messixaviesta
ChollaVille
Khaled
49 posters

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Gerard Deulofeu - Page 5 Empty Re: Gerard Deulofeu

Post by jibers Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:32 pm

Good article Kizz. I personally don't rate Deulofeu that highly. Go and watch Ronaldo at 19 and compare him to Deulofeu. I like his close control though and his shooting technique reminds me of Cronaldo!

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:35 pm

free_cat wrote:Nice article, just one comment, the game was at 12:00 in the afternoon. For the constant references about setting sun and "night". Very Happy

By constant references do you mean one reference? Hehe... and nobody knows this... shhhh.

Edit: Now I get the 'night' refs... lol. Habit... we always play at night. I'm changing them smoking

Last edited by BarcaKizz on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:37 pm

jibers wrote:Good article Kizz. I personally don't rate Deulofeu that highly. Go and watch Ronaldo at 19 and compare him to Deulofeu. I like his close control though and his shooting technique reminds me of Cronaldo!

I don't really see how you can not rate an 18 year old who is blowing away second division Spain. Not only top scorer as a winger, but the talisman for his team. Sure you can be guarded... but not even rating him? These are standard reserve team scrubs he's beating, these are players only just short of La Liga standard.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:40 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:
jibers wrote:Good article Kizz. I personally don't rate Deulofeu that highly. Go and watch Ronaldo at 19 and compare him to Deulofeu. I like his close control though and his shooting technique reminds me of Cronaldo!

I don't really see how you can not rate an 18 year old who is blowing away second division Spain. Not only top scorer as a winger, but the talisman for his team. Sure you can be guarded... but not even rating him? These are standard reserve team scrubs he's beating, these are players only just short of La Liga standard.

Yea maybe I am exaggerating. He has started putting in a defensive shift as well. in 2 years time

..............................Valdes...............................
...Montoya....Pique......Bartra..........Alba.....
.........................Busquets...................
.....................Thiago.......Cesc...................
........Deulofeu........Messi...........Neymar.............

God help us all....
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:04 pm

2 years time, Iniesta will still be starting. It isnt even assured Xavi wont be.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:19 pm

The Franchise wrote:2 years time, Iniesta will still be starting. It isnt even assured Xavi wont be.

Iniesta will be injured
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:21 pm

And still running rings round your midfield while you hating.

Jelly bro?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:11 pm

The Franchise wrote:And still running rings round your midfield while you hating.

Jelly bro?

LOL. Is that an an achievment? FFS even Mulumbu looks like Xavi against our mf. Saying that a player will run ring round our mf is like saying Anderson will put on weight and get 'injured' after signing a new contract, its obvious and inevitable.

Veni Vidi Passum sum....
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:45 am

Tbf I chuckled at Jibers' comment lol.

On the last few posts... Manure seriously need to buy a CM... Its possibly even worse than us with CBs... Its like... Wtf else do you need to prove that you guys need to buy there?

Thoughts Jib? If you're still here.

But Deulo-Mehssi-Nerman is certainly fap, fap, fap...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:28 am

IMO the best thing about that is actually that I'm sure both Nerman and Deulo seem like players who are capable of a lot on their own and won't have 'pass to Messi' syndrome.

Not that 'pass to Messi' syndrome is too bad, it seems to be working out fine for us, but I think it would certainly help to have some people who can create and score up front without Messi.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:00 am

BarcaKizz wrote:Tbf I chuckled at Jibers' comment lol.

On the last few posts... Manure seriously need to buy a CM... Its possibly even worse than us with CBs... Its like... Wtf else do you need to prove that you guys need to buy there?

Thoughts Jib? If you're still here.

But Deulo-Mehssi-Nerman is certainly fap, fap, fap...

Manure? VAGI

Look the truth is that the way we play, a CM would never be effectively used. We have never been a team that plays through the middle. Even when we had Keane and Scholes at close to his best, we used the wings more. We have alwasy conceded a lot and we never really dominated games Barcelona esque...ever, go and watch our 99 season and see how many goals we shipped, we were far more like Madrid than Barcelona, so the CM thing is not a big worry. This CM thing is flavour of the month, we have had exactluy the same CM pretty much for the past 5 years doing exactly the same thing tbh. now Barcelona are in fashion people keep looking at CMs and going on about possession all the time. It's annoying, what annoys me about our mf is the transition to attack, which was amazing last game. We don't really need a DM because we need 2 cms that can move in the same phase like clev and Ando did last season together.

When we play Scholes and Carrikc they both sit back forcing both RVP and Rooney to drop deep, meaning when the cms have the balls we literally never have runners in behind the defence, and we just play it to the wings.

CBarca wrote:IMO the best thing about that is actually that I'm sure both Nerman and Deulo seem like players who are capable of a lot on their own and won't have 'pass to Messi' syndrome.

Not that 'pass to Messi' syndrome is too bad, it seems to be working out fine for us, but I think it would certainly help to have some people who can create and score up front without Messi.

It's more of Messi's influence to be honest. Some people that this conundrum contributed to Pep leaving as Messi was getting to much power. Messi is getting more and more involved and dropping deeper. If we had Messi I would hope we did the same, but the problem is that when Messi is stopped Barcelona just don't do well at all.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:49 am

He's a terrific talent, never been a question, IMHO...He's likely to play more in the Copa this season and I'd like to finally see him click in first team football before the promotion cries become a distraction...Still has work to do but surely is the next player to get promoted
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by tonykross Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:21 pm

Deulofeu is the best Under 20 talent in the world at the moment in my opinion, he has that confidence about him and also the end product to boot. when I look at other young talents like OX-Chamberlain,Zara,Sterling, they're good in their own right but no end product to go with it.

tonykross
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:25 pm

Tito on Gerard

"It is natural that I talk to (Barca B coach) Eusebio about Deulofeu and about many other players as well," he said.

