Die Borussen
the xcx
julias
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Germany 4 -4 Sweden - Page 2 Empty Re: Germany 4 -4 Sweden

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:57 pm

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:didn't get to see this match, but looks like Badstuber is being carved out as the main culprit..

how was Schmelzer today? he's looked kinda shaky whenever i've seen him play for Germany

Schmelzer didn't play, he picked up a knock in the Ireland match and was replaced by Lahm ,and Boateng took Lahms spot at RB. Both were excellent for 60 minutes, until all of the German team collapsed. Outside this forum I haven't really heard anyone blame Badstuber in particular, and I don't even see why you would, even if in a knee-jerky mood, Badstuber only got beaten for one of those goals, Mertesacker got beaten twice, yet no noise about that.

Besides, I've always said slow defenders like Badstuber (and Mertesacker, for that matter) are going to look bad if the midfield lets attackers run at them with full speed, which is what happened nonstop after the 60 minute mark.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:00 am

VivaStPauli wrote:
Be/\/ceCALI wrote:didn't get to see this match, but looks like Badstuber is being carved out as the main culprit..

how was Schmelzer today? he's looked kinda shaky whenever i've seen him play for Germany

Schmelzer didn't play, he picked up a knock in the Ireland match and was replaced by Lahm ,and Boateng took Lahms spot at RB. Both were excellent for 60 minutes, until all of the German team collapsed. Outside this forum I haven't really heard anyone blame Badstuber in particular, and I don't even see why you would, even if in a knee-jerky mood, Badstuber only got beaten for one of those goals, Mertesacker got beaten twice, yet no noise about that.

Besides, I've always said slow defenders like Badstuber (and Mertesacker, for that matter) are going to look bad if the midfield lets attackers run at them with full speed, which is what happened nonstop after the 60 minute mark.

Please don't believe anything Viva says.

Here this is outside this forum, as a matter of fact it's a Bayern forum and you would expect them to defend Badstuber but everyone all agreed that Badstuber was the worst player and should not be starting for Germany and Bayern.

Here is the link, see for yourself, rather than just trust a goal.com comment reader.

http://www.bayernzone.com/german-football/2896-germany-v-sweden-13.html
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:01 am

Did anyone watch this game in full? WTF were the germans doing when they went up 4-0? I would really like to know.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:03 am

The Messiah wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:

Please don't believe anything Viva says.

Here this is outside this forum, as a matter of fact it's a Bayern forum and you would expect them to defend Badstuber but everyone all agreed that Badstuber was the worst player and should not be starting for Germany and Bayern.

Here is the link, see for yourself, rather than just trust a goal.com comment reader.

http://www.bayernzone.com/german-football/2896-germany-v-sweden-13.html

Edit: I will like to add that you should also watch the highlight and you can reach a conclusion yourself, I watched the match and I agree with everyone that badstuber is not good enough.

WATCH THE HIGHLIGHT AND BE YOUR OWN JUDGE
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:08 am

_LMG_10_ wrote:Did anyone watch this game in full? WTF were the germans doing when they went up 4-0? I would really like to know.

Basically they played perfectly for 60 minutes, and I'm not even overstating that here. Sweden didn't concede 4 because they played badly, the way Germany made those goals happen was basically unstoppable. After 60 minutes and being 4-0 up, the Germans apparently thought that it was all dusted and done, the 3 points in the bag, and started to relax.

Then Zlatan pulled one back, and I think this didn't change too much, it was a perfect cross right on Ibras head, and he took that header perfectly, against Neuers movement (and technically it shouldn't have happened because Müller was fouled, but that's beside the point); the real kicker was the 2nd goal. It happened right after, because of a lapse in concentration in defence and basically luck/Neuer having bad luck.
Bounced into goal between his legs. Happens.

But both those goals happened within like 2 minutes, and that really shook up the Germans. After that it was just lack of character and confidence. All of the Germans started to play shaky, misplaced their passes, lost their one on ones, missed with their tackles etc etc, and the Swedes got to run against the German defence non-stop, if shit like this happens, slow defenders like Merte and Stubsi always look bad.

