Valkyrja
Toffer Harley
EL Patron
la bestia negra
Babun
23 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Germany 4:4 Sweden - German Defense Problems Empty Germany 4:4 Sweden - German Defense Problems

Post by Babun Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:41 pm

My criticism towards BAD-stuber was always questioned. Anyone who watched the game tonight would tell that he is responsible for 3 goals conceded by Germany and caused countless near scoring situations the entire game. RWO or whoever, watch the game again. I mad Mad
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Germany 4:4 Sweden - German Defense Problems Empty Re: Germany 4:4 Sweden - German Defense Problems

Post by la bestia negra Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:43 pm

he was shat i admit

still 22-23 years old bro give it some time
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Germany 4:4 Sweden - German Defense Problems Empty Re: Germany 4:4 Sweden - German Defense Problems

Post by EL Patron Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:50 pm

He is just not good enough, he is lucky to be playing for Germany and Munich. Germany has some real problems in central defense
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:52 pm

la bestia negra wrote:he was shat i admit

still 22-23 years old bro give it some time
Time to learn how to bloody tackle or win an aerial duel? Those are basic skills for a defender. Time helps with overall positioning but not with those skills. He is 23 and doesn't know the basics of defending= fail Mad

Last edited by Babun on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:52 pm

"better than hummels"
Laughing

shocking, just shocking...
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:54 pm

Howedes-Hummels should be their starting centre-backs, with Lahm and Schmelzer on the flanks.

Neuer
Lahm Hummels Howedes Schmelzer
Khedira Gundogan
Reus Ozil Gotze
Schurrle
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:55 pm

hummels already has to play cauz he is one of the few people who have character
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:59 pm

Anyway, handsdown to the best GK in the world. Neuer :bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:02 pm

Absolute horror show.

I don't want to criticise him, but think about this.

I always over-rate all Bayern players here, there must be a genuine reason why I never really rated Badstuber, I was deceived yet again.

From today henceforth I stick with my former opinion about him, absolute garbage defender, he should be with the waste.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:08 pm

3 goals? Not going to defend his performance but at least get the facts right. The 3rd and fourth were up to Merte ballwatching and getting elbowed on the eye and Neuer shouldn't have been beaten for the 2nd.

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:11 pm

Yea, Badstuber was really bad today. I dont think he should be starting anymore. Germany should play this:

--Neuer--
--Boateng/Howedes-- --Mertesacker/Howedes-- --Hummels-- --Lahm--
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:11 pm

Yea, Badstuber was really bad today. I dont think he should be starting anymore. Germany should play this:

--Neuer--
--Boateng/Howedes-- --Mertesacker/Howedes-- --Hummels-- --Lahm--
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:14 pm

Lol, entire team collapses, 11 players play like shit, nothing but failed passes, nobody wins a 1on1, Mertesacker gets owned twice, and you choose Badstuber to wail on?

Why? ^^
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:15 pm

Lets be honest, Loew isn't that much of a smart manager, he just have at his disposal really good young players but simply doesn't know how to use them.#

I'm trying to be honest as much as I can, not going to be biased.

Schweini/Khedira/Bender are indispensable for Germany, you can't play Kroos-Schweini, it's stupid to do that. Van Gaal the great tactician tried it and it failed, from there henceforth I knew if any manager try it, it'll also fail miserably.

How they heck do you even play Mert and Badstuber together, 2 of the slowest CB on the planaet, one is just older and the other younger, otherwise they are equally slow but Mert is much better in other ways.

Best defensive formation for Germany, as it was in youth days.

----------------Neuer-------------
Howedes--Boateng--Hummel--Lahm
----------Schweini--Khedira--------

or

------------------Adler-------------------
Lahm--- mertesacker--Hummels--Schmelzer
---------Bender--------Kroos-------------
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:37 pm

The only thing I agree with, is that it's risky to play two slow CBs; besides that, everything is pretty much bull.

11 players sucked here, not just the defence, and not just Badstuber.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:45 pm

And Loew keeps starting him Rolling Eyes
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:45 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:The only thing I agree with, is that it's risky to play two slow CBs; besides that, everything is pretty much bull.

11 players sucked here, not just the defence, and not just Badstuber.

Give it up man, let it go.

I am not even German, I don't really care about the German National team but because the team have so much Bayern player I developed interest for them. ok let's be honest, I like German style of football, you know, the German Machines, (that's what my Dad used to call them when I was kid), never die attitude, but where is all that now..?

If France or Spain were to have so many Bayern players, I will probably be supporting them as well, my interest is for Bayern players and I admit in as much as I want all Bayern players to succeed nationally, Badstuber is simply not good enough on international level.

Look at all the thing he has cost Germany, Krasic, Balotelli etc

I don't mean to be disrespectful and I am sorry if I come across as a disrespectful poster but with Badstuber as Germany undisputed starter, I doubt if they can win any major trophy, it will be extremely difficult.

But oh well, I believe in Miracle and I hope for the sake of Bayern he improve many attribute that a defender should have, because frankly, I feel even his positioing which most people rate is also very poor, along with many other attributes.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:47 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Lol, entire team collapses, 11 players play like shit, nothing but failed passes, nobody wins a 1on1, Mertesacker gets owned twice, and you choose Badstuber to wail on?