"We discuss their behaviour on the pitch and off it as well. Deulofeu has progressed a lot, but he has things he can improve.

There is a lot more to football than doing three or four spectacular things in a game."
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:52 pm

FCBarça wrote:Tito on Gerard

"It is natural that I talk to (Barca B coach) Eusebio about Deulofeu and about many other players as well," he said.

"We discuss their behaviour on the pitch and off it as well. Deulofeu has progressed a lot, but he has things he can improve.

There is a lot more to football than doing three or four spectacular things in a game."

Doesnt sound very good.

Though it does sound a little unfair, makes it sound like he only does a few special things a game and nothing else. I am sure thats not the case, thats not what he meant...but yeah..

I guess they just pouring cold water on it, for his own good.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:17 am

It does echo what I've been saying on the player
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:23 am

Too harsh on the guy. Give the guy a break.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:17 am

Easy for a fan to say and harder for a coach to accept. Tito has brains, if there is a problem, there is a problem.
Deuf still needs to mature remember and still hasn't got the experience, maturity and skill to get into the starting squad.
Should feature in the match either starting or coming on.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:15 am

Even harder for a fan to endure routine abuse for well supported assessments that turns out is exactly what the boss himself thinks
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:15 am

Don't exagerate, I don't think anyone insulted you. I suppose you are saying this for me, when my main point was precisely the one you and tonykroos are now acknoweledging, that Deulofeu is the best U-20 talent in Spain and in our youth ranks, while you guys disagreed.

I pointed this out since long time ago before him exploding in the B and I also pointed long time ago many of the same handicaps Tito is pointing out (more than a year ago I already mentioned he needs to get more involved in the game and have more workrate, which is what I think Tito is pointing out). He still needs to improve but his talent is there to see.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:01 pm

You don't cop routine abuse at all... Seriously, stop trying to act like the persecuted guy on here.

Sometimes you seem to argue with people for the sake of it on here and it antagonises. Please, I'm just going to ask politely to chill a bit more and bring a more friendly approach, because you've not copped 'routine abuse'.. if anything you seem to incessantly disagree with any poster.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:07 pm

free_cat wrote:Don't exagerate, I don't think anyone insulted you.

I'm not the one prone to exaggerations so you're comments are misdirected

free_cat wrote:I suppose you are saying this for me, when my main point was precisely the one you and tonykroos are now acknoweledging, that Deulofeu is the best U-20 talent in Spain and in our youth ranks, while you guys disagreed.

If I meant you, I would've directed at you as I have done before on an occasion where it directly related to you

In this case, you are not alone although it's clear to see that if anyone is a Deulofeu fanboy, that distinction belongs to you

Lastly, find a quote where I have said Deulofeu was not a great talent before you provide an immaterial blanket statement like 'best U-20 talent in Spain'...Big deal, talent alone is hardly a definitive barometer for success...Plus, I'd say Isco is the best U-20 talent in Spain currently

free_cat wrote:I pointed this out since long time ago before him exploding in the B and I also pointed long time ago many of the same handicaps Tito is pointing out (more than a year ago I already mentioned he needs to get more involved in the game and have more workrate, which is what I think Tito is pointing out). He still needs to improve but his talent is there to see.

Are you intimating that you alone knew about the talent that is Deulofeu?...He's one of the most hyped kids in the cantera, if not the most hyped so let's not overlook the reality that he's been no secret in Spanish football since he was 13...It now appears your spinning your comments on Gerard differently because what you're taking credit for currently is something I have said from the outset and was met with your rebuke, consistently

Tito's comments simply underscored what I have been saying about Deulofeu

BarcaKizz wrote:You don't cop routine abuse at all... Seriously, stop trying to act like the persecuted guy on here.

Sometimes you seem to argue with people for the sake of it on here and it antagonises. Please, I'm just going to ask politely to chill a bit more and bring a more friendly approach, because you've not copped 'routine abuse'.. if anything you seem to incessantly disagree with any poster.

I'm a big boy and I'm not in the corner in tears because there's a clique here that love to try & ridicule (And insult)...I haven't done that and the posts are there to be seen, no reason to pretend that I'm imagining or that you weren't yourself guilty of some of it

Tito's quote supported comments I've previously made (Which was indeed met with criticism) and that was merely my point

I make posts based on what I see and engage in discussions on Barcelona topics and I've been consistent in my content, manner and responses...I don't agree for the sake of it and I defend my opinions respectfully...There are those who are too dismissive or condescending to actually carry on that level of dialogue...If a personal/private forum is your aim, that's understandable but if not, not sure what the point of singling me out as somehow being the origin of conflict...A dissenting opinion does not equate to antagonism, it's debate and what I believe is the essence of forums

FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:32 pm

I was going to quote some of your posts undervaluing Deulofeu, but forget about it, pointless discussion.

All I meant is that some of us who rated Deulofeu long ago also pointed out his weaknesses, but this doesn't mean he isn't already a very good player and can become a much better one.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:53 pm

at this age, the guy needs proper mentoring and not only from the coach but from some lockroom role models. a few games with puyol would benefit him.

P.S. I'm watching tonights game mainly to check him out
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:19 pm

Can we drop this petty argument and keep it on Deulofeu?

PM me if any questions or comments.

Kizz
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:37 pm

There's a story in Germany that Leverkusen are trying to close a loan deal on Deulofeu but the sticking point is insisting on a buy option
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next