It's not like they played well, they sucked as much as the 9 other guys in the final 30 minutes, but it's not like they were any worse than the rest of their team. Not a single German kept it together, even Klose and Schweinsteiger misplaced their passes.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:14 am

VivaStPauli wrote:
_LMG_10_ wrote:Did anyone watch this game in full? WTF were the germans doing when they went up 4-0? I would really like to know.

Basically they played perfectly for 60 minutes, and I'm not even overstating that here. Sweden didn't concede 4 because they played badly, the way Germany made those goals happen was basically unstoppable. After 60 minutes and being 4-0 up, the Germans apparently thought that it was all dusted and done, the 3 points in the bag, and started to relax.

Then Zlatan pulled one back, and I think this didn't change too much, it was a perfect cross right on Ibras head, and he took that header perfectly, against Neuers movement (and technically it shouldn't have happened because Müller was fouled, but that's beside the point); the real kicker was the 2nd goal. It happened right after, because of a lapse in concentration in defence and basically luck/Neuer having bad luck.
Bounced into goal between his legs. Happens.

But both those goals happened within like 2 minutes, and that really shook up the Germans. After that it was just lack of character and confidence. All of the Germans started to play shaky, misplaced their passes, lost their one on ones, missed with their tackles etc etc, and the Swedes got to run against the German defence non-stop, if shit like this happens, slow defenders like Merte and Stubsi always look bad.

It's not like they played well, they sucked as much as the 9 other guys in the final 30 minutes, but it's not like they were any worse than the rest of their team. Not a single German kept it together, even Klose and Schweinsteiger misplaced their passes.

Thanks for the recap.
The german reaction after the 4-2 goal must have been the same as when Lampard's goal crossed the line in the world cup. I distinctly remember the Germans were so shaken up after that (bar Neuer), and they didn't look good for stretches of the game after that incident.
It's funny because this is so uncharacteristic of the stereotypical german attitude - where they're always calm and never jump to conclusions.

Perhaps the new crop of german talent needs some of that old school mentality infused into them from some veteran players.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:18 am

you're usually on the spot viva but that's bs. that everyone was bad in the last 30 mins is true, but badstuber can easily be identified as the king of badness today. absolutely catastrophic and he did fail in 3 of the goals.

even the most conservative media is ripping him apart for it and so are other forums. no need to protect "stubsi" at all costs
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:21 am

also i don't see the point in saying "well badstuber is slow, but that's just how it is" - well it is a freakin problem then! to make up for that he's gotta be amazing at other stuff like headers (...nope) or composure (...nah).
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:24 am

Maybe I'm being too soft on Badstuber and he was especially bad, maybe he was even flop of the match after that, but it's not like he made that loss happen. Everyone in the team was so bad, I just don't think it matters that much who sucked the worst. Badstuber in a German team with good morale is too good to pass up on. And from the German team I saw in the last 30 minutes, I don't want a single player - they were all incredibly awful.

I don't even want to defend Badstuber that much, I just don't see the point in singling him out as the shittiest player in a shit team.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:25 am

Toffer Harley wrote:also i don't see the point in saying "well badstuber is slow, but that's just how it is" - well it is a freakin problem then! to make up for that he's gotta be amazing at other stuff like headers (...nope) or composure (...nah).

Mertesacker is slow as well.
And Badstuber has, usually, an extremely good success rate for his tackles, great opening passes, and good positioning, while Mertesacker has almost perfect positioning, and a decent aerial game.

Playing those two together was always going to be risky, but that's just one of the many things that annoy me about Löw.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:26 am

Toffer Harley wrote:also i don't see the point in saying "well badstuber is slow, but that's just how it is" - well it is a freakin problem then! to make up for that he's gotta be amazing at other stuff like headers (...nope) or composure (...nah).

That's exactly what I thought, it's like saying oh Van Buyten is slow, but isn't being that what makes him a bad CB.

He also said something about Badstuber only make mistake when Midfielders open up space, but isn't that what CB are for, to stop attackers when midfielders lapse.

I respect Viva a lot as a poster, most of the time he make sense and I like reading his post because just like me he's amazily humorous, creative and funny.