Why? ^^

Mertesacker was Germany's best in the back line and held his own vs Sweden's most potent threat while Badstuber was repeatedly being destroyed by Ibra. Merte makes up for his lack of pace with his reading and intelligence while Badstuber only shows his "flashes" and hints of his game reading potential. Yet, none of that was seen today.

I don't like all this scathing criticism towards Holger but he does deserve a large portion of the blame as from most of what I saw he really looked out of his depth at times.

I'm sure he'll bounce back though. The man is a earnest professional.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:58 pm

How did Mertesacker get on with Naldo at Werder? Was it a good partnership? Or is Naldo as slow as Per?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:09 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Stubsi is a lock for both Bayern and Germany first choice CB, and that's unlikely to change. The kid just doesn't make mistakes. Yes, sometimes he gets outpaced, but that's not a mistake, that just happens to a player type like him sometimes. His positioning is immaculate, his passing is worthig of a #10, it's just such a great asset to have him at CB.

Yes, he isn't a pacey CB, but that's why you partner him with a Boateng type CB; and while Hummels might seem unbeatable occasionally, he also sometimes f*cks up badly. When Badstuber gets beaten it's rarely because of an individual mistake, but mostly because the midfield lets a fast player run into plenty of space; and in those situations the CBs already have to rely on luck anyway.

That being said, this is an Alaba thread, and I hope the kid comes back strong as ever, I really love watching him play. Too bad he was born a few miles too far to the east.
the hell viva Suspect
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:09 pm

Lex wrote:How did Mertesacker get on with Naldo at Werder? Was it a good partnership? Or is Naldo as slow as Per?
Naldo was physical and quite fast. Those two held their own against Adriano and later Ibra, very physical CFs. Mertesacker was certainly the brain of the pairing eco smile
Ganso wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:Stubsi is a lock for both Bayern and Germany first choice CB, and that's unlikely to change. The kid just doesn't make mistakes. Yes, sometimes he gets outpaced, but that's not a mistake, that just happens to a player type like him sometimes. His positioning is immaculate, his passing is worthig of a #10, it's just such a great asset to have him at CB.

Yes, he isn't a pacey CB, but that's why you partner him with a Boateng type CB; and while Hummels might seem unbeatable occasionally, he also sometimes f*cks up badly. When Badstuber gets beaten it's rarely because of an individual mistake, but mostly because the midfield lets a fast player run into plenty of space; and in those situations the CBs already have to rely on luck anyway.

That being said, this is an Alaba thread, and I hope the kid comes back strong as ever, I really love watching him play. Too bad he was born a few miles too far to the east.
the hell viva Suspect
Mäuschen >>> Viva :coffee:
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:11 pm

Ganso wrote:
the hell viva Suspect

Okay, he made mistakes today. But in the half hour where EVERYONE sucked. Even Neuer made mistakes; hell, I saw Kroos and Özil misplace passes, that NEVER used to happen. I'm not rating anyone on that half hour, not individualy at least.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:13 pm

One of the worst defenders of all time imo

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:14 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:Lol, entire team collapses, 11 players play like shit, nothing but failed passes, nobody wins a 1on1, Mertesacker gets owned twice, and you choose Badstuber to wail on?

Why? ^^

Mertesacker was Germany's best in the back line and held his own vs Sweden's most potent threat while Badstuber was repeatedly being destroyed by Ibra. Merte makes up for his lack of pace with his reading and intelligence while Badstuber only shows his "flashes" and hints of his game reading potential. Yet, none of that was seen today.

I don't like all this scathing criticism towards Holger but he does deserve a large portion of the blame as from most of what I saw he really looked out of his depth at times.

I'm sure he'll bounce back though. The man is a earnest professional.
1. Löw paired Merte with a traffic cone who was slow.
2. He started Kroos+Schweini, together a defensive no go.
3. Defensive positioning at set pieces + defending of space very suspect.

BAD-stuber is an aweful defender but he doesn't select himself. Even him would look better with Boateng or Höwedes in the middle. My conclusion is that Löw is tactically inept about defending. All tournaments and results show the same pattern.
He has to go imo. I really like Merte but even him isn't good enough for high line defending. We need a pair of Boateng, Höwedes and Hummels in the middle. Any of those two would make the defence like a rock.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:21 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Ganso wrote:
the hell viva Suspect

Okay, he made mistakes today. But in the half hour where EVERYONE sucked. Even Neuer made mistakes; hell, I saw Kroos and Özil misplace passes, that NEVER used to happen. I'm not rating anyone on that half hour, not individualy at least.

it's not like this is the first time he made mistakes, as far as I am concern he makes more mistake than any CB that I know of, he's the only player in bayern I seriously want out of the first team.

He never stop disappointing me, I have tried as much as I can to believe he's actually a good defender, but my assessement on him simply say's otherwise.

Look at how he cost Germany in Euro, I am not even worried about this Sweden match, if he keeps playing Germany won't win anything.

In Bayern as we can already see JH dropped in the important match against Dortmund and we won with Boateng and Dante on board and I hope it remains like that.

He's a good player to have on the bench though, I can tell which is better, him or Van Buyten, I will go with van Buyten because he at least score goals.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next