fit into the style of play Rodgers is looking to bring about at LFC.

Note: I am NOT saying Huntelaar is anything other than a great striker, nor am I suggesting that he could not potentially be a success with us and add goals (if he's signed). I am simply stating that I don't see him as a realistic target for Rodgers as he doesn't, in my personal opinion, fit the profile of a forward Rodgers would be looking for, especially to displace Suarez at the head of the attack.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:38 am

Thanks for the insight. I personally wasn't sure if he'd fit it or not as I've only seen him 4-5 times for Schalke. I'm certain I mentioned that somewhere. And seeing as you've probably seen him a lot for the Netherlands, wanted your opinion.

Rodgers has stated that he's looking for a forward. Really hoping it's someone in the mould of Mertens and Jovetic but there does look like there's genuine interest in Hunterlaar with the reports in Germany. Would be interesting to see if we do get him on the cheap. He did have a good relationship with Suarez at Ajax. Let's just hope he provides the goods if he does sign. Very Happy
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:41 am

The Hunter isn't my first choice either but with the price that's being reported it'll be an absolute steal. Decent wages and under 10m is golden for the Hunter.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:11 am

As I said, I think he could certainly add goals for us and I'm by no means writing off a chance of him being a rousing success if we do sign him. At this moment in time though I simply don't see a real place for him in our XI or in Rodgers plans past the second half of this season.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:27 am

^ really

if Hunter comes then Suarez will go to Suso's place but instead of playing wide like Suso, he'll come in very closer to the CF which will be Huntelaar.

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:32 am

I just don't see that happening with Suarez's current goal return and Rodgers comments about his success in the false 9 role, as Brendan sees it. I think a wide forward such as Walcott or Mertens (not necessarily one of those two specifically though) is a much more likely target for January.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:37 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:The Hunter isn't my first choice either but with the price that's being reported it'll be an absolute steal. Decent wages and under 10m is golden for the Hunter.

How much is decent wages?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:41 am

Schweini wrote:^ really

if Hunter comes then Suarez will go to Suso's place but instead of playing wide like Suso, he'll come in very closer to the CF which will be Huntelaar.

I would personally be happy with that.

The forum knows my opinions about where I feel Suarez is best played (on the right hand side for those that don't) but would Rodgers want to change the current system? He's already showed that if people don't fit into the system they're redundant to him. > See Andy Carroll and/or Charlie Adam. And the target(s?) that looked official before he was stated as manager. (Diame, Ramirez?)

@ Red: Have we been linked to Mertens at all? I know members on GoalLegacy rate him (I rate him too, classy player), but I'm yet to see a credible link to him as of yet.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:44 am

I know of no reports linking us with Mertens. It was simply one of the first names that came to mind (probably because he's been mentioned in this thread).

I think my views on Suarez's best role are well known (hint: it's not CF) but then I'm not the manager of LFC at the moment. The wage package wasn't good enough.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:52 am

Didn't know you were approached as manager. Razz

What was the wage package you were offered, if you don't mind me asking? :coffee:

To be honest, regarding KJH I'm happy we're linked to a well known player, one of the better players in his trade (poacher-type), but I don't want to get too excited as I don't know if he wants to sign for us. I am aware he wants to play in England, but is he not playing for a CL club? Also, why does he not want to negotiate with Schalke? Does it involve money?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:54 am

I am not at liberty to release that information at this time. Professional courtesy and all. Wink
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:01 am

Just consider me as a potential agent for you.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:02 am

The thing with the Hunter is that he wants to try himself in a prestigious club for one last time as he knows he's reaching the twilight years of his career. That's why he is not willing to extend his contract with Schalke. I think he wants to stay at Schalke until the summer because they are in a good position in CL, but Schalke don't want to lose him on a bosman in the summer so they will cash in unless he extends. His time with Madrid and Milan weren't the best and he still feels he can prove himself in a prestigious club. His preferred destination is England because he's played in Spain, Italy, Germany, and Netherlands already. And he also wants to move to a team that will be able to give him game time. That rules out City, United, and to an extent Chelsea. He's very good friends with Luis so the media have us at the top of his list.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next