But no one is perfect and his assessment on Badstuber has prove to be his greatest weakness on this forum, otherwise he's amazing
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:15 am

Germany were up 3-0 and looked comfortable.

How'd it end up 4-4. Shocked

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:14 am

Thanks for all that insight and info, Germany fans. Thumbs up
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:05 am

This performance isn't that from Badstuber, considering other terrible performance such as the one against Fc Koln.

After this match, his mentor Van Gaal abandoned him and started playing Breno when fit or Tymo as CB. Van Gaal criticised him bitterly and from what I heard he came to tears, earlier Van Gaal had said as long as he's Bayern coach Badstuber will always start because of his passing ability but since after the Koln match he dropped him and since then I lost all faith in Badstuber as a CB, along with many countless terrible display. If Van Gaal tried something and it doesn't work, just know if other manager tries it, it won't work. Just like Kroos-Schweini, also if Van Gaal tries something and it works, then it set a precedence for other managers to follow, say like converting Schweini to DM and Alaba to Left-back. Van Gaal is one of the best manager that I know, his man management, stubbornness and of course not caring about defence proved to be his biggest weakness.

With him on board, our defence lack understanding, it's difficult to form partnership with him he lacks too many attribute to compensate any defender, he put immense pressure on team-mate, having to cover his weakness.

His only strength come in passing ability and who needs a passing CB, when we already have to many good passer all round, from Alaba to Lahm, even Neuer is a good passer and of course Boateng passing are ok and Dante too.

Last edited by The Messiah on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:12 am; edited 2 times in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:08 am

Germany 4 -4 Sweden - Page 2 Uarqj
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:08 am

Germany 4 -4 Sweden - Page 2 Uarqj

Sweden's prime minister next to Merkel. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:09 pm

I've been saying this since before the Euro... Germany have massive defensive problems. It's not a talent issue either. Low makes strange personnel choices and, let's face it, he is completely inept tactically when it comes to defense.

Lahm has definitely slowed quite a bit btw.

I don't see Germany winning anything unless Low leaves or changes himself.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:37 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Then Zlatan pulled one back, and I think this didn't change too much, it was a perfect cross right on Ibras head, and he took that header perfectly, against Neuers movement (and technically it shouldn't have happened because Müller was fouled, but that's beside the point)

I have to disagree with this, in the slow motion reply you could see Kallstrom got the ball when he made that tackle. he then got up really quickly to make that cross. Muller was too slow i would say
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:41 pm

Also after the game Neuer went up to Merte to ask wtf happened Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:42 pm

jiopsi wrote:Germany 4 -4 Sweden - Page 2 Uarqj

Sweden's prime minister next to Merkel. Laughing

Merkel just going with the flow and laughing, but she's cringing inside. Twisted Evil
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:47 pm

Reinfieldt said after the game that Merkel trolled him when Ozil scored and said that she hoped we would get a consolation goal. Well he got the last laugh eh??
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:54 pm

jiopsi wrote:Germany 4 -4 Sweden - Page 2 Uarqj
rofl

Germany and Jogi have lost it, they are not the team they were two years ago.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:02 pm

What a ridiculous game.
How can you dominate like that and then lose the game, i've never seen anything like that.
I mean, Sweden didnt even have a shot on goal before the 1-4.

We wont win anything with a team like that, eventhough the quality is there. But who knows, maybe the'll learn from that experience.
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:09 pm

We need a vote of no confidence against our councellor, btw, Merkel was f*cking smiling at the equalizer. I can stomach a lot of political maneuvering, but if you're our chief of government, you get the f*ck mad at Germany not winning at the football, FFS.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:15 pm

she was amused at Reinfeldts reaction viva, he said it in an interview

And besides this was only a qualifier, Germany are still first although they have played one more game than sweden
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:27 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:We need a vote of no confidence against our councellor, btw, Merkel was f*cking smiling at the equalizer. I can stomach a lot of political maneuvering, but if you're our chief of government, you get the f*ck mad at Germany not winning at the football, FFS.

Did someone hack into Viva's account for the past 2 days.

Kingofeverythingclassy/BestInTheWorld is that you...?
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next